Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,795 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? (37278 Views)

Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude / Can One Really Be In Love With A Teen? / Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ads: Too Harsh?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Tochi4life: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2012
Do you remember when you were a teenager you couldn't wait to start shaving, did you use anything to try and stimulate hair growth?
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by coogar: 11:58am On Nov 16, 2012
guilty....
i rubbed methylated spirit on my chin everyday to stimulate facial hair....now i am sick of it i am considering laser hair removal!

10 Likes

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Tochi4life: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
coogar: guilty....
i rubbed methylated spirit on my chin everyday to stimulate facial hair....now i am sick of it i am considering laser hair removal!
Lool I don't have any but at some point I was considering using spirit cause almost all my age mates now have facial hairs.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by dilbert100: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
shaving is such a nuisance......id rather not
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Redmosquito(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
I asked for the services of Okija juju grin. Abeg Knack me another beard slap
Okija_juju: .[img]http://rumorsontheinternets.files./2011/11/beard-slap.gif[/img]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by thirdi(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
used spirit some years back now i hate shaving as i have to do it every three days or look like Ojukwu

4 Likes

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by ACM10: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hahahaha grin
This thread is funny because it reminds me of good ol' days. The moderators are funnier for promoting it to the frontpage.
When I was in secondary schools; I used to go out with boys who are older than me. I've not developed pubic hairs but my friends were starting to experience spurts of it. I became ashamed and jealous as a result. I took the advice of friends and rubbed both local and refined gins on my private part to no avail.
Pubic hairs eventually began to sprout 2 yrs after. It was uncontrollable. Now I have hairs all over my belly and chest. How I wish that I can get my bald look back. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by cheddarking(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
I've never been able to grow a proper beard. I haven't had a shave in over 6 weeks, and I have only a little bit of stubble to show for it..

1 Like

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Aloe Vera. embarassed

Few years after, I wish I could back to that "Smooth Chin". undecided
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by coogar: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking: I've never been able to grow a proper beard. I haven't had a shave in over 6 weeks, and I have only a little bit of stubble to show for it..

you're lucky then.....
i started rubbing spirit as early as 12......most of my friends had facial hair by then and i thought i was being left out of the groovy train - the chics in my school wanted the boys with facial hair and labelled the rest as "small" boys......i wasn't having it so i attacked the first aid box in the house and was literally splashing my face with spirit....few years later, i succeeded in drawing out a massive facial hair!

2 Likes

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by a1solution: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Tochi4life: Do you remember when you were a teenager you couldn't wait to start shaving, did you use anything to try and stimulate hair growth?
what does it profit a man to grow bears and become old early

5 Likes

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Omo I dey finish my barber's spirit er time I go to barb me hair, no small tin Ooo.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by cheddarking(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
coogar:

you're lucky then.....
i started rubbing spirit as early as 12......most of my friends had facial hair by then and i thought i was being left out of the groovy train - the chics in my school wanted the boys with facial hair and labelled the rest as "small" boys......i wasn't having it so i attacked the first aid box in the house and was literally splashing my face with spirit....few years later, i succeeded in drawing out a massive facial hair!

Damn...

I was a spirit abuser back in the day still...

It didnt work.

1 Like

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by kittykat1(f): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Does meth spirit really stimulate hair growth or is it a myth?
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by dapyd1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Yep... I did, methylated spirit in secondary school... I'm not sure if it really worked coz my facial hair seems to be growing normally...
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
I used that Soulmate hair cream with indian hemp in it.
I also used Virgin hair fertilizer...

Those days sha. My hair grew and still grows fast but I just wasn't satisfied then.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by coogar: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
kitty kat: Does meth spirit really stimulate hair growth or is it a myth?

it does!!!

cheddarking:
Damn...
I was a spirit abuser back in the day still...
It didnt work.

well, different strokes for different folks!
it worked so well for me - i began to notice few strands at first - these strands were so unusual and they were really long(my friends used to laugh at me then)

2 Likes

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
I once did that.. When my agemates were getting theirs and I had none.. And my dad noticed the methylated spirit was always in my room and he frankly told me 'It runs in the family.. You'll just have to be patient, we don't beard on time'. Well.. THE END.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by cdamsel(f): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
Change ur topic 2 male teen abeg undecided
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
ItsModella: I used that Soulmate hair cream with indian hemp in it.
I also used Virgin hair fertilizer...

Those days sha. My hair grew and still grows fast but I just wasn't satisfied then.

I almost thought you were actually simulating hair growth in places other than your hair..! shocked
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
^^ LMAO. grin grin
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by madjune(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
I now have bald head like michael jordan. Sometimes i like it and sometimes i dont but it started when i applied SPORTIN WAVES on my head, wishing to look like will smith in the 90s.

1 Like

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Lordave: 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Sulfur8
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
SPIRIT. WORKED FOR ME. ALWAYS ENVIED PEOPLE WHO HAD SIDE BURNS THAT CONNECTED TO THEIR BEARDS AND THEY CAN LINE EM UP AND IT LOOKS D-OPE. SEEING AS EVERYONE ELSE IN MY FAMILY IS HAIRLESS AND I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH SIDEBURNS THAT CONNECTS TO MY BEARD, ILL SAY IT WORKED.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
CHYKMAN:

I almost thought you were actually simulating hair growth in places other than your hair..! shocked
Man, I read only the topic o...didn't even read what the OP wrote...my bad grin grin
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by yuzedo: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hmmmm..... This is totally embarrassing for me.
Let me articulate quickly:

1. I used spirit.

2. I ACTUALLY prayed to God every morning for weeks to help my beards and pubic hair grow. Being in the boarding house meant that bathing time exposed you to ridicule; your juniors already sprouting hairs and you are bare as a rock! cry

3. In a moment of desperation, I used my feet to pick up generous tufts of hair when the barber was shaving my head. I was too embarrassed to even let him know. Took it home and used super-glue to gum it on my groin and the side of my face.
I LOOKED RIDICULOUS! embarassed cry undecided

.. Make I stop here, chai, don't remind me abeg. I'm too embarrassed to continue.. lipsrsealed angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
<<<< WHAT I ASPIRED FOR, AND GOT WITH SPIRIT. AND NO THATS NOT ME. JUST A PIC I GOT ON THE NET LOL
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Clemzy16(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
I'm guilty as charged. I remember using spirit on hair-parts in my skin. I was 12 then but it didn't work. I also used some local stuff given to me by friends. (don't know what's it called). But now i have hairs in all sensitive parts of my body. There's too much beard on my face these days.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
ItsModella:
Man, I read only the topic o...didn't even read what the OP wrote...my bad grin grin
lmao! Maybe you shuld remove the post or modify it grin
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by dominique(f): 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
cdamsel: Change ur topic 2 male teen abeg undecided

Gbam! And it should be beard growth not hair.
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by megxo(m): 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
obadiah777: <<<< WHAT I ASPIRED FOR, AND GOT WITH SPIRIT.
omo, see ur chest abeg, no go turn esau wo grin gringringringrin
Re: As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? by Nkonadi(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
cdamsel: Change ur topic 2 male teen abeg undecided

shatap!!! I don catch my neigbour b4 where she da use spirit for her private part. Then, she was 9 nd i was 8...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide / Aggrieved Dad Announces The Death Of His Son, Hours After Announcing His Birth / 'If You Breastfeed Your Son, You're Training Him To Be A Rapist' - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.