Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board (5750 Views)

Today Is The International Day For Zero Tolerance Of Female Genital Mutilation / With So Many Teeth Whitening Products On Store Shelves And At Dental Offices / I Am A Programmer And I Have Been Searching For Nafdac List Of Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 16, 2012
This is the health board and as the name suggests a place where people can visit to learn about their illnesses discuss with other people who are suffering the same illness and exchange ideas etc. This is NOT a market place for herbal products, services, medical devices etc etc

It is also a place where people can hear/learn about breakthroughs in medicine and science, and generally broaden their knowledge on what is happening in the medical world today.

I am tired of hiding posts and appealing to people to stop spamming the board with all sorts of "so called miracle herbal drugs, services and medical devices etc" and the moderators, admin and the spambot will start banning people who insist on doing this.

People should stop playing on peoples vulnerability & helplessness just because they are ill and desperate for a cure . . . . .(I am sure that no one here will pray that a loved one is ripped off too)

. . . . . and people suffering from various aliments too should get wise and visit their doctor/local hospital/do proper research before falling for these so called "herbal one table cures all miracles".

The mods on this section are committed to keeping this board clean and to protect vulnerable people from loosing any money on things that dont work, have not been tested or are not safe.

If as a seller you are sure of your product, then please take it to the Nairaland Adverts section and not here.

Thank you for your co operation.

2 Likes

Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by dominique(f): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
This thread is long overdue. I've been meaning to start something similar myself. The number of scammers that prowl this section is quite disturbing. The mods and spambots can't ban/hide all of the posts of these offenders. Some still manage to getaway with their quackery, duping unsuspecting people in the process.
I've recieved numerous complaints from people on how they were conned or how theIr conditions worsened as a result of using these medications. I still don't know how some people sleep at night.

Dear health section posters, it all lies in your hands. Don't let your desperation cloud your judgement. We can only stop the scammers that are within our grasp. Some of them fly under our rader and are able to achieve their wicked purpose because YOU let them.! Please please and please, if by any means you want to contact anybody here for cure for your aliment, do as much background research as possible. Ask as many questions as possible and don't pay money to anybody's account unless you've had some level of physical contact. Most importantly, DON'T patronise these people! 90% of them are quacks and the remaining 10% will recommend you to a doctor if its beyond their control.

our well-being is very important. We should help one another in areas where we can and not see anybody's plight as a meal ticket.

1 Like

Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by dominique(f): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
We can also use this thread as a meduim to share experiences with these so-called health experts. Could be positive or negative. This way, We can seperate those that are for real from the charlatans. Would have shared some of the complaints i recieved(with complainant's anonymity) but can't access my mail for now.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thank you to those who have respected the forum rules, however there are still a few diehards who still insist on advertising their one minute wonder drugs.

We will continue to hide them and its just a waste of everyones time.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by healthcons: 3:47am On Dec 16, 2012
what if someone recomends a product for one particular illness. Is it allowed? because most of my posts were hide just because i recomend a product from GNLD. I believe Gnld is a well known company. There product is effective and NAFDAC approved. So why do you need to hide my posts.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 16, 2012
There is an advert section on NL where people who want to sell their products can advertise. The health section is not a marketplace.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by healthcons: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2012
chaircover: There is an advert section on NL where people who want to sell their products can advertise. The health section is not a marketplace.

Thank you for your co-operation.
People post on the health section just for them to know the solution to their illness. If it is true that you want to help them, you only hide post if only the recomend products were not from a well known company or not NAFDAC approved.
Pls, don't joke with people's life, time and money.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by dominique(f): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
^^^ even the doctors on this board don't just recommend medication anyhow. people come here mostly to seek advice and broaden their knowledge. There's no way to verify the autenticity of medicines advertised here, its safer if those adverts are hidden or removed. I absolutely agree with you on not joking with peoples lives.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 01, 2013
how can people take medication 'recommended' from a non medical person, everybody's body is different - i'm not allergic to penicillin but my daughter is - u get the point i am trying to make.

if we had a proper health service in nigeria people wouldn't have green light to be advertising their rubbish here
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by mrmofasa(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2013
Thank you, chaircover. I hope that the usually obstinate nairalanders will listen.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2013
They are gradually getting the message. They spend 10 minutes writing out a post/thread and I use 5 seconds to delete them lipsrsealed

There are many avoidable deaths in Nigeria today because people dont take responsible care of their health and by the time they seek proper medical attention its sometimes too late and the money they are running away from spending, they will end up spending 10 times more at the end of the day.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2013
CC is a mod? shocked
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by dominique(f): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Jenny is a medic

jennykadry: CC is a mod? shocked

Where av you been? grin
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by MyJoe: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
Zero tolerance. Lol. Never knew dominique was a politician.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Dr9ce(m): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2013
Great job chaircover! this thread is long overdue....that was how one dubious individual claimed to have cure for hypertension and diabetes.They keep decieving unsuspecting and vulnerable patients...waste thier money..worsen thier conditions and leave them with life threathning complications. kudos!
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by cbaba: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
This is the only thread I learn so much. Great work MOD.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by innersecret(f): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2013
I love what u guys are doing and quiet agree with what is been said but will like to add that its not all that are fake,MLM is open to all and most people don't know how to apply the product,for one am genuine.nafdac approvial takes time.I had a spinal cord pain runing for 2months plus and I was asked to go for R-ray,the caps that was given to me didn't work till someone introduce me to this herbal product from organo gold,just half sachet I didn't feel it the next day again and I use 2 sachet which didn't cost me up to 1500 till today since 2011 I didn't feel sure again.I have to share the experience.I even register with the company in U.S today people call me doc so will I keep sure information to myself.if its nafdac approve I would gladly pay for advert space.so its not all herbal product that don't work.even a child of 2yrs plus had cough and I gave the mother 2 sachet in the night the mum saw me and was thanking me,I can't keep sure info to my self alone.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
innersecret: I love what u guys are doing and quiet agree with what is been said but will like to add that its not all that are fake,MLM is open to all and most people don't know how to apply the product,for one am genuine.nafdac approvial takes time.I had a spinal cord pain runing for 2months plus and I was asked to go for R-ray,the caps that was given to me didn't work till someone introduce me to this herbal product from organo gold,just half sachet I didn't feel it the next day again and I use 2 sachet which didn't cost me up to 1500 till today since 2011 I didn't feel sure again.I have to share the experience.I even register with the company in U.S today people call me doc so will I keep sure information to myself.if its nafdac approve I would gladly pay for advert space.so its not all herbal product that don't work.even a child of 2yrs plus had cough and I gave the mother 2 sachet in the night the mum saw me and was thanking me,I can't keep sure info to my self alone.

I dont really understand what you are trying to say! but from what I gather from your previous posts, You sell herbal drugs so I am assuming that you are saying that not all drugs are fake which I agree with, however I am sure that you agree with me also that a lot of these advertised drugs dont work and people are not only just wasting their money but also risking thier lives too.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by heathissues(m): 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
IT IS ADVISABLE FOR A TRUE TESTED PRODUCT BEFORE BUYING.............AND MUST BE NAFDAC APPROVED..............HEALTH MATTERS A LOT PLEASE...............
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 2:47am On May 23, 2013
chaircover: This is the health board and as the name suggests a place where people can visit to learn about their illnesses discuss with other people who are suffering the same illness and exchange ideas etc. This is NOT a market place for herbal products, services, medical devices etc etc

It is also a place where people can hear/learn about breakthroughs in medicine and science, and generally broaden their knowledge on what is happening in the medical world today.

I am tired of hiding posts and appealing to people to stop spamming the board with all sorts of "so called miracle herbal drugs, services and medical devices etc" and the moderators, admin and the spambot will start banning people who insist on doing this.

People should stop playing on peoples vulnerability & helplessness just because they are ill and desperate for a cure . . . . .(I am sure that no one here will pray that a loved one is ripped off too)

. . . . . and people suffering from various aliments too should get wise and visit their doctor/local hospital/do proper research before falling for these so called "herbal one table cures all miracles".

The mods on this section are committed to keeping this board clean and to protect vulnerable people from loosing any money on things that dont work, have not been tested or are not safe.

If as a seller you are sure of your product, then please take it to the Nairaland Adverts section and not here.

Thank you for your co operation.

Nice one man.... Screw the bad eggs up... More greese to ur elbow.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nice one...I once did 'bebeto' by posting b4 i read the rules, but thank God I wasn't rude to the mod who I complained too- and she was tactful in her replies...I respect that a lot, and I since have an esteemed image of her.

I think anyone who wants to advertise shud use the adverts section as they've stated earlier.. Sometimes Paid Advertising is better for ur Bottom line than free ads, besides all u get with free oftentimes is just a little publicity, which seldom brings in the $$.

If U are serious about ur business, follow the rules.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Airhix(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2013
Moderators ! My message didn't derail from your set out rule ! First am not a scam ! And my nairaland ids contains my full personal details ! I ve seen these herbal product work , my parents did it , while I grew up ! So its just to alleviate those who ve this ailments ! Till date , there's no orthodox cure for Asthma ! But I ve treated people with this ailment and that was the end , pls review my post and let others see it . Thanks
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by i4real: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
dominique: This thread is long overdue. I've been meaning to start something similar myself. The number of scammers that prowl this section is quite disturbing. The mods and spambots can't ban/hide all of the posts of these offenders. Some still manage to getaway with their quackery, duping unsuspecting people in the process.
I've recieved numerous complaints from people on how they were conned or how theIr conditions worsened as a result of using these medications. I still don't know how some people sleep at night.

Dear health section posters, it all lies in your hands. Don't let your desperation cloud your judgement. We can only stop the scammers that are within our grasp. Some of them fly under our rader and are able to achieve their wicked purpose because YOU let them.! Please please and please, if by any means you want to contact anybody here for cure for your aliment, do as much background research as possible. Ask as many questions as possible and don't pay money to anybody's account unless you've had some level of physical contact. Most importantly, DON'T patronise these people! 90% of them are quacks and the remaining 10% will recommend you to a doctor if its beyond their control.

our well-being is very important. We should help one another in areas where we can and not see anybody's plight as a meal ticket.
Can someone advertise medical instruments like Microscope?
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by Sissy3(f): 5:12am On Aug 30, 2013
i4real:
Can someone advertise medical instruments like Microscope?

No, there is an Advert Section for that.
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by macayub(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nairaland with dictatorialship...
Re: Zero Tolerance On Spamming And Advertising Of Products On This Board by mindurbiznes: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
tongue

(1) (Reply)

FG To Include Herbal Medicine In Medical Curriculum / 6 Million Die From Smoking Globally Every Year Says WHO / Weight Loss 4 Fools Work Based On The Plan That Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.