Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. (7474 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
Am just thinking of buying one but I want to be fully convinced it can wash my plates and Cutleries well after cooking typical Nigerian dishes.
Anyone with practical experience on usage in Nigeria?
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by MissyB3(f): 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
Akanniade: Am just thinking of buying one but I want to be fully convinced it can wash my plates and Cutleries well after cooking typical Nigerian dishes.
Anyone with practical experience on usage in Nigeria?
Get one if you want it. I doubt you can wash your plates and cutlery better than it can.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
If its that good at washing, I wonder why you hardly see people use it in Nigeria. I mean this is a technology that's been around 30yrs+.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by sophy09: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
I don't think the dishwasher will clean all the eba, fufu, amala pots. You still have to do that with your hands. The thing about dishwasher is that it depends on the soap you are using and most times it does not wash well.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Meddler(f): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
It would work. The only problem like one of the other posters mentioned will depend on what kind of dishwashing soap you use.
You still need to scrape off any grim from ur plates before placing in the dishwasher otherwise it might not wash well. I've tried putting plate with dried on food in the dishwasher and it didn't wash well.
I'm not sure if they have good dishwashing soap in naija. So you might have to look around for a good one.
With that said I don't see why a dishwasher won't work in naija.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by uzoo: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2012
two things about dish washers in Nigeria,

its not standard in a house ,meaning even if you move into a house thats partly or fully furnished , none makes provision for
a dish washer , and if you do buy one to install by your self in the house ,its just a head ache ,like the washing machine , you will have to have a plumber install two pipes for you in the kitchen .one for allowing water from the mains in the house to flow in to the dishwasher ,and the second pipes for passage to the drainage system from the dishwasher (machine).

Then the second issue is,. .., you know, The usual..... power supply. Again like the washing machine , the dish washer is also a machine that uses electricity.
so unless you have a good UPS or INVERTER SYSTEM to power up your dishwasher when the power goes out while its workking,then i suggest you forget the idea of getting one.

But then again, LG may have a dishwasher made for Nigerian climate, i have an LG washing machine that even if the power goes off it gives you enough time to turn on your generator to allow the washing circle to be completed, with out having to start all over again from the beginning ,( thats what ruins the fabric).

i think it has a in-built inverter, and these days they also make the ones with heating element in-built, so it washes with hot water and you dont have to connect your water heater to the washing machine.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2012
Thanks all. The power supply is no problem for me cost I have a solar hybrid system which provides uninterrupted power. Plumbing is a minor hurdle as well.
I guess I have to visit an Lg shop to check the options they have .

sophy09: I don't think the dishwasher will clean all the eba, fufu, amala pots. You still have to do that with your hands. The thing about dishwasher is that it depends on the soap you are using and most times it does not wash well.
My concerns exactly. grin
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by MissyB3(f): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
You just don't throw your plates into the dish washer after a meal. . .You first rinse off the particles in the plate.
And yes, a dish washer can wash your plates very well, perhaps, even better than you can. Nothing makes Nigerian food harder to wash off plates than 'oyinbo' food. undecided
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by akinwole21: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2012
Dish washer to me doesn't wash plates to my satisfaction. I have taken washed plates out of dishwasher with lots of unwashed bits. What is the essense of using it when I still have to wash my plates out before putting in the washer? I'd rather invest in a very good cooker than buy a dish washer. My own opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2012
Missy_B: You just don't throw your plates into the dish washer after a meal. . .You first rinse off the particles in the plate.
And yes, a dish washer can wash your plates very well, perhaps, even better than you can. Nothing makes Nigerian food harder to wash off plates than 'oyinbo' food. undecided

Haba, thats double work now. angry
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Meddler(f): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Akanniade:
Haba, thats double work now. angry

Just like a sink, you don't want stuff clogging up ur dishwasher. Its imperative you scrape ur plate off first. If for some reason uve had ur dishwasher for a while remember to wash the dishwasher itself. There are detergents formulated specifically to clean the dishwasher.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by armyofone(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
True Missy B. Even the dishwasher here you don't put pots in. Sometime I look at mine and I just laugh and say fancy for nothing cuz I only use it twice this year (when I hosted my girlfriends). The only thing i like about it is the very hot water used in the process (expect your bill to hike though).

In nigeria, I'd say OP just install a good double sink in your kitchen.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
From all that have been said. Its simply not worth the trouble. Scraping,special detergent etc. Good old sink wud have to be sufficient for now. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 21, 2012
Missy_B: You just don't throw your plates into the dish washer after a meal. . .You first rinse off the particles in the plate.

If you have a high efficient dishwasher my dear , no rinse is necessary, that's what they use to sell it sef,

where do I have time to rinse? , it sucks every leftover rice , soggy bread and stuck on chocolate milk in mugs....wetin you dey play with grin for real o, not kidding.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 21, 2012
Meddler:

Just like a sink, you don't want stuff clogging up ur dishwasher. Its imperative you scrape ur plate off first. If for some reason uve had ur dishwasher for a while remember to wash the dishwasher itself. There are detergents formulated specifically to clean the dishwasher.

You HAVE to wash the dishwasher , washing machine, oven , stove( or cooker what'd you guys call it) at least every couple month, it depends....you just put the jet dry and run the normal cycle , same goes to your washer.... every housewares needs maintenance no matter what, even cars needs service and oil change every month or so undecided
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by MissyB3(f): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
jidegirl12:

If you have a high efficient dishwasher my dear , no rinse is necessary, that's what they use to sell it sef,

where do I have time to rinse? , it sucks every leftover rice , soggy bread and stuck on chocolate milk in mugs....wetin you dey play with grin for real o, not kidding.
Please, it is very necessary to rinse or scrape off every particle before putting your plates into the dishwasher, regardless of its quality; otherwise, with time, the dishwasher filter gets clogged. It's not a dustbin, but a dishwasher.

The kind of things I'm reading on this thread ehn - From ''If it's that good at washing, I wonder why you hardly see people use it in Nigeria'' to ''I don't think the dishwasher will clean all the eba, fufu, amala pots'' to ''If you have a high efficient dishwasher my dear , no rinse is necessary''. Una go kill pesin hia eh!
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Freiburger(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
jidegirl12:

When the whole system get blocked after a short time, you will start complaining right?

1 Like

Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Akanniade(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
@jidegirl12 may I know the brand you referring to
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 25, 2012
Sorry guys I didn't mean to ignore you...

Okay ..@ OP I use frigidaire and I never rinse my dishes ever!

Freiburger:
When the whole system get blocked after a short time, you will start complaining right?

They have bigger suction now I guess ... If you check that holes underneath that blade.., you'd notice they are bigger compared to old schools.

@ meddler ...of course you will not put eba and fufu in there deliberately ... I was just using that example to explain its efficiency... Also I use hot cycle... It breaks the food down into liquids that than pass thru the suction except of course bones.
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by 1Sharon(f): 1:52am On Sep 07, 2017
Dishwasher in Nigeria? You lot are kidding urselves
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by Syphonn(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
5 signs you are not just a sex mate
Discovering you are just a sexmate is one of the worst things that ladies hate, especially if they had fallen in love with the man.
There is something every man wants from a lady and this is what gives the man the boldness to walk up to her and start up a conversation.
It is believed that when two minds agree, then they will decide to walk together.

READ MORE http://www.busygisting.com/5-signs-he-is-only-your-sexmate/
Re: Dish Washer In Nigerian Kitchen. by marylandcakes: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2017

No matter the efficiency of your dishwasher you still need to empty and rinse out the food bits. If not those food bits will be used to wash the dishes and your plates come out dirty. Also over time your dishwasher will stink like a sewage pipe because it is not a food disposable machine it is a dishwasher. This means you put the dishes in not the food.

(1) (Reply)

U Love Food?? She Loves U Too / 5 Wonderful Foods You Should Eat To Get Big Backside / Strong Uk Used Blenders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.