Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences (18190 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by kachy: 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
It is being reported that at least 60 Nigerians resident in the United Kingdom have been deported because of various criminal offences. While some of the deportees had contravened immigration rules, others were deported for their involvement in crimes such as rape, stealing, smoking and selling of hard drugs. Some were also deported because they  used fake visa or engaged in fake marriages.

Some of the deportees at the airport said they had lived in the UK for long but could not get residence permit. They narrated their experiences to PM News and gave reasons for their deportation.

Bathlomew Sunday, an indigene of Anambra State, southeast Nigeria, said that he lived in UK for nine years but could not get residence permit. Sunday said he had to engage in a contract marriage to get the permit but was later caught by the British immigration, which deported him to Nigeria. He said he was not allowed to take any of his possessions before he was deported, adding that it was at the airport that he discovered other Nigerians were also deported. Sunday explained that the British government made it difficult for immigrants, especially Nigerians, to get residence permit, saying that they didn’t plan to stay there illegally.

Another deportee, Daniel Uche, who hails from Enugu State, said that the global economic meltdown has made it difficult to get jobs in the UK, thus many Nigerians are struggling to survive. Uche said there are no jobs for foreigners in UK, and to survive, many engage in shady businesses.

Also, Peter Nkwocha from Delta State said he travelled to UK about seven years ago, but he was arrested and later deported because he was wrongly accused of rape. Though he said he denied the allegation, he was arrested and later deported when the British authorities discovered he had a ‘contract’ marriage during investigation.

From their accounts, it is clear that they knew they had committed some offences – staying in UK illegally without residence permit, having ‘contract’ marriages, engaging in shady businesses and more. Isn’t it sad that Nigerians have to resort to committing such crimes just because they want to live in foreign countries such as the UK.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/15/60-nigerians-deported-from-uk-over-contract-marriages-visa-scams-criminal-offences/
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Vicjustice: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
kachy: It is being reported that at least 60 Nigerians resident in the United Kingdom have been deported because of various criminal offences. While some of the deportees had contravened immigration rules, others were deported for their involvement in crimes such as rape, stealing, smoking and selling of hard drugs. Some were also deported because they  used fake visa or engaged in fake marriages.

Some of the deportees at the airport said they had lived in the UK for long but could not get residence permit. They narrated their experiences to PM News and gave reasons for their deportation.

Bathlomew Sunday, an indigene of Anambra State, southeast Nigeria, said that he lived in UK for nine years but could not get residence permit. Sunday said he had to engage in a contract marriage to get the permit but was later caught by the British immigration, which deported him to Nigeria. He said he was not allowed to take any of his possessions before he was deported, adding that it was at the airport that he discovered other Nigerians were also deported. Sunday explained that the British government made it difficult for immigrants, especially Nigerians, to get residence permit, saying that they didn’t plan to stay there illegally.

Another deportee, Daniel Uche, who hails from Enugu State, said that the global economic meltdown has made it difficult to get jobs in the UK, thus many Nigerians are struggling to survive. Uche said there are no jobs for foreigners in UK, and to survive, many engage in shady businesses.

Also, Peter Nkwocha from Delta State said he travelled to UK about seven years ago, but he was arrested and later deported because he was wrongly accused of rape. Though he said he denied the allegation, he was arrested and later deported when the British authorities discovered he had a ‘contract’ marriage during investigation.

From their accounts, it is clear that they knew they had committed some offences – staying in UK illegally without residence permit, having ‘contract’ marriages, engaging in shady businesses and more. Isn’t it sad that Nigerians have to resort to committing such crimes just because they want to live in foreign countries such as the UK.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/15/60-nigerians-deported-from-uk-over-contract-marriages-visa-scams-criminal-offences/
The English is so horrible, i'm not blaming it on the poster, i mean, the composition of the report (with punctuation errors and series of missing definite articles etc) is awful embarassed
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by fittty(m): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2012
Bounty hunters at work grin
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by buchibabe: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Na wa o. Uk is vexing
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Toheeb31(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2012
I wonder wat dey were still doing dere wen dere is no job in d first place. Come bak home dere is no place like home
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by cheddarking(m): 9:44am On Nov 17, 2012
Don't go to Another Mans Country Illegally...

Don't Stay in Another Man's Country Illegally...

WHAT IS IT WITH BLACK PEOPLE AND CRIMINALITY SEF?

Abi Them Swear for us?

Cant we just do the right thing??
undecided undecided

14 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2012
Well, all that's left is to wish them a Safe Journey back home.

Welcome Back folks.

While you were away, a lot has happened.

Our Leaders now use Twitter, Boko Haram are proving stubborn,

Beauty Pageants are everywhere, Did you hear about Farouk's case?

Obasanjo hopes to quit politics (surprising, right?), Jonathan claims Boko Haram will be extinguished *soon*.

A Couple Notable peeps died, A few more pastors bought private jets.

You missed out a chance to drive a "Dangote Truck".

Oh and the other day, a Lawmaker drinking stout got punched in the mouth - lost two teeth.

undecided

90 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 17, 2012
My brothers, come back let's build Nigeria. grin
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Itoroetti(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2012
HQ: Well, all that's left is to wish them a Safe Journey back home.

Welcome Back folks.

Obasanjo hopes to quit politics (surprising, right?), Jonathan claims Boko Haram will be extinguished *soon*.

Oh and the other day, a Lawmaker drinking stout got punched in the mouth - lost two teeth.

undecided

U are supposed to be working for linda ikeji or laila ikeji on reportage.

1 Like

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Clerverly: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2012
Eeeya R.I.P. Country hard oooo
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by kalufelix(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2012

Welcome Back folks.

undecided

haha...u no well

1 Like

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by bory09(m): 9:57am On Nov 17, 2012
After have made mouth to everybody that i have travelled abroad and my relative expecting money from me. They will just wake up to see me coming back from UK with nothing shai as he go na him come back. Tufiapka God forbid. Its better make i no come home make i go settle where my family no go see me and lie say i still dey UK

1 Like

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Tyche(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2012
nagoma: Criminal SE

This comment will surely earn you a place in the Forbes list.
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by kennytidistar(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2012
[=Vicjustice]The English is so horrible, i'm not blaming it on the
poster, i mean, the composition of the report (with punctuation errors
and series of missing definite articles etc) is awful :-

why do you derive joy in spoting errors in english. the same english country deported your countrymen despite the fact that you must write toefl, sat, and other test of english before you can gain entrance to study in the U.K myfriend wise up let us build our indigenous language,. mowifunetoooooooooo!

24 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Damseluc(f): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2012
Vicjustice: The English is so horrible, i'm not blaming it on the poster, i mean, the composition of the report (with punctuation errors and series of missing definite articles etc) is awful embarassed

Is English your language? Pack wello .

6 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by asala1: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2012

Welcome Back folks.

undecided

Guy! You funny die grin grin
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by caesaraba(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2012
No wahala, make una come house ko. Incase any of una been dy owe anybody money for 9ja, na dodging things get u o. Country hard now wella and everybody red-eye for here o.

5 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by dabigwalls: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2012
Our society needs to engage in some re-orientation of sorts for our upcoming young men and women. "LONDON" as we used to fondly call it and grow goose pimples over 20 years ago is no longer the same LONDON o. There are stinking locations in london, dirty streets and a lot of weekday drunkenness. While they have a very high sense of organisation and are usually very decent people, the jobs have gone into thin air, rates are not looking good, and you still cant park your car in front of your house in some places o. you pay TV license to watch TV, you do insurance for car and sometimes insurance costs more than car value, you must pay council tax apart from rent, London no be "LONDON" like that again oooo, london hustle pass lag hustle o

15 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2012
kachy: It is being reported that at least 60 Nigerians resident in the United Kingdom have been deported because of various criminal offences. While some of the deportees had contravened immigration rules, others were deported for their involvement in crimes such as rape, stealing, smoking and selling of hard drugs. Some were also deported because they used fake visa or engaged in fake marriages.

Bathlomew Sunday, an indigene of Anambra State, southeast Nigeria, said that he lived in UK for nine years but could not get residence permit. Sunday said he had to engage in a contract marriage to get the permit but was later caught by the British immigration, which deported him to Nigeria. He said he was not allowed to take any of his possessions before he was deported, adding that it was at the airport that he discovered other Nigerians were also deported. Sunday explained that the British government made it difficult for immigrants, especially Nigerians, to get residence permit, saying that they didn’t plan to stay there illegally.

Another deportee, Daniel Uche, who hails from Enugu State, said that the global economic meltdown has made it difficult to get jobs in the UK, thus many Nigerians are struggling to survive. Uche said there are no jobs for foreigners in UK, and to survive, many engage in shady businesses.

Also, Peter Nkwocha from Delta State said he travelled to UK about seven years ago, but he was arrested and later deported because he was wrongly accused of rape. Though he said he denied the allegation, he was arrested and later deported when the British authorities discovered he had a ‘contract’ marriage during investigation.

u said they wer 60, y call only 3? I know wat U want 2 start and never U scamp wen it heats up

3 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by BarryX(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2012
W̶̲̥̅ﻉ keep on being deported because W̶̲̥̅ﻉ are black A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ Nigerian, Come †̥ think of it of what use ȋ̝̊̅‎​ƨ̣̇ it staying here in Naija; waste of scarce life with no alternative uses!! G̲̅φδ help us
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by hagma37yahoocom: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2012

Welcome Back folks.

undecided

Guy Guy Guy dis comedy is just too much pls dnt break my ribs
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by onagoodday: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2012
wetin dem dey fin go there cry cry cry
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by IceDude(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2012
I pray u guyz dnt be objects of mockery sha, especially those dat came with notin. Welcome guyz, no place like home
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Onasa22: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2012
Clerverly: Eeeya R.I.P. Country hard oooo
Na wao, who die?
Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by esere826: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2012
As far as I am concerned every single person should go back to his country
Including foreign companies going back to their own countries
Those two white guys that went mining for Gold in Ghana should also be deported etc
(see: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/jungle-gold
discussed in:https://www.nairaland.com/1103245/why-china-built-ghost-town)

Till then, its just a game of economics
I won't condemn 9ja folks who for economic reasons try to anchor themselves abroad legitimately or not

Generally Speaking
I think we should look beyong the term 'illegal immigrants'
and appreciate the fact that people migrate to improve their economic and/or social well being

Those of us who are students of business strategy saw the move that Rupert Murdoch (Fox TV 'owner') made
marrying a chinese lady, Wendi, in order to gain a firmer foothold in the Chinese media market

So what is the difference between Murdoch's strategic marriage,
and those of Nigerian boys who marry Europeans in order to gain residency?

Why is it legal for one, and illegal for the other?

4 Likes

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by sherrylo: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2012

Welcome Back folks.

undecided

Guy you too much

1 Like

Re: 60 Nigerians Deported From UK Over various offences by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 17, 2012
esere826: As far as I am concerned every single person should go back to his country
Including foreign companies going back to their own countries
Those two white guys that went mining for Gold in Ghana should also be deported etc

Till then, its just a game of economics
I won't condemn 9ja folks who for economic reasons try to anchor themselves abroad legitimately or not
CARE TO EXPAND ON THIS STORY ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Collides With Trailer In Jigawa,18 Passengers Dead(photos) / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria / Truck Rams Into A Shop In Imo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.