Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine (29093 Views)

'Male Barbie' Idris Okuneye Scammed While Helping Pay Someone's Hospital Bill / Tania Omotayo Flaunts Barbie Look With New Purple Hairdo [PICS] / Angelina Jolie(miss Thing) Or Halle Berry( Black Barbie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ukrainian girls from the city of Odessa keep making the news for altering their appearance in dramatic fashion. The story of a girl who turned herself into a real life Barbie doll has spread across the globe and the saga continues. Two more girls, Anime and Dominika, have become living dolls and received publicity for their disturbing looks.
Anime, 19-year-old Anastasiya Shpagina, transformed herself into an anime character and never leaves the house without makeup. Applying the makeup takes Anime a few hours to accomplish so she wakes up at 5 a.m. to make it to work on time. When she walks down the street in a fairy-like outfit, with long purplish hair, looking at the world with her raccoon-like eyes, it doesn’t go unnoticed. “I don’t pay attention to reactions, the most important thing for me is my comfort,” Anime said during a talk show on a Ukrainian TV channel.

In interviews with Anime, which appeared on mainstream television in Ukraine and Russia over the past months, she gave the impression of being a pleasant, slightly naïve, girl, who is living in a dream and plays a fairy in a fairytale. She subsists almost entirely on honey-dew—no bread, meat or fish; mostly fruit and veggies. However, she is probably not as naïve as a fairy—her extreme makeup and unconventional style serve as a great promotional tool.

Anime is a hairdresser and makeup artist so all that publicity will, hopefully, work well for her career. She said that right now she’s interested in focusing on her work, but in the future would like to move out of the city and have a family. She says she doesn’t have a boyfriend and states that she would like to have plastic surgery to enlarge her eyes, to make them the size of the ones she paints on her face with makeup. She claims she hasn’t had any plastic surgery and her look is only the visual effect of styling and make up.
Unlike her, Barbie – also known as Valeriya Lukyanova – and her friend, Olga Oleynik, aka Dominika, had breast surgeries and accentuate their “Barbiness” with long hair, giant eyes, contact lenses, small mouths, tiny waists, curvy hips, full busts, and slightly manipulative unemotional manners. In a talk show, Barbie said her measurements were 86/47/86, in centimeters, which in inches equals 33.85/18.5/33.85. Olga Oleynik said that she has had breast surgery to balance the proportion with her hips because she is all about harmony and perfection.

What is it that makes these girls turn themselves into living dolls? A struggle for perfection or escape from reality?

It seems to have a connection to “Barbie doll syndrome” – when young girls try to attain impossible standards of beauty – but with Odessa girls it varies from case to case.

Anime seems to be a young girl who’s not completely comfortable in her skin and experiments with styles. Anime’s body image doesn’t radiate Barbie’s sexiness. She says the world is cruel and is full of unhappy people and it’s easier to live the way she does, creating a fairy tale for herself.

Barbie, whose spiritual name is Amatue, openly says she exploits her looks as internet PR to attract people to her lectures on esoteric subjects where – for $80 per person – she teaches astral projection.

Dominika seems to be similar to Barbie and calls herself her spiritual sister. They appear together in interviews and talk about esoteric matters. She positions herself as an artist and a fashion designer.

Whatever this ‘Barbie-Flu’ in Odessa is, it seems to be creating a phenomena that the world is watching with great interest, clicking through the weird pictures and videos, looking into their doll-like eyes. Barbie, Anime, Dominika—what’s next?

Source: Forbes.com
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pics of Anastasiya Shpagina

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2012

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
Valeriya Lukyanova human barbie

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2012

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2012

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dominika Elsandio Kjósa

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by RedLight1: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
okay... i hope they get the cure soon.... antiritro-barbie drug

5 Likes

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2012
Interesting indeed
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2012
Make-up gone wrong. Well done for trying though.

Those eyes look horrible, btw. I thought "Joker" was a freak, now this? undecided

Please, Please, to the Newbies - DO NOT QUOTE THE ENTIRE POST WHILST REPLYING

6 Likes

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 17, 2012
Why did i waste my data......arrrg!

1 Like

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 17, 2012
Person don thief abiL's thread grin
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Andrew3(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2012
na lie these are cartoons.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by candieangel12(f): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2012
Naija girls fine pass these barbie girls
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by timbros(m): 9:51am On Nov 17, 2012
jammyng: Why did i waste my data......arrrg!

lol...i had to click 'STOP' when i see my opera mobile loading...1.5mb at just 40%
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Meddler(f): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Quite cool even though its kinda weird. I can see this look for Halloween but not daily. I wonder how they get that plastic finish look for their face.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2012
Waiting to see them in 30 years time.

I wonder what they'll look like when they are 50 and above with all these fake stuffs all over them.

3 Likes

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2012
honeric01: Waiting to see them in 30 years time.

I wonder what they'll look like when they are 50 and above with all these fake stuffs all over them.

I tried to create a "Mental Picture". embarassed You don't want to imagine that - Trust Me! cheesy
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by pekelepekele(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2012
Make money now . www.homearnings.com . I am earning $100 daily by investing with them through LR
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by ochallo: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2012
i see where nicki minaj got her barbie inspiration from.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2012
^^^^^^ Good Point.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Nov 17, 2012
HQ:

I tried to create a "Mental Picture". embarassed You don't want to imagine that - Trust Me! cheesy

They'll look like an old doll dumped in the bin filled up with patches and holes embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2012
honeric01:

They'll look like an old doll dumped in the bin filled up with patches and holes embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin

. . .And their eyes would look like a Frog with Conjunctivitis. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by honeric01(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2012
HQ:

grin

. . .And their eyes would look like a Frog with Conjunctivitis. embarassed

Low self esteem is what is driving them into doing all these rubbish, same with those who pierce/tattoos their body (public parts and lousy ones), trying to attract attention by all means because they feel unworthy to be noticed the way they are.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by candieangel12(f): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2012
honeric01:

Low self esteem is what is driving them into doing all these rubbish, same with those who pierce/tattoos their body, trying to attract attention by all means because they feel unworthy to be noticed the way they are.

I disagree with what you said about people that pierce and tattoos for attention. Thats not true at all. You couldnt be farther from the truth angry
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by honeric01(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:

I disagree with what you said about people that pierce and tattoos for attention. Thats not true at all. You couldnt be farther from the truth angry
Why did you say so? okay, let me modify it to those with visible and lousy tattoos and piercing, is this better now? tongue
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by wildorchid(f): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2012
She'll definitely get tired of it in a few years to come.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by candieangel12(f): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2012
honeric01:
Why did you say so? okay, let me modify it to those who visible and lousy tattoos and piercing, is this better now? tongue

Still not okay. I have visible piercings but my tats are hidden, but they arent for attention. So I really take offense to your statement. Most ppl get tats and piercings for various reasons and not for attention. I havent met anyone that got tats n piercings 4 attention, that wud be really pathetic.

1 Like

Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:

Still not okay. I have visible piercings but my tats are hidden, but they arent for attention. So I really take offense to your statement. Most ppl get tats and piercings for various reasons and not for attention. I havent met anyone that got tats n piercings 4 attention, that wud be really pathetic.

Hmm, Well why else did they get them for? Just the "fun" of it? undecided

Almost everyone I've met with either a piercing or a tattoo, did it for "Attention".
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by shilling(f): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Wow...really really weird.
Re: 'barbie Flu' Spreading In Ukraine by candieangel12(f): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2012
HQ:

Hmm, Well why else did they get them for? Just the "fun" of it? undecided

Almost everyone I've met with either a piercing or a tattoo, did it for "Attention".

I got my tattoos for sentimental reasons. I got my piercings because I liked the way the look. I love my bodyart because its apart of me. Attention seeking hasnt even crossed my mind for getting body art. N im yet to meet any1 that wud go thru the pain and healing just to get attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Think They Are Yemi Alade's Look-Alikes / Twitter Users Use Celebrity Names To Complete Sentences (Photos) / Bbnaija Alex Asogwa, Her Mother And Grandmother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.