Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? (7597 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Ndipe(m): 2:27am On Nov 17, 2012
In the olden days, divorced women were shunned socially in the society for fear that they would either corrupt a married woman or break down her marital home.

Even today, there are some men who express discomfort at the mere fact that their wives are on friendly terms with a friend of theirs who is divorced. Part of thier discomfort is the fact that they might try to break up their marital home.

Even women at times might shunned their divorced friend out of fear they might be out to pursue their husband or wreck their marriage out of jealousy.

What do you think? Your wife's friend just got a divorce and would you issue an ultimatum to her to stop hanging out with her friend or simply avert your eyes the other way?
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by obowunmi(m): 4:43am On Nov 17, 2012
Wht not

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by ocee31(m): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2012
Yeah
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by k2039: 6:23am On Nov 17, 2012
Op,since when did divorce become a disease that it's now wrong to associate with a divorced person

4 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by sirwilli(m): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2012
i will not

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Trut(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
Aproko...
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by dnawah(m): 6:28am On Nov 17, 2012
No i will not?she will cut all relationship.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2012
I laugh in Swahili....you guys need a total overhauling of your mentality. 'allow' your wife...what exactly can you do to stop it?? Mitchew.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by NEROSKY(m): 6:38am On Nov 17, 2012
maybe or maybe not
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2012
engineerd: i have always wanted to do this.......HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI

You are always concerned about the price of garri, sounds like you eat it three times a day? Otherwise, I don't see why you should take so much interest in itsmiley
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by ade2008(m): 6:42am On Nov 17, 2012
i will not bec .birds of the same feather flocks together. bad manner corrupt good manner. being friend to a divorcee may end up soiling my relationship with my wife.the best advice she can only give my wife is how to divorce me.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Uchwilliam(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2012
why not?am fucking one ryt now.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by slimchimex(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2012
very dangerous.....beta to keep off...
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by kollybay4u: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2012
You are digging to your grave
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Ivynwa(f): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2012
You guys that think like that are the reason many women stay with men abusing them until they die in the hands of such men.
They don't want to leave such marriages and come out in a society full of mentality of "she will corrupt my wife", "birds of the same feather flock together", "she is damaged goods" and have people treat them like v*mits. I mean people with all manner of myopic mgbeke mentalities. Disgusting mentalities I must say

Why is it that men in such circumstances don't get looked down upon like that so why look down on the woman? So a poor woman being maltreated and beaten up by a man, on deciding to get out of the situation in one piece gets more terrible treatment from others as well. Una d-o-o-o-h (How do Delta people say that again? ) Unu Emeka! Jisienu ike. Thank una. I am not really surprised to hear all these, I have always known that that is the perception our people have, the perception which contributed to the minute(almost inexistence) number of divorce years back. It is only nowadays that women are getting bolder and leaving such situations without minding what others say. It is even nice that this thread is opened as it is an opportunity for people holding those disgusting mentalities about this topic to be told to let up on it.

16 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by safeLove(f): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2012
@OP,isn't it better you remained in that olden days. From your post,you sound too archaic to live in 2012.
Who appointed you judge of people. Stewpid fella!!

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by safeLove(f): 7:07am On Nov 17, 2012
Ivynwa: You guys that think like that are the reason many women stay with men abusing them until they die in the hands of such men.
They don't want to leave such marriages and come out in a society full of mentality of "she will corrupt my wife", "birds of the same feather flock together", "she is damaged goods"----I mean all manner of myopic mgkeke mentalities. Disgustingmentalities I must say.

Why is it that men in such circumstances don't get looked down upon like that so why look down on the woman? So a poor woman being maltreated and beaten up by a man, on deciding to get out of the situation in one piece gets more terrible treatment from others as well. Una d-o-o-o-h (How do Delta people say that again? ) Unu Emeka! Jisienu ike. Thank una. I am not really surprised to hear all these, I have always known that that is the perception our people have, the perception which contributed to the infinite number of divorce years back. It is only nowadays that women are getting bolder and leaving such situations without minding what others say. It is even nice that this thread is opened as it as an opportunity for people holding those disgusting mentalities about this topic to be told to let up on it.

Thank you.
You will know the OP and his olden days cohorts are all abusers. By their words,you will definitely know them.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Bigmouth02: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2012
angry nigbati ko ya were
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2012
Why not first find out why she's divorced? If a woman left an abuser does that make her a bad person?. How about we learn to judge people as individuals based on their own character as opposed to just judging them based on their situation. What if in future your own sister or daughter is married to an abuser, are you the type that will let her stay and die and if she leaves how will you feel if people should stop talking to her just because of that!

No wonder women like Titi chose death over divorce. This society is sick!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2012
Bad company corrupts good manners, no way
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Clemzy16(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2012
It depends on the circumstances surrounding her divorce.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by caesaraba(m): 7:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Clemzy16: It depends on the circumstances surrounding her divorce.
Gbam!!!

Alright, let me move on to the next topic. You've already said what I wanted to say jaree. Nice one.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by pak: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2012
Clemzy16: It depends on the circumstances surrounding her divorce.

This is the most balanced of all answers.
If we close this thread at this stage, justice would have been done
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by greatgod2012(f): 8:14am On Nov 17, 2012
It depends on d cause of d divorce. Meanwhile, if u are fearing dt ur spouse may be corrupted by his/her divorced friend, then, ur problems are either one or more of d following:
1. U dont trust ur partner's discretion.
2. U are insecure concerning ur spouse.
3. U are sentimental.
4. U are afraid of what may not happen, because u are not even sure of either ur love 4 ur spouse and also ur spouse love 4 u.
5 u are selfish, u dont respect d right of ur spouse, d right of association.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by pak: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2012
greatgod2012: It depends on d cause of d divorce. Meanwhile, if u are fearing dt ur spouse may be corrupted by his/her divorced friend, then, ur problems are either one or more of d following:
1. U dont trust ur partner's discretion.
2. U are insecure concerning ur spouse.
3. U are sentimental.
4. U are afraid of what may not happen, because u are not even sure of either ur love 4 ur spouse and also ur spouse love 4 u.
5 u are selfish, u dont respect d right of ur spouse, d right of association.

Sis, please, please let's have a bit of balance here. Yur first line has said everything right but am not so sure of the other parts of your post.

How will you feel if you notice your Husbands new best friend and social companion is the local Philandering champion, the married man who chases anything in skirts ? ?

A stitch in time saves nine
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 17, 2012
It doesn't change anything in my marriage.........by the way I'm not married cheesy
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by 9jagobetta: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2012
Knowing the true reason of her divorce is important, if it sensible i will alow my wife to be one of her fans and helpers because she will realy need every help she can get, poor woman she might even end up with the children been dumped with her. Women should learn to marry legaly so that they can alway seek a judicial support at every time of abuse in their mariage.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by pak: 8:33am On Nov 17, 2012
9jagobetta: Knowing the true reason of her divorce is important, if it sensible i will alow my wife to be one of her fans and helpers because she will realy need every help she can get, poor woman she might even end up with the children been dumped with her. Women should learn to marry legaly so that they can alway seek a judicial support at every time of abuse in their mariage.

Nice one, you have just brought up another angle to the whole issue that most of us never really considered.

kudos
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by ecolime(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2012
Danka7777:

You are always concerned about the price of garri, sounds like you eat it three times a day? Otherwise, I don't see why you should take so much interest in itsmiley
Don't mind the guy, it's not really his fault. There's so much poverty in the land.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by StateOfMind: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2012
pak:

Sis, please, please let's have a bit of balance here. Yur first line has said everything right but am not so sure of the other parts of your post.

How will you feel if you notice your Husbands new best friend and social companion is the local Philandering champion, the married man who chases anything in skirts ? ?

What kind of analogy is this?

Re-read what she typed and come up with something better.

I don't seem to understand some nairaland men..judging from most of the replies here, they all think a divorced woman is a bad woman who'll also be a bad company.. *phew* smh.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? by greatgod2012(f): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2012
pak:

i dont get ur analysis here, what is my problem with whom my hubby relates with as a friend,so far hes wise,nice, of good character and i know my hubby is wise and intelligent enough to know who to choose as friend, questioning his choice of friends means i dont trust his discretion, means im saying hes not intelligent enough to choose his friends wisely.
I prefer to have a divorced woman, but wise and God-fearing than a married but foolish and cunny and fetish as a friend.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Handle A Child's Tantrum In Public? / 'Sweet Mother': Dedicating This Evergreen Song To All Nigerian Mums / My Hatred For My Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.