Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) (4030 Views)

Help On Aliexpress Purchase / In Uk But Wants To Go Into Haulage Business In Nigeria. Help And Advise Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by modath(f): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2012
I want to make a small purchase ( less than 1kg)from aliexpress,I know I can pay with my GTb naira mastercard, am only scared of the receiving part,I heard customs do hold on to your stuff and requests you come and bail it @ an exorbitant amount.
I need guidance.
Thanks.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by juliebest(f): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2012
Only if you buy what is prohibited in Nigeria. If it is not, you have no fear.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by modath(f): 9:51am On Nov 17, 2012
juliebest: Only if you buy what is prohibited in Nigeria. If it is not, you have no fear.

Thanks julie, am I correct in assuming that weave on/extensions/ lace wig aren't contraband?? Its all for personal use.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by maga1: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2012
go ahead and buy from them ....they are reliable. u will receive ur weave-on wella with no problem. NO FEAR. .....first try order little then see how it goes, then later order for much more. i know u wont regret it. i always buy my things from the site (electronic mostly)
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by legalwealth(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2012
maga1: go ahead and buy from them ....they are reliable. u will receive ur weave-on wella with no problem. NO FEAR. .....first try order little then see how it goes, then later order for much more. i know u wont regret it. i always buy my things from the site (electronic mostly)

Nice piece of advise but he/she needs to always check the feedbacks of previous buyers of the same product about the seller and the products.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by legalwealth(m): 11:22am On Nov 17, 2012
modath: I want to make a small purchase ( less than 1kg)from aliexpress,I know I can pay with my GTb naira mastercard, am only scared of the receiving part,I heard customs do hold on to your stuff and requests you come and bail it @ an exorbitant amount.
I need guidance.
Thanks.

Mbah!Use UBA Africard on the card.
Just visit any UBA bank and request for personalised UBA Africard.
You don't need to have account with them before as all you need is just your ID card be it driver licence,national Id card,International passport and Utility bill be it PHCN bill or account statement.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by maga1: 11:57am On Nov 17, 2012
legalwealth:

Nice piece of advise but she needs to always check the feedbacks of previous buyers of the same product about the seller and the products.
legalwealth:

You don't need to have account with them before as all you need is just your ID card be it driver licence,national Id card,International passport and Utility bill be it PHCN bill or account statement.

yes true...always check for the one with good feedbacks ....she can still use her gtb mastercard coz thats what i use all the time.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by modath(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
legalwealth:

You like this UBA so much!!
.. But I can use my GT??
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by modath(f): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
maga1:

yes true...always check for the one with good feedbacks ....she can still use her gtb mastercard coz thats what i use all the time.
Thanks so much,appreciate the time and efforts.
@Everyone...God bless you.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by juliebest(f): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
.. But I can use my GT?

Yes you can.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by legalwealth(m): 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
modath:
You like this UBA so much!!
.. But I can use my GT??

Yes you can use GT as well but ...
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by osca123(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2012
maga1: go ahead and buy from them ....they are reliable. u will receive ur weave-on wella with no problem. NO FEAR. .....first try order little then see how it goes, then later order for much more. i know u wont regret it. i always buy my things from the site (electronic mostly)

do u use free shipping, how long does it take to arrive naija? Which way is d best and cheapest way to receive stuffs frm aliexpress in naija?
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by miitcash(m): 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Guys. if one use hongkong air post mail. For shipping down to nigeria. How e go tek recieve am. Is it tru nigeria post office?
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Kaysalas(m): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
hi guys, a friend of mine bought a tablet pc on aliexpress and when he got to the post office, he was asked to pay 3k before collecting his item. Failure to pay results to threats of not getting your item except you provide national i.d card, i also am expecting a package from Aliexpress and i do not have a national i.d, abeg how can i get my item without paying these post office officials a dime of my hard earned kobo? Abeg, make una advice me o...
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by chemashie(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kaysalas: hi guys, a friend of mine bought a tablet pc on aliexpress and when he got to the post office, he was asked to pay 3k before collecting his item. Failure to pay results to threats of not getting your item except you provide national i.d card, i also am expecting a package from Aliexpress and i do not have a national i.d, abeg how can i get my item without paying these post office officials a dime of my hard earned kobo? Abeg, make una advice me o...
Even not having any acceptable identity is enough for them to seize your products, the 3k is just away doing your friend a favour. I do collect mine with my international passport.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Tpc: 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
Kaysalas: hi guys, a friend of mine bought a tablet pc on aliexpress and when he got to the post office, he was asked to pay 3k before collecting his item. Failure to pay results to threats of not getting your item except you provide national i.d card, i also am expecting a package from Aliexpress and i do not have a national i.d, abeg how can i get my item without paying these post office officials a dime of my hard earned kobo? Abeg, make una advice me o...

I do not know why we 9ja like awuf to much.
By law, as long as it is not duty free, you must pay all your duties, tax and excise on it.
They (shipper) will calculate all the tariffs and bank charges and pass it on till it gets to you since it is not bulk you get to pay more.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by udemzyudex(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
lol..if you buy goods with free shipping,ur goods will be sent to the post office,but if u pay for shipping fee,they will bring it direct to ur door step..
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by yangzi82316: 3:59am On Dec 14, 2012
modath:
Thanks so much,appreciate the time and efforts.
@Everyone...God bless you.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Kaysalas(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
chemashie:
Even not having any acceptable identity is enough for them to seize your products, the 3k is just away doing your friend a favour. I do collect mine with my international passport.
do you still pay them even with your int. passport?
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by chiste1: 5:42am On Jan 13, 2013
i use GTB naira mastercard for all my shopping on Aliexpress through the Escrow and use DHL for shipping straight to my door,and no regrets for almost 2-years running on the business.

Still battling on how to shop from Amazon and delivered straight to my door here in Lagos,...anyone got a clue?
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Dabss(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
i need help. i get this error
"Sorry, your payment was not successful! No money has been deducted.
Reason: Your card issuer declined the transaction."
when checking out with my gtb crea8 mastercard.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by onatisi(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
i need help. i get this error
"Sorry, your payment was not successful! No money has been deducted.
Reason: Your card issuer declined the transaction."
when checking out with my gtb crea8 mastercard.
then talk to ur bank
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hey guys thanks for the job you people are doing,please I want to order for a gold wrist watch at aliexpress,but when I click on the orders and viewd the shipping and packaging details below it I saw where they wrote the supplier does not ship to the country you have selected,please how do I know suppliers that accepts to ship to nigeria?pls I need all your response
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by chiste1: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
ufotuko: Hey guys thanks for the job you people are doing,please I want to order for a gold wrist watch at aliexpress,but when I click on the orders and viewd the shipping and packaging details below it I saw where they wrote the supplier does not ship to the country you have selected,please how do I know suppliers that accepts to ship to nigeria?pls I need all your response

check the links at the top and left side of the Aliexpress page, you will see an option for selecting companies that ship to Nigeria.Or better still I can send you an alternative option through your email.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by habib20130311(m): 1:58am On Jun 08, 2013
I have a shop at aliexpress.com over one year . aliexpress.com is like taobao.com which is popular in china over ten years.
Aliexpress .com is belong to alibaba company.
It is a online shop positioning on the client from world wide.
As we know China is a world factory.
There made the reasonable price markets
I think if you get rid of the middleman you will save more money buying from there.
I am Habib musa

1 Like

Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 08, 2013
legalwealth:

You got it wrong man, the best Credit Card for online transaction is Access Bank Visa Credit Card. UBA Visa Credit Card is good, but their charges are too much. I have UBA Visa CC, but i dump it for Access Bank Visa CC due to their high charges.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by sidonlook: 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lins01:

You got it wrong man, the best Credit Card for online transaction is Access Bank Visa Credit Card. UBA Visa Credit Card is good, but their charges are too much. I have UBA Visa CC, but i dump it for Access Bank Visa CC due to their high charges.
Thanks for the info but do you use your Access bank visa cc on Ali express or on general online purchases?
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by Isiri: 3:08am On Aug 27, 2013
habib20130311: I have a shop at aliexpress.com over one year . aliexpress.com is like taobao.com which is popular in china over ten years.
Aliexpress .com is belong to alibaba company.
It is a online shop positioning on the client from world wide.
As we know China is a world factory.
There made the reasonable price markets
I think if you get rid of the middleman you will save more money buying from there.
I am Habib musa

Hi Habib.kindly email me ur contact. Wanna ask u some personal questions. eydjoras@yahoo.com
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by sapienman(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
chi-ste:

check the links at the top and left side of the Aliexpress page, you will see an option for selecting companies that ship to Nigeria.Or better still I can send you an alternative option through your email.

Hey, my enquiries are similar to his.
Re: Aliexpress Purchase/courier(gurus Kindly Check In And Advise) by oluteem: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
chiste1:

Pls I will like to know the alternative too

(1) (Reply)

IDEAS / Kolobox - The New Micro Investment Platform / Can Owners/managers Of Micro, Small And Medium Scale Enterprises Meet Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.