Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? (12255 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / How Many Did This, Back In Secondary School Days? (pics) / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mine was TV, PUSSYcat n DICKtionary please did I get them cheesy cheesy
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by evatee(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
dramenda: PHARMACEUTICAL = I SPELL IN PRONOUNCE IT AS,FAMASICUTICA.LOL
what a boring joke!!! try again next tym..
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
I had series of challenges in spelling , but one that stood out tops amongst the lot was
"psalm"
God ! I embarrassed myself one day in church because of this spelling.
Always though it was "sam"
Me wey no come no bible well sef .
*smh*
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
sunkoye: Highland and island. Hell of mixtures! I still chop cane sef grin
na true o, this "island" thing gave me wahala o.

But finally english useless sha, getting to know everything in English would take eternity.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
even
"Where" and "were" is still a hell of a challenge for some folks @times.

BONE , ENGLISH IS USELESS
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by searay2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
I was a very brillianted boy then, I always spelting my words correctedly incruding THRYPATONOSOMIASIS"
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by chux76(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Gboliwe: Pneumonia was it.
OP, you still cant spell catarrh. Lol.
You beat me to it..the OP still can't spell catarrh..Lol..maybe na typo "eror"
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by mamagee3(f): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
I didn't really have troubles spelling anything!!!

It was as if I was gifted in spelling things right, lol.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
Willzkid: Anyone remembers:
E-Eze
X-Times
E-Eze
R-Rice
C-Customer
I-Is
S-Selling
E-Eba
B-Bishop
O-O
O-O
K-Kaduna
..By the way, I just spelt EXERCISE BOOK

yea, or
E-Eze
X- times
E- exe
R-rice
C-customer
I-is
S- selling
E-eba
B-book
O-of
O-oluwa
K-kingdom.......
hehe
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
Another is
cotton instead of curtain
nika instead of knicker
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
At the banking hall some days back i saw someone filling his deposit slip and he wrote

tatty tasan instead of thirty thousand

and tatim instead of thirteen.....o men e no funny o!!! I had to help the person out, n she was so grateful
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by jayjay4u: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mine was entreprenuer
Pls someone shud check weda I got it dis time
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2012
Onomatopoeia and Photosynthesis
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by damibravo(m): 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
Is it Senoir or Senior?
Junoir or junior?
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by simdam500(m): 1:01am On Nov 18, 2012
Abracadabra
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by princecemo(m): 1:18am On Nov 18, 2012
Mine was Island and knife.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Jbgurl: 3:33am On Nov 18, 2012
i spelt isaiah as isiaha *even til date* and psalm as salm,joseph as josef, others include words with psy,phy,..
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Jbgurl: 3:36am On Nov 18, 2012
tiniyata: At the banking hall some days back i saw someone filling his deposit slip and he wrote

and tatim instead of thirteen.....o men e no funny o!!! I had to help the person out, n she was so grateful
Jb gurl: i spelt isaiah as isiaha *even til date* and psalm as salm,joseph as josef, others include words with psy,phy,..
lol,afi tatty tasan na.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by hardeypeju: 5:13am On Nov 18, 2012
Mine was 'know' and 'now' Those words were so confusing then.lolz
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by doubleking(m): 5:21am On Nov 18, 2012
Mine was maintenance,occasion n privilege
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 18, 2012
mama-gee:
I didn't really have troubles spelling anything!!!

It was as if I was gifted in spelling things right, lol.

Oya, spell the name of the place where animals are slaughtered.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by ceeceeco: 8:03am On Nov 18, 2012
Platyhelminthes, Chlamydomonas, Haemorrhoid, Pseudopodium, Coccyx. These are words i found pretty hard to spell during my childhood.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by ceeceeco: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2012
Coccyx, Haemorrhoid, Platyhelminthes, Pseudopodium, Staphylococcus, Coelentrata, Pteridophyta, Elaies, Oesophagus, Catarrh. I find it very difficult spelling these words during my childhood.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

"Abattoir"

THanks to the dictionary
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2012
Rukemi291:

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2012
another challenge was
"Lieutenant"
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Sike(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2012
Nairaland.
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Emmy9ite(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2012
I couldn't spell these words till i got to 5 years
Pronunciation
privilege
separate
a lot
lieutenant
sergeant
physics
catarrh
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by sisqology(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2012
Thorough
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by omonla5: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2012
tiniyata: At the banking hall some days back i saw someone filling his deposit slip and he wrote

Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2012
Rooneyboy:

"Abattoir"

THanks to the dictionary

cheesy grin U cheated. U are pardoned sha. Now spell 'the thick sputum that comes from the throat'
Re: Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2012
hornipipe: lol nice one but did she teach you because of those words? Or it had another meaning?

mehn u are such a rotten kidcheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU Accuses FG Of Deceit As Minister Explains Payment Delay / Results 4d Interview For Both Hnd & Nd Have Been Released. Just Follow This Link Www.auchipoly.n / My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.