Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Twin Duplex Without Pillars - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Twin Duplex Without Pillars (3030 Views)

Do I Really Need Pillars For Bungalow On A Dry Land? / Designed Pillars, Interlocking Tiles, Fancy Finishing / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twin Duplex Without Pillars by olukson: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2012
Hi,

I am building a twin duplex. Recently, I got some pictures and I was surprised to notice that there are not pillars on the pictures.
I called the contractor and he told me that he put 24 pillars on the ground floor and 8 pillars on the first floor as the the first floor will not carry load.

This is really strange .... What do you think?

The twin duplex is 20 m *20 m = 400 sqrt meters

Second thing, he is asking me 320,000 Nairas for the carpenter workmanship for roofing work.

Please help
Re: Twin Duplex Without Pillars by Malawian(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
320 is to high for just worknanship except if the job is elaborate. about pillars, if the structure is just 2 storeys i.e ground floor and first floor, then you can even build with absolutely no pillars. dosent have to be a framed structure.
Re: Twin Duplex Without Pillars by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Twin Duplex Without Pillars by olukson: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Thank you for your input.

Below is the structural drawing. But I have to confess I do not know how to read it.

Can you kindly explain it to me.

Re: Twin Duplex Without Pillars by olukson: 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
embarassed
I would like to thank you. You are doing a wonderful job.

Below is the full picture of the structural drawing.

Again many thanks

Re: Twin Duplex Without Pillars by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Architectural Presentations And Working Drawing Consultants / Block Of 4flat for sale @unity estate : 22million ....with pics / 6 Bedroom Duplex Inside Nicon Estate Lekki 180m Asking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.