Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (786399 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:11am On Aug 08, 2015
veleta:
Please my mum wants to apply schengen visa through France but she is a retired civil servant.what document will she present in lieu of employment and leave letter.Also, when does the date start to count, is it from the issue date of the visa or the date you enter a schengen state.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Cc: tzetzefly, justi4jesu

Her retirement letter is sufficient.
Is France her first point of entry into the Schengen region?
She will be issued visa according to the number of days she intends to spend in the territory or given a three months visa. The number of days she will reside depends on the immigration officer at the point of entry. Get the visa first.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by promise2(f): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2015
Mandem have you written to French Embassy on the need to decide on your student visa as soon as possible? since your resumption date is August though most French people are on summer vacation now but some administrators must be on ground to attend to applicants.There was a delay on my visa application for tourist visa early this year i have to write an official letter to the consulate stating why my application should be attended.you should do this outlining the need to attend to your application, you ave to include your passport no and visa application number for reference in your letter,take it to the Embassy by yourself,dont be on the queue at the embassy just tell one of the security guys you are here to submit a letter,dont handle this letter to any of the security guy make sure you give the letter to a lady who normally attend to people that come to submit letters she normally ask people on the queue if you come to submit any letter or supporting documents. i will also provide the embassy no here and email address you can you to contact them later if you have not done so.Good luck.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veleta: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks my dear for your response.
She intends to visit France and Spain but wants France to be her first port of call.she will spend one week each in both countries.
Please, she has roughly 2M in her account, will that suffice or can I sponsor her as am working in government hospital and have pay slips.
What would u advice?
thank you for the good work you are doing
tzetzefly:

Her retirement letter is sufficient.
Is France her first point of entry into the Schengen region?
She will be issued visa according to the number of days she intends to spend in the territory or given a three months visa. The number of days she will reside depends on the immigration officer at the point of entry. Get the visa first.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
veleta:

Thanks my dear for your response.
She intends to visit France and Spain but wants France to be her first port of call.she will spend one week each in both countries.
Please, she has roughly 2M in her account, will that suffice or can I sponsor her as am working in government hospital and have pay slips.
What would u advice?
thank you for the good work you are doing

Her cash at bank is good enough.
You can also support her by adding your financial documents to her applications since she is your mother.
And being a retiree, your assistant helps her to show that there is a tie to Nigeria.
Hope she has previous travel experience?
Attach evidence to her application to show relationship between you two.
All the best!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veleta: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nope, she hasn't travelled out of the country.pls what kind of evidence do I need to attach to show she is my mum.
Sorry for the questions pls
tzetzefly:

Her cash at bank is good enough.
You can also support her by adding your financial documents to her applications since she is your mother.
And being a retiree, your assistant helps her to show that there is a tie to Nigeria.
Hope she has previous travel experience?
Attach evidence to her application to show relationship between you two.
All the best!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
promise2:
Mandem have you written to French Embassy on the need to decide on your student visa as soon as possible? since your resumption date is August though most French people are on summer vacation now but some administrators must be on ground to attend to applicants.There was a delay on my visa application for tourist visa early this year i have to write an official letter to the consulate stating why my application should be attended.you should do this outlining the need to attend to your application, you ave to include your passport no and visa application number for reference in your letter,take it to the Embassy by yourself,dont be on the queue at the embassy just tell one of the security guys you are here to submit a letter,dont handle this letter to any of the security guy make sure you give the letter to a lady who normally attend to people that come to submit letters she normally ask people on the queue if you come to submit any letter or supporting documents. i will also provide the embassy no here and email address you can you to contact them later if you have not done so.Good luck.

Thank You very much, please you can send the details to xxxxx
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
veleta:

Nope, she hasn't travelled out of the country.pls what kind of evidence do I need to attach to show she is my mum.
Sorry for the questions pls
If i may ask, what is she travelling for?
All you need to show as evidence of your connection, is either of or all of these:
1.Your birth certificate with her name indicated as your mother.
2. Pictures of the family in the past showing every one or just you and her.
3. If you pay her little stipends weekly or monthly, asterik this on her bank statement and write a little note stapled to this document as a proof.
4. Any other thing you feel can connect two of you is acceptable to this application.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veleta: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Oh, just tourism.thanks a bunch
tzetzefly:

If i may ask, what is she travelling for?
All you need to show as evidence of your connection, is either of or all of these:
1.Your birth certificate with her name indicated as your mother.
2. Pictures of the family in the past showing every one or just you and her.
3. If you pay her little stipends weekly or monthly, asterik this on her bank statement and write a little note stapled to this document as a proof.
4. Any other thing you feel can connect two of you is acceptable to this application.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by promise2(f): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mandem:

Thank You very much, please you can send the details to kachiicoded{at}gmail.com

For continuity of this thread i will post here though sent u mail that you should come over here and get this information, i can only get the email address of the embassy lost the phone number;consulfrance.lagos@diplomatie.gouv.fr or
consulfrance.LAGOS-FSLT@Diplomatie.Gouv.Fr

you can either write an email to them or an officially letter to be submitted by you but for a quicker result write an official letter it worked for me.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OGreene: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmmm, quite interesting. Hope it's legal, I no get power.

I plan to visit UK next month and wud also want to enter Paris for 3-days stay. I was told I need to get a tourist visa. Oh boy...dunno if am ready for d stress of visa application again. The thread on France visit visa hasn't been encouragin.

Pls can someone help me the main thread for schengen visa application.

amdekola:

Uhmm, just a lil advice, before booking your travel be sure to have gotten the french visa. I would not suppose you'd have a problem since your finances are in shape. While a UK visa doesn't allow free entry to France, you can come in without a visa by Bus from London to some city in Northern France e.g Lille smiley
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by castiello(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello readers, I have applied for a french visa in 2012 then I was 21yo and was refused 2times I also applied for Czech republic once and also was refused, now am 26 a company director I want to visit the schengen to meet a friend serving in the us army posted to germany below are my travel history and document

Passport with expired mexico visa 6month, turkish entry stamp, srilanka visa ghana, benin and togo stamps

Marriage certificate
Child certificate
Company memo showing me as one of the directors
Company acct with balance 8million
Personal acct showing 400k
Hotel and flight reservation
Invitation from institution showing I want to take a 5day course
Insurance
Personal letter of introduction
Company cac and tax clearance
What are my chances of getting a schengen

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by luckbealady: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
You have many of the documents required for proof. This being said there is no guarantee about visas, but the better prepared you are the better your chance will be to have a visa. For your financial accounts, make sure there is regular activity a least for the past 3-6 months. The embassy want to see that you will not become a financial burden on France or decide not to return to Nigeria. The more things they see that you have that must bring you back to Nigeria, stable financial situation relative to your monthly financial obligations, the price of the hotel reserved in Paris relative to your income. For example if you earn 3M per month in income but you book a cheap hotel (<150EU/day) they may flag your application as not consistent with your reported income.

The invitation from the institution could go a long way as long way. Anyway I wish you the best on your application.

castiello:
Hello readers, I have applied for a french visa in 2012 then I was 21yo and was refused 2times I also applied for Czech republic once and also was refused, now am 26 a company director I want to visit the schengen to meet a friend serving in the us army posted to germany below are my travel history and document

Passport with expired mexico visa 6month, turkish entry stamp, srilanka visa ghana, benin and togo stamps

Marriage certificate
Child certificate
Company memo showing me as one of the directors
Company acct with balance 8million
Personal acct showing 400k
Hotel and flight reservation
Invitation from institution showing I want to take a 5day course
Insurance
Personal letter of introduction
Company cac and tax clearance
What are my chances of getting a schengen

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Growingboi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
Just a quick question boss

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my wife. I have abt 1m in my account. I am working. I have travelled before. Bt my wife has abt 100k in her acct frm her pet business. sh hasnt travelled before. What is her chance of getting Spain or France visa based on my profile?

I just want her to travel out of the country to see outside world

luckbealady:
You have many of the documents required for proof. This being said there is no guarantee about visas, but the better prepared you are the better your chance will be to have a visa. For your financial accounts, make sure there is regular activity a least for the past 3-6 months. The embassy want to see that you will not become a financial burden on France or decide not to return to Nigeria. The more things they see that you have that must bring you back to Nigeria, stable financial situation relative to your monthly financial obligations, the price of the hotel reserved in Paris relative to your income. For example if you earn 3M per month in income but you book a cheap hotel (<150EU/day) they may flag your application as not consistent with your reported income.

The invitation from the institution could go a long way as long way. Anyway I wish you the best on your application.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by luckbealady: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hmmm, I do not know the requirement for Spain visas, but how long is she going to be in France for?

Growingboi:
Just a quick question boss

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my wife. I have abt 1m in my account. I am working. I have travelled before. Bt my wife has abt 100k in her acct frm her pet business. sh hasnt travelled before. What is her chance of getting Spain or France visa based on my profile?

I just want her to travel out of the country to see outside world

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Growingboi(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Three weeks maximum. other bosses in the house can help say something about this

luckbealady:
Hmmm, I do not know the requirement for Spain visas, but how long is she going to be in France for?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by luckbealady: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
The France embassy will look for proof she can afford to stay in Paris for 3 weeks (reputable hotel for 3 weeks) in addition to her transportation, food, shopping etc.
The minimum balance one should have in their account over 3-6months should be ~ 3M Naira so that the embassy knows you are not going to be a liability to the French state. Bear in mind, do not suddenly increase the bank account with a lump sum of money prior to your appointment, the government is looking for consistent earnings month over month that builds your account balance up. In addition they will be looking for spending and expenses month over month and if your wife can really afford to travel based on your income, her income, your account balances, your expenses etc. I hope this answers your question. Good luck

Growingboi:
Three weeks maximum. other bosses in the house can help say something about this

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by wildguy(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello mandem have you gotten a response from the embassy? Got admission to ujf and applied for visa in July.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
wildguy:
Hello mandem have you gotten a response from the embassy? Got admission to ujf and applied for visa in July.

Nothing yet..send me a mail please
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Need an urgent response pls... I am applying for a schengen visa thru France embassy, my company is going to sponsor everything during my stay over there.. my question is do I have to take any document along with me when am going for the interview at the end of this month? thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by abeylevels(m): 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello guys,

I am applying for french visa though the VFS online form.
I already have a previous schengen visa(belgium) about 2 years ago.
There is a section of the form that asks 3 questions and I need your help to understand what this means
1)Previous Biometric details: valid From.......... To........
2)Date of collection of last biometric
3)Number of last biometric

Has anybody filled the french form before and answered this part?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by alhajiwazza(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2015
I am just 24 years old,my brother friend is asking for 600k to get me shengai visa to france,I read some comment here stating I shouldn't give anyone money or so called agent,Can I get all the necessary document myself,My dad's wants to sponsor me,pls I really need your help on this...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sobastical: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
alhajiwazza:
I am just 24 years old,my brother friend is asking for 600k to get me shengai visa to france,I read some comment here stating I shouldn't give anyone money or so called agent,Can I get all the necessary document myself,My dad's wants to sponsor me,pls I really need your help on this...

Yes, just read through and make your research and you will be your own agent
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by sobastical: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
abeylevels:
Hello guys,

I am applying for french visa though the VFS online form.
I already have a previous schengen visa(belgium) about 2 years ago.
There is a section of the form that asks 3 questions and I need your help to understand what this means
1)Previous Biometric details: valid From.......... To........
2)Date of collection of last biometric
3)Number of last biometric

Has anybody filled the french form before and answered this part?

Then there was biometric right? If yes then fill the space with the date you applied for the previous visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by greeners222(m): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please France visa gurus. I'm about to apply for a France tourist visa and I'm having some issue starting the introduction letters. Please who and where do I address d letter too. Please I need some help

Like The Consulate
France visa consulate
21 ajani street lekki.
Nigeria

Please note I only made that as an example. I want someone to give me the real address of where it should be addressed to and who it would be address to. Exactly as it should be. Thanks to all th gurus
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by greeners222(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Please house is there anyone to help. I need to know where to address France embassy address to. We all know the UK goes
The Consular,
12 Walter Carrington,
Victoria Island lagos.
Bla bla bla. I don't know how where to address this France own to please someone in d house should help me
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iguita: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Their embassy is in Abayomi Oyinkan Crescent, Falomo Ikoyi. But they might not attend to you. They do not attend to individuals.
greeners222:
Please house is there anyone to help. I need to know where to address France embassy address to. We all know the UK goes
The Consular,
12 Walter Carrington,
Victoria Island lagos.
Bla bla bla. I don't know how where to address this France own to please someone in d house should help me
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by prince1930: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
OGreene:
Hmmmm, quite interesting. Hope it's legal, I no get power.

I plan to visit UK next month and wud also want to enter Paris for 3-days stay. I was told I need to get a tourist visa. Oh boy...dunno if am ready for d stress of visa application again. The thread on France visit visa hasn't been encouragin.

Pls can someone help me the main thread for schengen visa application.

ok,
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by prince1930: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2015
I need som1 currently live in france 2 answer dis question,how can i cross by mega bus from france to london witout uk visa? All gud ideas ar welcome tanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Growingboi(m): 3:11am On Nov 04, 2015
Hello, i want to apply for Spanish tourist visa. Kindly give me d doc. required and how d cover letter should be addressed.

In addition, which is better btw online and office submission?

Thanks in advance.

nattyspice:
@ Uhzi, Spain is better and faster, go to vfs office and submit your documents and expect a reply in 10 days
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Becky923: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
hi am Becky and also a masters student. I want to apply for France tourist visa to spend the Yuletide. I have an 400k in my account and also a letter from my dean of studies. is my school a good tie to Nigeria cos am rounding off by April 2016.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kenneth10110(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello pls my question is can i get a job in Paris that will cover my cost of living monthly and his Paris polytechnics costly

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.