Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (785102 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 20, 2013
Aso rock, your case is vey unique. You have a good profile and I wonder where you got it wrong.

Maybe they expected you to earn more if you are going for tourism and you since you have a family, only you can not be going for tourism. It's crazy but Nigerian system has made it so.

I think you stand a better chance, look for a training conference or seminar in the USof A, pay for the seminar, and book the necessary things.
If you can get your company letter to show they are sending you for the training, and their statement of account, better for you.

The visa process now, they are making it very difficult. Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mcdemus2000: 1:47am On Oct 21, 2013
Hi tzetzefly, am so greatful for your response to my enquiry. I understood all you have said, but my main problem now is how to locate an international conference that relates to what I do here in Nigeria. I am into interior wood works (furniture) right now but I don't mind if you have any knowledge of conferences in this particular area that you can link me with.
On the other hand, I am married with kids. I also like to know if a renewed international passport will be acceptable for application.
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 6:41am On Oct 21, 2013
mcdemus2000: Hi tzetzefly, am so greatful for your response to my enquiry. I understood all you have said, but my main problem now is how to locate an international conference that relates to what I do here in Nigeria. I am into interior wood works (furniture) right now but I don't mind if you have any knowledge of conferences in this particular area that you can link me with.
On the other hand, I am married with kids. I also like to know if a renewed international passport will be acceptable for application.
Thanks.

I dont know the reliability of these conferences / websites, endeavour to check it out properly before making payments :

www.penrose-press.com/interior-design/events.idd
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mcdemus2000: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2013
Hi tzetzefly, am so greatful for your response to my enquiry. I understood all you have said, but my main problem now is how to locate an international conference that relates to what I do here in Nigeria. I am into interior wood works (furniture) right now but I don't mind if you have any knowledge of conferences in this particular area that you can link me with.
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2013
mcdemus2000: International conference that relates to what I do here in Nigeria. I am into interior wood works (furniture) right now but I don't mind if you have any knowledge of conferences in this particular area that you can link me with.

I replied your message check my previous post above ^^^^.

mcdemus2000: I also like to know if a renewed international passport will be acceptable for application.
Thanks.

And regarding renewal of passport, it is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mcdemus2000: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Thanks tzetzefly for you reply and link you forwarded. Am still trying to see what I can make out of it but I will surely give you a feedback when am done.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by honourableseyi: 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
I have not read so much or anything about study in france.is it that the place is difficult to survive for nigerian students or the admission and visa processes are difficult?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2013
honourableseyi: I have not read so much or anything about study in france.is it that the place is difficult to survive for nigerian students or the admission and visa processes are difficult?

www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/europe/france/guide

www.univ-rennes2.fr/en/student-administration-office/admission-procedure-international-students-other-exchange-students

www.univ-paris5.fr/eng/INTERNATIONAL/Foreign-student-admission-at-Paris-Descartes

When you're admitted, then follow the website below to secure student visa:

www.ambafrance-ng.org/APPLY-FOR-THE-STUDENT-VISA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mcdemus2000: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Hi friends, pls I want to know if french embassy in Lagos does require a tax clearance certificate as part of documents to be submitted during application.
I mean if it is COMPULSORY??
Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Waleabimbola(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2013
mcdemus2000: Hi friends, pls I want to know if french embassy in Lagos does require a tax clearance certificate as part of documents to be submitted during application.
I mean if it is COMPULSORY??
Thanks.

No,it is not compulsory
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mcdemus2000: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks Waleabimbola for your response. Please I will be needing your help or any other's in getting a seminar/conference invitation letter from France be used during my application.
Cheers.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2013
Hi guys,

I was invited for a 2 weeks workshop in france to start Nov 15 to 30th november. The invitation came from the HOD of the computer science department of the University where I work, a french professor who also happen to be a faculty member of the Blaise Pascal University France, The invitation came from Blaise Pascal. I applied for a visa on the 4th of Oct 2013 and supplied the following documents

Pay Slip
Letter of introduction from the HR director of my institute (The African University of Science and Technology Abuja) stating that the school would be responsible for my up keep during the stay
Invitation Letter (Written in french and English)
Letter from Blaise Pascal that my Accommodation and Feeding has been booked
Insurance
Flight reservation
Pretty much every other documents which was listed (can't remember of the top of my head)

I applied at the French VFS center in lagos and was given an instruction date of 27th of november.

Kindly note that the timeframe for my workshop is btw 15-30 of november.. I was thus advised at the VFS center to write to the embassy or ask my company to write them asking them to please expedite my application to a time frame consistent with my travel time.

I asked the professor who invited me to write them the france consulate ( admin-etrangers.lagos-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr) and also asked our HR director to do same.
The prof wrote the consulate in french "seeking their kindness" in ensuring that the visa application is processed with a time frame consistent with the workshop.. My HR director also did the same.

The consulate replied the prof stating that the application would be processed as soon as possible. This was on 7th of Oct 2013.. Till then I am yet o here from the consulate..

Here are my questions:

Does writing the french consulate asking for an application to be expedited ahead of the instruction date so as to allow it fit a time frame purpose of the travel always work? Like do the consulate respect this letters?

Is it ok as I asked the people who invited me to write the consulate and also my HR director?

What would the house advise me to do in case I don't hear from them next week.. I would appreciate if people can advise me on this matter.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dannie007(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
bigrovar: Hi guys,

I was invited for a 2 weeks workshop in france to start Nov 15 to 30th november. The invitation came from the HOD of the computer science department of the University where I work, a french professor who also happen to be a faculty member of the Blaise Pascal University France, The invitation came from Blaise Pascal. I applied for a visa on the 4th of Oct 2013 and supplied the following documents

Pay Slip (150k/month)
Letter of introduction from the HR director of my institute (The African University of Science and Technology Abuja) stating that the school would be responsible for my up keep during the stay
Insurance
Flight reservation
Pretty much every other documents which was listed (can't remember of the top of my head)

I applied at the French VFS center in lagos and was given an instruction date of 27th of november.

Kindly note that the timeframe for my workshop is btw 15-30 of november.. I was thus advised at the VFS center to write to the embassy or ask my company to write them asking them to please expedite my application to a time frame consistent with my travel time.

I asked the professor who invited me to write them the france consulate ( admin-etrangers.lagos-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr) and also asked our HR director to do same.
The prof wrote the consulate in french "seeking their kindness" in ensuring that the visa application is processed with a time frame consistent with the workshop.. My HR director also did the same.

The consulate replied the prof stating that the application would be processed as soon as possible. This was on 7th of Oct 2013.. Till then I am yet o here from the consulate..

Here are my questions:

Does writing the french consulate asking for an application to be expedited ahead of the instruction date so as to allow it fit a time frame purpose of the travel always work? Like do the consulate respect this letters?

Is it ok as I asked the people who invited me to write the consulate and also my HR director?

What would the house advise me to do in case I don't hear from them next week.. I would appreciate if people can advise me on this matter.

Go to the VFZ very early or pass the night there, u will get the chance to submit cos not everybody on the list for that day submission will be available so they will replace with people on ground and u being there early will give u the oppurtunity.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2013
bigrovar: Hi guys,

Pay Slip (150k/month)
Insurance
Flight reservation

Here are my questions:

There is no harm asking for your application process to be fast tracked, this is very usual in certain circumstance.

I will advise you to call France embassy's phone numbers directly through your contact in France this can help to hasten your case file. Do not wait till very close to your workshop date.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks alot, I have asked him to call the embassy and he has agreed. He said he would call on the Forth of October, Which is next week Monday. His take was to wait and see how this week pans out before making a move. What do you thing. Do u think 4th Nov (which is roughly 10 days till my intended departure) before I call or do I do this much earlier?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by dannie007(m): 11:08am On Oct 30, 2013
bigrovar: Thanks alot, I have asked him to call the embassy and he has agreed. He said he would call on the Forth of October, Which is next week Monday. His take was to wait and see how this week pans out before making a move. What do you thing. Do u think 4th Nov (which is roughly 10 days till my intended departure) before I call or do I do this much earlier?

I have told you what my friend did and it worked for him, all this calling and plenty talk will only exust all the time u have.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
bigrovar: Thanks alot, I have asked him to call the embassy and he has agreed. He said he would call on the Forth of October, Which is next week Monday. His take was to wait and see how this week pans out before making a move. What do you thing. Do u think 4th Nov (which is roughly 10 days till my intended departure) before I call or do I do this much earlier?

Monday date sounds just fine. And he can also go through their interior ministry in france if the workshop is so vital and urgent.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
I just got notification that my application has been processed and my passport can be picked up at the VFS office.. I am in abuja and would have to wait till UPS delivers my package to my office in Abuja. I am very anxious
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
bigrovar: I just got notification that my application has been processed and my passport can be picked up at the VFS office.. I am in abuja and would have to wait till UPS delivers my package to my office in Abuja. I am very anxious

Congrats in advance.....grin
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2013
Sorry for taking time in providing an update. Unfortunately my visa was denied because "the purpose was not given/ or information regarding it were not reliable" I got in touch with my contact and we are working on an appeal. I have been given an appointment at the consulate in abuja. I just want to know anyone who has applied for visa using the Abuja consulate. How much is to be paid as visa application fees is it the same as lagos?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2013
bigrovar: Sorry for taking time in providing an update. Unfortunately my visa was denied because "the purpose was not given/ or information regarding it were not reliable" I got in touch with my contact and we are working on an appeal. I have been given an appointment at the consulate in abuja. I just want to know anyone who has applied for visa using the Abuja consulate. How much is to be paid as visa application fees is it the same as lagos?

The fee will be the same as the France Consulate General in Lagos....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

The fee will be the same as the France Consulate General in Lagos....
Thanks. According to this page http://www.france-ng.com/Lagos/business_visafees.html the visa fee is 12930 with about 5000 paid as service charge fees. Since am not going through VFS would I be also required to pay the service charge fees ? 5000
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
bigrovar:
Thanks. According to this page http://www.france-ng.com/Lagos/business_visafees.html the visa fee is 12930 with about 5000 paid as service charge fees. Since am not going through VFS would I be also required to pay the service charge fees ? 5000

Are you sure you are to appear at the Embassy and not VFS ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by bigrovar(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
tzetzefly:

Are you sure you are to appear at the Embassy and not VFS ?
Yes.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
bigrovar: Yes.

Then you dont need the service charge, only the embassy visa fee.....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by MrsBee: 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello Tzetzefly, please we need you advise. my husband and i are planning to have our next vacation in France next year. we were previously refused UK visas cos of large sums of inflow in my husband's account so we went to Dubai instead. We both work in the financial sector in good paid jobs, he has two landed properties while I also own one. We have no kids yet. Please what do you think we can do to make our chances in getting the visa higher and also the process. Also which of the schengen embassy's give visas easily. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
MrsBee: Hello Tzetzefly, please we need you advise. my husband and i are planning to have our next vacation in France next year. we were previously refused UK visas cos of large sums of inflow in my husband's account so we went to Dubai instead. We both work in the financial sector in good paid jobs, he has two landed properties while I also own one. We have no kids yet. Please what do you think we can do to make our chances in getting the visa higher and also the process. Also which of the schengen embassy's give visas easily. Thanks in anticipation.

The France embassy in Nigeria can be a bit difficult when it comes to issuance of visas to some applicants, but it doesnt mean they are not efficient.

The need to make your itinerary as concise and unambiguos as possible, is very necessary as any doubt noticed, can break your application.

Travel experience is encouraged for those applying for vacations and it is highly important to have an itemised day by day activty, costs, as well as stipulated time for all your events during your intended vacation.

This can go a long way to help you get organised and assist the ECO in getting an objective assessment on your case.

The presumed average spending cost per day per person in the Schengen area is between €35 - €57.

This calculation can help you plan a budget for your trip with accomodation and flights already sorted out...
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nattyspice: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
France hardly issue visa,try the spanish visa and take a train or bus from spain to france. I got a 15 day spanish tourist visa with just 780 grand in my acount which was money lodgement .Please avoid those french guyz and try spain instead

5 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kenny2face: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
hello tzetzefly, justwise, vicjustice and all others, i am really impressed with the professional advise you guys have been dishing out here and i have been a silent follower of your various fora. I had to come out now cos have been dealt the "visa app rejection by france", and it was really a blow.
Reason- justification for the purpose and conditions of intended stay was not provided.

I work with the ministry of defence, salary of about 350k/mth, salary acc of about 300k and savings acc of about 1.5m.
Submitted my parchment of commision (letter of employment), promotion letter, salary slips, bank statements, hotel booking, medical insurance, flight itinerary, even letter form my CO stating my leave period and leave grant!

I think the france embassy just reject visa applications on a whim sometimes with no just cause! Maybe they reached their visa approval quota for the year already?!
Now they have spoilt my holiday plans to go see the eiffel tower!

I plan to put in another application by Feb 2014, pls tzetzefly, justwise and all other gurus in the house, what do you advise i add to better my chances?

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
kenny2face: hello tzetzefly, justwise, vicjustice and all others, i am really impressed with the professional advise you guys have been dishing out here and i have been a silent follower of your various fora. I had to come out now cos have been dealt the "visa app rejection by france", and it was really a blow.
Reason- justification for the purpose and conditions of intended stay was not provided.

I work with the ministry of defence, salary of about 350k/mth, salary acc of about 300k and savings acc of about 1.5m.
Submitted my parchment of commision (letter of employment), promotion letter, salary slips, bank statements, hotel booking, medical insurance, flight itinerary, even letter form my CO stating my leave period and leave grant!

I think the france embassy just reject visa applications on a whim sometimes with no just cause! Maybe they reached their visa approval quota for the year already?!
Now they have spoilt my holiday plans to go see the eiffel tower!

I plan to put in another application by Feb 2014, pls tzetzefly, justwise and all other gurus in the house, what do you advise i add to better my chances?

Try and make a correction to the refusal reason given by the ECO i.e ''justification for the purpose and conditions of intended stay was not provided'' i.e. make a constructive list of what you intend to do in France with corresponding cost to you i.e. transportation to and from your accommodation, intended places to visit, restaurant, pub and events. This calculation should show your daily budget and cost to you or as your travel plan in France will likely be......

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NellyGhenghen(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
I'm a student In france.. truth is, the french "frontière" is shut right now, it ll be really difficult to get visas especially for Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (380) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Marcgrace and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.