Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (786256 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by youngprince111(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eldeethedon:

Thnks 4 ur response, really appreciate
Plz my first question, Is it most I pay 4 the hotel booking?

You don't have to details your trip plans within the schengen member states on your application. Just state the number of days you intend to spend during your trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house. I am a civil servant and wife works with waec. I earn 240k monthly n wife earns about 180-200k monthly. we have a boy of 5yrs old. we intend to apply for France visitors' visa by end of june to go by september. i have about 1.6M in my salary account, while wife has about 600k. are we good to go? pls we need guidance and it will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by MANGOandCORN: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2018
hey house, for a bachelor's degree course, please which would you advice we use. the form on institut Francais for long stay student visa application or the online form on the visa application website ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=youngprince111 post=68307401][/quote]

Not a must but I'd advice you to pay on hold. Preferably, you can use a MasterCard that is not funded and has not expired to hold the accomodation/hotel booking payment. This will show at their end that you've hosted you card for payment debit which means commitment even if the embassy might want to confirm for the hotel.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=youngprince111 post=68307401][/quote]
Q: Thnks 4 ur response, really appreciate
Plz my first question, Is it most I pay 4 the hotel booking

Ans: Not a must but I'd advice you to pay on hold. Preferably, you can use a MasterCard that is not funded and has not expired to hold the accomodation/hotel booking payment. This will show at their end that you've hosted you card for payment debit which means commitment even if the embassy might want to confirm for the hotel.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Hello Gurus in the house. I am a civil servant and wife works with waec. I earn 240k monthly n wife earns about 180-200k monthly. we have a boy of 5yrs old. we intend to apply for France visitors' visa by end of june to go by september. i have about 1.6M in my salary account, while wife has about 600k. are we good to go? pls we need guidance and it will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Firstly, you can only apply within 90 days of your schedule travel date. This is very important or else VFS will reject your application and advise you to apply within 90 days of your travel days.

Secondly, you need to have a fatty account balance of like N4m to N5m for you and your wife and a boy of 5 years old.

Let me give you a rough estimate on how the visa section will judge your application:

A flight ticket for 3 of you cost close to N900k to N1m. A good ccommodation for 3 of you might likely cost 200 to 250k (This is the cheapest for a week you can get). What remain of you both in your account? Where is the fund that will keep you ties with your country to fall back on when you're back? These are factors to consider. I'd advice you to build more savings on your account to a tune of N4m to N5m and give it a try.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
MANGOandCORN:
hey house, for a bachelor's degree course, please which would you advice we use. the form on institut Francais for long stay student visa application or the online form on the visa application website ?
The online form on the visa application website.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Remadek: 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
demmysoft:
@ uc198080, Remadek, does that means the visa type for conference/seminar is business short stay visa. Thank you.

Yes, I think so.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks guru, appreciate ur counsel/contribution. What if we include a treasury bill certificate worth 1M, which will mature by August ending and 2 landed properties, one is our home and d other is with C of O but in my wife's name. Can we still go ahead? Cos to raise 4M is an issue. And if get d 4M, will it not be seen as money lodgement? As per the 90 days, is it that it is early to apply now? Thanks in anticipation of ur responses.

Firstly, you can only apply within 90 days of your schedule travel date. This is very important or else VFS will reject your application and advise you to apply within 90 days of your travel days.

Secondly, you need to have a fatty account balance of like N4m to N5m for you and your wife and a boy of 5 years old.

Let me give you a rough estimate on how the visa section will judge your application:

A flight ticket for 3 of you cost close to N900k to N1m. A good ccommodation for 3 of you might likely cost 200 to 250k (This is the cheapest for a week you can get). What remain of you both in your account? Where is the fund that will keep you ties with your country to fall back on when you're back? These are factors to consider. I'd advice you to build more savings on your account to a tune of N4m to N5m and give it a try. [/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Thanks guru, appreciate ur counsel/contribution. What if we include a treasury bill certificate worth 1M, which will mature by August ending and 2 landed properties, one is our home and d other is with C of O but in my wife's name. Can we still go ahead? Cos to raise 4M is an issue. And if get d 4M, will it not be seen as money lodgement? As per the 90 days, is it that it is early to apply now? Thanks in anticipation of ur responses.
Treasury Bill Certifctate of Landed Properties can be reference to asset which give you ties to your country. It's is not a monetary value deposited in your bank account that you can spend on the trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by folavictor: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Was able to finally book accommodation on the site. The hostel I would be give would be formally made known June ending.
georgesegun87:
Did u finally get accommodation in university of burgundy

quote author=folavictor post=67310998]
Can I message you need to ask some things about CROUS having issues with them regarding housing in university of burgundy

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iyaaliyah: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2018
Hello guys. how are we starting off the holiday?
please this question. what is the difference between these questions: __planned duration of stay in number of days.
and number of days planned in France for the coming year..

pls help l. tnx

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ogatboy(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Hello guys. how are we starting off the holiday?
please this question. what is the difference between these questions: __planned duration of stay in number of days.
and number of days planned in France for the coming year..

pls help l. tnx

planned duration of stay is how long you are staying in the Schengen area with france inclusive and planned days in France is the number of days you will use in France.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for ur swift response as usual. If I am able to raise two million as suggested to make 4M, will it not be termed money lodgement?
what percentage of my deposits or money in my account am I expected to spend since from ur analysis spending about 1.5M out of 2M won't be enough?
Can I apply by July? Since it must 90days to d time?

uote author=Eldeethedon post=68342688]
Treasury Bill Certifctate of Landed Properties can be reference to asset which give you ties to your country. It's is not a monetary value deposited in your bank account that you can spend on the trip.[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Thanks for ur swift response as usual. If I am able to raise two million as suggested to make 4M, will it not be termed money lodgement?
what percentage of my deposits or money in my account am I expected to spend since from ur analysis spending about 1.5M out of 2M won't be enough?
Can I apply by July? Since it must 90days to d time?
It depends on the inflow and outflow transaction history on your account if you're going to lodge such kind of amount.

I'd advice you get a cheap accommodation. Preferably family shared accommodation so that the accommodation Bill won't be on the high side.

You can apply by July if your travelling date is within August to early October.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hormeiza(m): 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Does it mean no interview for visa application?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 4:48am On Jun 13, 2018
hormeiza:
Does it mean no interview for visa application?
No interview for Schengen Visa application through France Embassy. Just submission and wait for the embassy decision.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoijebujesha(f): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
Eldeethedon:

No interview for Schengen Visa application through France Embassy. Just submission and wait for the embassy decision.
Please how many days/week(s) does it take the embassy to make a decision? I am travelling to Netherlands with my family on a family visit. Its not our first travel and not our first schengen visa. Previous schengen applications were to Spain. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
omoijebujesha:

Please how many days/week(s) does it take the embassy to make a decision? I am travelling to Netherlands with my family on a family visit. Its not our first travel and not our first schengen visa. Previous schengen applications were to Spain. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you
Normally, it takes 15 to 20 working days for the embassy/consulate to process and make decision on visa application. And at times, it's overlaps to more than 15 to 20 working days.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omoijebujesha(f): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
Eldeethedon:

Normally, it takes 15 to 20 working days for the embassy/consulate to process and make decision on visa application. And at times, it's overlaps to more than 15 to 20 working days.
Thank you for the response. Is this timeline regardless of one's schengen history? I asked because prior this application i have 3 past schengen visas( 2 spain and 1 italy). Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by xcellentp: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello bosses in the house,

Please I need a site to book for flight reservation and medical insurance( just to book with my master card not payment immediately). I have done with hotel reservation already. Also, my traveling plan is jul13-jul23 2018. I have not submit the application yet, i want to through with flight and hotel reservation.

Hope the time i schedule for my plan is not too early. What's my chance with #2M, CAC registration, and its necessary to submit landed property but with NO c of o but with my name and my wife name. Your advice will be very appreciated as I have check online regarding flight but not yet got on. Thanks so much!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
omoijebujesha:

Thank you for the response. Is this timeline regardless of one's schengen history? I asked because prior this application i have 3 past schengen visas( 2 spain and 1 italy). Thank you
Yes. Regardless of your travel history.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
xcellentp:
Hello bosses in the house,

Please I need a site to book for flight reservation and medical insurance( just to book with my master card not payment immediately). I have done with hotel reservation already. Also, my traveling plan is jul13-jul23 2018. I have not submit the application yet, i want to through with flight and hotel reservation.

Hope the time i schedule for my plan is not too early. What's my chance with #2M, CAC registration, and its necessary to submit landed property but with NO c of o but with my name and my wife name. Your advice will be very appreciated as I have check online regarding flight but not yet got on. Thanks so much!
I'd advice you to book flight reservation from any travel agency close to you. They have this software that can book on hold with limitless duration unlike you booking direct with any of the airlines which on hold booking expire within 24 or 48 hours.

Nobody can determine your chance with N2m as closing balance on your bank statement except the visa/consular officer handling your application. All I do agitate for applicants is to have reasonable money/balance with cash flow on their accounts and also provide documents that keep them ties with their country.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by uc198080: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2018
i rcvd our passports(family)from vfs dispatch guy n behold 3months multiple visas were granted to us.

This is our first time.,Although i v been to ...
China
Singapore
Thailand
Dubai
Malaysia
South Africa
Cambodia
Hongkong,previously.

Wife has been to Uk n has 5yrs visa(Expired in march 2018)

My son is just 2yrs.

So happy.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2018
uc198080:
i rcvd our passports(family)from vfs dispatch guy n behold 3months multiple visas were granted to us.

China
Singapore
Thailand
Dubai
Malaysia
South Africa
Cambodia
Hongkong,previously.

My son is just 2yrs.

So happy.
Congratulations. Wish you a fun and safe trip with your family.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iyaaliyah: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Thank you.

ogatboy:

planned duration of stay is how long you are staying in the Schengen area with france inclusive and planned days in France is the number of days you will use in France.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iyaaliyah: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
Pls who knows if this federal Govt Friday n Monday holiday will be apply to French embassy. Need to drop off application asap. Thnx.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iyaaliyah: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
Pls how did you go about your submission? Do they book dates now? The last time 3years I applied, it used to be very rough. I was there 3days befo I could submit.

uc198080:

China
Singapore
Thailand
Dubai
Malaysia
South Africa
Cambodia
Hongkong,previously.

My son is just 2yrs.

So happy.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Pls who knows if this federal Govt Friday n Monday holiday will be apply to French embassy. Need to drop off application asap. Thnx.
The public holidays apply to French Embassy/VFS application centres.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Eldeethedon: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Pls how did you go about your submission? Do they book dates now? The last time 3years I applied, it used to be very rough. I was there 3days befo I could submit.
No booking of date/appointment before submitting your visa application. Just head to VFS visa application centre to submit from Mon to Fri, 8am to 2pm.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mavinc4u(f): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Eldeethedon:

No booking of date/appointment before submitting your visa application. Just head to VFS visa application centre to submit from Mon to Fri, 8am to 2pm.

Please what is the link to France visa application and how much is their visa application?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iyaaliyah: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
thank you. pls do you know if this flight booking is compulsory now. I am renewing visa and I don't think I added it the last time so it is kinda confusing me.
if compulsory, pls how do I get it or I should draw out an itinerary only.
thanks

Eldeethedon:

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.