Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (772780 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (375) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by swtchicgurl: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
worry359:
Looks like it's NOT possible to extend visa in France, and the penalties for overstaying are a big fine and possible ban.
After the terror attacs France WILL be very strict on visitors.

Can I extend my stay directly in France or in the Schengen Area at the end of my visa?

No, immigration rules are extremely strict on that point: you must return to your country of residence at the end of your stay or validity of your visa. You might face deportation if you do not comply with this obligation.

Thank u, I have replied on the other thread I created.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
folajoseph:

Point taken, thanks a lot bro
tzetzefly:

A 30year old single guy who runs his company with only 1.5 million as savings going for tourism, doesn't look good. Turn your attention some place else.
tzetzefly:

A 30year old single guy who runs his company with only 1.5 million as savings going for tourism, doesn't look good. Turn your attention some place else.

tzetzefly please note that my business account has more funds in it but i intend to apply with my personal bank statement, Please let me know if its enough to be considered for the visa or should i use my business account?

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:02am On Jan 24, 2015
folajoseph:

tzetzefly please note that my business account has more funds in it (N6- 10 Million quarterly) but i intend to apply with my personal bank statement which has a closing balance of like N1.5 Million, Please let me know if its enough to be considered for the visa or should i use my business account?

Thank you

This is a better clarification than what you wrote in your previous post. However, you still need to convince the ECO on how your business will be run while you're away. Separate your personal account from your business account and put both documents together in your application.

France is one of those countries that base their judgement on previous travel history. If you have one, then go on ahead and apply. Else, try someplace else for tourism.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by busodude: 2:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Hi tzetzefly,
Ok please bare with my explanation

Myself and three other friends plan to go to France or spain in June. Three of us are celebrating our bday and one graduation so we want to take a holiday.

Three of us live on the UK and are all British or eu citizens so we know we won't have a problem.
The last friend is the one am worried about because he is in Nigeria and would need a visa. I just want u tell us our chances on getting into both countries.

Firstly, he is 23 years old and we all are similar in age with the holiest being 24.

He finished university last year and only got the job he is currently at in January this year.
He is an architect and they work on contract and don't have a fixed monthly salary, he gets paid 100k plus any commission on any contract. in February he was rarely busy but for the next three months he is going to be very very busy with a lot of work and and would be expecting about 300-400k Would his income be good enough?

His dad is going to contribute 200,000 towards his trip for flight ticket, while we in d uk are going to book the apartment we plan on staying for the length of our stay. We think we definitely need a letter and statement from his dad but do we as friends include a letter of invitation and bank statement?

We plan to do the usual, see Paris, and potentially watch Psg play if the season is not over.
We don't know anyone in France.

How can we build a reasonable case For his visa. And do we truthfully have a chance.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:14am On Mar 08, 2015
busodude:
Hi tzetzefly,
Ok please bare with my explanation

Myself and three other friends plan to go to France or spain in June. Three of us are celebrating our bday and one graduation so we want to take a holiday.

Three of us live on the UK and are all British or eu citizens so we know we won't have a problem.
The last friend is the one am worried about because he is in Nigeria and would need a visa. I just want u tell us our chances on getting into both countries.

Firstly, he is 23 years old and we all are similar in age with the holiest being 24.

He finished university last year and only got the job he is currently at in January this year.
He is an architect and they work on contract and don't have a fixed monthly salary, he gets paid 100k plus any commission on any contract. in February he was rarely busy but for the next three months he is going to be very very busy with a lot of work and and would be expecting about 300-400k Would his income be good enough?

His dad is going to contribute 200,000 towards his trip for flight ticket, while we in d uk are going to book the apartment we plan on staying for the length of our stay. We think we definitely need a letter and statement from his dad but do we as friends include a letter of invitation and bank statement?

We plan to do the usual, see Paris, and potentially watch Psg play if the season is not over.
We don't know anyone in France.

How can we build a reasonable case For his visa. And do we truthfully have a chance.

To put it mildly not to sound too pessimistic, his case with French Embassy will be a tough nut to crack. People who have a better long term job schedules have been denied France visa.

However not to sound pessimistic again, his case might be different. I do not know if he has any form of travel experience, this will sincerely be a case for consideration by the ECO.

He can also try from this angle:

Pay for the four of you for the same PSG games.
Pay for any concert(s) in Paris.
Show evidence of all of you together at some point.
He needs to arrange his documents efficiently for the ECO
He must be able to show his source of income till date.
He can draft a little "summary" of his plan for the trip
Send copies of PP data page 2 him for his application.
Nothing wrong with his dad helping with sponsor.
His dad will need to write a letter authorising his trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by busodude: 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
tzetzefly:

To put it mildly not to sound too pessimistic, his case with French Embassy will be a tough nut to crack. People who have a better long term job schedules have been denied France visa.
However not to sound pessimistic again, his case might be different. I do not know if he has any form of travel experience, this will sincerely be a case for consideration by the ECO.
He can also try from this angle:
Pay for the four of you for the same PSG games.
Pay for any concert(s) in Paris.
Show evidence of all of you together at some point.
He needs to arrange his documents efficiently for the ECO
He must be able to show his source of income till date.
He can draft a little "summary" of his plan for the trip
Send copies of PP data page 2 him for his application.
Nothing wrong with his dad helping with sponsor.
His dad will need to write a letter authorising his trip.

Thank you for your advice.
So we just need to sit down and come up with a solid activities we plan to do in France.
So he can look for a seminar of some sort related to architecture right?
If he has any assets would it work?

Originally we wanted to go spain, but looking it, since he only has income for three months cause he was in university up until late last year..we were worried we might get declined. Also every money that came into his account was for exam fees etc.
So my question is that,
Can we use a letter from his university and his dad's income to go with the Spanish embassy?
And how do u think we can about it?

Which would do you think we should go for France or spain?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
busodude:

Thank you for your advice.
So we just need to sit down and come up with a solid activities we plan to do in France.
So he can look for a seminar of some sort related to architecture right?
If he has any assets would it work?

Originally we wanted to go spain, but looking it, since he only has income for three months cause he was in university up until late last year..we were worried we might get declined. Also every money that came into his account was for exam fees etc.
So my question is that,
Can we use a letter from his university and his dad's income to go with the Spanish embassy?
And how do u think we can about it?

Which would do you think we should go for France or spain?

Either France or Spain, they are both Schengen.
A reason for travel which i mentioned previously.
A reason to return back home.
Work and family ties.
Financial means verifiable and sufficient to fall back on after the trip.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Tekecoms1(m): 6:49am On Mar 11, 2015
Please is Nigerian HND useful in France as i intend to migrate to France as i would love a change of environment to France.
And what are the processes i can take that will make the migration faster?
currently i just finished NYSC and wish to either continue my studies or work in France with my HND result.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cherie24(f): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2015
Dears, One question please. we are travelling to Paris in a couple of days to stay for 10days. if we rent a car, can my hubby drive with his naija international driving license. Just a question please and i will appreciate your honest and clear responses.

Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by justi4jesu(f): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
cherie24:
Dears, One question please. we are travelling to Paris in a couple of days to stay for 10days. if we rent a car, can my hubby drive with his naija international driving license. Just a question please and i will appreciate your honest and clear responses.

Thank you

Yes he can use it to rent a car and drive in paris but he needs to show both Local and International driving License. Not just International.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iguita: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I am going to Netherlands next month and I will apply through the French VSF centre.

I plan to visit Germany after I'm done with the program I'm going for at The Hague, meanwhile, my return flight is from Amsterdam so I need to return to Amsterdam after Germany spend a day then catch my flight back home. My question now is do I need multiple entry Schengen visa to go to Germany and return to Amsterdam or will my Schengen single entry visa grant me reentry into Amsterdam after visiting Germany.

Thank you in anticipation of your urgent response as I'm filling the visa form tonight and submitting tomorrow morning

cc: justi4jesu and tzetzefly,
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2015
iguita:
Hi guys,

I am going to Netherlands next month and I will apply through the French VSF centre.

I plan to visit Germany after I'm done with the program I'm going for at The Hague, meanwhile, my return flight is from Amsterdam so I need to return to Amsterdam after Germany spend a day then catch my flight back home. My question now is do I need multiple entry Schengen visa to go to Germany and return to Amsterdam or will my Schengen single entry visa grant me reentry into Amsterdam after visiting Germany.

Thank you in anticipation of your urgent response as I'm filling the visa form tonight and submitting tomorrow morning

cc: justi4jesu and tzetzefly,

The ECO will issue you any of the visa types below according to his/her discretion and according to the purpose of travel.

The Uniform Schengen Visa (USV) applies to all of the three categories, “A”, “B” and “C” and for your information, we will concerntrate on "C".

“C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder’s purpos of the travel can be obtained in a form of:

Single-entry visa allows its holder to enter a Schengen country only once for the certain period of time. Once
you leave the certain Schengen country you entered the visa validity expires even if the time period allowed to stay in the country is not over yet.

Double-entry visa applies for the same policy as above mentioned however you are allowed to enter the
Schengen country twice meaning that
for the certain period of time permitted by your visa you can enter the Schengen country, leave and enter again without any problems. Once you are out of the country for the second time the visa expires.

Multiple-entry visa allows its holder to go in and out of the Schengen country as pleased. However this visa allows its holder to stay in a Schengen Zone for maximum 90 days within half the year, starting from the day one crosses the border between a Schengen member country and the non-Schengen member country.

Limited Territorial Validity Visa (LTV) :

This type of visa obtained allows you to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior.

The holder of this type of visa cannot enter or transit
through any other Schengen country that is not the first and final destination target.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iguita: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2015
Thank you for your response. That means I need a double entry visa to visit Germany and return to Amsterdam for my return flight. Thanks
tzetzefly:

The ECO will issue you any of the visa types below according to his/her discretion and according to the purpose of travel.

The Uniform Schengen Visa (USV) applies to all of the three categories, “A”, “B” and “C” and for your information, we will concerntrate on "C".

“C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder’s purpos of the travel can be obtained in a form of:

Single-entry visa allows its holder to enter a Schengen country only once for the certain period of time. Once
you leave the certain Schengen country you entered the visa validity expires even if the time period allowed to stay in the country is not over yet.

Double-entry visa applies for the same policy as above mentioned however you are allowed to enter the
Schengen country twice meaning that
for the certain period of time permitted by your visa you can enter the Schengen country, leave and enter again without any problems. Once you are out of the country for the second time the visa expires.

Multiple-entry visa allows its holder to go in and out of the Schengen country as pleased. However this visa allows its holder to stay in a Schengen Zone for maximum 90 days within half the year, starting from the day one crosses the border between a Schengen member country and the non-Schengen member country.

Limited Territorial Validity Visa (LTV) :

This type of visa obtained allows you to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior.

The holder of this type of visa cannot enter or transit
through any other Schengen country that is not the first and final destination target.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by phymeon(m): 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
Greetings to everyone, please i need your advise; i and my cousin are about to apply for French visa, for him he has travel history and works in a multinational French company and for me i lost a job, i'm not working for now. Our uncle in France is about to send a single invitation for us as we intend to travel together, my cousin is also ready to bear all the cost because of my financial status. NOTE: I intend to mention him in my application as my sponsor. My question now is, how best do you think we can package this application to prevent me from being denied. Thanks in anticipation. CC: tzetzefly justi4jesu
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NaGodwin: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by focus1952: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hello, pls i nid someone 2 help me out on how i can study in France ,i have a Bsc certificate but i want to start my masters over there in Business admin or any relating course 2 management ................plz i need a sure link and sure uni
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2015
NaGodwin:
I applied for a French Visa at Vfs lagos since 16th of February, i have been tracking it, the status remains "APPLICATION HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE, LAGOS ON 17/02/2015" till today, its not out, please , could there be any problem? i am worried about the delay, my supposed travel date is April 1st.

Pay a visit to the VFS with your receipt and confirm the current development.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2015
focus1952:
Hello, pls i nid someone 2 help me out on how i can study in France ,i have a Bsc certificate but i want to start my masters over there in Business admin or any relating course 2 management ................plz i need a sure link and sure uni

www.topuniversities.com/where-to-study/europe/france/guide

www.univ-rennes2.fr/en/student-administration-office/admission-procedure-international-students-other-exchange-students

www.univ-paris5.fr/eng/INTERNATIONAL/Foreign-student-admission-at-Paris-Descartes
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
How do we beat them with boosted bank statement? That is original fake.. Smiles
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by phymeon(m): 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=phymeon
Boss tzetzefly, kindly try answer my question i beg.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
phymeon:
Greetings to everyone, please i need your advise; i and my cousin are about to apply for French visa, for him he has travel history and works in a multinational French company and for me i lost a job, i'm not working for now. Our uncle in France is about to send a single invitation for us as we intend to travel together, my cousin is also ready to bear all the cost because of my financial status. NOTE: I intend to mention him in my application as my sponsor. My question now is, how best do you think we can package this application to prevent me from being denied. Thanks in anticipation. CC: tzetzefly justi4jesu

For the Embassy/Consulate of France, the fact that you are unemployed, is a no no. Do not waste your visa fees.
Having a travel experience currently counts towards a Schengen visa.
Even with a job tie to Nigeria, it still does not guarantee visa issuance.
If refusal would not affect you psyche, then you should apply as it is. Nothing to lose.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NaGodwin: 5:57am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tzetzefly(m): 7:29am On Mar 20, 2015
NaGodwin:

Sir, the problem is that i don't live in Lagos, please, could there be another option?

There is no other option.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by princeFAD: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2015
@NaGodwin. You can call them using the phone number on their website. Though, it may be difficult getting through to them but keep trying.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NaGodwin: 7:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by princeFAD: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
NaGodwin:

Thanks Boss, i tracked it yesterday evening and its ready for pick-up, i will update the house after collecting today.
i have every reason to believe that its successful because it was released few days to my date of travel (April 1st).

The centre is closed today and on monday.

25 March 2015: The France Visa application Centre will remain closed on account of Presidential Elections.

This is to inform all applicants that in lieu of Presidential Elections in Nigeria the France Visa application Centre will remain closed on 27 March 2015 to 30 March 2015. "The Visa Application Centers will re-open on 31 March 2015”
And
“On account of Easter Holidays in Nigeria the Visa Application Centers will remain closed on 03 April 2015 to 06 April 2015. The visa application centers will re-open on 7 April 2015”
http://www.france-ng.com/Lagos/news.html
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NaGodwin: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by justi4jesu(f): 6:06am On Mar 28, 2015
NaGodwin:

Thanks Boss, i tracked it yesterday evening and its ready for pick-up, i will update the house after collecting today.
i have every reason to believe that its successful because it was released few days to my date of travel (April 1st).

Lol...You can't judge with that. Refusal/Approval can come before your travel date. Wishing you success.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by onajoy: 3:01am On Mar 30, 2015
smileyHello ,thanks for all the informations ,its been quite helpful. I run an NGO and I applied for a visa last week for vacation . I tended both my business account and personal account though I didn't have much in my personal account . But I had over 30million in my biz account which am the sole signator and founder of the NGO .my concern is ,the france embassy will be closed for almost 8 days and dis might affect my visa coming out. I already paid for a hotel accomodation in paris with my mastercard ,which will start to read on the 4th. Can I cancell dis payment ,if d visa doesn't come out before dat date? Thx
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by justi4jesu(f): 6:11am On Mar 30, 2015
onajoy:
smileyHello ,thanks for all the informations ,its been quite helpful. I run an NGO and I applied for a visa last week for vacation . I tended both my business account and personal account though I didn't have much in my personal account . But I had over 30million in my biz account which am the sole signator and founder of the NGO .my concern is ,the france embassy will be closed for almost 8 days and dis might affect my visa coming out. I already paid for a hotel accomodation in paris with my mastercard ,which will start to read on the 4th. Can I cancell dis payment ,if d visa doesn't come out before dat date? Thx

I'm quite sure when you booked the hotel they provided you with options of cancellation charge if you cancel on a particular date and another option for cancellation before your travel date free of charge/no charge.

Check the Hotel's cancellation policy before you can make any changes to your reservation because you may have booked for a Non-refundable room. Room specific cancellation information can be found next to the room type under the "Conditions" column on the hotel's page.

You can usually cancel or change your booking up to 24 hours before your planned arrival time. So you may or may not be charged for cancellation.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by princeFAD: 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
NaGodwin:

Thanks, i will pick it up on tuesday morning. thanks for the info.

Bro any update on your visa application?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Fionasmom(f): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (375) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: Marcgrace and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.