Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals (1635 Views)

Human Body Found In Mcdonald's Meat Factory ( Pic) / Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria? / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by my2cents(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2006
[list]
[li]McDonald's feeds more than 46 million people a day - more than the entire population of Spain[/li]
[li]French fries are the most eaten vegetable in America[/li]
[li]You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac[/li]
[li]Most nutritionists recommend not eating fast food more than once a month[/li]
[/list]

Source: http://www.supersizeme.com/

Hopefully, this doesn't apply to Mr. Biggs and the like,
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2006
Why wouldn't the tips about effects of fast food apply to Mr. Biggs? afterall, fast food is fast food whether you buy it in Nigeria or the US.

however, fast food outlets in Nigeria are not yet as popular as mcdonalds, so the other tips won't apply.
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by hotangel2(f): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2006
Actually, i don't think fast food in nigeria are as dangerous as those here.

Fast foods here r mehn, i don't know, They r like pumps, that BLOW U UP!. Maybe it's the oil, or the chicken, or whatever.
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by my2cents(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2006
As long as we don't start using preservatives, additives and the like, we should be safe for now, I guess. It's just that during my last visit, either to impress me or because it is the new trend, my pple went to eat out as if the military had come back and passed a decree on the issue smiley

When I told them that not only do I eat at home, but that I eat eba, soup, rice, beans and that I have a waterleaf garden in my backyard, they looked at me as if I was a chaff guy LOL
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by Chief2B(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2006
McD's has got to be one of the worst "fast food" places here in the states. In the last 2 years, 3 of my children have gotten food poisioning from eating the "tainted" food.
I totally refuse to eat their food, but the wife every now and then sneaks out and get the kids some.

I'm sorry, but any place that uses a clown to entice kids to eat their food is wrong.
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by niterider(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2006
I dnt believe any of those nutritional facts.If it were true,i wld have had heart disease by now.I like 2 meals of macdonalds like every other day and i'm really fit.
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by my2cents(m): 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2006
niterider,

Either you look healthy on the outside but not on the inside (only a complete physical will confirm that) OR you are blessed with exceptional metabolism. If the latter, you don't want to abuse it because you are not getting any younger. When I first arrived in the states (back then, there were no african shops), my diet consistently consisted of hot dogs and pizza and hamburgers. 2 years later, I went for a physical. The nurse, based on what I told her was expecting my blood to be full of cholesterol, but to her surprise, my levels were below minimum. She consequently told me to go ahead and eat whatever it is that I ate.

However, as I have grown older, I decided to cut it out, again because I am not getting any younger. Just like in smoking, some pple live to be 100 and die naturally, some die after a few years, while others die after a few sticks. I don't want to be the proverbial "thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God" cheesy and so I choose to play it safe. I probably now eat fast food maybe once every other week. That's on average and not a decision I deliberately made. I eat a lot of homemade meals now.

that's my 2 cents
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by niterider(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2006
Thanks man
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by eveseh(f): 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2006
i love mcdonalds meals,it's nice
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by anton(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2006
You know, i too think that the fast food is alot safer in nigeria than here in "mechanized factory food land". When you start talking about fried burgers, fried potates, and 1/4 gallon of liquified suger, you basically talkin death in a bag,

, but it tastes SOOOOO good, or does it? Does it taste good or just small good? Folks should check out Fast Food Nation by Eric Schossler. There is a research facilty in New Jersay that specializes in making the smells used in fast food. Some critical stuff man. If you don't understand, just think about liquid smoke used for marinades and artificial flaverings,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060938455/104-1918789-5001530?v=glance&n=283155
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by diddy4(m): 3:47am On Jul 05, 2006
macdonals they vex me ooo, wetin be dis sef? na only me wey no dey grow? i ate big mac for 2 months cuzz i wanted to add some weight but i didnt even add one single pound. can u imagine. not even one. 2 months of macdonals and no pound. kai, dis is hurrible. which kin thing be dis sef? angry angry angry
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by damygurl(f): 3:52am On Jul 05, 2006
Dats cuz they got low fat and fat free meals now. almost every food items nowadayz is low fat or fat free!!
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by debosky(m): 3:58am On Jul 05, 2006
man diddy i had the same issues, in fact i've been eating at mac's like 4 or 5 days a week for 4 months now, still no difference!

i guess its the high metabolism thing thats working

it tastes good, but after a while its soo boring, u just eat cos u hungry
Re: Interesting Information About Mcdonald's Meals by diddy4(m): 4:04am On Jul 05, 2006
i aint even talking about now. i was talking about b4. when mac was big mac. i eat tire. kai, my mouth pain me ehhh, i for don sue them for not making me fat.

yea, i think the high metabolism thing is the cause. my body sef. nawa for am.

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale Blowout - Sweet Corn And Heinz KETCHUP 6lb Can N1200 / Cigarette As Food When The Weather Is Cold / Wagyu Steak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.