Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166035 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by doneyor(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
I only have my degree in Physical Oceanography for now. Do you have an idea what next step I will need to get my dream job? I heard mobil has a unit for Oceanographer, are you aware?

Greatest Malabite! Your brother you have here. What other marine certifications/trainings have you had?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
daxlasaint:

Almost zero chance of actually working as a geologist.... I studied applied geology in the university and have never worked as one, infact less than 10% of my set got jobs relating to our field of study, sometimes I just feel geology is more of an academic course than a professional one in naija... and that's very disheartening to say the least
How About a Geographer? I'm a fresh graduate of Geography
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
How About a Geographer? I'm a fresh graduate of Geography
If you want to work in a field related to geography in Nigeria then you should be ready to do nwa teacher... am sorry but that's just the bitter truth
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
daxlasaint:
If you want to work in a field related to geography in Nigeria then you should be ready to do nwa teacher... am sorry but that's just the bitter truth
LoL... Why do people so much stereotype geographers? One of our ministerial nominee is a geographer and he was never a teacher. Thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
LoL... Why do people so much stereotype geographers? One of our ministerial nominee is a geographer and he was never a teacher. Thanks anyway
then he was probably in the civil service or didn't really work as a geographer... 9ja reality bro, not serotype. Uw BTW smiley
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:05am On Oct 20, 2015
daxlasaint:
then he was probably in the civil service or didn't really work as a geographer... 9ja reality bro, not serotype. Uw BTW smiley
So you mean to say, geographers are confined to the walls of a classroom either as teachers or Lecturers?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
So you mean to say, geographers are confined to the walls of a classroom either as teachers or Lecturers?
in most cases, yes
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2015
daxlasaint:
in most cases, yes
oh well I didn't just study Geography but Geography and Town Planning.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by daxlasaint(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
oh well I didn't just study Geography but Geography and Town Planning.
that's berra, more prospects than just geography. U should do a course in GIS to bulk up ur CV
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
daxlasaint:
that's berra, more prospects than just geography. U should do a course in GIS to bulk up ur CV
Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lindalastprice: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello, here's a unique opportunity for interested persons with expertise preferably in the agro sub sector or job seekers with diverse backgrounds to signup for the ForNigeriansByNigerians Initiative which aims to Create 100,000 Jobs in Nigeria.

Visit www.ForNigeriansByNigerians.com to find out more!

Please feel free to share.

Find or Create a Job Today!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by versashee: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good evening my predecessors, i am a 400L student of Futo and i should me going for my 6months IT by May. i would like to get a place in warri i dont know if i can get help on how to go about it .thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
While surfing I came across this,guys...she officers and managers give it a shot.
Fresh advert;http://www.bourbonoffshore.com/en/talents/career-opportunities/non-seafaring-recruitments
#ain'tgothse/nebosh!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by SynergyWorld: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Do we have Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Petroleum and Gas Engineers and Industrial Chemists in the House? This may be of help to You.

The Hysys is a Chemical Engineering Software used in the oil and gas industry, particularly the upstream and down stream sectors, to determine the outcome of process operations. It is used to know the end results of change in parameters in process equipment such as Separators, Reactors, Columns, Tanks, Heat Exchangers and so on.

Hysys is used in Design Engineering companies to simulate process operations under novel design or modification. Hysys has the capacity to rigorously simulate cryogenic processes used in LNG, Separation processes used in all Upstream Multinational Companies, Reaction Operations used in the Refinery and Petrochemical industries; Hysys can also calculate pressure drops over long pipeline distances, very necessary in the Nigerian Gas Company, and can be used to set design parameters for Distillation Columns, pumps, compressors and other unit operation equipment.

A good knowledge in Hysys gives you a sparkling edge in job finding and makes you years ahead of your peers. It enriches your CV, and gives you an opportunity to confidently apply and get jobs in any multinational oil and gas company.

Hysys also further buttresses the knowledge you have gained so far in school and enables you maximise your potentials.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2015
versashee:
Good evening my predecessors, i am a 400L student of Futo and i should me going for my 6months IT by May. i would like to get a place in warri i dont know if i can get help on how to go about it .thanks

Greatest Futoite

that's a good start dear.
if I may ask y warri and what's your course of study?
Make internet your friend, browse about firms , organizations or companies related to your field, check them up on LINKEDIN and get possible connections who can give you tips on how the company accepts students.

Don't neglect your friends in school and lecturers. you never can tell where help might come from

During my University days in Futo, I got 5 placements through My Linkedin connection, my roommate, my course adviser and through a conference I attended.
Had to make a decision on which to choose .
So start early like now before the start getting heartfelt excuses. Also look out for those in 500L so that the can help submit IT letters in the company the worked to avoid embarrassment from the Gatemen.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Enroll for the this free course courtesy of IFP School France in collaboration with TOTAL

http://mooc.sustainable-mobility.ifp-school.com/index.php?fb_action_ids=1011825708868998&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1021896681184363%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
9ja which way
Well,am not where I want to be but thanks to God,am not where i use to be .No job yet,but all hope is not lost.
For anyone interested in safety @ ispon General H.S.E and Level 3 cost 70k!
HUET training cost 67500 @ charkin group,67000 @ tolmann,60000 @ Opean!
#signingout!
THE HUSTLE IS REAL!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by gykes(m): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
scantee:
well i don't really knw the certification, may be i'll advice you go for swimming training (course) and marine safety Training. With that i think you stand a chance.

I need your advice as regards the quoted post above. Can I email or pm you?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
gykes:

I need your advice as regards the quoted post above. Can I email or pm you?
pm then
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello House! How una de? Still on still...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
scantee:

Hi. Scantee. Pls I need your input on my CV to make it more attractive before I start submitting. I just finished my HND program in Mech Eng. hoping to hear from you soon.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
scantee:
Oga good evening o...you sha just abandon us...I waited and gave up waiting for you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
lobell:

Oga good evening o...you sha just abandon us...I waited and gave up waiting for you.
sorry but i was tag 5% so i have to mello down...lol
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by lobell: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2015
scantee:
No wahala...so any news? your people no wan give us job again?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Cupidkc(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2015
Good to see you here again Oga Scantee... Been like ages.
As for the 5%, I'm in the same "yacht" with you... We still have to push hard. It's well even in a well. #winks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
Cupidkc:
Good to see you here again Oga Scantee... Been like ages.
As for the 5%, I'm in the same "yacht" with you... We still have to push hard. It's well even in a well. #winks
lol Nwanne m udo diri gi o
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by permanentgrace(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2015
scantee:

The 5% IMHO was exaggerated. Your performance in terms of providing the necessary help people seek from you as far as this thread you opened is concerned is 1.5%. All you do is asking for CVs and no one has testified getting any positive outcome from you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2015
permanentgrace:

The 5% IMHO was exaggerated. Your performance in terms of providing the necessary help people seek from you as far as this thread you opened is concerned is 1.5%. All you do is asking for CVs and no one has testified getting any positive outcome from you.
Bro am sorry if ur hurt, i owe you no job appointment, you just showed more reason to....i am not the type that help people and brag about it, but if i open a thread here naming the number of people i have helped for the past 5yrs on Nairaland you will quickly swallow back ur words. You spend 99% of ur time on Romance section creating only sex related topics, yet you wish for manner to fall from heaven for you. Well ur comment ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:54am On Dec 13, 2015
lobell:

No wahala...so any news? your people no wan give us job again?
not really bro, the change of government affect many things.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ksstroud: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2015
scantee:
not really bro, the change of government affect many things.

Ok
But always put us in mind sir
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by permanentgrace(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
scantee:
Bro am sorry if ur hurt, i owe you no job appointment, you just showed more reason to....i am not the type that help people and brag about it, but if i open a thread here naming the number of people i have helped for the past 5yrs on Nairaland you will quickly swallow back ur words. You spend 99% of ur time on Romance section creating only sex related topics, yet you wish for manner to fall from heaven for you. Well ur comment ur opinion.

I already knew you'd be hurt by the truth, obviously what others failed to put it straight to you cos of one reason or the other. The truth they say is bitter. But who cares? In as much as i tell you just the way you deserve it. Thinking you can deceive people here by claiming you have helped quite a number of folks through this forum, mr man, that should be the biggest lie just before the end of 2015. You've helped probably no one let alone numerous. Stop bragging! Anyways, your type fills internet so you are free to go ahead.

Well, my 1.5% performance as awarded is just cos of ur presence here. Remember in exams, even if you fail to write anything on your booklet, the fact that you are present and your name written on your booklet, that alone automatically guarantees you 1mark. That is the one (1) i have awarded you. The remaining 0.5% was by mistake, but you can still go with it.

#HappySundayMrJobProvider

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.