Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Do You Have An Accent? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Have An Accent? (10292 Views)

The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2012
Spent the first 12yrs of my life in kano b4 moving down south.so hausaish+yorubaish result, very normal
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by basisop(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2012
Okija_juju: Yes o!!

I am half Nigerian, quarter scot and quarter Aussie..

Why did a quack handle the artificial insemination?

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Emmyk(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have Yoruba accent.. Was born and till date in Ilorin (20yrs+)buh suprisingly I dont have Ilorin accent. Happy about that sha... Some of my friends in school say high I have this "H" factor.. It's not that obvious buh I dont know how they spot hit it! And I form American Accent too...
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by honeric01(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
Oh dear Lord, i don't even know how to rate my accent, Very thick Bini-Yoruba-French accent all mixed together. no one talks to me without thinking i work in the senate or NNPC cool embarassed
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have.

A British (Home Counties) accent.
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by honeric01(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
yuzedo: Yes i do...... A Hyundai Accent! grin wink

Akporokpo like you grin
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
labamo07: Typical Ijebu accent........ Eweso eyin omo ijebu alare nibewe. Mom ki wen ooooo
My town person!mi month fo omo ilu mi ni wen.eweso!
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by abiL(f): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have a (northern England) Yorkshire accent.

For example, we say:

'Ey up côck/ duck .... Hello love
I'm right chuffed ... I'm very happy
I ain't done owt wrong ... haven't done anything wrong
Nowt ... Nothing
I'm havin' a sarnie ... I'm having a sandwich
Bloodeh 'ell ... Bloody hell
Giz a kiss ... Give me a kiss
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Areaboy2(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2012

LMAO!! best accent here grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Accent? by ijawkid(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
""I want to zump into the river to cass some fises""......lol.....

My accent is just the normal nigerian accent....never stayed in the niger delta not until 2002........was born in lagos and stayed there almost all my life.....

So I don't really speak like an IZON man,...I barely even know how to speak the IZON language.........
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Areaboy2(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
abiL: I have a (northern England) Yorkshire accent.

For example, we say:

'Ey up côck/ duck .... Hello love
I'm right chuffed ... I'm very happy
I ain't done owt wrong ... haven't done anything wrong
Nowt ... Nothing
I'm havin' a sarnie ... I'm having a sandwich
Bloodeh 'ell ... Bloody hell
Giz a kiss ... Give me a kiss

they're just weegie wana be's grin grin grin
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by ooua: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
Freddieyankee: Every Nigerian has an accent... We really won't know it until you travel outside Nigeria lol..... It funny when you speaking to someone outside your race with different accent and they looking at you like like you speaking Arab and you the reply u get is " huh can you say that again" lol
Yes you are very right. I used to think my accent was so great while in school, until I travelled out. My bros i was out of place with my friends. Every Nigerian has got an accent just like every other person from any other race.
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by abiL(f): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Area_boy:

they're just weegie wana be's grin grin grin

Lol negro please tongue

Do you live in Glasgow?
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
I have a general Nigerian accent which I normally use when I'm with my family and Nigerian/African friends...pretty much in an informal setting.
I use a mid western (US) accent when in formal settings.
I also have a detectable southern US accent cos I spent a significant amount of time there as well, I still do...this one can slip out anytime.
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by nagoma(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: wen u pronouce "th" its like just "t"

It's okay. Even our Dear President says " I tink"
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by nagoma(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
ooua: Yes you are very right. I used to think my accent was so great while in school, until I travelled out. My bros i was out of place with my friends. Every Nigerian has got an accent just like every other person from any other race.

Yes you ah rayit I also sink my aksent was giret antill i trabel. ebery aza peson has aksent.
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by BarryX(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
I can say I generally speak fine as a Nigerian ! Of course the Nigerian accent that is, but tiny deltan(my roots) influence with "CH" factor, yoruba twitches, "Nna mennn" swag cos of my tertiary education.But are never noticeable if I decide !!
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by buoye1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
AK Money: First to comment **in yoruba accent** grin
...what's so exicitin abt commentin 1st on a thread?ur accent slf dey smell!!
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by eldoradoxx: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
LWKMD oh hahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Accent? by buoye1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
D thin is so annoyin.....!Mine is a yoruba anccent.....plz hw can it be corrected?
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by buoye1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
Emmyk: I have Yoruba accent.. Was born and till date in Ilorin (20yrs+)buh suprisingly I dont have Ilorin accent. Happy about that sha... Some of my friends in school say high I have this "H" factor.. It's not that obvious buh I dont know how they spot hit it! And I form American Accent too...
...Bros na d same category we dey i lived in d same Ilorin 4 mre thn bt i dnt av dia accent,bt ma frndz alwyz tell me abt ma 'H' wateva
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
LOL! Happened to me too. First time I travelled to the UK, for the first two weeks I turned to deaf and dumb and had to be using signs to communicate before they could hear what I was saying. Now I can talk freely with my perfected british accent....hehehe
Freddieyankee: Every Nigerian has an accent... We really won't know it until you travel outside Nigeria lol..... It funny when you speaking to someone outside your race with different accent and they looking at you like like you speaking Arab and you the reply u get is " huh can you say that again" lol
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by manny4life(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
What does it matter the kind of accent, bottom line is that you can be heard clearly when you're speaking. I don't necessarily have one but I speak good. Through my school years, I was enrolled in the Toastmasters club, after school, even now, my organization does once in a while organizing speech presentation. Although I haven't been to a Toastmasters group in a while, but I don't have problem with public speaking.
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by eldoradoxx: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mixture of Ibo and Delta accent, ifrom Delta but grew up in East, not fluent in Ibo nor Delta, so I rotate between both though not heavy. Typical Yoruba accent is funny, here is it, "( H)e (h)it the (h)ammer on the (h)ead, delet H, lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Accent? by stupor(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
Black American Accent.
But I hail from south-west in Nigeria.

Everyone always think I reform it,but,it keeps coming naturally since I started talking.
I have no mind of working on it as majOrity loves listening when I talk,especially women and young girls.

Its a natural endowment am always happy and grateful to God about.

E.g my Thief is pthiff and my baby is ma babay,my times is ma tams.

Much love !
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by toprealman: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nairaland is now officially the most boring forum!
Moderators are just not doing their work apart from playing god in here!
Kindly check the so called front page and tell me if more than 90% of the articles there deserve reading not to talk of responding to.
You need to act fast Seun or else.......
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
toprealman: Nairaland is now officially the most boring forum!
Moderators are just not doing their work apart from playing god in here!
Kindly check the so called front page and tell me if more than 90% of the articles there deserve reading not to talk of responding to.
You need to act fast Seun or else.......
seriously? were you forced to comment on the topic?
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by younglawya(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
I don't think I have like an ibo orhausa. Or yoruba accent. Was born in benin, was in warri for a bit but I've lived in lagos mostly. Ihave a little bit of an issue with the "t" nigerian syndrome but that's about it. I think most young lagos guys have d FRESH LAGOS BOY ACCENT. think dbanj wuth a lil bit of finesse
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
buoye1: D thin is so annoyin.....!Mine is a yoruba anccent.....plz hw can it be corrected?

I'd like to believe you're kidding. Why would you wish to correct something, that's not a defect?
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by lepasharon(f): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
i have a london accent cheesy
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by PehaKaso: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
[quote
author=caseless]I have this moderate north-central accent. I know my
people have prolem pronouncing any word with 'CH' , 'Z' , 'SH' 'S' and
'R' in it...e.g, T-shirt wil b pronounced as T-chet, ZARIA as JALIA ,
church as shosh, SHOW as cho' ...no be everybody ooo, but this is
associated with my people kind of. I have the normal nigerian accent ,
so it will be hard for anyone to b able to tell my tribe or state
whenever i speak....hmmm...north central thing, i guess. [/quote] Caseless = Akpai = IGALA.........shikena
Re: Do You Have An Accent? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
victorD3: I have a Scottish accent

Lmao... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 most Beautiful Benin Artifacts(pictures) / Idoma Names And Meaning / Swaziland King Chooses Wife,tests Unclad Girls’ Virginity Openly[Photos,videos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.