Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones (12321 Views)

How Do I Manually Configure Mtn Gprs Settings On A Htc Desire Hd Phone? / How To Configure Glo Browsing On Phone? / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by texazzpete(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2008
Got this working late last year, received a request from someone working in Glo customer care to provide my solution so here it is for y'all to try

By default, the iPhone has room only for entering APN, Username and Password for GPRS/Edge settings. It's relatively easy to configure it for GPRS on carriers that don't require port or proxy to work (Celtel, Mtn). However. Glo's GPRS settings needs you to input a proxy (10.100.98.22) and a port (3130) hence no GPRS love for Glo iphone users.

Here's a solution

Download and install iPhoneBrowser

http://iphonebrowser.googlecode.com/files/SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.52.exe

Download and Unzip this package
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e75g3j

it contains two files, proxy.pac and preferences.plist

Simply open iPhoneBrowser, use it to upload proxy.pac to /private/var/root
and preferences.plist to /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Finally, on your iPhone go to Settings> General > Network > Edge and enter the glo APN, username and Password

As far as i know, it's
APN: glogwap
user: wap
password: wap

That's it! Lemme know if there are any issues.
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by MrInfo1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2008
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by DualCore1: 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
lol
someone forgot his medication (as usual)
***stares at info
***shakes head, and
***clicks the BAN button

P.S: INFO, the off-topic master
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by dragnet: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2008
texazzpete, though I'm not anywhere near the iphone . . . .but then anything can happen. . . .so thanks for the info
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by joeb1(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2008
Please can anybody tell me how to activate my glo sim. Please help me out.
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by foruma(m): 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2009
Hi texazzpete

thanks for your tip,

could you please upload the sendspace files again, thanks
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by unclesege2: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
Hi texazzpete

thanks for your tip, but the file as expired on the site

could you please upload the files again, thanks.
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by flyuche(m): 7:04am On Apr 17, 2009
uncle_sege:

Hi texazzpete

thanks for your tip[b], but the file as expired on the site[/b]

could you please upload the files again, thanks.
embarassed
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by stancozy(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2009
What i did with my former iphone was set the EDGE ONLY. . And when ever edge falls in the phone. . Surfing starts. . And the guy i sold it to is very luck cos in surulere. . I hardly get G cos E is everywhere cheesy thats with ZAIN
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by Dagash95: 9:06am On May 22, 2011
could u re-upload please ?
Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by intelemma: 10:37am On May 12, 2012

Re: How To: Configure Glo Gprs Settings On Iphones by CNCautolink: 1:50pm On May 13, 2012
brand new samsung galaxy tab for sale Call: 08033804922

(1) (Reply)

How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones / NTEL Coverage Areas In Lagos / Free 1000 Airtime Naira For Airtel Users Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.