Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

University Of Abuja Shut Down - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja Shut Down (18658 Views)

LAUTECH Shut Down As Students Protest Robbery Attacks (photos) / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Abuja Shut Down by ikejilove: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
University of Abuja shut down

The University of Abuja on Monday, has been ordered shut down by its authorities due to some student who protested about their examinations.

Reports from Gwagwalada, where the University is situated, said trouble started when some students of the Faculty of Engineering protested the inability of the school authority to bring out a time table for their exams; even when students in other faculties have started theirs.
A University source said there is a problem with Engineering courses with regards to accreditation as those who graduated from the faculty were yet to get their results.

“The authorities felt there is no point writing exams for courses that have no accreditation until the issue is resolved, but the students feel short changed by the management that is why they started protesting today,” the source said.
source http://www./110475022391/#!/NewsDesks
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by ikejilove: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Off-topic - Can anybody post images of the university,please?!
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by freecocoa(f): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
I dey come.
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
may Allah help us in dis country Ameen
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by haisam: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
na there wahala be that
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Shows the level of decay in our education.
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by lifestyle1(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
all4naija: Off-topic - Can anybody post images of the university,please?!

undecided

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
life_style: undecided
Thank you! University of Abuja looks like a zoo from those two images.Jeez! Tell me that is not university of Abuja .

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Uni Abuja actually shd b the Moshood Abiola Uni instead of Unilag
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by ayobase(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
all4naija: Thank you! University of Abuja looks like a zoo from those two images.Jeez! Tell me that is not university of Abuja .

What were u expecting......students in pairs around the school gate chewing gum with mini skirts and ......
Thats university of Abuja.....Temp and Perm sites!

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by markus1133: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
what a shame
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by dilbert100: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
all4naija: Thank you! University of Abuja looks like a zoo from those two images.Jeez! Tell me that is not university of Abuja .

hahahaha grin
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Mgbadike80: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
And the fg is still opening new universities, mumu country with mumu ppl,mumu gov,mumu uni and mumu students.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
ayobase:

What were u expecting......students in pairs around the school gate chewing gum with mini skirts and ......
I was expecting something modern, clean, unique and pleasing to the eyes as Abuja being the capital city and overrated by most Nigerians who live or visit there. It is a shame that den wall is a university gate.

A zoo gate in Phoenix, Arizona in comparison to University of Abuja's.

What's temp and perm site?
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by valdubem(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2012

Dont insult my alma mata! those two pictures are that of d mini campus; the third one is the main (permanent) campus.
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
val_dubem:

Dont insult my alma mata! those two pictures are that of d mini campus; the third one is the main (permanent) campus.
My apologies for pointing out the truth! Just that most Nigerians are allergic to truth. I am sorry for trying to point out what I see in those images!

What are the government and the university body doing to fix it?
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by truefact: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mgbadike80: And the fg is still opening new universities, mumu country with mumu ppl,mumu gov,mumu uni and mumu students.

you're not far from the truth
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
MAULAG, UNIZIK, UNIBEN, UNN, still remains the best.
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by valdubem(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
all4naija: My apologies for pointing out the truth! Just that most Nigerians are allergic to truth. I am sorry for trying to point out what I see in those images!

What are the government and the university body doing to fix it?

once they move all the departments to the new site (perm-site), they will renovate the mini campus and turn it to diploma and Part-Time Study centre
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by greatgod2012(f): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nigeria and her educational system!
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
val_dubem:

once they move all the departments to the new site (perm-site), they will renovate the mini campus and turn it to diploma and Part-Time Study centre
What is the perm (permanent) all rather the main campus like? Some images,please! I need a conviction

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by foyeks2001(f): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
ayobase:

And u r one of d people dat patronises them abi?...mtcheewww
Some people go just dey talk something dem no notin abt...
UniAbuja was established under IBB's regime...so na baby Uni
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by mamagee3(f): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Too many problems in Nigeria. . .
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by valdubem(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
all4naija: What is the perm (permanent) all rather the main campus like? Some images,please! I need a conviction

The permsite is a very wonderful place (newly built and hasnt been more than four years they opened the place for students); though I dont have the pics here with me, I'll do my possible best to get them and upload them here. As for the mini-Campus, you wont expect it to be what you want. A small place with only 3 blocks of class rooms, two lecture hall and an indoor theatre servicing the entire school and departments; common guys GIVE UNIABUJA SOME CREDIT!
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
NA D SCHOOL WHEN GOVT SUPPOSE NAME MAU BE THIS. cheesy
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by dimcee(f): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
♏v̶̲̥̅ gwars oh gwars ..mmm  miss d̶̲̥̅̊α† Skool
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by talktrue1(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
Engine boys. I could remember my olden days as a lion
We no no dey carry last
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by safarigirl(f): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
What is up with this school and their taking people's lives for granted? This is a 2-way thing, first, they shouldn't have admitted students for an unaccredited course, second, why would you apply for a course when it's accreditation isn't totally confirmed? Don't they do their research? The school is already behind on the calendar, yet to even paste an admission list, and now, this
Re: University Of Abuja Shut Down by godstino(m): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
Trut:

Hey Mr. Man. You're a MUMU in MUMU country with MUMU people (including me), no need to argue this.
it is a relief since you know u r a capital MUMU. SO i wud assume it was ur MUMUISH nature that made u spit that MUMURISED comment above...

#ode

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 2015 Admission Testimony - Share Here / Unn Pre-science/remedial/pre-degree Form/diploma Form Out For Sale / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.