Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) (23182 Views)

Road Trip From Enugu To Abeokuta. / Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014 / Journey From Warri To Lagos, To And Fro With A Lght Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ikenna351: Tellwisdom and Jim jones have been banned. Just a note of warning to others.

Keep posting posting your hate posts as you get banned.

Next time, check the section before you post those nonsense. Its not tolerated in cat talk.

If you dont like the topic, pass.

Ikenna.

Thanks jare...
So, Guys and babes, can we improve on my effort... Am thinking of getting a dash-mounted camera for next time... this one was honestly just an impromptu thing... and my phone has a poor camera...
lets have more... taken safely of course grin I also have pics of a road journey from Abuja to Uyo taken about 4 months ago but am not familiar with the geography and would not be able to remember the names of the places we passed through...
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tellwsdom: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ikenna351: Tellwisdom and Jim jones have been banned. Just a note of warning to others.

Keep posting posting your hate posts as you get banned.

Next time, check the section before you post those nonsense. Its not tolerated in cat talk.

If you dont like the topic, pass.

Ikenna.

Ikenna, u are dolt...what is Cat talk?? ....Better get over your cyber ego and face the real world.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by eaglechild: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
I love road trips!
I think i'll do this in the future.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
t-die:

Thanks jare...
So, Guys and babes, can we improve on my effort... Am thinking of getting a dash-mounted camera for next time... this one was honestly just an impromptu thing... and my phone has a poor camera...
lets have more... taken safely of course grin I also have pics of a road journey from Abuja to Uyo taken about 4 months ago but am not familiar with the geography and would not be able to remember the names of the places we passed through...

Am also interested in the dash-mounted Camera.

I did a similar thing in my trip to East from Abuja, this past 2012 Easter break, with my Lion too. I created an Album for it in my Facebook. You will find the pics very interesting too.

I would love to get the dash-mounted camera, since i will be doing another Abuja-Enugu highway drive soon. But would be nice to take the pictures with my Nokia 808 PureView with 41 Megapixel, though.

Ikenna.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by yemidurojaye: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Pritheeann(f): 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
LastApostle:

See wooing na
y r yu jealouz??.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pritheeann: y r yu jealouz??.

Hey pritheeann... am not from Akwa Ibom...

Lets talk offline... grin
Time for Romance:... grin
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Nosyke(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Na my school U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊Ƹ̴γ̲̣̣̥ casttcheedee
tchidi: See my kpako school gate oº°˚!! cheesy
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Delible(m): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
What am i suppossed to do wwith this? Jobless fool. :-XWhat am i suppossed to do wwith this? Jobless fool.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by infolpf: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
@ T-die:
Absolutely LOVE the landscaping in your "home sweet home pic" below. First I thought the cobblestone and grass feature was accidental until I noticed the distinct grid pattern. Nice!
Who's the gardener / landscaper?

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
Nice thread
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Theblessed(f): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
[size=16pt]It is an eye sore!

Those roads are disgraceful!
[/size]
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by mojounited(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
intercom: Am very happy with the roads transformation of Chief Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, I wish other governors would join him in this agenda. Concerning the issue of the poor state of Ikot Epene road from Abia state, it is a federal road and i would advise a call on the both state governors to jointly approach the federal government and solicit for fund to get the road repaired. I just came back from journey and i have a practical knowledge of what i am talking about

About that, Governor Godswill Akpabio recently got the nod from Federal Government to carry out construction of the AKS axis (Ikot Ekpene) of that road... I believe construction will commence next year...and reimbursement will be made after completion. May be, Abia State Govt will have to follow suit for the remaining section of the road. Watch video from 15:50s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4i2C4r-JA&feature=share&list=UU44hqJiIK_HYYflwAkOqAQQ
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by mojounited(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pritheeann: @op are you frm akwaibom??.wich lqa...cos m frm essien udim
smiley
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ugo17: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
@t-die, U passed my village...Its just before the Abia state tower grin
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by drejunior: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pritheeann: @op are you frm akwaibom??.wich lqa...cos m frm essien udim
oboy see hookup
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Pritheeann(f): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
t-die:

Hey pritheeann... am not from Akwa Ibom...

Lets talk offline... grin
Time for Romance:... grin
huh alryt...
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Pritheeann(f): 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
dre junior: oboy see hookup
....Tonque awt...
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by legendprac(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
I commend d OP, taking pics while driving isn't easy, when wen u aint actually speeding
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by lagcity(m): 1:06am On Nov 21, 2012
Mr OP, it is obvious you and your car are on a hot romance/honeymoon. Pls keep it secret becos ya wife or GF might get jealous and pour sand in the gas tank grin
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 21, 2012
not hating on anyone, but yeah we get it. we have seen your car
now clap for yourself
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2012
Βουκέφαλος: not hating on anyone, but yeah we get it. we have seen your car
now clap for yourself

Not meaning to be sarcastic.... I hope you saw the roads as well.... The topic is My Pug's (Peugeot) Journey from Enugu to Uyo...

So of course you should see my Pug....
As well as the roads between Enugu and Uyo....

This is cartalk section; we talk about cars... Our cars, other peoples cars.... Anything automobile that doesn't have to do with sales.... You're obviously not a petrol head.... So go back to sleep....

Wetin you been expect to see....??
Abeg this na early morning o....
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2012
t-die:
This is cartalk section; we talk about cars... Our cars, other peoples cars.... Anything automobile that doesn't have to do with sales.... You're obviously not a petrol head.... So go back to sleep....

Bro, some people just don't seem to get it. It's like banging your head against a brick wall, trying to explain something so glaringly obvious, a spastic baboon would have no problems understanding.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
I am not sure what this is about but it looks more like an EGO ride.
I have been to Akwa Ibom and Enugu, by far, Enugu is more cosmopolitan and have better inner access roads and structures than Akwa ibom.
It appears the intent of this thread besides the Ego ride is to praise AK by making Enugu especially look bad. I am not from either of the states but if I were to settle anywhere in the east, it will definitely be Enugu not AK. I was hoping to see some realy bad roads in the inner suburbs only for you to take pictures of federal roads and rural roads on the outskirts and compare them with inner town roads in AK.

It is all too familiar to not notice the bias. If your intent was to compare the level of developments in these states, then do it with objectivity and equality, don't compare apples with oranges.
Try again next time. AK is cool though.

1 Like

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
megxo: OP, NXT TYM EHN, MAYBE DO DESAME WEN TRAVELLIN FROM AKWA IBOM 2 SOKOTO.........WE'LL APPRECIATE PICS
trust me, when it comes to good roads, The North has got it all covered even in the deepest part of their villages, they have excellent road networks. Am in sokoto now and I know.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
rhymz: I am not sure what this is about but it looks more like an EGO ride.
I have been to Akwa Ibom and Enugu, by far, Enugu is more cosmopolitan and have better inner access roads and structures than Akwa ibom.
It appears the intent of this thread besides the Ego ride is to praise AK by making Enugu especially look bad. I am not from either of the states but if I were to settle anywhere in the east, it will definitely be Enugu not AK. I was hoping to see some realy bad roads in the inner suburbs only for you to take pictures of federal roads and rural roads on the outskirts and compare them with inner town roads in AK.

It is all too familiar to not notice the bias. If your intent was to compare the level of developments in these states, then do it with objectivity and equality, don't compare apples with oranges.

Oga... if I was comparing Enugu State to Akwa ibom State, The title of my post would have been ROADS IN Enugu State and IN Akwa Ibom State (Notice i left out the words "Pug, Journey, Enugu, To, Uyo )and this would have been in the travel section not cartalk.
I am not comparing the states... merely snapped pics of my journey.
You have the right to wish to settle anywhere in Nigeria... thats entirely up to you.
Maybe I ought to lend you a leaf...
...Sometimes, I read posts/topics on Nairaland which in my opinion are pure bollocks... What i do is just to shake my head and move on without dropping nasty or sarcastic comments... You should do the same.
if you do want to criticize, then do so constructively and we'll all appreciate it, and then next time, it will be done better by me or others who would like to do journey pic stories as well.
And if you feel i am showing off... what if I am...?? Its my car, its my topic, its within the scope of the "car talk" section and to borrow from a certain dude... grin, its my "MBs"
...and Apples CAN be compared to Oranges... all depends on which properties you want to compare-they're both fruits.
Thank you...
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
rhymz: I am not sure what this is about but it looks more like an EGO ride.

You failed to understand difference between city and highway roads.

Long distance journey is not about the city one takes off from. Its about the things one encounters on the highway or on the road before one gets to his final destination. Were you expecting him to start the picture taking from the room he slept in Enugu the morning he zoomed off? You would say that if the thread was about a diary; what happened in his life that day. The topic was very explicit "... Journey from Enugu to Uyo". That is, what happened between Enugu and Uyo with his Lion, on his way. The towns that came up in the pics were there because he had to pass them before he gets to Uyo. If it was a straight smooth isolated highway, would you have seen those towns you have problems with? I grew up in Awka & Enugu; i still visit Enugu often. In fact, Enugu town is always my first destination each town i travel down to East, since i drive only on Abuja-Enugu highway to East (Never taken Lokoja-Onitsha highway & ain't interested). So i know how good Enugu is. But i didnt read meaning into what you guys are insinuating. Because a petrolhead interest is not about the towns, but the car and roads in question. Is that too difficult to understand?

Is natural for one to take a final picture of his ride when he/she arrives his/her final destination. I would do the same. In fact, i did the same in my own Album i created in my Facebook.

I dont know why its very difficult for some people to understand the difference between Car Talk and Politics section, where almost everyone there have inferiority complex issues. Always looking for who is looking down on you or who is your Anti-tribe or state. Like i have pointed out, this is car talk section. Before you comment, first check for the section you are in. We have our own way discussion which is non tribal or non political. If you cant stand our maturity, let us be.

Ikenna.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
t-die:

Oga... if I was comparing Enugu State to Akwa ibom State, The title of my post would have been ROADS IN Enugu State and IN Akwa Ibom State (Notice i left out the words "Pug, Journey, Enugu, To, Uyo )and this would have been in the travel section not cartalk.
I am not comparing the states... merely snapped pics of my journey.
You have the right to wish to settle anywhere in Nigeria... thats entirely up to you.
Maybe I ought to lend you a leaf...
...Sometimes, I read posts/topics on Nairaland which in my opinion are pure bollocks... What i do is just to shake my head and move on without dropping nasty or sarcastic comments... You should do the same.
if you do want to criticize, then do so constructively and we'll all appreciate it, and then next time, it will be done better by me or others who would like to do journey pic stories as well.
And if you feel i am showing off... what if I am...?? Its my car, its my topic, its within the scope of the "car talk" section and to borrow from a certain dude... grin, its my "MBs"
...and Apples CAN be compared to Oranges... all depends on which properties you want to compare-they're both fruits.
Thank you...
Guy call it what you like and act so unassuming and harmless, the fact still remains that your attempt is a subtle diss at the governments of those other two states, Enugu especially.

it is so glaring that underneath all that light gist about your journey and car, is the real motive of the thread: Akwa Ibom is working and the government of the other two states are not doing anything-not that I have a problem with your uncanny attempt, my grouse is the fact you had to do it in guise of talking about your car while you hit below the belt at these other states.

Even if it is generally agreed Abia state has the worst government in the east hence your subtle snide remarks about Abia state, thesame argument can't be surreptitously extended to Enugu, you over did it and made your bias and motive so obvious when you extended it to Enugu state.

Enugu State in my opinion is the finest eastern state with enviable infrastructures and social life comparable to may be Portharcourt. Akwa Ibom is ok too but has nothing on Enugu that's the ugly truth. So grotesquely highliting inter-state roads-whether express, state or federal roads in these two states in a list of suggestive pictures while hailing and showing off newly constructed ones in AK is disingenous and an inglorious attempt to hit below the belt.
Your picture story is vague and unbalanced and can easily be misinterpreted as evidenced from some of the posts here.
I just had to point it out cos I see where this is going, already some posters have started clumping the performing Enugu state goverment with Abia's, that is so not fair on Chime who as far as performance is concerned has been the most performing in the east giving the meagre allocation to Enugu and the level of what he has achieved in Enugu. Akwa Ibom seems like is working the most because like Rivers and Lagos, they have a chunky allocation to work with.
You seriously do not need to Abia or Enugu state to look mediocre to make AK look dashing and desirable, it already is.

As for whether you are showing off, of course you are, it is expected and understandable, infact, that is the reason for this section. I will do thesame if I had the time too. . .lol. . I aint hating or sth, just telling the obvious.

1 Like

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by rhymz(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

You failed to understand difference between city and highway roads.

Long distance journey is not about the city one takes off from. Its about the things one encounters on the highway or on the road before one gets to his final destination. Were you expecting him to start the picture taking from the room he slept in Enugu the morning he zoomed off? You would say that if the thread was about a diary; what happened in his life that day. The topic was very explicit "... Journey from Enugu to Uyo". That is, what happened between Enugu and Uyo with his Lion, on his way. The towns that came up in the pics were there because he had to pass them before he gets to Uyo. If it was a straight smooth isolated highway, would you have seen those towns you have problems with? I grew up in Awka & Enugu; i still visit Enugu often. In fact, Enugu town is always my first destination each town i travel down to East, since i drive only on Abuja-Enugu highway to East (Never taken Lokoja-Onitsha highway & ain't interested). So i know how good Enugu is. But i didnt read meaning into what you guys are insinuating. Because a petrolhead interest is not about the towns, but the car and roads in question. Is that too difficult to understand?

Is natural for one to take a final picture of his ride when he/she arrives his/her final destination. I would do the same. In fact, i did the same in my own Album i created in my Facebook.

I dont know why its very difficult for some people to understand the difference between Car Talk and Politics section, where almost everyone there have inferiority complex issues. Always looking for who is looking down on you or who is your Anti-tribe or state. Like i have pointed out, this is car talk section. Before you comment, first check for the section you are in. We have our own way discussion which is non tribal or non political. If you cant stand our maturity, let us be.

Ikenna.
guy you are taking your moderator job too seriously to the point you are fighting the urge to throw childish tantrums. Our opinions on issues do not have to be thesame, whatever your interpretations of the picture story is, they are your opinions and I respect them, you are voicing them too, I would appreciate if you also respect mine and don't get borderline forceful and resorting to threat. The op sounds even more mature than you in his response yet you are supposed to be a Moderator and not take sides with an argument. Your job is not to moderate my opinions but to make sure they do not go against the rules here. Whether there is a hint of politics in my post it is immaterial, and you indulge in thesame politics of complexes when you accuse majority of posters on that section as having inferiority complex.
Abeg tone down with the anger and force in your tone, it is beclouding your judgement as moderator, you don't have to like my views but if they don't go against the rules of engagement here, it is your duty to make sure I air them.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by tdie: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2012
rhymz: Guy call it what you like and act so unassuming and harmless, the fact still remains that your attempt is a subtle diss at the governments of those other two states, Enugu especially.

it is so glaring that underneath all that light gist about your journey and car, is the real motive of the thread: Akwa Ibom is working and the government of the other two states are not doing anything-not that I have a problem with your uncanny attempt, my grouse is the fact you had to do it in guise of talking about your car while you hit below the belt at these other states.

Even if it is generally agreed Abia state has the worst government in the east hence your subtle snide remarks about Abia state, thesame argument can't be surreptitously extended to Enugu, you over did it and made your bias and motive so obvious when you extended it to Enugu state.

Enugu State in my opinion is the finest eastern state with enviable infrastructures and social life comparable to may be Portharcourt. Akwa Ibom is ok too but has nothing on Enugu that's the ugly truth. So grotesquely highliting inter-state roads-whether express, state or federal roads in these two states in a list of suggestive pictures while hailing and showing off newly constructed ones in AK is disingenous and an inglorious attempt to hit below the belt.
Your picture story is vague and unbalanced and can easily be misinterpreted as evidenced from some of the posts here.
I just had to point it out cos I see where this is going, already some posters have started clumping the performing Enugu state goverment with Abia's, that is so not fair on Chime who as far as performance is concerned has been the most performing in the east giving the meagre allocation to Enugu and the level of what he has achieved in Enugu. Akwa Ibom seems like is working the most because like Rivers and Lagos, they have a chunky allocation to work with.
You seriously do not need to Abia or Enugu state to look mediocre to make AK look dashing and desirable, it already is.

As for whether you are showing off, of course you are, it is expected and understandable, infact, that is the reason for this section. I will do thesame if I had the time too. . .lol. . I aint hating or sth, just telling the obvious.

Oga I am not or was not (whichever) attempting to denigrate any Government with regards to the roads. There are a lot of reasons why roads go bad, with both the Govt, and the people being guilty at times. My remark about God's own State had nothing to do with the state of the Road because almost all the roads i traveled on (including the road on which i made that remark) are federal Roads.
FYI I grew up in Enugu from way back in the early eighties and lived/schooled/worked there up to December 2011, so if anybody should be conversant with the pace of development there, then I should be the one (except you also grew up there and are older than i am). I will not be dragged into who is performing better than who...thats not the point of this section. Sullivan has tried immensely in some aspects so has Orji in his own way, so have Okorocha and Akpabio in their own ways.
like I said countless times, my story was unplanned... im-promptu, It only occurred to me to start snapping pics after I had gotten petrol @ the Mega Station which as you know is outside Enugu town.
Maybe you could suggest what could be done better next time. Even if you don't have the time, some other jobless grin peeps like me who like to show off would be happy to take note of your corrections without any hard feelings and effect them.
Can we please end this here....
I apologize if some of my remarks on the pics seemed subtly insultive.
Re: My Pugs Journey From Enugu To Uyo On Sunday 18th Nov 2012 (Update) by Ikenna351(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Got home like 5.30 pm… so that was five and half hours for a 250km Journey…
…tdie
[/quote]

Almost close to what i usually spend on Abuja-Enugu highway. About 7 hrs though, in my case.

I would leave by 6am and arrive Enugu at 1pm. The same on my way back to Abuja. Its about 500+ km.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car / Innoson Builds FRSC Vans / Driver Smashes Car Into A Residential Building In Delta State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.