Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) (3242 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / TB Joshua Edited Colorado Video Prophecy? / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
If you’re considering giving up Christianity, being a child of God, and going back to the world here’s what you’re in for. I really thought about doing this and this is what I got. Here’s what’s in store for you:

Prepare to receive disapproval by true Christians and mockery by false Christians.

You’ll have to get “jumped” back into the Satan’s “gang” since you initially rejected him for Christ.

You will have to play by the rules of Satan’s world which means:

You’ll have to get dirty and become comfortable in sin
You’ll have to lie, steal, cheat, manipulate, dominate and maybe even kill
You’ll have to kill your conscience for sure
You’ll have to do some horrible things
You’ll have to live with those horrible things

Just know that success won’t be guaranteed to you even if you play by the rules.

However, if you become successful in one area, you will fail in other areas of your life (marriage, children, health etc).

Just know that you will become a pawn of the devil.

Sin will take a toll on your life regardless.

There won’t be any real solution to dealing with the void and pain in your life apart from Jesus so you’ll have to abuse people, drugs, material things or food; or use other alternative solutions that won’t satisfy or heal you.

After years of service to the devil, you can look forward to everlasting destruction in the lake of fire as your retirement plan.

It’s just better to serve God, he’s not harsh like Satan and God has all the benefits. Satan is a hateful taskmaster while God is a loving Father. Choose the Father. He has your best intentions at heart. If you’re struggling with sin, or thinking about giving up, it’s simply the battle of the flesh vs the spirit. Don’t give up. Check out: Titus 2:11-12 NIV, and Romans chapter 6.

Source of Article
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by true2(m): 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
What you say is not true. There are many good people who do not believe, or follow God. Satan won't even bother these. He knows God will deal with them in his own time, and way. Besides, you can't read their hearts, only God can. Stop being a judge, and clean up your own house.

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2012

Seriously?
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
to be reviewed
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by UyiIredia(m): 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
frosbel: to be reviewed

Don't keep us waiting.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by seyibrown(f): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Subscribing ... what has our frosbel gone and said this time? grin grin
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
FROSBEL GOING APOSTATE. DO NOT RETURN TO THE VALLEY OF THE DRY BONES BROTHER FROSBEL cry cry
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
never was there a more confused fella as the op on nl.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
Image123: never was there a more confused fella as the op on nl.

My tithe preaching, eternal torment loving , trinity worshipping brother , I don't need you to tell me I have been confused in the past by the aforementioned false doctrines. grin

As I throw the garbage away , it appears I am becoming more and loving , tolerant and patient with not just my brethren but others.

I advice you to do the same, flee from men worship and come to God worship.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by seyibrown(f): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
frosbel:
My tithe preaching, eternal torment loving , trinity worshipping brother , I don't need you to tell me I have been confused in the past by the aforementioned false doctrines. grin
As I throw the garbage away , it appears I am becoming more and loving , tolerant and patient with not just my brethren but others.
I advice you to do the same, flee from men worship and come to God worship.

Yipee! grin grin grin grin Thank God for our frosbel. You no go kuku lost in Jesus name! We go make dis heaven together! grin grin grin
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
seyibrown:

Yipee! grin grin grin grin Thank God for our frosbel. You no go kuku lost in Jesus name! We go make dis heaven together! grin grin grin
frosb is not interested in spiritual things like going to heaven.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by AtheistD(m): 5:59am On Nov 22, 2012
true?:
What you say is not true. There are many good people who do not believe, or follow God. Satan won't even bother these. He knows God will deal with them in his own time, and way. Besides, you can't read their hearts, only God can. Stop being a judge, and clean up your own house.

Good ppl that dont believe in God but do good works etc. Dont they go to purgatory? According to the Catholic faith of course.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by truthislight: 6:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Good ppl that dont believe in God but do good works etc. Dont they go to purgatory? According to the Catholic faith of course.

there is nothing like purgatory if that is what you are banking on.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 22, 2012
truthislight:

there is nothing like purgatory if that is what you are banking on.
prove it.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by AtheistD(m): 6:18am On Nov 22, 2012
^^^^^

Really? So if God is meant to be a judge shouldnt character, acts, achievements be part of the judgement.

So much for an almighty and righteous God. The righteous will never punish the good. And that is determined by our acts not beliefs.

I am not banking on purgatory, i will face my judgement squarely but going on scripture there clear concensus on my fate tongue
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Todaynatoday: 7:21am On Nov 22, 2012
^^^^^

Really? So if God is meant to be a judge shouldnt character, acts, achievements be part of the judgement.
God is a righteous judge and yes character, acts and the rest of the "good things" that you do are part of what you will be judged on but if you do not believe in the sacrifice of His Son, then your "good works" are useless.

So much for an almighty and righteous God. The righteous will never punish the good. And that is determined by our acts not beliefs.
What's the point of our existence if not to give glory to God. Your "good acts" don't mean anything if you do not believe in Him remember that obedience is better than sacrifice.

I am not banking on purgatory, i will face my judgement squarely but going on scripture there clear concensus on my fate tongue
Good, I'm not sure that purgatory even exists. You do not know what the judgement would be & do not think for one second that you can "face it squarely"
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

to be reviewed

What are you reviewing? You better retrace your steps, Jesus is always a step away.

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by AtheistD(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Todaynatoday:

What's the point of our existence if not to give glory to God. Your "good acts" don't mean anything if you do not believe in Him remember that obedience is better than sacrifice.

Good, I'm not sure that purgatory even exists. You do not know what the judgement would be & do not think for one second that you can "face it squarely"

Righteous God that punishes the good... yep i get it wink
If God punishes the good then He is not righteous, neither is He fair, neither is He a suitable judge.

What if your good acts further the growth of Xtianity? It is a well established fact that Constantine l was not a Xtian yet I doubt he can be compared to Hitler (who was a Xtian) in regards to judgements. Would they both be bosom buddies in hell? If so then Xtianity is seriously flawed.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Todaynatoday: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2012

Righteous God that punishes the good... yep i get it wink
If God punishes the good then He is not righteous, neither is He fair, neither is He a suitable judge.
I've already explained to you that your "good works" are filthy rags before God. You have to believe in His Son, Jesus Christ.
John 3:16
(NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in Him
shall not perish but have
eternal life.

All you have to do is believe.

What if your good acts further the growth of Xtianity? It is a well established fact that Constantine l was not a Xtian yet I doubt he can be compared to Hitler (who was a Xtian) in regards to judgements. Would they both be bosom buddies in hell? If so then Xtianity is seriously flawed.
@ the bolded
Ecclesiastes 1:2
(NIV)
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
can you see? Meaningless!!!

Emperor constantine never furthered christianity but rather he slowed it down and mixed pagan doctrines with christianity

2 Likes

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What are you reviewing? You better retrace your steps, Jesus is always a step away.

You will surprised that many people who you look down on , will get to heaven before self-righteous brainwashed Pharisees like you.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

You will surprised that many people who you look down on , will get to heaven before self-righteous brainwashed Pharisees like you.
so people will get to heaven again? your heart tied to a pendulum?
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2012
Image123:
so people will get to heaven again? your heart tied to a pendulum?

You obviously know what I mean, a new heaven and a new earth.

From now on , replace anywhere I mention heaven with 'heaven and earth'.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by AtheistD(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: I've already explained to you that your "good works" are filthy rags before God. You have to believe in His Son, Jesus Christ. 1
John 3:16
(NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in Him
shall not perish but have
eternal life.

All you have to do is believe.

@ the bolded
Ecclesiastes 1:2
(NIV)
“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
can you see? Meaningless!!!

Emperor constantine never furthered christianity but rather he slowed it down and mixed pagan doctrines with christianity 2

1. A God that condemns good works because of who carry out the works.... hmmmm

What was the parable about the Jew and the Gentile?

2. Really? Constantine did nothing for CHRISTIANITY
Either you know little about history or you are deliberately winding us all up. Either way, under the previous emperor Diocletian Christians were persecuted throughout the empire, killed in the Colloseum and fair game. Their properties were seized etc. This had been going on since the time of Nero. Constantine ended that and made Christianity favoured.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

You obviously know what I mean, a new heaven and a new earth.

From now on , replace anywhere I mention heaven with 'heaven and earth'.
i don't know, I'm not omniscient, neither do i understand what you just wrote.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Todaynatoday: 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2012

1. A God that condemns good works because of who carry out the works.... hmmmm
I've already told you that "good works" count as nothing if you don't believe in the sacrifice of Jesus. What you might even count as a good deed might be seen as bad to someone else. All that matters is that you do what is pleasing in God's sight and not something to impress man.

What was the parable about the Jew and the Gentile?
I have not read any parable about a jew and a gentile. Could you be so kind as to point me to the verse?
Really? Constantine did nothing for CHRISTIANITY
Either you know little about history or you are deliberately winding us all up. Either way, under the previous emperor Diocletian Christians were persecuted throughout the empire, killed in the Colloseum and fair game. Their properties were seized etc. This had been going on since the time of Nero. Constantine ended that and made Christianity favoured.
Do you know the reason that he converted to christianity? He did christianity no favour cos after he converted, true christianity dwindled.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by aletheia(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
So is frosbel is "giving up on God and going back to the world"? Can't seem to make sense of this thread.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

Why will I be surprised? There is already a general assembly and church of the first born, that is written in heaven together with the spirits of righteous men made perfect by the blood of the Lamb. My name is written down in heaven, what about you?
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
aletheia: So is frosbel is "giving up on God and going back to the world"? Can't seem to make sense of this thread.
evil spirits are probably confusing the op. Hence the fruit of senselessness as opposed to 2Timothy 1:7

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why will I be surprised? There is already a general assembly and church of the first born, that is written in heaven together with the spirits of righteous men made perfect by the blood of the Lamb. My name is written down in heaven, what about you?

You might want to review and reconsider your anti-Christ stance on :

1. Tithing
2. Supporting blood thirsty Israel in the destruction of human life
3. Promotion of false prophets
4. Deciding who goes to heaven or not.
5. Preaching false doctrine

Mate, you are seriously in need of some humility, see how much damage Deeper life has done to you , so sad.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Image123:
evil spirits are probably confusing the op. Hence the fruit of senselessness as opposed to 2Timothy 1:7

the same evil spirits that lead you and your cohorts into the perpetuation of the TITHE fraud, propagating false doctrine and preventing people from coming into the kingdom.

You might just be surprised that the reverse is the case grin
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
aletheia: So is frosbel is "giving up on God and going back to the world"? Can't seem to make sense of this thread.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

You might want to review and reconsider your anti-Christ stance on :

1. Tithing
2. Supporting blood thirsty Israel in the destruction of human life
3. Promotion of false prophets
4. Deciding who goes to heaven or not.
5. Preaching false doctrine

Mate, you are seriously in need of some humility, see how much damage Deeper life has done to you , so sad.

Why don't you deflate your ego and go to a bible believing church? How long will you remain stubborn as the mule below? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ Pastor Adeboye’s Son Supports His Queen By Replicating Her Beautiful Haircut / 48 Striking Things Nigerian Prophet Said In 2020 New Year Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.