Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) (3243 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / TB Joshua Edited Colorado Video Prophecy? / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you deflate your ego and go to a bible believing church? How long will you remain stubborn as the mule below? undecided

You mean 'believing' cults like deeper life ? No thank you.

True Christians are the CHURCH and they can fellowship anywhere including homes, market place, rented fellowship buildings etc. However these places are not called CHURCH , CHURCH means the 'called out ones ' .

Are you sure you are part of the TRUE CHURCH.

Keep me out of your Babylonian, tax exempt status, tithe fraud, false doctrine preaching 'churches'.

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

You mean 'believing' cults like deeper life ? No thank you.

True Christians are the CHURCH and they can fellowship anywhere including homes, market place, rented fellowship buildings etc. However these places are not called CHURCH , CHURCH means the 'called out ones ' .

Are you sure you are part of the TRUE CHURCH.

Keep me out of your Babylonian, tax exempt status, tithe fraud, false doctrine preaching 'churches'.

Yes, I am part of the Church of Christ and we fellowship in places that you've listed above including our own properties.

Our fellowship is not only vertical it is also horizontal.

"That which we have seen and heard declare we to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ . . . But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin"
(1 John 1:3,7).

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Peter says "he has forgotten".
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Image123:

Peter says "he has forgotten".

He has certainly forgotten the dream he had in his teens where God showed him of His second coming.

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

He has certainly forgotten the dream he had in his teens where God showed him of His second coming.
very true.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by truthislight: 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
musKeeto:
prove it.

if such is not a teaching of christ and his apostles and not recorded in the NT being the apostles of christ teachings how else can it be a christian doctrine?

The word "purgetary" is not even contained in the bible.

Besides, the dead are "uncontiouse of nothing" Eccl 9:5,6 and 10.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
Image123:
very true.

This is the reason we should take heed to Ecclesiastes 12:1 that says:

"Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when you shall say, I have no pleasure in them"

I hope frosbel remembers his dream and gets right with his Creator.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Boomark(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This is the reason we should take heed to Ecclesiastes 12:1 that says:

"Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when you shall say, I have no pleasure in them"

I hope frosbel remembers his dream and gets right with his Creator.

What shall ye have him do?
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by ijawkid(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
. My name is written down in heaven, what about you?

This statement is a presumptuous one......

Take your time o......

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Take your time o......

Don't mind the Pharisee !!

His salvation is guaranteed by deeperlife membership.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33am On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Take your time o......

It is not a presumptuous saying, I believe what God says I am. I believe in His promises.

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven"
(Luke 10:20).

If our Lord Jesus says it and I believe it that settles it for me. My name is written down in the book of the Lamb in heaven.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39am On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel:

Don't mind the Pharisee !!

Nicodemus was also a Pharisee who believed in our Lord Jesus Christ.

frosbel:

His salvation is guaranteed by deeperlife membership.

Was your salvation based on your membership of DL before you departed?

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back to perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul"
(Hebrews 10:38-39).
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by ijawkid(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is not a presumptuous saying, I believe what God says I am. I believe in His promises.

If our Lord Jesus says it and I believe it that settles it for me. My name is written down in the book of the Lamb in heaven.

Until the end comes no one is sure of his or her salvation.........it is he that endures to the end that will be saved....besides someone like you who supports wars and killings in this present world might not have his name in the book of the lamb.....you better scrutinize your stand...........
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by brainpulse: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Until the end comes no one is sure of his or her salvation.........it is he that endures to the end that will be saved....besides someone like you who supports wars and killings in this present world might not have his name in the book of the lamb.....you better scrutinize your stand...........

You are sure of your Salvation when you have the Holyspirit within you, that will convict and convince you of your standing with God. He will bring everything to your remembrance and will always hhelp you as promised by Christ.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Boomark(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Until Jesus settles it, keep working towards it so that no one gets disappointed as these people.

Matthew 7:21-23
New International Version (NIV)

21 “Not everyone who says to me,
‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom
of heaven, but only the one who
does the will of my Father who is in
heaven.
22 Many will say to me on
that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not
prophesy in your name and in your
name drive out demons and in
your name perform many
miracles?’
23 Then I will tell them
plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away
from me, you evildoers!’

One of the things Our Father wants from us is that we have Him as the One God we serve. That is His will.

That is why He sent Christ, so that Christ will bring us back to His God and Father.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

envy.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2012
These pharisees from the false church system have totally lost the plot and aint gotta clue.

We can be assured that we are the children of GOD no doubt. But only him/her that endures till the end will be saved. Presumptuously arrogant fellows should be careful , they , like the Pharisees might be shut out of the kingdom.

Even Paul was not this proud.

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." - Matthew 10:22

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2012
Boomark:

What shall ye have him do?

perhaps return to my vomit deeperlife grin
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2012
To the presumptuous ones, I have reposted the original article which has been adjusted.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by brainpulse: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel: These pharisees from the false church system have totally lost the plot and aint gotta clue.

We can be assured that we are the children of GOD no doubt. But only him/her that endures till the end will be saved. Presumptuously arrogant fellows should be careful , they , like the Pharisees might be shut out of the kingdom.

Even Paul was not this proud.

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Corinthians 9:27

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." - Matthew 10:22

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

The first two bible verses are not talking about conviction, but holding on to the faith receive through salvation irrespective of trivials, tribulation and trails. At a point in your christian journey you should be able to know your standing with God and what you need to do to grow more in Him as paul will always say.
Even the last bible verse you quoted refers to many that call the name of the lord in disguise for the attrocities they do in the dark. They are Wolves in sheep clothing they deceive men, but they know they are not serving the true God.

But for a TRUE child of God spirit filled should know with all confidence as bro paul said that "A CROWN AWAITS HIM" his standing with God and where he is going.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2012
Image123:
envy.

Image oooooooo......how envy take enter this tori??.....

I just gave bro OLA some sound advice......
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by brainpulse: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2012
I read your article and i must say that the Test of our christian faith sometimes could shake our believe in Him and could also make us ask questions of our salvation.

1 Peter 4:12-13:
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy."

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." (James 1:2)

But sometimes these trails comes for us to learn somthings about 1. God 2.Ourselves 3. Our environment. Also to equip us and strengthen us for other stage or phase of life. For sure God is not unaware of this silent times, but during this period we are refined like Gold (1 Pet 1:7) to be the best if only we allow him to cruise the Ship of our lives.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

To share it as testimony and encouragement to others that might be passing through what we have passed through so that their faith will be strong.

Lastly we should do more of encouraging ourselves in faith and elightening each other rather than killing ourselves with words.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by ijawkid(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2012
brainpulse:

You are sure of your Salvation when you have the Holyspirit within you, that will convict and convince you of your standing with God. He will bring everything to your remembrance and will always hhelp you as promised by Christ.

But endure to the end first,then you can be so sure.........the apostles all endured till death,let OLA get to that stage....like I said he's a supporter of isreals shedding innocent blood....let him scrutinize his stand.....
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by brainpulse: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

But endure to the end first,then you can be so sure.........the apostles all endured till death,let OLA get to that stage....like I said he's a supporter of isreals shedding innocent blood....let him scrutinize his stand.....

On a good mood are you sure where you are going ijawkid? Because i believe it is when you are sure of where you are going you can endure to get there.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Image123(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Image oooooooo......how envy take enter this tori??.....

I just gave bro OLA some sound advice......
he's persuaded, you're not.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by true2(m): 3:06am On Nov 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why will I be surprised? There is already a general assembly and church of the first born, that is written in heaven together with the spirits of righteous men made perfect by the blood of the Lamb. My name is written down in heaven, what about you?

Your name is written down in heaven? Please, show me one righteous man alive today, and I will kiss your a-ss, and give you ten days to draw a crowed.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by ijawkid(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2012
Image123:
he's persuaded, you're not.

I wanted OLA to be humble like the apostle paul and every other 1st century christian....

This is what paul who had done everything for the GOODnews said..if only OLA was a quater of paul his statement wouldn't have cracked me up....::::::
These are pauls words @ phillipians 3:11-14:::::::

Philippians 3:11–14
11 and so, somehow, attaining to the
resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or
have already arrived at my goal,l but I press
on to take holdm of that for which Christ
Jesus took hold of me.n 13 Brothers and
sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have
taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting
what is behind and straining toward what is
ahead, 14 I press onp toward the goal to win
the prizeq for which God has calledr me
heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Paul knew that it was only when he endured right to the end faithfully that his name or his chances of survival into the heavens would be sure......

OLA's statement totally displays PRIDE.....and like I said for the fact he supports isreal in its blood shed in recent times shows he himself isn't ready for heaven.............

You can hear these words also in zephaniah 2:3....

##King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth,
which have wrought his judgment; seek
righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye
shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

##GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Search for the LORD, all you humble people in
the land who carry out his justice. Search for
what is right. Search for humility. Maybe you
will find shelter on the day of the LORD's
anger.

Our gaining eternal life can only be a reality when we ""endure "" to the end not when we are presumptuous......

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by truthislight: 9:05am On Nov 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I wanted OLA to be humble like the apostle paul and every other 1st century christian....

This is what paul who had done everything for the GOODnews said..if only OLA was a quater of paul his statement wouldn't have cracked me up....::::::

Paul knew that it was only when he endured right to the end faithfully that his name or his chances of survival into the heavens would be sure......

OLA's statement totally displays PRIDE.....and like I said for the fact he supports isreal in its blood shed in recent times shows he himself isn't ready for heaven.............

anger.

Our gaining eternal life can only be a reality when we ""endure "" to the end not when we are presumptuous......

this men are noise makers.

Thinking that the undeserved kindness of our lord(Jesus christ) is a means for dishonest gain.

The conscience of some people are dead as can be seen by the exploitation of people that is going on in the name of God.

Some people will really have to reward themselves this heaven, afteral christ said he will tell some people :
"get away from me i never knew you"
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
true?:

Your name is written down in heaven? Please, show me one righteous man alive today, and I will kiss your a-ss, and give you ten days to draw a crowed.

Any Christian you see around you is righteous and if you cannot find one why not become one? A Christian stands righteous before God as though they never sinned. Every true Christian has the righteousness of Christ in them and this is by faith in His precious blood shed on the cross of calvary. If you are still hoping to be righteous through your own good works then you have missed the point.

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back to perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul"
(Hebrews 10:38-39).
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
ijawkid:

anger.

This is why you are not a Christian. If I say that am a Christian then what I am saying is that am a believer who is saved by the grace of God and this is obtained by faith in Christ's gift for me.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Romans 6:23).

If you are still working for your righteousness then you have to keep up to the standard of God which is perfection and if you do break His Law then the wages for your works is death, eternal separation from God. Those who receive the gift of God which through faith in the finished work of Jesus on the cross will have eternal life, this is what we call the grace of God.

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast"
(Ephesians 2:8-9).

These verses make is crystal clear that no one will be saved through their own goodness. Nothing we can do could ever merit eternal life. It can only come as a gift, by the grace of God. And let me emphasise that we are not even saved by our faith, because it is not faith in itself that saves us. Faith is just the medium God uses to extend His grace to us, so if you're trusting in your good works you will miss out.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit"
(Titus 3:5).
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This is why you are not a Christian. If I say that am a Christian then what I am saying is that am a believer who is saved by the grace of God and this is obtained by faith in Christ's gift for me.

(Romans 6:23).

If you are still working for your righteousness then you have to keep up to the standard of God which is perfection and if you do break His Law then the wages for your works is death, eternal separation from God. Those who receive the gift of God which through faith in the finished work of Jesus on the cross will have eternal life, this is what we call the grace of God.

(Ephesians 2:8-9).

These verses make is crystal clear that no one will be saved through their own goodness. Nothing we can do could ever merit eternal life. It can only come as a gift, by the grace of God. And let me emphasise that we are not even saved by our faith, because it is not faith in itself that saves us. Faith is just the medium God uses to extend His grace to us, so if you're trusting in your good works you will miss out.

(Titus 3:5).

you don't fail to disappoint with your arrogance.
Re: Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
frosbel:

you don't fail to disappoint with your arrogance.

Are you saved?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens To Students Who Comes Late To Church In Bowen University! / . / Pastor Adeboye’s Son Supports His Queen By Replicating Her Beautiful Haircut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.