Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game (11925 Views)

Shocking:barca Can't Compete In Laliga If Catalunya gets Independendence / Barca Can't Play In La Liga If Catalunya Gets Independence / Super Eagles Defeat FC Farense 5 - 0 In Friendly Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Rajosh(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2012
Nigeria have lined up an international friendly match against Catalonia in preparation for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The game, against the side coached by Dutch legend Johan Cruyff, will take place at Estadi Cornellà El Prat, home ground of Spanish side Espanyol, on 2 January.

Catalonia, like other Spanish regions such as the Basque Country, compete in friendlies against international teams but are not permitted to play in official competitions.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), though, is delighted with another "high-profile" friendly for the Super Eagles.

"It has been finalised that the team will travel to Spain for this friendly against Catalonia," said NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire.

"This match is another crucial step in our preparations for the Nations Cup in South Africa.

"The players and officials are all looking forward to another opportunity to continue building momentum after the victory against Venezuela in Miami.

"The Catalonia side will provide a tough test at the right time for us."

It will be the second meeting between the West Africans and Catalonia. The first match, in December 1998, ended in an emphatic 5-0 defeat for Nigeria.

And the Catalans may be looking to achieve a similar result to provide a fitting send-off for Cruyff, whose tenure as coach comes to an end after this match.

Nigeria begin their Nations Cup campaign against Burkina Faso on 21 January and then face Zambia and Ethiopia in Group C.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20444941
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by lukade: 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2012
MAY GOD HELP US.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by dagbo: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2012
amen ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2012
The only silver lining for the Super Eagles is that Victor Valdez will be in goal grin, and there won't be a David Villa or MESSI. I expect an entertaining 2-2 draw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by aglomar: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2012
So?
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by salolo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
good
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
I care less, i just need the afcon.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by crusufixo(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
I sha hope that Fabripass (fabrigas),midfield maestro (iniestia) and prof (Xavi) wont be part of the team, else ......... wahala dey oh !!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by MurphyT1: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
RUBBISH...they shud rather play any strong African team cos we r having an african competition (jam body football), it will make them understand African pattern to an extent, and prepare their minds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by YoursGEJ(m): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
They only need xavi and iniesta. 2 vs 11

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by maclatunji: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
We have played them before. See how it went: cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOs1wIdAsE

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by omicron(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2012
CFCfan: The only silver lining for the Super Eagles is that Victor Valdez will be in goal grin, and there won't be a David Villa or MESSI. I expect an entertaining 2-2 draw.
and no iniesta too, and much as I would wish for a Nigerian victory, it will be a game to expect another defeat.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by omicron(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
Yours GEJ,:
They only need xavi and iniesta. 2 vs 11
iniesta isn't from Catalunya.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Davedavy: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
Any info on where one can purchase the ticket for this match?
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by valencia25(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
OMG!! Who planned this suicide mission for my dear Eagles *crying*

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by merengue: 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
crusufixo:

I sha hope that Fabripass (fabrigas),midfield maestro (iniestia) and prof (Xavi) wont be part of the team, else ......... wahala dey oh !!!!

Iniesta won't play, he is from the Asturias region, not Catalunya.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Kslib(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
Murphy T: RUBBISH...they shud rather play any strong African team cos we r having an african competition (jam body football), it will make them understand African pattern to an extent, and prepare their minds.
hahaa!!! Na wa oh!!! So you think african football is all about jam body,so super eagles should only meet jam body countries for friendly abi?? Why you no pack all dose akpu strong huge men from una village make dem con help us win african cup of nations

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by valencia25(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
maclatunji: We have played them before. See how it went: cheesy

Broda mi Olatunji, that was when we were still Super Eagles but now we're [Super Chickens[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
Kslib:
hahaa!!! Na wa oh!!! So you think african football is all about jam body,so super eagles should only meet jam body countries for friendly abi?? Why you no pack all dose akpu strong huge men from una village make dem con help us win african cup of nations

LOL, Cameroon did it successfully.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by olaadegoke(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
high profile indeed
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by justman29(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
NLanders, who and who in d euro 12 winning squad is 4rm catalonia?
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by dridowu: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
We go beat dm anytime anyday, we no b italy wey dy whip 4-0, 9ja my darling country go wallow dm. *****yawn***** just dy wake up
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
omicron: and no iniesta too, and much as I would wish for a Nigerian victory, it will be a game to expect another defeat.

Thanks for d info. Even if Naija loses, it will be by a lone goal.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by princeFAD: 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
valencia25:
Broda mi Olatunji, that was when we were still Super Eagles but now we're [Super Chickens[/b]
did you see the score board clearly?They trashed us 5 goals to nil
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by kingblosky: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
Then Nigeria can play BIAFRA too. !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Oahray: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Na Cataluña dem dey call high profile? Its not the whole spanish team. No villa, no iniesta, no Ramos, no Jordi Alba, no casillas, no pedro, no alonso...
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by holums(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
I think we beat them 3-2 in France '98 world cup when super eagle were golden now I can only 2-0 victory in favour of Spain from there we should be able to stand firm thru'out AFCON
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by honeric01(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
holums: I think we beat them 3-2 in France '98 world cup when super eagle were golden now I can only 2-0 victory in favour of Spain from there we should be able to stand firm thru'out AFCON

Catalunya is not Spanish team, they are made up of players from a region in Spain called Catalunya (region where clubs like Barcelona and Espanyol e.t.c are)
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Whobedatte(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
omicron: iniesta isn't from Catalunya.
Hes from Basque, Albacete, but having being born and raised @ the Lamasia academy, he now claims 'Catalunya!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by honeric01(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
maclatunji: We have played them before. See how it went: cheesy

NFF why now? this is wickedness, why una wan come rubbish Keshi job na. sad sad sad grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by ujukala: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
3-1 against Nigeria. I have that feeling.
Re: Nigeria To Play Catalunya (Spain) In Friendly Game by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
justman29: NLanders, who and who in d euro 12 winning squad is 4rm catalonia?

All barcelona spanish players, asides iniesta and david villa are catalans. They've got a great team, the catalans. Xavi, fabregas, puyol, pique, jordi alba, pedro, valdes just to name a few. The catalans have got a great squad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Private League Code. / Gonzalo Higuain Set To Complete Chelsea Transfer On Tuesday! / Dennis Wins Watford Player, Goal Of The Month Awards For November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.