Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (29645 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by kodewrita(m): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill: it is a MAD HOUSE!!!

One child is spilling milk here, another is child is trying to lick it off the floor, yet another is trying to snatch the littler baby's bottle, one has dropped his cookie and wailing because it's what is soothing his hurting gums and the baby that just wants to be held all day is crying because you have put her down to check up on the other two fighting over the barney teddy bear that belongs to the little boy standing in the corner because he has popped in his diaper and he is shy.

undecided
And yet you leave all this in the hands of a 15 year old?

2 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
Bless You Sisikill. I can't even imagine.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by lumideezle(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
coldgate: HI NLDERS, I need your candid advice. My nine-month old son attends a creche run by the RCCG church which is only two blocks from my home.This is also where I worship.The Creche also has a tutorial class for afternoons. My 3 and half yr old daughter attends this after school. Now my grouse with the creche is that when my little boy started, the elderly pastor's wife who runs the creche also employed another woman to work at the creche. Recently, I noticed that whenever I go to the creche in the morning to drop my son (I work in a financial Institution on the Mainland and leave home at 7:45)the pastor's wife is no longer there. Instead, a young girl or at times, the pastor's ward dressed in school uniform is the one I meet at the creche. When I get to work, I try to call to find out if she is at the creche and she would reply that the she was there and the baby is fine. Now I have a strong suspicion that she leaves my child and others in the care of this young girl of about 15 yrs old. The other woman who used to work there no longer comes.I am seriously considering taking my son away from this creche because I am not satisfied with everything. Yet a part of me still clings on because THIS IS MY CHURCH. I guess I am just being sentimental. Pls, House, what do you advise?

I commend you Observation skills, but i must also say that you need re-evaluate your priorities. Who should get the best of your love? your church or your CHild? (Think about that. From your post , i can conclude that the only reason you have not taken your child out of that place is because it is ran by your church and you are forgetting that Christians are also human beings and[b] NIGERIANS[/b].

That said , il answer your question directly
Take a break from work and visit the Creche unannounced to confirm if the woman actually leaves your child with an underage. If Yes, just jejely(No shouting o) take your child away from the place and change his creche. Ensure that you continue to smile with the pastors wife, the pastors and anyone that cares but Please Please and Please put the welfare of your child first before any church!! I understand you women are easily brain washed by the sweet words and endless promises of Pastors but abeg make a statement that your child would always come first.
My one kobo.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
This thread is driving me INSANE!!! Agghh

30% of my salary goes into my childcare, that's a chunk I must say....like Richy just said...if you ain't capable of having kids or catering for them and giving them your 110% .... JuST DON'T !!!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
jidegirl12: This thread is driving me INSANE!!! Agghh

30% of my salary goes into my childcare, that's a chunk I must say....like Richy just said...if you ain't capable of having kids or catering for them and giving them your 110% .... JuST DON'T !!!

only 30% - my daughters childcare is almost twice my mortgage!!!!!!

as for the topic - i will not say anything - cos with a lot of people when church enters the equation 1+1 no longer equals 2
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
cotton101:

only 30% - my daughters childcare is almost twice my mortgage!!!!!!

as for the topic - i will not say anything - cos with a lot of people when church enters the equation 1+1 no longer equals 2

It's not 'only' if you know how much my salary is; another family's salary worth,

I'm not here to flex my muscle

and talk bout mortgage in general .... is as low as $200 biweekly and as high as $4k/month grin anybody that works can afford a mortgage ...it's no big deal undecided
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by damiso(f): 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
Thank God OP has decided to take her child away from the so called creche.takes me to the time when my own mother bless her heart was looking for all this local agbole child minders for me as she put it'eniyan o le ko ere oko dele' for the non yoruba speakers you will not bring the profit of abroad home with what your paying on childcare.I politely told her as long as me and hubby were not complaining or asking her for money i will not take my child to a nollywood watching ,health and safety deficient ,child safety clueless, educationally challenged child minder just so i can buy jeep in Lagos.These children are kids for such a short time and costs aside cos the prices for some of these mushroom creche are actually outrageous, childcare is one of the most important decisions to take esp for under 5.You should have seen my folder when i was going back to work after my daughter was born.It was like a military mission.Once my gut said no i never looked back and even though very pricey i thank God for the child care provider i settled on.I could actually focus on work when at work cos i knew my child by the grace of God would be fine.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
OP

Was it the church who carried the baby for 9 months? or does the child bear the Churchs last name?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by EfemenaXY: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
jidegirl12:

It's not 'only' if you know how much my salary is; another family's salary worth,

and talk bout mortgage in general .... is as low as $200 biweekly and as high as $4k/month grin anybody that works can afford a mortgage ...it's no big deal undecided

It's £1000 per month for under 1's.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
jidegirl12:

its not about flexing muscle just trying to make a point
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Efemena_xy:

It's £1000 per month for under 1's.

Lol.... Well we get a whole year for mat leave in Canada, so I have no idea what the rates are for under 1yr here undecided
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by smartmom(f): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
chaircover: I saw this in one of the crèches i visited in abuja . . . . . approx 8 kids plus teacher all sleeping.

Sleeping so deeply that when we jumped over them to get to the other side of the room not one of those kids stirred.

One was coughing so badly, you would have thought the kid will wake from the coughing but he didn't.

They were all sedated abi? shocked angry and I guess the parents have not noticed anything odd with their kids? its evil and oooh am too riled to continue reading this.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by CrazyMan(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
coldgate: Thanks Nlders. After reading your comments, I began to ask myself the same Questions. I have also arrived at a conclusion.I would get my children outa there ASAP!. There truly shouldn't be any compromise where children are concerned. I totally agree that I am being sentimental because my church is involved. I will take my children away first, then I will offer my explanations to the 'Mummy' later.
You don't owe her any explanation, the child is yours, and I believe its right for you to remove you child from any creche, should you notice that their services are below average.

I believe she (your pastor's wife) should be the one to explain why she lied to you that your child was in safe hands, whereas she endangered your child by keeping him under the care of a 15 year old...I believe that wasn't the agreement you had with her when you entrusted your child in her care, so you must confront her and make it clear to her that she has betrayed the trust you had in her.

I said this earlier, and I would say it again...you don't owe her any explanation, she owes you an apology...

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
She does owe her apology.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Mowire: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2012
Madam OP. This issue shouldn't come to NL! What's in taking a simple fundamental, but critical, decision?
Where's your hubby in this? (he could've decided since you can't).
Soon ppl will seek NLders' advice on whether to let their infants crawl to main road!

--I don't mean to be insultive--
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Johndoe100(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2012
@OP
Please, Please make sure that you speak to the pastors wife before you move your child. Taking advise from unbelievers is the worst thing you can do. This thread really should have been in the religion section where you would have received enlightened advise from believers. You are right to be worried, but the solution is knowledge, this you can only get by asking questions from the young girl and your pastors wife directly.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by slimyem: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2012
Johndoe100: @OP
Please, Please make sure that you speak to the pastors wife before you move your child. Taking advise from unbelievers is the worst thing you can do. This thread really should have been in the religion section where you would have received enlightened advise from believers. You are right to be worried, but the solution is knowledge, this you can only get by asking questions from the young girl and your pastors wife directly.

You never dissapoint with your satirical posts..
So all the peeps that have given her advice here are unbelievers and the posters in the religious section are believers?
...and none of the advice on this thread are enlightened enough and has addressed the issue and proferred useful solutions/steps the op should take?
Hmmn...
So much wisdom in your posts to marvel at.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Johndoe100(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2012
===singing====

"If the cap fits.....let them weeeaarrr iittttt"

slimyem: You never dissapoint with your satirical posts..
So all the peeps that have given her advice here are unbelievers and the posters in the religious section are believers?
...and none of the advice on this thread are enlightened enough and has addressed the issue and proferred useful solutions/steps the op should take?
Hmmn...
So much wisdom in your posts to marvel at.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2012
Madam CC Guilt ke? You don't know our Nigerian "Christains". Instead she will do "thanksgiving" that it wasn't her child.
It seems just be a pastor now and murder people Nigerian "Christains" will be ready to beat up the policeman who "dares" to arrest you. It is that bad, pastor and mummy can do no wrong, if it was another day care will madam even be here?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Richvkunt: Religion certainly is the opium of the people. Where religion is concerned,reason takes flight.
So because you do not want to offend Mrs Pastor,you are willing to put your kidfs in danger?
The mind boogles.
This is why I feel women should be FULL time house wives!

LOL grin
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by EfemenaXY: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
Richvkunt: Religion certainly is the opium of the people. Where religion is concerned,reason takes flight.
So because you do not want to offend Mrs Pastor,you are willing to put your kidfs in danger?
The mind boogles.
This is why I feel women should be FULL time house wives!

On point Richy!

You know, it's just pathetic - the mentality of Nigerians when it comes to religion. They loose the capacity to think like normal, free humans and become zombies or lambs destined for the slaughter house.

And I mean slaughter house. Last night I watched a documentary about the fanatical "pastor" of Peoples Temple Church - Jim Jones.

To cut a long story short, this guy actually got 914 of his members en-mass to commit suicide by drinking poison. Now this happened way back in '78. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

I bet many of those who survived the ordeal are confirmed atheists (and rightly so). In my opinion, nothing's changed since then...as far as Nigerians are concerned. Afterall, their "pastors" are all-seeing and omnipotent!

Don't get me wrong, religion is good but not to the point where you loose all your thinking faculties or the ability to make basic, common-sense decisions.

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efe I watched that documentary on CNN 2 years ago with the recorded voices of how the children are dying one by one and how the members are still convinced that this is the right thing to do.

and I think if I my memories served me right undecided I attended 3 sessions of counselling before I could let go of that memory, very very disturbing!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
Johndoe100: @OP

And what advice will they give jare ? ;

Oh... talk to Mummy first before you take any action so you don't hurt her feelings and then band their points with a bible verse?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by gennym(f): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Must u add sentiments,into the quality of care ur child gets when u are comfortable considering you work in an investment firm.

put your child where u ll hold them liable for any harm that comes to your child while in their care. when the kid grows up put him in kiddies church
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Airpure(f): 3:36am On Nov 22, 2012
Op please find a better creche for ur child, leaving ur child there is not fair on that child I always say when u bring a child into dis world u owe it to that child to protect n give the child ur BEST, yea most churches try to run creche these days. N lure people in with their low prices . My friend took her son to one run by her church with nuns in charge but took him out under 2 weeks cos he got bad diaper rash the women employed stole his diapers n never change his all day.She knew cos one day she marked d one he left home with n that was same one he came back with. The 4 extra she put in his bag were missing. Pls pastor wife does not make her a caregive never compromise when it comes to ur child.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Busybody2(f): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
tpia1: Madam, remove your child if you're not comfortable with her care, and stop slandering people and running mouth on nl.

Are you being forced to keep your child in that particular place?

All these witchcraft spirit out to destroy the church. undecided

Hehehe, trust you to keep on keeping it real cheesy

@ Topic

It ain't even a Church thing but an "agbalagba" (older person) thing that is common amongst Nigerians, even here too. Some bonafide certified Babysitters who charge around £200/week are fond of employing unqualified illegal immigrants who they give £10 or leave their own teenage kids in charge of children whilst they go about on other errands, and when some of these parents starts moaning, i ask why they can't call the Babysitter to order, and their various responses ranges from "how can we tell off an older woman" to "well my own child is 7 years old and should be safe i just feel sorry for the baby left in the corner..."

And whats the alternative, so-called accreditated also certified nurseries which caters for aged 3 months to 5 years, whereby they charge £250/week yet all you need to work there is 3 GCSE's and no experience of childcare, and a few weeks on-the-job training, voila, hence such places are filled with bored 18 years old Nursery nurses who can barely look after themselves and are bored outta their brains using such setting as a springboard until they get a better paying job, hence reason for high staff turnovers. Same thing in America, where all you need is a high school diploma or associate degree to work in a pre-school setting, and not even all the States require them to be experienced in childcare or undergo any on-the-job training.

He is there 8am - 6pm, during settling in, when i was going through their daily routine thinking my poor baby is gonna be overworked daily, i got out my note and started jotting down

8am-9am: Breakfast
9am-9.45am: play in the garden with sand, swings and slides
9.45-10am: tidy up time
10am-10.45am: Indoor play/sing nursery rhymes
10.45-11am: tidy up time
11am-11.30am : snacktime
and then more play/then lunch/then 4 hours sleep shocked/then more play/them snacks time/then more play/then tidy up :-/

And as for their syllabus nko, I was looking forward to that one thinking it would cheer me up, and when I got the paperwork that my son would be doing English, Mathematics, Science, Food Technology, etcetera, I nearly went to enrol my one year old at Harvard and Cambridge University and there was me thinking i have a genius on my hand, until i discovered that Mathematics involved learning how to identify a triangle, Food Tech involved learning how to make one slice of toast, Science had something to do with playing with sand, jeez, and this is all they do in the year, huh, i have never seen the hair on the back of my head bristle and stand up with such annoyance before, and this is what i pay £45/day for angry

As for the staffs, hmmm,

During the last day of my son's settling-in session where parents have to sit in with their children to see if they would not act clingy and cry, cos if thy refuse to settle and cry, you are on your own and would have to find another nursery cos no nursery is ready to take a crying child that would disturb the other kids and make them cry too

Day one - my son was eating with the rest at a table, and some burly looking eastern European agbaya toddler started kicking my son under the table, and after a few minutes my son couldn't take it anymore he stood up, and some silly member of staff told him to sit down to finish his meal, and i had to alert them to the real reason why he stood up angry

Day two:
A shortwhile after we got there, i saw a kid A try to snatch a toy off another kid B, kid B refused, kid A just sank his teeth into kid B's arm, and kid B smacked kid A, a staff member "woke up" at that stage and loudly tells kid B off for smacking and takes him to a corner of the room to give him timeout, I was so livid and yelled "excuse me, you might wanna check kid B's forearm to make sure their is no open wound from the bite inflicted by kid A which was why he lashed out in defence" and their face fell and they didn't know where to look.

Day 3: I saw this cute lil girl picking up discarded chewing gum on the floor with her teeth, with her butt sticking out in the air in this cute funny way shocked

Day 4:
My son came home with a small wound/mark on his forehead cry

Gosh, i don't even wanna get started on the numerous exotic infectious illnesses they come home with everytime cry

The message from the male dominated world of Government/Governance is loud and clear, "WOMEN YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL"... angry So i have resigned myself to close my eyes to whatever it is my pickin is going through whilst he is at nursery and have intensified my search for a nursery where they have CCTV's whereby parents can log online anywhere in the world to see their children, yet the ones i have seen are miles away cry

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by debosky(m): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
Na wa oh. . . .some parents are grooming thugs at an early age! cheesy

Just move in with me B_B, I know a nursery with cctv and the works just down the road. wink

You'll just have to be lolo #2 after Jenny K. tongue
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / Beware! Sunatu Bush Where Male Youths Rape Students (video Of Victims) / Rape and its causes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.