Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (29656 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 26, 2012
stine b: If you are a born again christian, the first thing you should do is to pray and seek from God about any decision,rather than requesting answers from Nairalanders,were you will mostly get Ungodly advise from fools(Those who dont know God) and careless talkers.Nairaland is not synonymous with good suggestions when it concerns spiritual matters,because of their negative mindset about anything that relates to church and pastors. Lets be careful here because alot of demons are invading social medias to topple christians faith. Please ignore their ignorance and seek answer from Almighty God, and he will surely direct you. Refer to Psalm 1:1, 1 corinthians 15:33
Remain Blessed.

Long live all sincere and objective Nairalanders.

You're the type who gives Christianity a bad name! A situation that calls for common sense you said she should go and pray....hisss. God has already called her attention to the danger her children are in my giving her a discerning spirit to pick up on the irregularities. Now it is up to her to use her God given sense and remove her children from danger. God gave us a brain for a reason but people like you should just donate yours since you obviously do not use it....hiss
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by rohzey(f): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2012
kuntash: Just imagine the manner the RCCG sounded as if thats the aim of your write up, I somewhat see this post as a way of terming the entire RCCG as a negligent entity.

why not simply put heading as " Having issues with Creche- Nailanders pls advice"

In my thinking, I dont know if u really need advice, if ur pikin no go toilet or eat, come nairaland and seek advice, ok?

yeye dey smell. so annoying

God bless u for me jare for ur comment. She talk as if d problem is between her and RCCG and not wit her pastor's wife. Does she wants nairalanders to go and fight RCCG?
YEYE NONSENCE!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Kemzy4real(f): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2012
Just take Good Care of your Children
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Dee60: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2012
RCCG is such a large church with several branches and some branches indeed run creches. While I am not taking brief for RCCG I think it is most unfair to use the standard in one creche run by one branch to invite aspersions to the entire church.

These days people just find the easiest opportunity to throw abuses on church organizations. A member of that church should not be encouraging that. It is like throwing stones at your own house. And I think there would be some brilliant creches run by RCCG branches, even if you consider that your creche is not meeting your expectation.

Anyway, please ask yourself what you want in a creche and if the one you have is not meeting up there are options to consider. First, make your observations and complaints known to the person running it or second option - move your child. You will be doing good to that creche if you make your complaints known before you move the child. That can also give you the chance to hear the other side of the story. Maybe the parents are not paying up, for instance, and the runner had to start to manage her time better.

Check well before you move, so you are not running from 'frying pan' to 'fire'. So creches are big and established but you wont have that luxury of calling the manager everyday asking questions on every little detail.

Its your choice at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by stineb1: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2012
tatiana009:

You're the type who gives Christianity a bad name! A situation that calls for common sense you said she should go and pray....hisss. God has already called her attention to the danger her children are in my giving her a discerning spirit to pick up on the irregularities. Now it is up to her to use her God given sense and remove her children from danger. God gave us a brain for a reason but people like you should just donate yours since you obviously do not use it....hiss

By giving my own biblically based opinión,you accuse me of giving christians a bad name! However, i am not perturbed by your statement. If you are a true christian,you will agree with me that ín this end times, our common senses you talked about are even polluted, because our Faith is now being choked up with sights and common sense(Popular demand)
But we all need to be spiritually sensitive in all matters, no matter how small it may seem,ensure to enquire from God on the Way out or else the devil will give you a common sense solution that may appear wise ínitially, but at the end it will turn out a regret.
Refer to Exodus 18:15
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by lozanni(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2012
Please move your baby to another Creche fast !!!

I had a similar experience with my son, where the Creche were always pretending to be good at taking care of babies, but in one's absence, your baby will be left to wallow in his own poo !!! My wife actually found out about this when it happened to our son and we changed Creche immediately for our boy.

If my own case does not convince you to act, then read about the case of Jessica Tata (a Nigerian-American), a child care giver in Texas, USA, who has just been handed an 80 years sentence for leaving babies in a Creche all alone and strolling to a Store to buy Groceries. In her absence, a Fire broke out which left 3 children dead and many more injured. Jessica is 24 years, while in your own Creche, a 15 year old girl is in charge angry
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
debrief08: For where Richy, I avoid most "church" things like a plague, you can't ask questions or demand standards, I stick to old churches where Pastors and their wives are not gods who can't be touched or queried.
I give my best at work and demand the same whenever I am paying for a service. I don't play with my kids at all, I take time to go through things I need to and will never compromise their safety. For a mother whose child is at risk to be reluctant to act because it is "church" hurts me so much.
I am very rational and not carried away by cheap sentiments.I am regarded as "anti christ" in my office because I refused to approve "office feloowship" so people who have been paid to work will use work time to be praying and preaching. Do your religion at your own time, don't bring it and impose it on others, the only time I want to know if you are a christain or moslem is when you see office money and resist the temptation to steal and embezzle, the people who want to do fellowship are the same ones cursing you for not allowing them chop money. Forgive my digression Christainity these days hurts me abeg

So much hypocrisy!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Employing a 15 yr old is illegal and child abuse in d first place. The pastor's wife most likely is one of those wicked employers who doesnt like paying her employing well. That is why she is finding it difficult getting new adult staff and she resort to child abuse.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Dee60: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
If this is truly coming from a mother, wouldn't she pay a surprise visit to the creche during the day to find out what's really happening? Would you get advice on how to be a true mother in NL?

Stop dragging the name of RCCG in the mud, and stop making unfounded indirect claims about pastors!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Dee60: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
7COLOURS: I AM ALSO A MEMBER OF RCCG AND BASED ON THIS, I DECIDED TO PUT MY THREE MONTHS OLD BABY IN A CRECHE OF THE CHURCH THOUGH NOT SAME BRANCH THINKING WE'LL GET THE BEST FROM THEM AND ALSO WITH THE FACT THAT IT IS BEEN RUN BY A CHURCH. NOT UP TO 2 MONTHS MY SON STARTED ATTENDING THIS CRECHE HE TOOK ILL, STOOLING, VOMITTING, ALWAYS WEAK, SLEEPING AND HAVING CATARRH.) THE SURPRISING THING IS THAT MY BABY DOESN'T SLEEP THE WAY HE DOES IN CRECHE ON WEEKENDS. WHEN I CHALLENGED THEM THEY DENIED GIVING THEM SLEEPING DRUGS BUT AFTER TIPING ONE OF THEM WITH MONEY, SHE TOLD ME THE TRUTH. I BECAME VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THEIR SERVICE THUS I DECIDED TO PAY THEM A SURPRISE VISIT. I MET MY INNOCENT BABY CRYING ON THE BED AND PUTTING ON A WET CLOTH, ONE OF THEM SAID TO MY BABY NOT KNOWING I WAS CLOSE TO THE DOOR "CONTINUE TO CRY O, I DID NOT SEND UR MOTHER TO WORK" THIS IS A BABY THAT HAS BEEN ON ADMISSION AND HAS COLD. I REPORTED THE ISSUE TO THE SCHOOL AUTHORITY AND NOTHING MEANINGFUL WAS DONE INSTEAD THE CARETAKERS ON DUTY THAT DAY STARTED KEEPING MALICE WITH ME. TWO DAYS AFTER I WITHDREW MY CHILD FROM THERE AND THE COMPLAIN HAS BEEN ON THE HIGH SIDE FROM PARENTS THERAFTER.
MY CHILD ATTENDS ANOTHER CRECHE NOW AND THEY ARE REALLY TRYING. FUNNY ENOUGH THE MONEY WASN'T EVEN UP TO WHAT I USE TO PAY WHILE PATRONISING RCCG. PLEASE TAKE YOUR CHILD AWAY FROM THERE IMMEDIATELY. MIND YOU, THERE ARE DEMONS IN HUMAN'S CLOTHING IN CHURCHES OF TODAY. THE SO-CALLED CARETAKERS IN MY BABY'S FORMER CRECHE (RCCG) ARE WORKERS IN THE CHURCH. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Is the creche owned by RCCG or owned by some church members? If owned by RCCG, as a member of RCCG suggest you try and report to RCCG authorities so they may take appropriate action. The church would have its standards and may just be that the people there are doing something wrong.

It is good that you made a surprise visit. That is what a true mother will do. It is also true that there are wolves everywhere, wherever you find human beings. Even in the new place, you still need to make surprise visits so you dont get surprised. Personally, I do not see all this as a problem of the church but a problem of a generally corrupt people (naijas).

3 Likes

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by AroComputerCe(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
No emotion or religion should be involved on issues like this. My candid advice is to quickly take ur children to safer environment conducive for learning.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by prince0011: 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2012
My family is based in Canada with 3 kids. First off, each month we cough out around 5K dollars in daycare cost - 1 kid in kindergarten who only requires before and after care, 1 kid in pre-school and the youngest in the toddler room. Given the level of sophistication, regulation, really nice area we live in with people's house hold family income over 100,000 dollars..... We still find it extermely difficult not to have certain complaints about the care given to our kids from time-to-time which ofcourse has been elaborated upon in this thread not to repeat myself.

Lately, i have heard of the slew of daycare centres springing up around Nigeria and I just wonder how unregulated this industry will be and the nightmare this will cause parents/guardians. How can this industry be investigated so things are corrected before a disaster happens. I'll also like to know the cost of daycare in Nigeria, if anyone is kind enough post such info on this thread.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tucker12(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
My dear 1 advice, Go and get a new creche very quickly. Look that should be one area in your life you should not compromise with
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia1: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2012
overseas, parents are advised to keep the child at home if s/he has a cold, runny nose, etc.

they actually post notices on the door to that effect.

not saying 7colours is not right in her analysis, but at the same time, why is it a problem for men or women to spend more time at home with their young kids?

at least your mind will be at peace knowing you're the one looking after your child.

also, if, after bribing somebody, she told you they were drugging your child, why did you still leave your kid there? Even while sick.

just wondering.

and well, since you've complained to the school, hopefully something will be done about your observations?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Rooneyboy(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ poster , pls keep worshiping mommy at the expense of ur child's well being.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Rooneyboy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill: When it comes to buying shoes, we are so selective and conscientious about it. To make sure it is just the right fit, we try it on over and over and over again, check it out from the left, check it from the right, check it out on tippy toes, check it out using a back mirror before paying for it and if, when we get home, we try it on again and notice it gives us a tiny pinch. . .we return it without a second thought. But it comes to Churches and the decisions we make when it concerns our papas, mama, mommies and daddies we hesitate even if it a matter of life and death.

The first day you got to the daycare and saw a teenager should have been the day you got to the bottom of it...No IF or BUT about it. Ideally, It is not even all the Adults who apply for jobs at daycare centers are hired because some aren't capable of the doing the tasks required of them. . .not to talk of a teenager. I don't know how many people have been to a daycare center at time other than nap time. . .it is a MAD HOUSE!!!

One child is spilling milk here, another is child is trying to lick it off the floor, yet another is trying to snatch the littler baby's bottle, one has dropped his cookie and wailing because it's what is soothing his hurting gums and the baby that just wants to be held all day is crying because you have put her down to check up on the other two fighting over the barney teddy bear that belongs to the little boy standing in the corner because he is shy for pooping in his diaper.

These are the things one deals with at a daycare center and if you don't have the psychological makeup to remain calm in the middle of chaos, you can lose it. This is also why the law requires that a certain number of children require so so number of teachers and nowhere in that equation does a teenager under 18 comes in. How is that girl gonna handle multiple crying babies?

Does she understand the importance of cleanliness? That you can't go from wiping one child's bum to feeding another without washing your hand? Yeah it sounds like something that should be common sense but in the middle of chaos, one tends to lose all rationality and taking your time to wash your hand properly when a child is seriously crying her eyes out just seems silly. All your thoughts are geared towards picking that child up and stop the crying. If many adults aren't capable of remaining calm, what do we expect a teenager to?

What about first aid? A child sees a small object on the floor, picks it up, throws it in her mouth and starts choking. . .what does the teenager do? Does she even know there are certain things that shouldn't be in the vicinity of a child. . .enough to quickly get rid of such things as soon as she sees it?!!

Everything I mentioned here is just a teeny tiny aspect of the entire task oh.

Honestly, If people really understood what it means to care for a child, they will know that not just anybody will do. undecided
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by rhymz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2012
stine b:

By giving my own biblically based opinión,you accuse me of giving christians a bad name! However, i am not perturbed by your statement. If you are a true christian,you will agree with me that ín this end times, our common senses you talked about are even polluted, because our Faith is now being choked up with sights and common sense(Popular demand)
But we all need to be spiritually sensitive in all matters, no matter how small it may seem,ensure to enquire from God on the Way out or else the devil will give you a common sense solution that may appear wise ínitially, but at the end it will turn out a regret.
Refer to Exodus 18:15
Obviously, you are advocating for christianity without common sense. People like you are the reasons I no longer believe in the christian god or the theology it preaches. It is as if one has to be incredibly stupid to be a "good christian", spirituality to people like you means that you should leave your brains in the hands of your pastors and MOGs. I will be the last person to follow any religious dogma or practice that is irreconcilable with common sense or makes you less human. If having faith means being incredibly stoopid and illogical even in the face of damning evidence then let faith or whatever it is called these days burn into oblivion for all I care.

If you had any sense in the way you practice your christianity, you would understand the maxim that says; "heaven helps those that help themselves", don't let stooopid religious piety and allegiance fool you to the point of making irrational statements and trying to use the bible-rife with illogical conclusions and accounts-to back up your stand.

Gone are the days when religious mongers like you spread falsities and outrightly flawed religious dogma to silence people into asking questions, if there is something wrong with the way anything is done, common sense demands that you ask quetions, inquire and take actions if neccessary regardless of whose ox gored so long as it is the right thing. Just because it is your favourite pastor, church, religion, tribe or race committing a crime or undermining a process does not mean you should not do the right thing. There is something wrong and immoral if one can easily become soft and unconcerned with issues all because the perpetrator is sb or sth that is your favourite. Blind and dishonest allegiance is the bane of this country, people flipping out pages of their religious holy book as standards that everyone else must follow regardless of common sense.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 30, 2013
Patronized RCCG creche too, they keep changing hands! One thing I discovered about the parish I patronized is that the church is not really monitoring their activities, it's run through a coordinator who is always too busy to see to the affairs of the creche. They care more for kids whose mums bribe them(had to do that too)! Now, I have a maid who is never alone with my kid. I drop them both off at my office' reception in the morning, pick them up in the evening at the close of work. I feel more relaxed now because these baby care giving outlets are not reliable. Today you have a kind hearted nanny, tomorrow she's gone, they hire a new one that doesn't suit your taste.
It's not peculiar to RCCG though.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
coldgate: Thanks Nlders. After reading your comments, I began to ask myself the same Questions. I have also arrived at a conclusion.I would get my children outa there ASAP!. There truly shouldn't be any compromise where children are concerned. I totally agree that I am being sentimental because my church is involved. I will take my children away first, then I will offer my explanations to the 'Mummy' later.

Madam, what about other people's children there? Don't you owe them a duty of care? It's your duty to speak out , not just take YOUR Child away. or is it when some other child gets hurt, you'll say to yourself Thank God it wasn't mine? Yet you knew something was not quite right! Na wa! What happened to being your brothers keeper? Or is the PASTORS WIFE's feelings more important than the safety of the children?

1 Like

Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia5: 2:42am On Jun 16, 2013
Dee60: If this is truly coming from a mother, wouldn't she pay a surprise visit to the creche during the day to find out what's really happening? Would you get advice on how to be a true mother in NL?

Stop dragging the name of RCCG in the mud, and stop making unfounded indirect claims about pastors!

@ bolded

i suppose so!
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by biolabee(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2013
What practical way can one do this without opening himself to lawsuits or ostracisation

MsSantaClaus:

Madam, what about other people's children there? Don't you owe them a duty of care? It's your duty to speak out , not just take YOUR Child away. or is it when some other child gets hurt, you'll say to yourself Thank God it wasn't mine? Yet you knew something was not quite right! Na wa! What happened to being your brothers keeper? Or is the PASTORS WIFE's feelings more important than the safety of the children?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:57am On Jun 22, 2013
biolabee: What practical way can one do this without opening himself to lawsuits or ostracisation

Lawsuit and ostracization by whom? I'm talking about reckless endangerment of babies. Should whether or not you'll be ostracized or sued be an issue in saving lives? Or do we wait till something bad happens? What will your feelings be then? Or we will wait for a situation such as Jesssica Tata's to happen? http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/26/jessica-tata-nigerian-child-care-owner-in-usa-jailed-for-80-years-over-death-of-a-toddler-in-fire-breakout/
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by biolabee(m): 7:05am On Jun 22, 2013
You dont get tHe q

After i remove the baby, you suggested she gets other babies out...i said what is a practical way to do this

MsSantaClaus:

Lawsuit and ostracization by whom? I'm talking about reckless endangerment of babies. Should whether or not you'll be ostracized or sued be an issue in saving lives? Or do we wait till something bad happens? What will your feelings be then? Or we will wait for a situation such as Jesssica Tata's to happen? http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/26/jessica-tata-nigerian-child-care-owner-in-usa-jailed-for-80-years-over-death-of-a-toddler-in-fire-breakout/
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by WFE(m): 7:53am On Jun 22, 2013
@OP - is this about the creche or the church? Is your intention to gather stones for people whose favourite pass time is throwing stones at anything remotely associated with God.

There are 'millions' of creches all over the world with the same issues, you could have made your point without the 'church controversy'.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
biolabee: You dont get tHe q

After i remove the baby, you suggested she gets other babies out...i said what is a practical way to do this

Maybe I didn't quite get you, but I mean the crèche should be exposed for bad practices. She can report to the church authorities with her findings first of all.after all from what I can see on this thread, it is obvious a lot of people assume the crèche belongs to the church. It therefore gives the church a bad name. Either the church publicly disassociates themselves from the ownership of the crèche or they call the real owner to order. If she wants to remain anonymous, she can report to a regulatory body. This is a school, and as such should be regulated by the education board I think.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia5: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
^madam, why do you keep bumping the thread on saturdays, you be witch wey dey go church on sunday?
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia5: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
you bumped the thread on june 15 [saturday]

you showed up again today, june 22 [saturday] to again rebump it.

you were on nairaland june 19, june 20, june 21, june 16 etc etc [like, you post everyday], yet you didnt post on this thread, you reserve your posting here for saturdays, it seems.

why is that.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by biolabee(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Maybe I didn't quite get you, but I mean the crèche should be exposed for bad practices. She can report to the church authorities with her findings first of all.after all from what I can see on this thread, it is obvious a lot of people assume the crèche belongs to the church. It therefore gives the church a bad name. Either the church publicly disassociates themselves from the ownership of the crèche or they call the real owner to order. If she wants to remain anonymous, she can report to a regulatory body. This is a school, and as such should be regulated by the education board I think.

hmmm,,,,, not as easy as it sounds
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia5: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
k'olorun ma so wa.
Re: A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche by tpia5: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
WFE: @OP - is this about the creche or the church? Is your intention to gather stones for people whose favourite pass time is throwing stones at anything remotely associated with God.

There are 'millions' of creches all over the world with the same issues, you could have made your point without the 'church controversy'.

what would be even better is if she finds time to drop in and check on her child regularly while its at the creche.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / I Feel Hatred Towards My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.