Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem (26960 Views)

Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? / How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature / Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2012
I use a bold 9930 with Glo BIS. But each time I try turning on my Mobile Hotspot, its keeps showing this message "to use this feature, contact your service provider....".

I've called Glo customer care several times and the people that picked my calls seemed not to know what I was on about.

I know there are lots threads on this topic already but none of them has mentioned how they got their's activated.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help me out on this. Thanks
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
To activate the hotspot feature on your phone with GLO,you need to buy a data bundle. But if AIRTEL was your service provider, you do not need any extra data bundle.
What device are you attempting to connect to?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
my tablet. i used my sister's android phone and it connnected without any problem, only problem was that there wasnt enough data bundle in her phone so i couldnt connect my tablet to the internet with it.

my major challenge is getting my mobile hotstop turned on first of all. Getting a data bundle after that wont be an issue. It still showed the same message when i used my friend's airtel line.

do u think there's something i havnt done?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
I just tried turning my hotspot on my 9900 I also use GLO, it came on with ease. So probably its a fault from your device. All I did was going to the network screen and putting a tick in the hotspot box, which also enables the wifi box with a tick.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2012
cry cry awwww that's sad. i just got this phone less than a week ago. its sad to know i cant use the app which is one of the reasons i got it
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 6:13am On Nov 21, 2012
Try a firmware update, it might cure it.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Tried......didnt work. Thanks for helping though. Appreciate much
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
i just found the solution to it. Glo does not support the feature on a blackberry (my blackberry, since u said urs worked). i used a friend's Airtel line and then i went to the device options and put in Airtel APN, username and password. It worked perfectly as i was able to connect my tablet to the internet on one touch.... and the speed was like ..... shocked shocked

Thanks Lexusgs430. i owe more than one... kiss
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2012
anitank: i just found the solution to it. Glo does not support the feature on a blackberry (my blackberry, since u said urs worked). i used a friend's Airtel line and then i went to the device options and put in Airtel APN, username and password. It worked perfectly as i was able to connect my tablet to the internet on one touch.... and the speed was like ..... shocked shocked

Anitank Hotspotting, tablet is now on fire. Airtel is your best option, cos you do not need any bundle packages. Enjoy the tablet and when your finger starts hurting from excessive finger pushing, take a tablet(panadol) !!!!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by ekundayomi: 2:05am On Nov 23, 2012
Please I use blackberry 9790 on a mtn network. What's the Apn name , user name and password. I connnected my fone to my laptop it connected but its not browsing.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by walcolm(m): 6:05am On Nov 23, 2012
anitank: i just found the solution to it. Glo does not support the feature on a blackberry (my blackberry, since u said urs worked). i used a friend's Airtel line and then i went to the device options and put in Airtel APN, username and password. It worked perfectly as i was able to connect my tablet to the internet on one touch.... and the speed was like ..... shocked shocked

and when you put your glo sim back into your BB, was the hotspot still working?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
ekundayomi: Please I use blackberry 9790 on a mtn network. What's the Apn name , user name and password. I connnected my fone to my laptop it connected but its not browsing.
mtn APN should be web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, username:web, passwword:web. But i doubt if its goint to browse because mtn bis does not support hotspotting, other android fones could work with mtn tho
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
walcolm:

and when you put your glo sim back into your BB, was the hotspot still working?
No. it would ask me to contact my service provider
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by niggaman(m): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2012
Just curious, if i activate an airtel bis plan on bb fone and after activation i now transfer the sim to an andriod fone wit wifi hotspot capabilities, can i connect my tablet and wld it work? I use a torch1 and it does not have wifi hotspot feature.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
niggaman: Just curious, if i activate an airtel bis plan on bb fone and after activation i now transfer the sim to an andriod fone wit wifi hotspot capabilities, can i connect my tablet and wld it work? I use a torch1 and it does not have wifi hotspot feature.

Yes it can (1gb allowance). You can connect your Android device with a hotspot function to a wifi enabled tablet.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by niggaman(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
Alrite, thks
Lexusgs430:

Yes it can (1gb allowance). You can connect your Android device with a hotspot function to a wifi enabled tablet.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by walcolm(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2012
anitank:
No. it would ask me to contact my service provider

Anitank,

hotspotting is enabled on the airtel BIS, no APN settings necessary, just plug and play. you dont even have to subscribe to BIS with your simcard in a BB device. just put your airtel sim in any android, iphone, ipad or phablet of your choice and send short code to the appropriate number

mobile hotspotting is also enabled on the Etisalat network but just not on the BIS. you need to subscribe to regular data plan to use that feature. i have used it on Etisalat so i know that for a fact, the Etisalat network allows it. if you don't have a data plan and you enable it, your airtime credit will suffer
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by hagma37yahoocom: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2012
Pls i want to browse and use itunes on my ipod touch. Pls fellas how do i go about this considering its only wifi enable. I am using nokia E5 (glo network).
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by walcolm(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:
Pls i want to browse and use itunes on my ipod touch. Pls fellas how do i go about this considering its only wifi enable. I am using nokia E5 (glo network).

cheesy ROTF...Nokia E5? are you for real?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by skillsbaba(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have curve 9360 OS 7.1. How do I connect my PSP to use it as hotspot (MTN line)
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by lowee: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
Has anyone tried BlackBerry from visafone? The speed is amazing. I use it as mobile hotspot and streaming. I am absolutely satisfied with the service and i recommend it for anyone that cares about QoS.
I even used it on the GSM network and it worked perfectly.
Just last week, i streamed a full match and that consumed less than 500MB. This is BlackBerry redefined.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Blackberry from visafone? how does that work
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by kolnel: 7:11am On Dec 30, 2012
Pls guys what's the best way to connect my BB wifi in order to use the BB free voice call. Can I connect thru a Samsung galaxy.
Thanks.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2012
kolnel: Pls guys what's the best way to connect my BB wifi in order to use the BB free voice call. Can I connect thru a Samsung galaxy.
Thanks.

You will need to connect your phone to a 3rd party wifi source. ie if you use a bold 5 that is hotspot enabled, switching the hotspot on through the bold 5 does not work, you will need another hotspot enabled device and pair your bold 5 to enable you use bb voice calls.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2012
kolnel: Pls guys what's the best way to connect my BB wifi in order to use the BB free voice call. Can I connect thru a Samsung galaxy.
Thanks.

-You will need to connect your phone to a 3rd party wifi source. ie if you use a bold 5 that is hotspot enabled, switching the hotspot on through the bold 5 does not work, you will need another hotspot enabled device and pair your bold 5 to enable you use bb voice calls.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by kolnel: 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
@lexusgs430,
Thanks.
Then It means that I can connect my torch BB to a bold 5 wifi and use it for BB Voice call?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
kolnel: @lexusgs430,
Thanks.
Then It means that I can connect my torch BB to a bold 5 wifi and use it for BB Voice call?

Yes. You can connect your 9810 to a 9900's hotspot, and use the hotspot feature on the 9900 to make bb voice calls.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by anitank(f): 1:25am On Dec 31, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Yes. You can connect your 9810 to a 9900's hotspot, and use the hotspot feature on the 9900 to make bb voice calls.
What a long thing!
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2012
anitank:
What a long thing!
What other options are available without a stand-alone router?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by kolnel: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2013
@lexusgs430
Thanks so much.
Got it working. The bbm voice chat is quite marvellous can't wait for the bbm 10 with the video chat.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
kolnel: @lexusgs430
Thanks so much.
Got it working. The bbm voice chat is quite marvellous can't wait for the bbm 10 with the video chat.

With a blackberry playbook, you can make video calls to all your contacts on Msn, yahoo and fellow playbookers.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by viruz007(m): 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
u can use ur android device as ur mobile wi-fi router too if u wanna make bb voice calls or use wireless router software for ur laptop which will turn ur laptop to a router which u can connect ur bb to to make the voice chat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming / Annoying BBM Updates / Top 10 Android Browsers 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.