Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (21220 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse??? / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by 2scorehigh(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
For the men, how long can you wait before seeking other options if your wife is unable to conceive after marriage? Which options will you take? Take a second wife? Try to have a child outside wedlock? Seek adoption...?

As for the ladies, how long do you think you can wait after marriage before you start getting worried? Will you pressurize your husband or support him to seek some of these other options? What exactly will you do?
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by k2039: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
We must have been cleared medicaly to be medicaly fit,so adoption may just be the option for us while we wait.

6 years

5 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Mynd44: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
If/when I marry, it will be because I love that woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It will be because I could not near to go a day without seeing her face, can't eat without hearing her voice and not be able to sleep without her in the same bed not because of kids.

If I wanted kids, I could as well stay unmarried and knock up the first girl I see.

Cheers

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by inwangobio(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
I have waited a few years now, i will continue to wait because my marriage wasn't primarily for children but for companionship and that i have been enjoying. However, 'i will wait till my change come', my change comes from the LORD, whatever it takes, i will wait, so no time limit by God's grace.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
until we know we can afford one and we will be able to nurture that child in the best possible way. we can give the child the attention required.
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tetemu: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2012
inwangobio: I have waited a few years now, i will continue to wait because my marriage wasn't primarily for children but for companionship and that i have been enjoying. However, 'i will wait till my change come', my change comes from the LORD, whatever it takes, i will wait, so no time limit by God's grace.
by his Grace ur change will surly come.

31 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tonym1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
UNTIL GOD TIME, HE WILL DO IT AT THE APPOINTED TIME

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
I wont marry just because of kids. I will marry because i love her.
I also believe there is nothing wrong with adopting a kid. Now this is my point of view and i know most nigerians wont agree but its still a free world.

10 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Clerverly: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
Six months at most, then i will remarry tongue
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by jigawatts(m): 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
inwangobio: I have waited a few years now, i will continue to wait because my marriage wasn't primarily for children but for companionship and that i have been enjoying. However, 'i will wait till my change come', my change comes from the LORD, whatever it takes, i will wait, so no time limit by God's grace.

God will answer ur prayers..... Keep up the faith smiley

14 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by bright007(f): 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
...For God sake..what has happened to testing before marriage?...No pregnancy,No marriage

6 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
10yrs then adoption.

3 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
I attended a friend's Aunt's child dedication and 10th marriage anniversary last month. The couple waited 10 years before they were blessed with a baby. There's nothing God cannot do. The baby's name is Kaodilinyechukwu smiley

7 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Dozzy3(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
2scorehigh: For the men, how long can you wait before seeking other options if your wife is unable to conceive after marriage? Which options will you take? Take a second wife? Try to have a child outside wedlock? Seek adoption...?

As for the ladies, how long do you think you can wait after marriage before you start getting worried? Will you pressurize your husband or support him to seek some of these other options? What exactly will you do?

Why do i have the feeling that the OP sounds like it's always the woman at fault?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by chiefbatiatus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
for those that married the people they love and not because of societal expectations, they can wait for eternity and their marriage will still be a very very happy union. Please lets all start getting above many of these shallow thinking that has held the black race backward. Your destiny in life is not tied to your children and you were not born to come and give birth to children. Thats not the reason why you were born. Children are okay and a good thing for many people, but dont forget many people have also died because of their children, many more are still dying so please dont forget that because as Nigerians we only look at the happy side of things since we are the happiest people on earth. Lokk for the reason why you were born, there are some reasons greater than having chidren-so many I can tell you. But please if you couldnt find any reason for your existence greater than giving birth to children then please go and get a child by all means and make yourself miserable until you have as many as you want. Infact some are even miserable now because they have only girls and no boys, hmmm, so please enjoy your ignorance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by aAK1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
it will come in the name of jesus.keep holding on.

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by lolaluv1(f): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2012

This just softened my heart. May God bless you abundantly and give you children that would be great in their generation. Amen!

14 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by nikkyshyne(f): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
Dozzy 3:

Why do i have the feeling that the OP sounds like it's always the woman at fault?
I noticed that too. He is just being biased. Forgetting that any of the parties can be disadvantaged.

7 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by omicron(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
tetemu: by his Grace ur change will surly come.
Amen!

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by funkymedina: 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Dozzy 3:

you r correct!! it is expressly written with the blame on the womans shoulder. typical nigerian mentality. no mention of the men going around shooting blanks and making a poor woman suffer

5 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tunapawizzy: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
FOR AS LONG AS IT PLEASES GOD TO MAKE US CHILDLESS

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by ziondaughter: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Either u adopt if u are so desperate or wait for God's time if u want to carry ur own blood. We should try not to make the mistake Abraham n Sarah made. Na d wahala we dey so

2 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tunapawizzy: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
bright007: ...For God sake..what has happened to testing before marriage?...No pregnancy,No marriage
NO DELIVERY NO MARRIAGE U MEAN, BECAUSE NO BE EVERY PREGNANCY DEY RESULT IN SAFE DELIVERY

10 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by ziondaughter: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
bright007: ...For God sake..what has happened to testing before marriage?...No pregnancy,No marriage
then d child dies after d marriage. Do u think u can fool God?

4 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by tunapawizzy: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Cherechy: I attended a friend's Aunt's child dedication and 10th marriage anniversary last month. The couple waited 10 years before they were blessed with a baby. There's nothing God cannot do. The baby's name is Kaodilinyechukwu smiley
MEANING?
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by manibuds(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
this question is for pple who want children in their marriage!if you no want pikin,skip,who wan kno wether na for phucking alone u marry ya wife.we expect to see simple answers like,1yr,2yrs etc,then OP can say with some authority that childless couples in nigeria tend to get frustrated after waiting for xyrs
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by ziondaughter: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
tunapawizzy:
NO DELIVERY NO MARRIAGE U MEAN, BECAUSE NO BE EVERY PREGNANCY DEY RESULT IN SAFE DELIVERY
if u dont know wat to comment on just move on. if ur sister is test runned like dat n later d guy starts giving stories, on top of dat she gets pregnant again will u like it? in dis nigeria dat we have so many opportunist as men

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
Clerverly: Six months at most, then i will remarry tongue

Really
Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by labamo07(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
I would wait 5yrs, would never ever re-marry as innnnnn re-ma what...... We stick together thru thick n thin n if too much pressure comes in, we seek for an adoption. Its gonna be our last resort, pressure or no pressure. Gbam

3 Likes

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by omicron(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Amen

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by pareto(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Sensitive issues like this should be for mature minds alone. We need to be careful with our comments.

1 Like

Re: No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? by zenith7(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
What if after testing you become pregnant and after marriage you lose the pregnancy and unable to conceive again, what would you do? Be careful of what you say because the thins which we cannot see are bigger and greater than what we see.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? / How Can One Find Genuine Spouse In This Era Of Ritual Killings, Organs Harvest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.