Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) (13744 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Things We Believed While Growing Up / Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by juman(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
An0nimus: The wrestling matches mehn...When we were subdued there's this 'charging' stuff we did..think we learnt that from Hulk Hogan looool.

Yeah, tough wrestling. Craziness. grin
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by seun001(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
Crossing the road at the last possible moment just to hear car tires screech in protest at the sudden brakes applied.......i still wonder how i never got knocked down.A neighbor reported me and i got the beating of my life.

Jumping wide gutters.....lost a couple of teeth in the process

There was a year lizards anatomy was to be used as biology experiments in SSCE.it was total annihilation for the lizards in our school compound oh.....to get the skeleton,we had to boil them and strip them of their skin.....and yes,we ate them too cos their flesh looked/felt like fish.

I remember nailing a paint bucket cover to a stick and rolling it around like a car even running at high speeds....once, i raised the stick too high while running and it got stuck in the sand,the upper edge of the stick buried itself in my hip just beside my solar plexus......very painful.was surprised my mum found it more painful cos she cried a lot about it.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Cbourne(f): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
condom ke?and pigs?Syringes?are you for real?where did you grow up?ajegunle?
and how on earth would you have been competing with a car?what were your parents doing?are you sure you didn't over-garnish this post?answer me before i comment
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Cbourne(f): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
Richtronix: 1.Kenke - High jump with one two x four and up to four steel barrels with sawdust as a landing patch

2.Borris (Bearings) - hooked with a piece of steel into a plank and rolled down Caterpillar sands (Ogba Oluwole) at breakneck speed

3.Keke Elemu - Old Raleigh bikes that tappers used with our young feet barely touching the pedals and totally out of control, many a fall and loads of scrapes

4.Playing football on the now beer parlour covered TARMAC in Oluwole. Everyday was a new injury yet you played football throughout your holidays

5.Sokopeye- adding hard pea like seeds to a broomstick and nearly blinding everyone you knew with the seeds

5.Police and thieves with "ruba"(rubber bands) - added danger when people deliberately switched from paper bullets to WIRE and coat hangers

6.Swimming in the three rivers (Odo) Jowoeshe, Alagbafo and Oke Ira with no floats or lifeguards

7.Walking from Mayflower Junior School in Ikenne as an 8 year old Aje butter to Odogbolu. Even as an adult I wouldnt think of doing that....

8. Jumping down entire flights of steps without touching any thing but the bannisters(harder than it sounds)

9. Blasting the xxxx out of everyone with the original Knockout bangers, Onife and Oni kobo-kobo and nearly blowing myself up in the process

10. Sleeping with Mosquito coils ON all night...! shocked
you are pathetic!!! grin
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by HerexG(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
i remember when we use to "play rubber"
After watching a movie, we go act the mock movie e.g snake in the monkey shadow
When we make paper fan with broom punched at the middle and we run around the street
When we use to play "OGO" and host football tournament with a trophy made of light bulb, wrapping it with st moritz paper foil with fufu or eba.
When we play" After round one "
When we sing "lekeleke gbami leke" so to get a white spot on ur fingers
When our teeth will pull out as kids and they will tell us not to allow lizard see it so dat our teeth will not be unable to grow
" you mess agbor fly gate"
so so many
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by An0nimus: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
Put kerosene in mouth, light a match, flip it up then 'spit flames' - I did that.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by lordmassac(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ha... Make una no forget breadi and buta... Baba bulala... I drive car wey ttem take carton build sotey... Always miss placing my slippers. My 10, 50 kobo and naira coins no dey fall inside gutter... I go find am wit my hand nor ni
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Richtronix(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
Cbourne:
you are pathetic!!! grin

Pathetic?

Kindly explain...
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by xynerise: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Cbourne: condom ke?and pigs?Syringes?are you for real?where did you grow up?ajegunle?
and how on earth would you have been competing with a car?what were your parents doing?are you sure you didn't over-garnish this post?answer me before i comment
Is like them born u with or them forget bronze fork for your mouth? undecided. That is kpako for u
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by juman(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
seun001:

I remember nailing a paint bucket cover to a stick and rolling it around like a car even running at high speeds....once, i raised the stick too high while running and it got stuck in the sand,the upper edge of the stick buried itself in my hip just beside my solar plexus......very painful.was surprised my mum found it more painful cos she cried a lot about it.

Hmmm something similar happened to me.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by yommy2sure(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
Nice thread...even though i grew up in the north...we had our versions of all this...and who remembers....mallam na baki nkogi....dauko mun kayana...
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by ayobase(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
seun001: .....
There was a year lizards anatomy was to be used as biology experiments in SSCE.it was total annihilation for the lizards in our school compound oh.....to get the skeleton,we had to boil them and strip them of their skin.....and yes,we ate them too cos their flesh looked/felt like fish.

Eeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Pakavy(m): 7:32am On Nov 22, 2012
yommy2sure: Nice thread...even though i grew up in the north...we had our versions of all this...and who remembers....mallam na baki nkogi....dauko mun kayana...
wanan! Ah ah!,
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by yommy2sure(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2012
Pakavy: wanan! Ah ah!,
correct my guy....wanan ah ah....wanan eh! Lol!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by angelsing(m): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2012
oh! Such glory days...i remember we did a game called "catcher"..were u have to chase a person after been touched...the best was called "family catcher"..we used over 4 streets to do it..i also remember bending at the back of some1 and the person is being pushed to fall over..climbing the popular fruit around the neighbourhood called "fruit(hammond)".falling frm the three wit our face..Only God knws hw we survive all those stuff
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by harlos: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
Did u ever do this

4 Likes

Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by annawhite(f): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
I remember goin around the neighbourhood to wash plates for 50kobo
The day my mum found out ,she sprinkled dry pepper in my eyes and made me promise I won't do boy boy job again
Trust ur sis I no fit stop cos I was enjoying the attention I was getting in school so I started washing plate *codedly*
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by drnoel: 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Roll down two storey steps with only a plank slate. Sustained so much injuries like a broken thumb, middle finger, patellar, dislocated both ankles to name a few. Always went back to slide down that same steps till my people had to look for a lasting solution..
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by annawhite(f): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
remember dose days we used to peep at people having sex! Choi!
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by drnoel: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
annawhite: remember dose days we used to peep at people having sex! Choi!
shocked shocked OMG and I thought u were innocent..
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by annawhite(f): 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
drnoel:
shocked shocked OMG and I thought u were innocent..
I was,was bieng naughty!. . . . . . .
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Seggii: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2012
I actually did some dangarous things back then and each time I remember them I give thanks to God and believe children are guided be angels. One day I was sent to get kerosine for cooking dinner and on my way I just put the mouth of the keg to my ear listening to one funny sound you get from your water flask or any other container before I knew what was happening a drop or two went straight down into my ear, hmmmm.. for days my ear was like Abuja - Lokoja road so clear that I could hear anything and I mean anything. And some days later one big brownish thing fell off my ear.

We used to peep on people, myself and some other naughty friends of mine, one day we went as usual, not knowing that the uncle had prepared "igbale agbe poo" (broom) and as the ring leader me just show my eye through the key hole omo see as the broom hit my forehead thank goodness it was not my eye ball.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by obidaddy: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
xynerise: Michael jackson doesnt have a childhood if he did not experience all these. grin. Have u seen my childhood? grin.

What is the name of this thing o...*thinking*
Yes! "Di gben" grin. Where we use our bigger thumb to hammer someone's pilehole, ouch! That hurts. Be you u male of female we dont even care undecided. I believe some girls were deflowered in the process undecided. We were scared to bend down when we are in public. A friend of mine did it to his sister and she collapsed. undecided

Mehn we did that n it was damn painful. We called it "peugeot otolo" at the height of peugeot we meticulously guarded our rear any loss of guard came Wt terrible peugeot insertion and excruciating pains. Laughs heartedly, old innocent days
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by elspycey(m): 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Can't help but laugh reading thru this thread, reminiscing the good old dangerous days...so many dangerous things I did, will list as much as I can remember
1. I think I'm the only one who invented goat-drawn carriage in the whole of naija, did that by hitching a he-goat to a damaged tricycle with the rear tires still there. Mad fun!

2. Built many borris( ball bearing toy cars), we use to compete with those inside abandoned police station(barrack things)

3. Hunted so many wild animals from insects to cane rats, used to make weapons from catapult to bows and arrows, went crab hunting, fishing,swimming in murky waters, snake sight seeing( ridiculous but true) plunder sugarcane and garden eggs from farms, eating raw green pepper to show who's the boss..rotfl.

4. Sliding on slippery concrete floor with bare chest

5. Poured werepe(devil bean) on a female classmate locker cos of her smart mouth, come see film early morning the second day.

Slept in a uncompleted building for four days cos my old man embarrassed me in front on my secret lover.

Riding bicycles with no break down hill... My scars are my badges of honor.

Street soccer, inter-street fire cracker battle.
Divided the window blind into 2 with blade for no reason, that was the first time I'd ever lay fallow with enough tear gas in my eyes courtesy my parle... That man sef.. He use to chase me wearing tennis shoes carrying 4way adaptor coboco whenever I don do bad for house..

Too many to remember, I'm just glad my childhood was fun, we made fun happen way back but these days, the kids watch fun happen.
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 09, 2014
elspycey: Can't help but laugh reading thru this thread, reminiscing the good old dangerous days...so many dangerous things I did, will list as much as I can remember
1. I think I'm the only one who invented goat-drawn carriage in the whole of naija, did that by hitching a he-goat to a damaged tricycle with the rear tires still there. Mad fun!

2. Built many borris( ball bearing toy cars), we use to compete with those inside abandoned police station(barrack things)

3. Hunted so many wild animals from insects to cane rats, used to make weapons from catapult to bows and arrows, went crab hunting, fishing,swimming in murky waters, snake sight seeing( ridiculous but true) plunder sugarcane and garden eggs from farms, eating raw green pepper to show who's the boss..rotfl.

5. Poured werepe(devil bean) on a female classmate locker cos of her smart mouth, come see film early morning the second day.

Slept in a uncompleted building for four days cos my old man embarrassed me in front on my secret lover.

Divided the window blind into 2 with blade for no reason, that was the first time I'd ever lay fallow with enough tear gas in my eyes courtesy my parle... That man sef.. He use to chase me wearing tennis shoes carrying 4way adaptor coboco whenever I don do bad for house..

Too many to remember, I'm just glad my childhood was fun, we made fun happen way back but these days, the kids watch fun happen.
Hmmm u did all this stuffs??nawa ooo.. In fact i no fit shout ooo
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 09, 2014
elspycey: Can't help but laugh reading thru this thread, reminiscing the good old dangerous days...so many dangerous things I did, will list as much as I can remember

Hmmm u did all this stuffs??nawa ooo.. In fact i no fit shout ooo
Re: Dangerous Things We Did As Kids(especially Ajekpakos) by elspycey(m): 5:19am On Sep 09, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmm u did all this stuffs??nawa ooo.. In fact i no fit shout ooo

I dey clear you... That's the much I can remember, if I post most of what I did, e go be like bragging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom / Fire Kills Family Of Five In Kebbi State (photo) / Couple Welcomess Triplets After 13 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.