Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The (7580 Views)

JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / Lasu Turns Out 12 First Class As Workers Disrupt Convocation amid tigh security / ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by lugzii: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
There was pandemonium at the two campuses of the University of Abuja located at Gwagwalada and Airport Road area of Nigeria’s federal capital territory Abuja as students went on a rampage to protest the non-accreditation of some of their courses.

The protest, which commenced at 6:00 AM, was started by Engineering students. Many students soon joined in blocking the main gate of the school to protest harsh conditions of education and general mismanagement of the university by officials the students regard as incompetent and irresponsible.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/student-protesters-disrupt-examinations-university-abuja
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by BlackOyinbo: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
Does this mean a degree from an unaccredited course is worthless?
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by begwong: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
add 5more years to all of em
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Okijajuju1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
.Send in Rambo...
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by mattsteve(f): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hmm...finally

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by mattsteve(f): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Bt hope say dis protest no go affect them negetively.dis na nija we dey o
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ok noted
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by sawyer89: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
lugzii: There was pandemonium at the two campuses of the University of Abuja located at Gwagwalada and Airport Road area of Nigeria’s federal capital territory Abuja as students went on a rampage to protest the non-accreditation of some of their courses.

The protest, which commenced at 6:00 AM, was started by Engineering students. Many students soon joined in blocking the main gate of the school to protest harsh conditions of education and general mismanagement of the university by officials the students regard as incompetent and irresponsiwide.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/student-protesters-disrupt-examinations-university-abuja
Trust me,those students who later joined the protest are lazy students who are scared to commence the exam because they haven't read.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by sylve11: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
Black_Oyinbo: Does this mean a degree from an unaccredited course is worthless?

Its almost worthless, not because it is not accredited, but because employers haven't employed people with accredited courses /degrees; they are not gonna even think of employing graduates with non-accredited courses /degrees.
cool
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by markus1133: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
shame ....
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by valdubem(m): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
I know that guy facing the camera with black shirt and red handset, with his hands up in the air. He is a very friendly Ebira guy. So he hasnt graduated uptill today? UNIBUJA I Hail UNA oO!
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by GboyegaD(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
I wonder how we react to issues in Nigeria. Instead of the students to talk to and challenge the Management on the need to meet up with NUC's requirement, they are busy disrupting exams of other students as though they are the ones delaying the accreditation of the unaccredited programs.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Empex(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
sawyer89:
Trust me,those students who later joined the protest are lazy students who are scared to commence the exam because they haven't read.

but wait eh, why would you just reach a conclusion like that? The protest yesterday was done only by engine students. The joint task force soldiers were there and gave it their blessing because it was peaceful and void of weapon of any kind. The police were also with the protesters till late in the evening.
Then the vc got other students sympathetic to this quagmire when he unleashed fulani thugs late last night on both protesting students and students reading in all the lecture halls. Students flexing infront of girls hols and those eating in the cafeteria were not spared. This cattle fulanis came with matchets, knives, stones. Many students had matchet cut, many more were stoned, hundreds crept into 7 ft tall bushes for safety of their lives. I stayed for up to an hr in the bush and trekked all through giving less concern that the perm site is snake infested. This thugs caressed a girl with hot iron. They patroled the school till angry male students chased them out of the campus- the genesis of non engine boys involvement. To add salt to injury, there was no light and water all through the day. Speak of what you know my friend. Thank you. Fyi, unijos and uniben sug were here today to give us support...maybe they too did not read for unibuja's exam. Smh.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by igbsam(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
GboyegaD: I wonder how we react to issues in Nigeria. Instead of the students to talk to and challenge the Management on the need to meet up with NUC's requirement, they are busy disrupting exams of other students as though they are the ones delaying the accreditation of the unaccredited programs.
The only language hardend nigerian listen to is violence & protest. They already went on their knees to plead with them, but since it all fell on deaf ears, then protests should do the talking.
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by aglomar: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Why wait till exam time to protest disaccreditation. Only d student lose out in this
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by belhomme(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Okija_juju: .Send in Rambo...

oh boy e!! abija or lalude go make brain too
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by GboyegaD(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
igbsam:
The only language hardend nigerian listen to is violence & protest. They already went on their knees to plead with them, but since it all fell on deaf ears, then protests should do the talking.

But disrupting the exams of the other students isn't good enough.
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by donotbanme1: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Abuja boys dey burn tire okay. Citadel of tire....
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Empex(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
GboyegaD: I wonder how we react to issues in Nigeria. Instead of the students to talk to and challenge the Management on the need to meet up with NUC's requirement, they are busy disrupting exams of other students as though they are the ones delaying the accreditation of the unaccredited programs.

na today, maybe you have not being reading the dailies. Engineering students alongside the students of other professional courses were given admission 2005. These courses were advertised on jamb brochure, it was when the former vc left office that it became clear that their degrees are at stake. 2008-2010, the school was giving empty promises. 2010 medical student went on protest, all of fct and its environs were aware, still the pressure yielded little result. Journalist and parents championed the course in 2011, the minister of education and health actions was only but a feather stroke on d backside of the school authority. Then, 2012 april, the education minister gave a damning verdict on all the professional courses and suspended them for unaccreditation. This provoked an angry protest that resulted in the minister giving the vc a 6 month ultimatum to get the courses accreditted, a term the vc agreed to in d presence of the minister, nuc ex. Sec, and tetfund director. A white paper on this was presented to president Goodluck j who spoked on it. 7 months after, non of the course is accreditted fully, though all other course seem likely to get the full accreditation before december ending, engr is yet to get an approval talk more of accreditation and the yr is almost winding up. So bros, you tell me if seven yrs after gaining admission, you dont have a degree, you cant go for nysc, all because your course is unaccreditted. After all this, tell me how you intend to dialogue.
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
my dear,nigerian school authorities care less abt students.
If you treat human like animal he behaves like one.
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Telez(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
2 bad
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by emrysdwarlord(m): 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
belhomme:

oh boy e!! abija or lalude go make brain too
eda onile ola nkor grin grin
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by entnews: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
Here's the link to Oroq's hit single #ALUTA http:///nYd69I5 its a song for all Nigerian students. Kindly download and share wid friends. Ff @lyricaloroq on twitter.Bless!!
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Pakavy(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
do u know hw long d issue of uniabuja's accreditation of some courses especialy mbbs hav bin lingering despite all methods employed by students and well meaning nigerians?whats d point of writting an exam dat does'nt hold water
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by toweezee: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
wow. if na abj, just 4get dat yeye school
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by amacastel: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2012
I asked a friend who is a student of she tld me dt may of dem wrote 3 papers in a day n I tld her is nt a big deal cos wen am in nursing sch we writ 4 papers a day n we all pass n graduate protestng over acreditatn in sch compund is nt gud it wil do more harm dn good if dy want 2 protest dy shld carry dia foams n foods n stay in front of D VC's house dn d odas wil stay @ minister of education office or house. D problm wit us nig youths is cowardice attitud destroyng property in sch premise wil do more harm dn gud we av 2 face d major poepl n dts d minister of education,FCt minister,VC n HODs nt destroyng propety cos @ d end d students wil pay 4 damage property.if we ar brave dese useless old fools won't be playng wit us @ all dy wil harken 2 our voice imagine a 60yr old man being minister of youths ,art n culture is he a youth he won't do any tng reasonabl well I wish dem all d best May d almighty see dem tru cos our leaders ar hrtless even d 1s dt graduate no work so is as gud as d same tng
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by salolo(m): 6:58am On Nov 21, 2012
FCT!
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Itopakehinde(m): 8:55am On Nov 21, 2012
Okija_juju: .Send in Rambo to kill all the useless student were they course the war...
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by Itopakehinde(m): 8:57am On Nov 21, 2012
Send in Rambo to kill all the useless student were they course the war... [/b][/quote]
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by EI(m): 10:19am On Nov 21, 2012
"dem ... wen am in sch we writ 4 papers a day ... carry dia ... does'nt ..."

Thanks OP for creating this thread and for a well presented executive summary of root cause of subject event.

However with the quality of contributions (grammar, spellings, punctuations etc) to this thread and most other threads in Nairaland Forum, i.e. by students and graduates alike, we may be safe to state that there is a very serious need to declare a national educational emergency!

We have a lingua franca and generally known accepted means of communication, urgently needing to re-evaluate our whole educational system specific to the written and spoken (English) language, we need to have more:
- "benchmarkable" credit grades in WAEC/NECO English Language exams (we now see/know people that claim A,B&C passes unable to demonstrate associated basic capability) ... decades back, students with very low grades - P7 or P8 (in English), spoke much more than passable English and were well able to spell!
- stringent post UME English Language qualifying exam criterion, for admission into our tertiary institutions, etc.

Our GenerationNext has to really work on their lazy disposition to shorthand communication techniques, because it is further destroying the weakened foundation they already have of English language!

Sadly the still evolving but depreciating writing technique employed in BBM/SMS communication is now being employed in more formal communication - for many in this population, it is simply a sorry excuse to shield their (spelling; or inability to spell) handicap ... sadly many of these young ones actually seem too comfortable "operating" within this very low level...
Re: University Of Abuja: Protesting Student Disrupt Examinations At The by entnews: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2012
entnews: Here's the link to Oroq's hit single #ALUTA http:///nYd69I5 its a song for all Nigerian students. Kindly download and share wid friends. Ff @lyricaloroq on twitter.Bless!!
here's the real link http://www.mytruspot.com/members/32296/song_focus_10748.php

(1) (2) (Reply)

Command Secondary School Entrance Form Is Out / Date For Osun State University Post - Ume Is Out / Difference Between Teaspoon And Tablespoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.