Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names (10567 Views)

Kogi Supplementary Elections: Figures And My Thoughts / UPDATE: Figures And Percentage Of PVC Collection As At February 13th, 2014 / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ok, let me confess, as mod, I'm not meant to engage in what appears to be frivolities like this, but hey, let's catch some fun jare. grin wink

Over the years, especially when Nairalanders of different political leanings clash, the free-for-all that usually ensue have given rise to a number of names for some Nigerian political personalities. Oya, let's create a dictionary of Nairaland-given names here.

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by PapaBrowne(m): 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
These two get me cracked up till tomorrow.

From Jakumo. Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden

From Demdem: Retardeen.

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by taharqa: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus: Ok, let me confess, as mod, I'm not meant to engage in what appears to be frivolities like this, but hey, let's catch some fun jare. grin wink

Over the years, especially when Nairalanders of different political leanings clash, the free-for-all that usually ensue have given rise to a number of names for some Nigerian political personalities. Oya, let's create a dictionary of Nairaland-given names here.

@Jarus. You hv to be kidding yrself if you think many of us STILL see you or most of d Mods here on NL as 'non-frivolious'..... Opening a frivolous, silly thread that wud obviously attract the small minds we now have in abundance here on NL, a thread that wud descend to the Ridiculous (a 'normality' here these days) isnt in d less surprising. That you are a Mod only means that it wud surely mk it to d frontpage... WELL DONE! You guys are doing a swell job

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Desola(f): 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
I thought Dayokanu coined the term 'retardeen'

Tinubu - Tinubu, Ojuyobo ati bebe lo.

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
Desola: I thought Dayokanu coined the term 'retardeen'

Ahan gimme my credit now, I coined Tinubu. Oh, and Jonasatan.

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Who coined that Retardeen sef. Anytime I see that name, it cracks me up.

But the funniest to me is: Jagabandit grin

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
kingoflag: Ahan gimme my credit now, I coined Tinubu. Oh, and Jonasatan.
Tinubu must have originated from GEJ/PDP guys. Beaf?
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
Desola: I thought Dayokanu coined the term 'retardeen'

But na Demdem dey carry that "retardeen" thing pass everybody. One would think HE invented it. grin

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
what about ODechukwu (pronouced Odehshokooo)
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by PaulJohn1: 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
GEJ- Sheoless president angry
GEJ- Azikiwe Ebelechuku Jonathan. grin

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by PaulJohn1: 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
Aregbesola- Aregberascal angry (my gov)

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Does Fashola have any name here?
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
goodunce
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
oyb: goodunce

Who be that? Origin?
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Crayola1: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus: Does Fashola have any name here?

Second coming of Christ cheesy
Messiah cheesy
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus:
Who be that? Origin?

goodunce jona

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by GARRIx7(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Its obvious many Political Figures are yet to ßξ named.... grin grin
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Osiris211: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2012
Farook - Farcrook angry

Otedola - Otedollar

GEJ - Drunken Fisherman shocked

Jonathan - Jonathan

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by elBila(m): 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus: Ok, let me confess, as mod, I'm not meant to engage in what appears to be frivolities like this, but hey, let's catch some fun jare. grin wink

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by elBila(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=el Bila][/el Rufai- eru-fine]
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Omexonomy: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
What will it profit you for calling people silly names
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
Jarus:
Tinubu must have originated from GEJ/PDP guys. Beaf?
Ummm.... If I thought It came from them, why would I say I coined it?
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Desola(f): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
kingoflag: Ahan gimme my credit now, I coined Tinubu. Oh, and Jonasatan.

oi! I coined 'jonasatan'

You bloody Tinubu! angry

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Kolade9(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
u ppls shld nt kills yourslf on a names.
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2012
Aregberascal - Beaf

Retardeen, Odechukwu - Dayokanu.

Jonasatan - Desola

Ayatollah Buhari - No idea

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by modicum: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
Nigerian Spiritual Figures and their Nairaland given Names

Adejare Adeboye-Adejale Adebole

Oyedepo-Oledepo

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
Dayokanu coined the names odechukwu and Retardeen.
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
modicum: Nigerian Spiritual Figures and their Nairaland given Names

Adejare Adeboye-Adejale Adebole

Oyedepo-Oledepo

Jakumo also coined Daddy GOat grin
Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by wesley80(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
taharqa: @Jarus. You hv to be kidding yrself if you think many of us STILL see you or most of d Mods here on NL as 'non-frivolious'..... Opening a frivolous, silly thread that wud obviously attract the small minds we now have in abundance here on NL, a thread that wud descend to the Ridiculous (a 'normality' here these days) isnt in d less surprising. That you are a Mod only means that it wud surely mk it to d frontpage... WELL DONE! You guys are doing a swell job

Thanks a million. Yet another theatre for the absurd created by a Mod. Great job folks!

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Desola(f): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
naijababe: Aregberascal - Beaf

Retardeen, Odechukwu - Dayokanu.

Jonasatan - Desola

Ayatollah Buhari - No idea

o se jare.

If I hadn't said something, that boy could have gone to the bank and made some withdrawals by just using that password. grin

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Desola(f): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
wesley80:

Thanks a million. Yet another theatre for the absurd created by a Mod. Great job folks!

and you decided to play a role.

Thanks for joining us.

Re: Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
El-Rufai - Emir of twitter cheesy
Sanusi - emir of CBN cheesy

Ministry Of Information Fails To Account For N561.6m - Reports / Fayemi Wins Ekiti APC Governorship Primary Election / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman