Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos (7422 Views)

The Miseducation Of The Head Office Of The CAC Aginingbi Ikeja / Which Areas Are The Best For Young Graduates To Do Masters In Nigeria? / Amcon's Head Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by dejioke1(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2012
One of the major factor that impact business growth is the location. Many investors have done everything right but failed to consider the best location for their business and when this location choice affects their investment performance they start to think their idea is poor.
Imagine a boat maker selling boat in kaduna " you are definitely out sales "

Why do people prefer lagos for their head office.
1) She has proved to be the central of commerce for any most varieties of trade over many years
2) Larger proportion clients of a national recognized company falls to be a lagos residence
3) To be frank, most of your clients in other state will prefer visiting your lagos branch because they usually have one relative or friend to scot with during Visitation !
4) Many more reasons..

9ja Hoster http://9jahoster.com is a Web Hosting Company and website Developer, We are comfortable with our current location in Ibadan, with a remote office in lagos but our clients wants our main office to be in lagos and personally I have seen many reason to move.
I just want to hear more opinions :

Which Location is the best for your head Office and why?
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by tpia1: 1:20am On Nov 21, 2012
most likely lagos.

location and population.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by dejioke1(m): 1:22am On Nov 21, 2012
@tpia1, why Lagos ?

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Born2beRich1(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2012
Cross river state(Calabar to be precise)....Why? the place fine no be small and they are well organized
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Freiburger(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2012
If the urge to place everything in Lagos continues to grow, i wonder how that city will look like in the next 50years.

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2012
Abuja's cool.
Most head offices have moved.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by MadCow1: 9:34am On Nov 21, 2012
Abuja - Corporate Headquarters.. Reason: Proximity to the heads of government parastatals

Lagos - Operations Headquarters - Proximity to the Markets, Seaport and International Airport..

2 Likes

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by adventisty: 9:35am On Nov 21, 2012
IBADAN!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by sconsults: 9:35am On Nov 21, 2012
Enugu enugu enugu ,kaduna,illorin
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nasri100(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2012
Mushin,ajegunle " Lagos "

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by temizt: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2012
LAGOS
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by mmmustapha(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2012
grin grin grin Garriland in kaduna
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Freiburger(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2012
It depends on the nature of the business.

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by aieromon(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2012
Administrative Office - Abuja
Commercial Office - Lagos
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by mmmustapha(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2012
Maiduguri or yobe

3 Likes

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by morgist(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2012
Yobe (Damaturu)
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by tompat86(m): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2012
ajegunle
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by donotbanme1: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2012
mmmustapha: grin grin grin Garriland in kaduna

Dont say i did not warn you before you incur the wrath of Sango.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by k2039: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow: Abuja - Corporate Headquarters.. Reason: Proximity to the heads of government parastatals

Lagos - Operations Headquarters - Proximity to the Markets, Seaport and International Airport..

SECONDED,You wrote exactly what was on my mind
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by donotbanme1: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2012
I want my head offices in Abuja and lagos. My factories at Ogun, Onitsha, Aba and Enugu. My head office in Lagos should have an helipad bcz i hate Lagos traffic.

No be small tin.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by lukaino(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow: Abuja - Corporate Headquarters.. Reason: Proximity to the heads of government parastatals

Spot on.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2012
If it is a "PAY AS YOU GO" business...

An Ashawo hotel in any city should be fine... grin
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Hardfact: 9:57am On Nov 21, 2012
Many think VI, Lagos
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Koolking(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2012
Your choice of Lagos as your head office must be looked at critically. Lagos state Internal Revenue service, Local govt taxes and all other multiple taxation imposed by Lagos state are drain-pipes to most businesses in Lagos. You might consider relocating to those cities you thought were not worth the glory of having your head office. I bet, If you are non-Lagosian, 90% of your jobs/contracts will come from outside Lagos state, but most of your operational expenses will be borned in Lagos.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2012
deji-oke:
One of the major factor that impact business growth is the location. Many investors have done everything right but failed to consider the best location for their business and when this location choice affects their investment performance they start to think their idea is poor.
Imagine a boat maker selling boat in kaduna " you are definitely out sales "

Why do people prefer lagos for their head office.
1) She has proved to be the central of commerce for any most varieties of trade over many years
2) Larger proportion clients of a national recognized company falls to be a lagos residence
3) To be frank, most of your clients in other state will prefer visiting your lagos branch because they usually have one relative or friend to scot with during Visitation !
4) Many more reasons..

9ja Hoster http://9jahoster.com is a Web Hosting Company and website Developer, We are comfortable with our current location in Ibadan, with a remote office in lagos but our clients wants our main office to be in lagos and personally I have seen many reason to move.
I just want to hear more opinions :

Which Location is the best for your head Office and why?
It all depends on the kind of business that you're into. Most people will rather have their head office in lagos if they could. It's the same reason why global commercial businesses will rather have their head ofices in New York and London. But it's not so for businesses like web hosting companies like 9ja Hoster and that's because most people don't come to your office to get their website hosted. All they need most times is your website and don't care if your head office is in maiduguri or Somaalia.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Emmyk(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2012
Ilorin, Kwara State

1 Like

Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by victorD3: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
Uyo!

Wonderful road network,clean environment, awesome people, mouth watering males, perfect nightlife, strong Economy, beautify women, and cheerful governor.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2012
Marina used to be the corporate capital of Nigeria years back, now VI. It comes with some prestige having your Head Office in VI.
Re: Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos by Taiwo20(m): 10:19am On Nov 21, 2012
Imanuelle: Abuja's cool.
Most head offices have moved.

Sent from my Nokia E51

Sent from my iPhone 5

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / 6 Dominant Workplace Trends You Are Likely To Witness In 2017 / Great Opportunity For An Accountants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.