Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo (11047 Views)

Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens / Building Collapsed At Muri Okunola, Victoria Island / Building Collapsed At Ebute Meta, Killing 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by chux76(m): 2:22am On Nov 21, 2012
I just received a call from my kid brother now that a building,a block of 6 Flats just collapsed in Jakande Estate area of Ejigbo. The number of casualties is yet to be ascertained but he said rescue operations is going on there now because some families were sleeping in the block of flats when it collapsed. This is so saddening. My family stay in the Estate but far from the scene of the collapse,but as I gathered from my brother,they are trying to reach the authorities for assistance. Please God come to the rescue of the families trapped in the rubble
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by trakos(m): 3:33am On Nov 21, 2012
God have mercy...I pray they get help in time
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by fittty(m): 4:35am On Nov 21, 2012
shocked
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Omexonomy: 5:42am On Nov 21, 2012
People blame the govt. The govt blame the people. And we dont know who to blame . Common sense is not common in lagos state. I pity the people of lagos.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Omexonomy: 5:43am On Nov 21, 2012
I hope no live was lost People blame the govt. The govt blame the people. And we dont know who to blame . Common sense is not common in lagos state. I pity the people of lagos.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 21, 2012
What a sad news, i hope the appropriate authorities respond to this urgently.

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by chukiz(m): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2012
God help us
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by westside6: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2012
So there are no standard for building houses in this country? And there are no inspectors to supervise the houses when there are being built?. We are really in trouble in this country. May God rescue those that are trapped in there.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by proudlyafrican(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2012
@OP I am around the Bungalow area in Jakande Estate on my way out can you confirm the block Number from your kid Brother?
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by midetinz(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2012
The story is very true,I stay in d estate. Two kids confirmned dead. Eye witness report that the house has been "shaking" since. After a collapse sinal yesterday noon,occupants were warned by neighbours to evacuate the building. The mother of the two deceased insisted she'll wait till today.it happened at night yesterday and her 2kids were confirmned trapped in debris-dead,this morning. I just confirmned that the 2 dead girls are fresh graduate of medicine. And demolition of 3more neighbouring houses(obviously weak) are on.

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Homextras: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2012
Its true, so sad, happened along church street, inside jakande estate, oke afa, isolo.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by olaezebala: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2012
God have mercy o.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by ikananwa(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
so pity ioooo
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by slimyem: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2012
Sad news..
Most of those Jakande estate buildings are disasters waiting to happen and need to be torn down...!
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by proudlyafrican(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2012
Quite unfortunate,may the dead rest in peace.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by dan55: 10:28am On Nov 21, 2012
so,
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by iamswizz(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2012
Somebody will soon say its End time! undecided
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by GARRIx7(m): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2012
Something has to be done to curb this issue, it's getting out of hand...
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by ideee03(f): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2012
Sad news. sad
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by sundaybam(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2012
Very bad incident.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Pangea: 11:03am On Nov 21, 2012
Its really a tragic event!
I hope our first responders and NEMA are there now with their rescue gear?
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by Homextras: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2012
So sad, when u compare the stability and strength of houses built by jakande, the former governor of lagos, under the space of three years, then u can't just but wonder how sharp our standards have fallen. The collapsed house was built by contractors, think under the new democracy. I was told of how sand and dust were blowing everywhere as the building collapsed. The madam who lost her two daughters was informed of the situtation by neighbours downstairs that the house was vibrating and she should move out, her response was God will take control, the woman happened to be my late mum's friend. I should commend however the response of lagos emergency response agencies, everyone is on ground, including d STV, lasema, civil defence, and a caterpillar for demolition.. I am not happy at the medicine after death approach of immediately marking all the nearby houses for demolition, rather crude approach without running any stability test and all that. Am sure the relevant agency ignored their duties. I wish this is investigated and the contractor made to account. May the dead RIP.
Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by hydiciousb: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Building Collapsed At Jakande Estate,ejigbo by flint59(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2012
But come oo are thIs buildings old

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

195 plots of Land for sale @ Ibeju lekki with Excession Title / Real Estate Scams And How To Avoid Them / How To Get Building Plan Approvals In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.