Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) (1275 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / 4 Best Airlines For Domestic Flights In Nigeria / The 20 Best Airlines In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 21, 2012
Overall:
1 QATAR AIRWAYS

2 Asiana Airlines

3 Singapore Airlines

4 Cathay Pacific Airways

5 ANA All Nippon Airways

6 Etihad Airways

7 Turkish Airlines

8 Emirates

9 Thai Airways

10 Malaysia Airlines

Top 10 African Airlines:
1. South African Airways

2. Kulula (South African airline)

3. Air Mauritius

4. Kenya Airways

5. Egypt Air

6. Mango grin (South African airline)

7. Ethiopian Airlines

8. 1 time smiley (South African airline)

9. Air Austral

10.Air Seychelles

NB: South African Airways was also- the 4th Most Improved Airline In the World,7th Best Business Class Airline In the World, 9th Best Economy Class Seats In the World and Best Airline Staff Service in Africa. shocked

Source: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2012/svcexcafrica.htm
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by Turbocharged: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2012
How can they put Qatar airline in 1st position, even above Emirate? Na enemies of comfort do that.
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by gunners4u: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
Pls any idea abot flight ticket of qatar 4rm lagos to newyork
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by samally: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
gunners4u: Pls any idea abot flight ticket of qatar 4rm lagos to newyork

when did you want to travel....it depends on the season we are into
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by gunners4u: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Am planning dec or next yr january
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by samally: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
Leripa:

Are you booking now?
If yes, below are flight prices (LOS-JFK) from www.wakanow.com

1. Qatar Airways: #142,192

2. Turkish Airline: #155,362

3. Egypt Air: #161,136

4. Emirates: #171,435

And, $1,061.40 on Emirates website.

Good luck.

for more info contact 07068828920...if you are ready to buy the ticket not to make inquiry
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Turbocharged: How can they put Qatar airline in 1st position, even above Emirate? Na enemies of comfort do that.

Emirates and Qatar are almost at the same level; however, I think that a majority of the 160million travelers surveyed preferred the superior 1st Class and Business Class amenities available on Qatar Airways flights. But I'm surprised that Emirates wasn't even in the top 5! However, Emirates won the Best Inflight Entertainment award.

It's also not too surprising that no North American or European carrier made the top 10 shocked
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by mikolo08(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
This skytrax awards is a scam,how would Arik Air not make the rankings,An airliner that's operates almost 30 destinations(both local and international) with more than 25 aircraft. And Airlines like 1time that has ceased operations make the list,Theirs even nothing like Air Austral in Africa,that airline is a France airliner not Africa. undecided

1 Like

Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
mikolo.007:
This skytrax awards is a scam,how would Arik Air not make the rankings,An airliner that's operates almost 30 destinations(both local and international) with more than 25 aircraft. And Airlines like 1time that has ceased operations make the list,Theirs even nothing like Air Austral in Africa,that airline is a France airliner not Africa. undecided

I think the criteria that Skytrax and international passengers use is the quality of service(s) rendered by a particular airline, not its sheer size. If the ranking was based on the size of an airline, most U.S. domestic airliners/European carriers would have been in the world's top 10 list.

As to your point about 1 Time ceasing operations, the survey may have been conducted before the airline ceased operations.
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by noblegas2(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
CFCfan:

I think the criteria that Skytrax and international passengers use is the quality of service(s) rendered by a particular airline, not its sheer size. If the ranking was based on the size of an airline, most U.S. domestic airliners/European carriers would have been in the world's top 10 list.

As to your point about 1 Time ceasing operations, the survey may have been conducted before the airline ceased operations.
Lol, beats me to it how someone can expect to see arik airline on the list. How many aircrafts do they have? How many destinations do they cover? Let that guy pick one airline among the top 10 and do a comparism with arik airline, I'm sure he'll be very much suprised as well!

I'm so glad that my 5 star airline(Qatar) is still on top! cheesy
Re: World's Best Airlines 2012 (skytrax Awards) by ezehisaac(m): 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
Pls does any one have an idea on QATAR flight ticket from lagos to india cos i want to travel by january ending?

(1) (Reply)

Royal Air Maroc (lagos Via Cassablanca To JFK) / Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT / Australia 988 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.