Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** (9794 Views)

What Has Been The Effect Of Culturing Borrowing On Nigerian Culture? / What Aspects Of Our Nigerian Culture Should Be Abolished? / Questions About Nigerian Culture And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by chiteny(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2012
People say Nigerians like to answer a question with another one. Is this our culture?
Take for instance I walk up to my brother and ask:

Question: Where you dey go?
Answer: Abi you wan follow me?

Do you guys experience this? What are usual "quanswer" you get for questions you ask?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by odumchi: 2:51am On Nov 22, 2012
I thinks it's because of the generally cautious and over scrupulous nature of Nigerians.

Here are some more examples:

Q - Where your house?
A - Abi dem send you?

Q - How much money you get for pocket?
A - How it take concern you?

Q - Whose car be dat?
A - Abi na your papa own?

2 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
OP, why you wan know? undecided abi dem send you?

2 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by ifyalways(f): 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
How you take know say dem send am?na you send am? ^ ^

cheesy

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Afam4eva(m): 11:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
odumchi: I thinks it's because of the generally cautious and over scrupulous nature of Nigerians.

Q - Where Wey your house?
A - Abi dem send you?

A - How it e take concern you?

Q - Whose car be dat? Who get that car?
lol grin Your pidgin english is funny

11 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2012
ifyalways: How you take know say dem send am?na you send am? ^ ^

cheesy

For wia? I dey craze? How I go send am? You no no me again?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by ifyalways(f): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
I know you before ?
You don high?

tongue
(using question to answe question going on seriously)

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by dani1luv: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Q: Why do you hate Tonto Dikeh?
A: How does this affect the price of garri for market? undecided

Q: Johnbull, I hear say you nyash that bowlegged girl. .na true?
A: I dey craze?
undecided

4 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Lordave: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
I always laugh at this one.

Q: Where u dey go?

A: I dey come.

10 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by denitro(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who told you that?

2 Likes

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Mustay(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
iRemember Seun himself was the one who 'inaugurated' the game 'Answer A Question With A Question'. That NLers never got tired of that thread explains it all.
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Csami(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Na dis kind tin dey cos trouble.....oya OP, how u take know? Who tell u? U don ask me i no answer u well?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by KINGwax(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
I don buy ds space.
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by otokx(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
its appears to be a popular behavioral pattern but not necessarily a Nigerian culture.

1 Like

Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by rajiade: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
Who tell u say Nigerians dey answer question with question?.

Where u for hear am?

You no be Nigerian?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by benedictjohn(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
Sometimes, u reply a rubbish question with a STUPID question...
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
How you take know?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by buoye1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
odumchi: I thinks it's because of the generally cautious and over scrupulous nature of Nigerians.

Q - Where your house?
A - Abi dem send you?

A - How it take concern you?

Q - Whose car be dat?
Nice1 there
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
OP, who tell u dis kind rubbish?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by salam001(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
denitro: Who told you that?
why you wan know?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by salam001(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
chuks315: How you take know?
shey you don 4get how to google ni?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
salam001: shey you don 4get how to google ni?
Who tell you that one na?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by buoye1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Yah..i thnk it iz....cos we r found of d@....Whatz ur name?Y r u asking.....#so annoying
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by denitro(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
salam001: why you wan know?
Abi u dey fear talk?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
What is your business with it?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Pelummy(f): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
i tire for nigerians o
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by salam001(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
Why you dey ask me?
chuks315: Who tell you that one na?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by salam001(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
denitro:
Abi u dey fear talk?
which kain fear?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by Leadn(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
denitro:
Abi u dey fear talk?

why he go fear?
Re: ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** by odumchi: 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
afam4eva:
lol grin Your pidgin english is funny

Na you sabi. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan - Today And Yesteryear / Dana Air Named Official Airline Of The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival 2017 / Today's Children And The Future Of Yoruba Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.