Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:53 AM

Food Photo Competition! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Photo Competition! (2323 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Photo Competition! by Abujafood: 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hi Nairalanders,

Abujafood.com in conjunction with world class photography artist Nick Cavanagh is organising a competition for food and photography enthusiasts! All you have to do is snap shots with your phone or camera and send your entry to; info@abujafood.com! Pls note stolen pictures from the internet will be disqualified only original photos are allowed.

1st prize: 5 hours professional photography training by Nick Cavanagh

2nd prize: N3000 airtime for 5 winners each

3rd Prize: N1000 airtime for 5 winners each

Send an original food photo from your mobile phone to info@abujafood.com or participate on twitter using the hash tag #AbujaFoodPhoto2012 and upload ur photos direct!

NB: Only one photo is needed pls!
Good luck!
Re: Food Photo Competition! by londoncakes(m): 12:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Can I send cakes too ?
See my work

Re: Food Photo Competition! by Abujafood: 8:34am On Nov 24, 2012
londoncakes: Can I send cakes too ?
See my work

Sure but only one photo is allowed!
Re: Food Photo Competition! by Abujafood: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
File Upload of waffles

Re: Food Photo Competition! by Royalty1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Okay! Let my grab my Camera. See you in a bit.
Is there a deadline for submission?
Thanks.
Re: Food Photo Competition! by dazzler2001: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2012
Reserved
Re: Food Photo Competition! by baby124: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
The prizes are too cheap. Are the pictures just limited to pastries? I will be back, hope you dont eat your PC. wink
Re: Food Photo Competition! by Abujafood: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
The Abuja Food Contest 2012: The Runners Up

[img]http://www.abujafood.com/component/joomgallery/image.raw?type=orig&id=534[/img]

The first stage of the Abuja Food photo contest has finally come to an end. The Abuja Food Photo contest 2012 ran from the 10th to the 28th of November during which we received a number of fantastic photos from Abuja Foodies ranging from traditional African dishes, desserts, to the left overs you had for lunch.

The Food Photo contest was inspired by the yearly International day celebrating food photography and was run in collaboration with NJClicks a Professional Photography outfit based here in Abuja. We have to admit it was not easy choosing these five runners-up with all the great entries we received, hence the decision to extend the competition to a Second competitive stage. Abujafood.com and NJClicks would like to thank all those who participated in the contest and it was a joy gazing and salivating over your photo entries.

Below we proudly present the running photos for the final stage of the Food Photo Contest. The key was to enable us to taste and feel the essence of your food through your photo and we certainly did with these outstanding photos. The four runners up have all won a 5 hour professional photography training package with Nick Cavanaugh of NJClicks.

The overall Winner of the Abuja Food Photo contest will be crowned "Food Photo Master" and emerge after the the training package has been completed in which contestants will compete with each other to take the best photos while being mentored by our Food photo Guru, Nick Cavanuagh of NJClicks. The Overall Winner will win a top of the range Pentax DSLR which has a 12mp Sensor and two lenses courtesy of NJClicks. We hope you will join us again in our next food photo contest! The winner might be you next time!

Crudites

By Gina Jemila Umoru

"Great use of natural light, symmetry and colour- the picture looks like it was taken using ambient light. Excellent entry" - Nick Cavanaugh

Rice with Carrot Slices

By Chinwe Okolo

"This entry heeded the tip to get up close and personal. I liked the placement of the carrots in the top right of the image." - Nick Cavanaugh

Pam Cakes or Poppadums

By Uba Osinachi

"This is a difficult shot to get right- it's important we see that there is a stack but we also want to see the topping. This picture might have had more impact by moving a tiny fraction further away from the food. Great job though." - Nick Cavanaugh

Watermelon & Fruits

By Nikky

"This image would have had a very good chance of winning outright- but whilst the colour and textures are inviting the image is slightly out of focus. Controlling the focus is probably the most important part of taking a digital image these days. Most other errors can be fixed in photoshop, but if it's out of focus there's nothing you can do." - Nick Cavanaugh

*A quick tip* - take 3 or 4 images of the same things- the chances are that small focus errors won't apply to all images.

Sliced Chicken

By Safiyah Shehu

"The sliced meat with mash potato looked really inviting- that's the key of food photography. You want people to lick their lips. I suspect that this was taken on a mobile phone so the photographer would have struggled to control the automatic flash that looks to have fired. It would have been better with a slower shutter speed and using the available light." - Nick Cavanaugh

Look out for the article reporting on the winner of the Food Photo Contest 2012, coming soon! Be sure to join us next year for another exciting Abuja Food Photo Contest in 2013! Read more about the Abuja Food Photo contest here. Learn more about Nick Cavanaugh of NJClicks here.

http://www.abujafood.com/food-matters/dining-matters/1048-the-abuja-food-contest-2012-the-runners-up.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Make "Akara" With Okpa Flour / 9 Refrigerators To Own With Less Than 50k / How To Make Fluffy Nigerian Pancakes Step By Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.