Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... (883 Views)

When Your Best Friend Turns You Down During Exams (pix) / NUC Bans Re-sit Exams In Universities / How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... by silkysleek: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2008
To study in the United Sates you need to write one or more of the following exams;

(TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT)
For your cheaper & easier registration(within 72, Hours), Wide selection of books, Application guidance & Support.

For more information
Contact Sharper Edge at 1st floor, Aret Adams House, 233, Ikorodu rd. By Town Planning, Lagos.
E-mail: contactus@sharperedgeltd.com.
Tel: 017432044, 08030630697

Re: STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... by silkysleek: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2008
Feel free to ask questions about details of the exam and likes i'll endeavour to respond promptly and appropriately. smiley
Re: STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... by laplace(m): 3:25am On Feb 14, 2008
Thanks very much for the great work. I've read Yewande's profile and contributions, and I stand bold to say that she's doing a great work. I'm a First Class OAU Mathematics graduate, and I'm considering taking an MBA in the US by 2010. I'm considering Kellogg or Harvard. I understand how competitive the admission process can be. What would you advise me to add to my credentials before 2010? Do I need to take GMAT more than once? I have some great deal of leadership experience in the university.
Re: STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... by silkysleek: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2008
International Applications
HBS welcomes students from around the globe. The admissions criteria applied in evaluating international applicants are the same as those for U.S. citizens. All application materials, including transcripts and recommendations, must be submitted online and in English.

Academic Requirements
An international applicant is required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. All post-secondary educational institutions you have attended and received a degree from, including technical and professional schools, should be listed on the application form. The complete, formal names of the institutions and the title of any diploma or degree earned must be used.

Transcripts
When self-reporting transcripts for the application, all courses must be translated into English before submission. If admitted to Harvard Business School, you will be required to provide an official paper transcript sent directly from each college or university attended to World Education Services (WES), a third-party verification agency. If available, your school should send a transcript in English along with the original language document. The School reserves the right to withdraw any offer of admission if there is a discrepancy between the self-reported transcript and the official transcript.

TOEFL/TWE and IELTS
The HBS MBA Program is built upon an immersive learning experience that encourages public speaking, group discussions, and active class participation. To succeed, students must possess a highly developed proficiency in written and oral English.

Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from an English-speaking university are not required to take the TOEFL/TWE or IELTS (i.e., they are exempt).
Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from a non-English-speaking university are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and/or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Candidates who received a master's or Ph.D. degree from an English-speaking university are strongly encouraged to submit the TOEFL and/or IELTS.
Scores from tests taken before January 1, 2006 will not be accepted.
The MBA Admissions Board discourages any candidate with a TOEFL score lower than 267 on the CBT or 109 on the IBT from applying.
Those candidates required to take the TOEFL or IELTS must have received at least their unofficial scores prior to submitting their application. Both overall and component test scores must be reported on the application form.

All applicants must request that ETS (for the TOEFL) and/or IELTS send official copies of their scores to HBS. The Harvard Business School ETS code number is 3444.

To obtain information about these tests, visit: www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org.

When to Apply
The Admissions Board strongly encourages international applicants to apply by the second round deadline to allow admitted candidates ample time to address language, visa, housing, and financial aid issues.
Re: STUDY IN THE US! Write necessary exams... by silkysleek: 10:23am On Feb 14, 2008
Pls note that we offer consultancy services so in future i will appreciate if such questions are directed to our company's e-mail; contactus@sharperedgeltd.com. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Form Is Out Oooooooooooooooooooo / Caleb University. / When Will The Regitration For Delsu Commence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.