Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus (1960 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Pope Benedict To Resign / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by nitlad: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2012
[size=30pt]The Pope publishes final instalment of life of Jesus[/size]

A million copies of the book go on sale from Wednesday
The third and final instalment of Pope Benedict's biography of Jesus is published on Wednesday.
One million copies of the book, Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives, have been printed in eight languages.
It analyses the gospel narratives from the birth of Jesus to his presentation in the temple at the age of 12.
The book is signed "Joseph Ratzinger Benedict XVI", meaning that it is an academic work, rather than papal dogma that cannot be contradicted.
Pope Benedict reaffirms the importance of the Christian belief in the virgin birth, that Jesus was not conceived through sexual intercourse but through the Holy Spirit. He argues that it, together with the resurrection, are "cornerstones of faith" because they demonstrate God's power over matter.
But he debunks several Christmas traditions, including the year of Jesus' birth, which the Pope argues was miscalculated by a monk.
Another sacred cow he tackles is the presence of animals at the birth in a stable in Bethlehem.
He argues there is no evidence in the Gospel for that, but says images of oxen and donkeys have become such a staple part of the Nativity that they are now accepted.
The Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said Pope Benedict had devoted "all his free time to bring to fruition this project, which he wanted and loved".
In the coming months, the book will be translated into 20 languages and sold in 72 countries around the world.
SOURCE
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by nitlad: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2012

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2012
And what is the source of these 'infancy narratives'? Does this confirm the belief that the catholic church has several other early christian literature which was not canonised into the bible. Books hidden in the vatican vaults for centuries.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 22, 2012
grin[ ;Dquote author=Pastor Kun]And what is the source of these 'infancy narratives'? Does this confirm the belief that the catholic church has several other early christian literature which was not canonised into the bible. Books hidden in the vatican vaults for centuries. [/quote]

Kuns my man.You and your numerous conspiracy theories.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Zikkyy(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor Kun: And what is the source of these 'infancy narratives'? Does this confirm the belief that the catholic church has several other early christian literature which was not canonised into the bible. Books hidden in the vatican vaults for centuries.

Its possible the Vatican is holding information we don't know about. Maybe if you know you will stop attending church grin anyhow, Pope go 'hammer' with this book. i just hope he will not buy a private jet with the proceeds.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2012
chukwudi44: grin[ ;Dquote author=Pastor Kun]And what is the source of these 'infancy narratives'? Does this confirm the belief that the catholic church has several other early christian literature which was not canonised into the bible. Books hidden in the vatican vaults for centuries.

Kuns my man.You and your numerous conspiracy theories.

Which conspiracy theory There must be a source for the contents of the book na except it is a work of fiction! Maybe the Vatican has finally decided to start divulging information from their secret vaults. Anyway i look forward to getting a copy of the book. It could be quite revealing smiley
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 9:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Zikkyy:

Its possible the Vatican is holding information we don't know about. Maybe if you know you will stop attending church grin anyhow, Pope go 'hammer' with this book. i just hope he will not buy a private jet with the proceeds.

The catholic church may have it's fault's but greed and pursuit of personal aggrandisment is not one of them. I am almost certain that the proceeds from the sale of the book would not be used for the personal benefit of the pope talkless of buying private jet as is being done by carnal pentecostal pastors.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor Kun: And what is the source of these 'infancy narratives'? Does this confirm the belief that the catholic church has several other early christian literature which was not canonised into the bible. Books hidden in the vatican vaults for centuries.
hahaha, he got d stuff from d gospels, d church fadas,history, and commonsense. No hidden books dear!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 11:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The catholic church may have it's fault's but greed and pursuit of personal aggrandisment is not one of them. I am almost certain that the proceeds from the sale of the book would not be used for the personal benefit of the pope talkless of buying private jet as is being done by carnal pentecostal pastors.
wow! Dis is a 1st.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by plaetton: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
First we had the words of god in the bible, now we have the words of the pope telling us that the words of god are in error.

Na wa .
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by plaetton: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, he got d stuff from d gospels, d church fadas,history, and commonsense. No hidden books dear!

If it was from the gospels(which gospels), the church fathers(again , which church fathers? they just revealed it to him?), and common sense(so common sense has been missing all these millenia?, why haven't you written your own version of Jesus' infancy and life?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
plaetton: First we had the words of god in the bible, now we have the words of the pope telling us that the words of god are in error.

Na wa .

The above is a very mischievous and deliberate lie, nothing in the Pope's writing contradicts the bible. The contradiction is in church history which is totally different from the bible.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by plaetton: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The above is a very mischievous and deliberate lie, nothing in the Pope's writing contradicts the bible. The contradiction is in church history which is totally different from the bible.

Talk about a bold face lie,How can you look at something and say it is not there? I am amazed how you boldy and deliberately distort facts even when tyhey are starring you in the face.

Is the birth and infancy of Jesus in bible or is it just church history? Was it church history that narrates Jesus birth or is it the bible.

Pls read this again and tell me if there is no contradictions in your response.

It analyses the gospel narratives from the birth of Jesus to his presentation in the temple at the age of 12.

Is this church history or biblical narrative?

signed "Joseph Ratzinger Benedict XVI", meaning that it is an academic work, rather than papal dogma that cannot be contradicted.

hhmmm, interesting.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
plaetton:

Talk about a bold face lie,How can you look at something and say it is not there? I am amazed how you boldy and deliberately distort facts even when tyhey are starring you in the face.

Is the birth and infancy of Jesus in bible or is it just church history? Was it church history that narrates Jesus birth or is it the bible.

Pls read this again and tell me if there is no contradictions in your response.

And what exactly in his narratives contradicts the bible Or is the date of birth of Jesus stated in the bible Talking of who exactly is a bold faced liar, just take a look at the boy in the mirror.

And exactly what in his narratives contradict what is stated in the bible Talk of who is a bold faced liar! Take a look in the mirror.

Is this church history or biblical narrative?

signed "Joseph Ratzinger Benedict XVI", meaning that it is an academic work, rather than papal dogma that cannot be contradicted.

hhmmm, interesting.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^^
@Plaetton
And how exactly does his narrative contradict the bible Or is the date of birth of Jesus stated in the bible Talking of who exactly is a bold faced liar, take a look at the boy in the mirror.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorAIO: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
There is this interesting phenomenon on Nairaland due to the fact that peeps here are used to constantly fighting each other, when someone says something that is not provocative in anyway peeps still find a way to hear provocation in it.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by PastorKun(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor AIO: There is this interesting phenomenon on Nairaland due to the fact that peeps here are used to constantly fighting each other, when someone says something that is not provocative in anyway peeps still find a way to hear provocation in it.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by pastormustwacc: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
I will still bomb that vault in the end to expose all its secrets.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by nitlad: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2012
The book looks like it's gon' be an interesting read already!
I'm definitely getting a copy. grin
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
plaetton:

If it was from the gospels(which gospels), the church fathers(again , which church fathers? they just revealed it to him?), and common sense(so common sense has been missing all these millenia?, why haven't you written your own version of Jesus' infancy and life?
benedict didnt write his own version of d life of christ. He simply did a commentary!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
I will still bomb that vault in the end to expose all its secrets.
if u are storming the none existent vault that means u are going after hundreds of year of papal correspondence and document!! That is theft i think!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by nitlad: 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Got the ebook already smiley
Gon' start reading soon.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 12:36am On Nov 25, 2012
nitlad: Got the ebook already smiley
Gon' start reading soon.
the book in question is d last segment of the series "JESUS OF NAZARETH" it already has a vol 1 and vol2, i think d vol 1 is d last supper, passion death and ressurection, vol 2 is abt d ministry of christ d last segment is on d infancy frm age 0 to 12, d last segment is very small and d pope recently said it shuldnt b called vol 3. It seems he rushed the book to a conclusion (rumours has it that the octagarian is anticipating is death and that d papal calender 4 pope ben stops at middle of next year) and it may very well be his last book.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Publishes Biography Of Jesus by Ubenedictus(m): 12:37am On Nov 25, 2012
nitlad: Got the ebook already smiley
Gon' start reading soon.
the book in question is d last segment of the series "JESUS OF NAZARETH" it already has a vol 1 and vol2, i think d vol 1 is d last supper, passion death and ressurection, vol 2 is abt d ministry of christ d last segment is on d infancy frm age 0 to 12, d last segment is very small and d pope recently said it shuldnt b called vol 3. It seems he rushed the book to a conclusion (rumours has it that the octagarian is anticipating is death and that d papal calender 4 pope ben stops at middle of next year) and it may very well be his last book.
Please paste a link and d ebook u gat!

(1) (Reply)

Goshen, As A Brother, I Have To Warn You To Stop Eating Grass Cutter / Why Do Some Muslim Clerics Dye Their Beards To Wine Colour?? / List Of Funny Churches In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.