Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,248 members, 7,780,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

Problems with DVD-R - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problems with DVD-R (1971 Views)

The Difference Between Dvd-r, Dvd+r, Dvd-rw And Dvd+rw. / Brand New Hp Mini Laptop With Dvd Rom 65k / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems with DVD-R by delarontus(f): 8:45am On Apr 26, 2005
I have been trying to play a DVD+R on my PC without success. I don't know the format of the recording but it should either be audio or video. Help please.
Re: Problems with DVD-R by Seun(m): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2005
Delarontus,

To play a DVD-Recordable you need a DVD drive! grin Most new laptops come equipped with DVD drives but locally assembled systems tend to come with CD drive because they are a bit cheaper. A DVD drive for your PC costs about 5,000 naira while a CD drive costs aboot 2,500 naira.

Assuming you have a DVD drive, however, then you might be having problems playing a video DVD. You might find the following article useful: 'Guide To DVD Playback In Windows Media Player'. If you get it to work, feel free to come back here and tell us what steps you took!

And please, o please, do tell us how to get movies on DVD in Nigeria!
Re: Problems with DVD-R by delarontus(f): 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2005
Oh thanks i'll just do that but i'm not in Nigeria. However will give you a feedback soon.
Re: Problems with DVD-R by delarontus(f): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2005
Haa, I can see the sign on the PC saying Compact Disc embarassed Now i know it cannot play a DVD. Checked the MPEG decoders installed, found none! Thanks for the link i think i know the problem. Will play it on the DVD player directly, its better.
Re: Problems with DVD-R by deepleke(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2005
where can i get a pentium4.flash drive,cd writer at a lower price in lagos and how much will it cost to set up this.i need the address or phone nos if possible cause i am out of lagos for now
Re: Problems with DVD-R by mamba(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2005

(1) (Reply)

NEATLY AND FAIRLY USED LAPTOP COMPUTER 4RM THE USA AT 25,000 NAIRA / Where Do I Fix Macbook Pro Laptop In Either Lagos Or Ibadan / US Used HP Probook 6460b I5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.