Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian (5687 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fortunately, not all people fall in the "average" category. However, from my experience in the religion section, I am going to list the difference between the average christian and the average muslim here.

1) Forgiveness;
Both christians and muslims have a problem with human forgiveness here on nairaland. Criticise their religion or their pastors and the christians will condemn you to hell which is also the same with mulsims- they will tell you that you will regret your mockery when faced with Allah.

The difference here on Nairaland is that the average nairaland muslim here will hardly joke with you after your mockery of his or her religion. Even the most extreme christians here will crack a joke with me with me despite the abuse I have given them and their Jewish religion. The muslim on the other hand, will hat best talk to you normally but there would hardly be any sense of friendship or playfulness from them.

There are theological reasons for this as well. We can look at the concepts of forgiveness and disbelief in the Quran and Bible but that would be too long for now.

2) Consistency;
A muslim will hardly amend his religion to meet modern day thinking or technological advancements (eg muslima marrying non-muslim or the issue of gay muslims). Christians have changed their doctrines and co to accept things that would be blasphemous/sacriligeous in the past in their religion. The avdantage for the muslim here is that they can give a more consistent view of their religion to unbelievers

From my discussions in nairaland;
-There are some few christians that accept civil unions for gays. Hardly any muslim I know has supported this

-There are christians (both male and female) that can marry unbelievers even though the bible says that one should not be yoked with unbelievers. The muslims remain firm that a muslim woman can not marry a non muslim as mandated by the Quran

3) Intolerance;
There are both intolerant christians and muslims here on Nairaland. The difference comes in the extent of intolerance between both of them. Many muslims here on Nairaland are so in fear or hate criticism of their religion that they gracefully accept both a secluded section for their religion and the rule of a tyrannical dictator as a moderator.

Just look at the difference in application of the law in both sections. With the christian mod, you get a warning before you are banned either because of trolling or consistent abuse of another member. With the muslim mod, no warning most of the time and you get banned for things that make little sense- eg "constituting a nuisance" or "causing offence". You get banned according to the whims of the muslim mod and not according to any concrete rules. You can nget banned for joking with a female muslim.

Constituting a nuisance and causing offence means that you have posted topics or comments that the mod and other muslims have no answer to. A good example is the Salman Rushdie case (which by the way is discussed on other muslim forums) in which the mod felt that it was an offensive topic.

4) Intellectual bankruptcy
While there are ignorant muslims and christians on both sides, there are intelligent people in these religions as well. However, there is a difference when it comes to the quality of topics and even discussions in both sections.

You will find some intellectual and deep philosophical questions asked by christians sometimes. For instance we have thread that went into 18 pages questioning the fundamentals of humanism started by a christian or threads about the big bang spanning into numerous pages.

On the islam section, there is a real bankruptcy in intellectual threads. The threads are either praising islam in a certain area of life or asking about fatwa or rulings on certain issues or complaining about the west or praising the old Arabic empires. Hardly would you see deep scientific discussions that is not central to islam on their section.

5) Arab VS Jewish delusion;
I wont write much on this as I plan to write another thread on the islamic Arab delusion. The main point here is that while christianity is a Jewish religion, many christians disassociate themselves from modern or classical jews by retaining their identity while being christian.

It is not uncommon for you to see muslims claiming that the best civilization for mankind was the Arab empire or caliphates during or immediately after Muhammed.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
The fire that burns in your bones.. wink

Great thread... I'd personally like to see a debate btw Anony and Tbaba, with you as moderator.... wink
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
musKeeto: The fire that burns in your bones.. wink

Great thread... I'd personally like to see a debate btw Anony and Tbaba, with you as moderator.... wink

First off, I am on a mission. So I have to be active. My atheist mission must succeed!

Secondly Tbaba would be destroyed by Anony. Tbaba is an intelligent mind limited by the Quran. Anony is a great apologists that has unlimited remixes and contortions of the bible to mean what Anony wants it to mean.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by tpia1: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
some muslims are intellectuals.

there's just not many of them on nl, and the few who are, have to keep quiet for the sake of peace.

[i suppose].

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

First off, I am on a mission. So I have to be active. My atheist mission must succeed!

Secondly Tbaba would be destroyed by Anony. Tbaba is an intelligent mind limited by the Quran. Anony is a great apologists that has unlimited remixes and contortions of the bible to mean what Anony wants it to mean.

They have debated on the islamic section and surprisingly Tbaba won hands down. . .

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
tpia1: some muslims are intellectuals.

there's just not many of them on nl, and the few who are, have to keep quiet for the sake of peace.

[i suppose].

For once I agree with you!
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

They have debated on the islamic section and surprisingly Tbaba won hands down. . .
Link?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

Unbelievable! Tell me that you are not serious? grin

Anony lost to Tbaba? Tell me more!
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by tpia1: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
as per the rest of your post, well, they are muslim.

religion comes first, unlike with christianity where many can place their secular lives ahead of theological considerations [not saying anything's wrong with that].
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Unbelievable! Tell me that you are not serious? grin

Anony lost to Tbaba? Tell me more!

Yeah. . Anony opened the topic in the islamic section. . .Cyrexx also commented on the topic as well. I don't know the tittle of the topic but tbaba served him well surprisingly. . . .
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
musKeeto:
Link?

No link. . .I have forgotten the tittle of the topic. . .
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
tpia1: as per the rest of your post, well, they are muslim.

religion comes first, unlike with christianity where many can place their secular lives ahead of theological considerations [not saying anything's wrong with that].

True...a major difference in Islam as practiced by muslims here- the religion comes before the human being!
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

Yeah. . Anony opened the topic in the islamic section. . .Cyrexx also commented on the topic as well. I don't know the tittle of the topic but tbaba served him well surprisingly. . . .
grin grin
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
good thread Logicboy03
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
good thread Logicboy03

Cheers bro!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by true2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
The difference between muslims, and christians? One is going left, the other right. The problem is, they are both going in the wrong direction.
Who has been teaching you people about God...the monkeys?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by k2039: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
SMH
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
The main difference between christians and muslims every where is indoctrination. The christian religion indoctrinates the average christian in a very different way islam indoctrinates the average muslim. I was both a christian and a muslim so i can say a word or two about it. Islam indoctrinates with excessive fear. It makes you believe if you doubt anything the religion teaches you will die immediately or some kind of evil will befall you. Islam says you are allah's slave and the relationship that exist btw muslims and allah is the master slave relationship, you are to accept the laid out commands and fully obey them with out complain. Allah says and that's all that matters. Allah is not your father, he is your master and you are his slave and that's all. Fear allah or be doomed that's all what islam teaches, fear fear fear and that's all. . .Everything begins and ends with fear. If allah says kill the infidels then they must be killed because allah is the master and as muslims your only duty is to worship allah and do what he says as the master. Slave are not supposed to have an opinion because only the opinion of the master counts. That's why muslims cry when allah or mohammed are ridiculed or insulted. They have been indoctrinated to believe that they are the ones that are supposed to fight when allah or mohammed are insulted. Allah is way to powerful and too big for people to insult him according to the way they were indoctrinated. He is the ultimate master and should never be joked with in any way. When i was a muslim even as a kid i was way too afraid. I was told my duty as a human being was to do all of allah's command. What ever is written in the koran is the untimate and as slaves we are just to obey without asking questions.

For christianity it is very different. The fear also plays a part but christianity comes with the fact that we are all yahweh's children and as such we have a "personal relationship" with him, the bible uses words like "comes let us reason together says the lord" in some parts so christians use that nuance to do many things like interject their personal opinions and interpretations. The relationship is not predicated on the master slave relationship like in islam which makes it not so rigid. Christians are always evolving on their positions because of the personal relationship they feel they have with their god unlike muslism who have no personal relationship with allah. The character of yahweh is also very contradictory that christians can easily cherry pick which character they want to go with and be very comfortable. If you want the violent fire and brimstone god who is a master the bible will provide you with that. . If you want the meek and fatherly type of god the bible will also provide you with it. Yahweh has no definite character based on the bible, its very easy to make out of him what ever you want to. Christianity like islam is also about serving yahweh or facing doom but due to the fact that there is this element of father child relationship it allows people to do what ever they want while still claiming that they are christians. The excessive fear factor does not exist in christianity the way it does in islam. Muslims must put islam first before themselves. . Christians on the other hand normally put their christianity and themselves on the same level.

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
true?:
The difference between muslims, and christians? One is going left, the other right. The problem is, they are both going in the wrong direction.
Who has been teaching you people about God...the monkeys?

lol.... grin

I dunno whether you are serious or joking
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje: The main difference between christians and muslims every where is indoctrination. The christian religion indoctrinates the average christian in a very different way islam indoctrinates the average muslim. I was both a christian and a muslim so i can say a word or two about it. Islam indoctrinates with excessive fear. It makes you believe if you doubt anything the religion teaches you will die immediately or some kind of evil will befall you. Islam says you are allah's slave and the relationship that exist btw muslims and allah is the master slave relationship, you are to accept the laid out commands and fully obey them with out complain. Allah says and that's all that matters. Allah is not your father, he is your master and you are his slave and that's all. Fear allah or be doomed that's all what islam teaches, fear fear fear and that's all. . .Everything begins and ends with fear. If allah says kill the infidels then they must be killed because allah is the master and as muslims your only duty is to worship allah and do what he says as the master. Slave are not supposed to have an opinion because only the opinion of the master counts. That's why muslims cry when allah or mohammed are ridiculed or insulted. They have been indoctrinated to believe that they are the ones that are supposed to fight when allah or mohammed are insulted. Allah is way to powerful and too big for people to insult him according to the way they were indoctrinated. He is the ultimate master and should never be joked with in any way. When i was a muslim even as a kid i was way too afraid. I was told my duty as a human being was to do all of allah's command. What ever is written in the koran is the untimate and as slaves we are just to obey without asking questions.

For christianity it is very different. The fear also plays a part but christianity comes with the fact that we are all yahweh's children and as such we have a "personal relationship" with him, the bible uses words like "comes let us reason together says the lord" in some parts so christians use that nuance to do many things like interject their personal opinions and interpretations. The relationship is not predicated on the master slave relationship like in islam which makes it not so rigid. Christians are always evolving on their positions because of the personal relationship they feel they have with their god unlike muslism who have no personal relationship with allah. The character of yahweh is also very contradictory that christians can easily cherry pick which character they want to go with and be very comfortable. If you want the violent fire and brimstone god who is a master the bible will provide you with that. . If you want the meek and fatherly type of god the bible will also provide you with it. Yahweh has no definite character based on the bible, its very easy to make out of him what ever you want to. Christianity like islam is also about serving yahweh or facing doom but due to the fact that there is this element of father child relationship it allows people to do what ever they want while still claiming that they are christians. The excessive fear factor does not exist in christianity the way it does in islam. Muslims must put islam first before themselves. . Christians on the other hand normally put their christianity and themselves on the same level.

The bold parts are the parts that I feel are the most important.

There is a deep seated disgust with unbelievers in Islam that goes deeper than the one in christianity. Read only thew first two chapters and count how many times the unbeliever is said to suffer.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by cyrexx: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

you mean these threads

https://www.nairaland.com/993339/muslims-house-please-give-look

https://www.nairaland.com/1004936/allah

O yea, he didn't see it coming. he was expecting the muslims to bow to his "superior" logic and change their views while he adamantly refuse to change his own view even after serious debunking. cheesy

he is a good apologists though, he is really good at defending his indefensible religion, i guess every religion has their bright minds, whose mission is to defend their faith by all means necessary, fair or foul
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

The bold parts are the parts that I feel are the most important.

There is a deep seated disgust with unbelievers in Islam that goes deeper than the one in christianity. Read only thew first two chapters and count how many times the unbeliever is said to suffer.

Muslims are indoctrinated to believe that they are special and should consider themselve very lucky that they are muslims. That's why you hear them say things like thanks god am a muslim. They feel its a privilege to be a muslim. Islam just spends to much time exerting it self and making sure it comes first before anything. Christianity does that bit not as much as islam. Unbelievers are to be hated but not as much as in islam. Allah dislikes the unbelievers is what the koran says. . in the bible its not so clear, yahweh hates the unbelievers but they are to reached out to. . .Islam is too rigid while christianity is not, you can always self project yourself as god and tell people anything and the bible which is very contradictory will always be there to support your point of view no matter what it is. . .
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Sisterfatie(f): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje: The main difference between christians and muslims every where is indoctrination. The christian religion indoctrinates the average christian in a very different way islam indoctrinates the average muslim. I was both a christian and a muslim so i can say a word or two about it. Islam indoctrinates with excessive fear. It makes you believe if you doubt anything the religion teaches you will die immediately or some kind of evil will befall you. Islam says you are allah's slave and the relationship that exist btw muslims and allah is the master slave relationship, you are to accept the laid out commands and fully obey them with out complain. Allah says and that's all that matters. Allah is not your father, he is your master and you are his slave and that's all. Fear allah or be doomed that's all what islam teaches, fear fear fear and that's all. . .Everything begins and ends with fear. If allah says kill the infidels then they must be killed because allah is the master and as muslims your only duty is to worship allah and do what he says as the master. Slave are not supposed to have an opinion because only the opinion of the master counts. That's why muslims cry when allah or mohammed are ridiculed or insulted. They have been indoctrinated to believe that they are the ones that are supposed to fight when allah or mohammed are insulted. Allah is way to powerful and too big for people to insult him according to the way they were indoctrinated. He is the ultimate master and should never be joked with in any way. When i was a muslim even as a kid i was way too afraid. I was told my duty as a human being was to do all of allah's command. What ever is written in the koran is the untimate and as slaves we are just to obey without asking questions.

i want to kiss ur feet, u gave a perfect discription of both religion, sumtimes I shudder @ d sheer stupidity of religion.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
cyrexx:

you mean these threads

https://www.nairaland.com/993339/muslims-house-please-give-look

https://www.nairaland.com/1004936/allah

O yea, he didn't see it coming. he was expecting the muslims to bow to his "superior" logic and change their views while he adamantly refuse to change his own view even after serious debunking. cheesy

he is a good apologists though, he is really good at defending his indefensible religion, i guess every religion has their bright minds, whose mission is to defend their faith by all means necessary, fair or foul

In there lies the problem. . .Sure every body should defend his/her world view but when it comes to outright lies then it becomes something else. . .Sophist like anony are just a joke, anony and others like him(William lane Craig) will throw the bible under the bus just to prove ridiculous points. For example William lane Craig who many say is the best christian debater and apologist will tell you that the god of the bible is the source of all human morality based on what is written in the bible, but when you show him how the bible god gives out moral instructions that even him abhors he will say that maybe the writers of the bible made a mistake, maybe they weren't told by god to do all the killings, maybe they just went on their genocide missions and falsely claimed god told them to do it. . .I am SERIOUS that was the defence he used in his debate against Edward Tabash. . .I was stunned. I like muslim apologist because they don't really go out of the way to throw the koran under the bus, they just use the koran and the basis for their arguments if you dislike what the koran says then its up to you to accept or not. . .
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by saintvc(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmm
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by cyrexx: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

In there lies the problem. . .Sure every body should defend his/her world view but when it comes to outright lies then it becomes something else. . .Sophist like anony are just a joke, anony and others like him(William lane Craig) will throw the bible under the bus just to prove ridiculous points. For example William lane Craig who many say is the best christian debater and apologist will tell you that the god of the bible is the source of all human morality based on what is written in the bible, but when you show him how the bible god gives out moral instructions that even him abhors he will say that maybe the writers of the bible made a mistake, maybe they weren't told by god to do all the killings, maybe they just went on their genocide missions and falsely claimed god told them to do it. . .I am SERIOUS that was the defence he used in his debate against Edward Tabash. . .I was stunned. I like muslim apologist because they don't really go out of the way to throw the koran under the bus, they just use the koran and the basis for their arguments if you dislike what the koran says then its up to you to accept or not. . .

Good points, bro.

watch this video below and catch another glimpse of how master twisters and artful dodgers like anony and craig often use double standard when interpreting their holy books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o&feature=g-all
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

Muslims are indoctrinated to believe that they are special and should consider themselve very lucky that they are muslims. That's why you hear them say things like thanks god am a muslim. They feel its a privilege to be a muslim. Islam just spends to much time exerting it self and making sure it comes first before anything. Christianity does that bit not as much as islam. Unbelievers are to be hated but not as much as in islam. Allah dislikes the unbelievers is what the koran says. . in the bible its not so clear, yahweh hates the unbelievers but they are to reached out to. . .Islam is too rigid while christianity is not, you can always self project yourself as god and tell people anything and the bible which is very contradictory will always be there to support your point of view no matter what it is. . .

Hamza Tzortis, a well known muslim apologist made the claim that

1) Muhammad is the greatest man to ever live

2) That the iphone came because of islam (referring to the Arab golden age with algorithms and algebra)

3) Innocent before guilty in Western Courts came as a result of Islam/Muhammads teachings

The funny thing is that he never makes these claims in the non-muslim forums that he gets into. He only makes it on a muslim show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4z90uGEVE
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by mazaje(m): 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Hamza Tzortis, a well known muslim apologist made the claim that

1) Muhammad is the greatest man to ever live

2) That the iphone came because of islam (referring to the Arab golden age with algorithms and algebra)

3) Innocent before guilty in Western Courts came as a result of Islam/Muhammads teachings

The funny thing is that he never makes these claims in the non-muslim forums that he gets into. He only makes it on a muslim show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4z90uGEVE

Hamza Tzortis is a plagiarist. . .All his arguments are that of William Lane Craig. . .He is the muslim version of anony and Craig. . .
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
mazaje:

Hamza Tzortis is a plagiarist. . .All his arguments are that of William Lane Craig. . .He is the muslim version of anony and Craig. . .

Not surprising.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by true2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.... grin

I dunno whether you are serious or joking

No joke. These people know nothing about God, and less about religion...they could learn more from the monkeys than their religious leaders.
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
true?:

No joke. These people know nothing about God, and less about religion...they could learn more from the monkeys than their religious leaders.

True but arent you a christian?
Re: The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sister fatie:
i want to kiss ur feet, u gave a perfect discription of both religion, sumtimes I shudder @ d sheer stupidity of religion abrahamic religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.