Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

How Did You Spend Your First Salary? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Spend Your First Salary? (11471 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Help Me Get A Job In Abuja And The First Salary Is Your Yours / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Most of us have earned a first salary somewhere, atleast, for every new job we take. No matter how small it was.

I remember cooking for the 'almajiris' in my area and loading credit for my family and friends with a protion of my first salary (stipend) from my first job ever.

Recently, i heard that in a certain culture, you should take the whole first salary to your parents for blessings, then allow them take whatever they want from it and let them tell you how to spend the rest.

So, i just want to ask, how really did you spend your first salary; or how do you spend your first salary (for those that have worked in several places).

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by k2039: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
I haven't earned yet,but I would spend it on my mom.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
cool Dat's so sweet. Hope it will be a 6-zero digit... cheesy
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by cuteyangel(f): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
;DMy mum.....weda 6 zero or 9 zero....she's already tld me she's gonna use it for charity work...m kul wiv it...
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Ojeilevbare(m): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
It goes to church

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
It goes to ma mum...then investment

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by bigx(m): 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
1st salary during Industrial Training shared out to fam

1st salary after Graduation used as capital for business, after which I resigned (worked only a month)

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
shocked[quote author=Ojeilevbare]It goes to church[/quote do you mean everytin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
I spent every at the ASHAWOlin Temple

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ojeilevbare: It goes to church
wat. shocked
Ojeilevbare: It goes to church
wat.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by yuzedo: 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
One BAAAAAAAASTARD girl asked me to give her my first salary (true story)....
I didn't even know where her audacity was coming from. Whether she licked juju and the babalawo said anybody she talks to would obey her.
Hmmmmmm...... God save us o! I was tempted to denigrate her ancestry but i held my peace. That incident made us stop relating and she deleted me from her network.

First salary? Bought suit, gave my dad his "cut", gave people that i needed to give, put a chunk in savings, and the rest to see me till the next pay day..
My first NYSC salary went almost the same way.. Tokens for aunts, etc. Bought a bottle of wine for my great godfather and put mint bills in an envelope and went to see him one evening . He thought i was coming to plead for a job or something i'm sure, when i revealed my mission he almost had heart-attack! grin He was so excited, he started narrating his children's histories, he sang national anthem, told me the story of jaja of opobo, all the people he has helped in life and who remember him, who won WWF royal rumble season 1995, engine specification of peugeot 505! Lol! grin Infact he started dialling his son in the states, i was so embarrassed! grin I love my godfather shaa... tongue

Yeah, i think i tithed too... Na dat time i still dey tithe... undecided

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by markus1133: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
on electronics :DD
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by greatgod2012(f): 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
Paid my tithe, divided d remaning into 2,gave 1st half to my mum, divided d 2nd half into 2, used d half of it to buy something 4 my fiancee then, use d rest to buy what i really needed then.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Orikinla(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
I gave it to my mother of blessed memory. It was N75 in 1980 when I was still in my teens. She accepted it, blessed me and returned it back to me and before the end of that year, my salary increased to N400 monthly as a regular scriptwriter for Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channel 10 Lagos in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by yuzedo: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ok, ok, lemme confess how i truly spent it:

10.4% on ashawo wink
23.6% on isi-ewu, fried meat and fried fish grin
15.5% on baggy jeans and face-cap embarassed
7.93% on buying latest MOJO in town tongue
40.100% on Baba Ijebu Lotto lipsrsealed
33.2% on medicine for gonorrhea and staphylococcus cry
12.7% on settling debt in Mama Okoro buka wey i don dey owe for 3yrs undecided
99.9% on "sowing seed" in Private Jet church angry

How much remain abeg?? grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by jigawatts(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
Bought a KFC-filled dinner for ma nuclear family ALONE wink ....
Those are the only people I owe .... shikena grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by DANILSA(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
I WILL GIVE MINE TO SEUN SO HE CAN IMPROVE NAIRALAND grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by eddy18(f): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
First Fruit.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by godstino(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
i will use it to LEGALISE MARIJUNA ;Di
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by omalcha(f): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gave mine to my father.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Chedarking: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
I've been spending most of my Salary on Weed and Pussi3 for Years now...

The rest I just waste...
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by yuzedo: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
Chedarking: I've been spending most of my Salary on Weed and Pussi3 for Years now...

The rest I just waste...

LMFAOOOOO!!!!!!! Priceless! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by methodman(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
I deh wake up for 5:30am and den reach house for 9pm...una come talk say make i give out my 1st salary? Abeggi...na for me and myself alone o.....if i wan give i go give not down for all dese c.o.c.k and bull stories of giving ur parents the 1st or using everything as tithe. angry angry angry
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by bizideas2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gave all to my parent
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Arosa(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
My father took it all and shared it to the family in exchange for prayer for me.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by nekaa(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Teacher salary? I gave tithe, then I shared out the remainin to anybody that was willing to collect... Didnt really need any of it as my work place and my house shares a fence.... Buh it taught me that money is very hard to get.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by kavey10(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Garri, just Garri and its accessories... It's a life saver these days.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by TableLeg(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
Beer parlour
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by omar22(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Spent it......... does it matter
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Mcfemad(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
SIWES salary was given to my late Dad.
I.T salary was donated to my immediate environment.
NYSC salary was given to my church for the purchase of Mega/Microphones.
...and my present job salary was given to my church to purchase Drum Set as we seriously needed on then. This was after I gained my mum's consent. I never regretted any of these decisions cos I'd recieved well more than what I gave.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by oluking: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
i am convinced now that some people deliberately get Drunk before logging on to nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by gonon: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
I paid my Tithe, then bought wrappers for my parents, uncle and aunties. Since they won't collect money from me.... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Important Lesson Did Your First Job Teach You? / N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.