Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft (17936 Views)

B’haram Brings Mubi Under Sharia, Amputates 10 / 500 Police College Recruits Expelled For Theft, Forgery / Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by icez: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
Saudi authorities on Wednesday chopped off the hand of a Nigerian man convicted of theft, in compliance with the Islamic sharia law strictly applied in the kingdom, the interior ministry said.

Mohammed Ahmed Ibrahim was convicted of theft and sentenced to having “his right hand amputated” the ministry said in a statement carried by SPA state news agency.

The punishment was executed in Mecca where the theft took place, it said.

The AFP news agency says the kingdom applies the Islamic sharia law, including executions by the sword for people convicted of rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/uncategorized/saudi-amputates-nigerians-hand-over-theft/

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by k2039: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
including executions by the sword for people convicted of molestation, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

This is the kind of law we need in this country,by now most of our politicians should be without hands

37 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by haykay2005: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039:

This is the kind of law we need in this country.
You will call it islamization of Nigeria if introduced

9 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by k2039: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
haykay2005:
You will call it islamization of Nigeria if introduced
I want the law to be implemented by our judiciary,not necessarily the religion.
Just for some of the punishments to be incorporated into our constitution.
Frankly our judiciary has failed us

10 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by icez: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039:

This is the kind of law we need in this country.

Are you serious?
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Lasinoh: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
I lovvvit! kiss
No sympathies! kiss

Mohammed Ahmed Ibrahim was [size=20pt]convicted of theft and sentenced[/size] to having “his right hand amputated” the ministry said in a statement carried by SPA state news agency

As a SHARIA-believer. . . he shudda known berra. kiss
Consolation? Not 'jungle justice'. . . LIKE WITH THE NAUSEATING ALUU 4 CHRISTIANS ALL OVER NIGERIA! kiss

The AFP news agency says the kingdom applies the Islamic sharia law, including executions by the sword for people [size=20pt]convicted[/size] of rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

FANTASTIC! cool
You were warned before going there!
AT YOUR OWN RISK! kiss

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Lawconfessor(f): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm, dis ppl re so serious wen it comes to law abiding in deir land.

Sure naija wil nt approve of such law.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by k2039: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
icez:

Are you serious?
Yes,damn serious,by now most of our politicians should be without hands
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by icez: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
But this is someone who went to pray.
He is a guest in their country.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by manny4life(m): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039:

This is the kind of law we need in this country,by now most of our politicians should be without hands

Supported, in addition with death penalty.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Soundmind(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
very good.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by GARRIx7(m): 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
I think the punishment is too harsh. Imprisonment, heavy fine etc would have been more appropriate. This is 2012 for Christ's sake!!!

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by freeman500: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
Na wa. For these people oo!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
I'm pissed! - why do Nigerians travel to these stone age countries, anyway?

Nothing can replace an amputated hand - fvck the ragheads in Saudi Arabia!! sad

18 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by freecocoa(f): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Oh well, na their brother hand them cut so that one concern them cheesy.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Donjinks(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Arabs nd babaric laws! Shit happens!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
icez: But this is someone who went to pray.
He is a guest in their country.

Pray for what, if I may ask?
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by mmmustapha(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
gud job by Saudi authority, they used islam law. I wish we could hav such punishment in naija

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: Oh well, na their brother hand them cut so that one concern them cheesy.

How's the victim their brother? - and when did blacks and ragheads start the "brotherhood" madness??

It's not funny!
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2012

The AFP news agency says the kingdom applies the Islamic sharia law, including executions by the sword for people convicted of rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

Execution for, of all things, apostasy keh? In 2012? How the hell does that happen?
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by freecocoa(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
shymexx:

How's the victim their brother? - and when did blacks and ragheads start the "brotherhood" madness??

It's not funny!
Duh! *rolls eyes*
Is he not a muslim? as far as I'm concerned,
he is their brother and his name is Mohammed in case you didn't notice, his country of origin is the last thing I wanna care about now.undecided

9 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
"Muslims are the first victims of islam"

9 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
k2039:

hahaha
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by jimino(m): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
abeg make all d abokis park go dis country make dey leave us in peace, Since dats wat dey want

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Kx: 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sharia is simply put "legalised jungle justice"
Howcome the moslem brothers aint shouting alah kubar in this event of the full observance of d dictates of sharia law and by extension d koran vide dis latest amputation of d thief"s hand?
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by informatix: 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lesson for Nigerian Politicians FARCROOK lawal and Otedola A lesson for you.
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by icez: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
shymexx:

Pray for what, if I may ask?

I was just asking.
grin grin grin
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by jmoore(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
It is normal for them to do it. If you are a muslim that's what you signed up for. smh

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by RedLight1: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
Shuo! Hausa fifle(people) self i dey give us bad name internationally

i tink say na only our brother frm d other side lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by optimusprime2(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
grin oops...
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by jimino(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
pro01:

Execution for, of all things, apostasy keh? In 2012? How the hell does that happen?
dats wat dey do. One of my studnt in kano state wer i served told me dat if dey c any muslim dat convert 2 christian, such person must b killed
Re: Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
freecocoa: Duh! *rolls eyes*
Is he not a muslim? as far as I'm concerned,
he is their brother and his name is Mohammed in case you didn't notice, his country of origin is the last thing I wanna care about now.undecided

If we were to go by your logic - Aryan Nation, KKK, White Supremacists are also "brothers" with black Christians, no??

He's Nigerian - and all Nigerians should frown at this madness...

It's unacceptable, regardless of whether the victim has the same belief system with them, or not...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Delivers Road Infrastructure, Bridge In Ojo Local Government / Mbaka: Arresting Nnamdi Kanu Will Not Stop Killings By Bandits (Video) / PDP's Suleman Sabo Wins Kuje Chairmanship Election In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.