Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,775 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos (15291 Views)

5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN / Container Falls In VI, Lagos Today (Photos) / PHOTO: 40 Feet Container Falls On Car In Maryland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by jidsoon(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2012
No fewer than three persons were crushed to death yesterday when a 40-feet containerized vehicle fell on a Mazda car on the Badagry-Seme Expressway.

The accident which occurred at about 1.15p.m, was attributed to the bad road which has been a nightmare to commuters and other users of the road.

The containerized vehicle with registration number XT 339 AKD was said to be conveying some goods when it lost control and fell on the car, with four occupants. Three of the passengers died instantly, while the driver was in a critical condition.

The accident caused a heavy traffic while passers-by went on an immediate rescue mission of the trapped persons, before officials of Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, and Lagos State Traffic Management Authourity, LASTMA, came to the scene of the accident.

Three of the occupants pulled out from the crushed car had already died. Vanguard learnt that the driver of the truck fled immediately the accident occurred. Eye witnesses told Vanguard that the bad portion of the road has been left because of the on going reconstruction and that the danger has been there all along.

“For the fact that the road is no longer manageable, road users often drive against traffic to avoid container carrying trucks; now it has claimed lives,” exclaimed a regular road user.

The accident attracted a lot of condemnations of the government towards its people, with an eye-witness saying; “This is an indication that we are all driving on a time bomb. It could be I or you tomorrow”

As at the time LASTMA officials arrived the scene of the accident with a towing van in order to lift the container off the compressed car, a large number good spirited Nigerians, who swung into action almost immediately the accident occurred, had already evacuated the passengers on board the car with registration number UK 641 KJA.

http://news.naij.com/15118.html

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by omoh9ja: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2012
R.i.P to d dead ppl
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by kcreal(f): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2012
God have Mercy. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Osama10(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerian roads. cry
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2012
This is terrible ! God œooooooo
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2012
embarassed cry

Passed through this place last year.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by phemieojelabi: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2012
HORRIBLE! May their souls RIP.I just hope dey fix all dis roads 4 yuletide sake
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by highlandre(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2012
Your mercy we plead for on this nation, O Lord!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigeria is the only place that, before goin out of your house, You say "bye bye" to everyone, just in case you do not return. If police men don't kill you, container will, if not, the bad roads, If not, the robbers. Plane might explode, even in your house, police can just come in and shoot you.

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Abujafood: 11:05am On Nov 22, 2012
RIP to the hapless victims!
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2012
WTF!!!
RIP to the dead!!!
May the blood of the dead and the tears of the bereaved be on the heads of our leaders who have failed to build and maintain our roads..
angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Lusaint(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2012
Ah wich those wicked soul were force 2 ply 2 roads they fail 2 repair.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerian roads o. God have mercy
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by GARRIx7(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Updatenewsarena: Nigerians should cry to God for mercy and forgiveness of sins,we are too cruel and wicked in this country and thats why God god is using every available chances to punish,teach,warn and show some difficulties
I think ur "god" is a wicked BASTARD....
My God doesn't use "every available chance to punish" people...
undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2012
solidbroda: Nigeria is the only place that, before goin out of your house, You say "bye bye" to everyone, just in case you do not return. If police men don't kill you, container will, if not, the bad roads, If not, the robbers. Plane might explode, even in your house, police can just come in and shoot you.
True. Life in this parts can be short and brutish.
One thing that always comes to my mind seeing this containerized trucks is "what if that thing tips over just as you come alongside?!" see now...how does one escape this kind of calamity for heaven's sake?

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by pappilo(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2012
Very avoidable accident.

Fashola is working, Lagos is working!

Eko o ni baje o!
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by skerries: 11:16am On Nov 22, 2012
Goes under the carpet as usual, all we can do is to do what we know best bla bla bla with no action. you citizens go on and complain while you die slow and painful death, you think they care no they don't care
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by oyinsbank: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2012
The government is to be Blamed, So the lastma guys did not know that that road portion has been bad why cant make efforts to get fashola to repair the road. Yeye people.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2012
i wonder why FG abandoned lagos -seme, lagos -apapa express ways despite the fact that they are making a lot OF MONEY from the routes. DO WE REALLY HAVE GOVENMENT, anyway? EVERY DAY ON THOSE ROADS, CONTAINER -CARRYING TRAILERS ALWAYS FALL, ONLY THOSE WHO WERE AFFECTED CRITICALLY MADE THE DAILIES HEADLINES. besides, many trailers are outdated. you will see a FIAT trailers (1940s EDITION) or all those MONGO PARK ERA trailers that ,even thier manufacturers are already folded up, thats the type of trailers along those routes carrying loads heavier than them. no body to check them, ITS WHEN ACCIDENT LIKE THIS HAPPENED THAT WE WILL BE CRYING ALOUD.
GOD WILL CONSOLE THEIR FAMILIES.WHAT AN UNTIMELY DEATH
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by TCD: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2012
This is why defensive driving is the best.

Always assume the worst. When driving and I see an container carrying truck , loaded trucks or A petrol tanker, I just say to myself, what if I'm beside this big truck and this whole container just falls on my car. Sometimes especially on bad roads, with the overloading you'll see the cargo hold of the truck inclining to one side at close to 45 degrees almost tipping over.

I just jejely slow down, allow the truck to go or three or four vehicles overtake me and stand between me and the trailer, or just overtake as soon as possible.

Never be comfortable side by side a trailer in traffic, or following one immediately behind.

A school mate of mine's mother herself roasted to death when following a petrol tanker behind, the petrol just spilled on her car and burnt her car beyond recognition. Sad thing was she was just going home after seeing him on a visiting day.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by bryanhumber(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Nd i passd dis place just last month o shocked...R.I.P to the dead
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Clerverly: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2012
This was as a result of overloading and not bad road. That particular truck is not roadworthy.

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by naijathings(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2012
I can imagine how the victims were screaming when they saw the container was about to crash on them. God I beg oh. I cant scream.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by phemmy1987: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2012
Na traffic law fasola fit implement can't fix read. Mumu governor

1 Like

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by abuabdulhaqq(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=jidsoon]No fewer than three persons were crushed to death yesterday when a 40-feet containerized vehicle fell on a Mazda car on the Badagry-Seme Expressway.

The accident which occurred at about 1.15p.m, was attributed to the bad road which has been a nightmare to commuters and other users of the road.

The containerized vehicle with registration number XT 339 AKD was said to be conveying some goods when it lost control and fell on the car, with four occupants. Three of the passengers died instantly, while the driver was in a critical condition.

The accident caused a heavy traffic while passers-by went on an immediate rescue mission of the trapped persons, before officials of Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, and Lagos State Traffic Management Authourity, LASTMA, came to the scene of the accident.

Three of the occupants pulled out from the crushed car had already died. Vanguard learnt that the driver of the truck fled immediately the accident occurred. Eye witnesses told Vanguard that the bad portion of the road has been left because of the on going reconstruction and that the danger has been there all along.

“For the fact that the road is no longer manageable, road users often drive against traffic to avoid container carrying trucks; now it has claimed lives,” exclaimed a regular road user.

The accident attracted a lot of condemnations of the government towards its people, with an eye-witness saying; “This is an indication that we are all driving on a time bomb. It could be I or you tomorrow”

As at the time LASTMA officials arrived the scene of the accident with a towing van in order to lift the container off the compressed car, a large number good spirited Nigerians, who swung into action almost immediately the accident occurred, had already evacuated the passengers on board the car with registration number UK 641 KJA.

I feel bad when u saw this picture this is bad
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2012
What a terrible way to die! RIP
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Naijapikin1: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2012
This is sad, lord have mercy... Am sure some nit-wits here on NL will heap the blame on goodluck..... R.I.P to the dead.
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Pergrace: 11:40am On Nov 22, 2012
99.1% of trailers in our naija roads carry these containers UNFastened while on top speed.I wonder why the Road Safety marshals can't impound them.[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2012
Ow many people can RIP save...
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by tonym1(m): 11:42am On Nov 22, 2012
MAY GOD HELP US IN THAT COUNTRY .... REST IN PEACE
Re: 3 Crushed As Container Falls On Car In Lagos by Naijapikin1: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2012
Updatenewsarena: Nigerians should cry to God for mercy and forgiveness of sins,....(we are too cruel and wicked in this country and thats why God is using every available chances to punish,teach,warn and show some difficulties)...
We need prayers and repent from our sins.
Christ Lord forgive Us and have mercy
mr. Man, are you saying that they died as a result of the numerous sins that bedevil the nation?.... Have u forgotten that we all exist under the grace of GOD?....Stop sounding STUPIDLY HOLY!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Factional PDP Emerges In Kwara, Fields Candidates For Election _ / Lagos Govt Sacks 34 LASTMA For Extorting Motorists Under Ambode / Kuje Prison: DSS Repeatedly Warned Security Agencies Of Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.