Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Oyerinde: Kudos To Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyerinde: Kudos To Police (945 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Obiano Donates Patrol Cars To Police In Anambra (Photos) / Adams Oshimole Governor Of Edo State : Kudos To The Learned Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by silica(m): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2012
Oyerinde: Kudos to police
By Chuks Madueke

The police in Abuja, finally arraigned for armed robbery, the suspects earlier paraded by the Department of State Services, SSS, on August 1, in a televised press conference, before Justice E. A. Asemota of Oredo Magistrate Court, Benin City, Edo State. It will be recalled that in that press conference by SSS, the suspects were alleged to have on May 4, robbed and killed Olaitan Oyerinde, Principal Secretary to Edo State governor, Mr Adams Oshiomole at his residence, 65, 2nd Ugbor Road, G.R.A Benin City at 2am.

The suspects arraigned before the magistrate court included Mohammed Ibrahim Abdullahi, Raymond Onajite Origbo, Edeh Chikezie, Saidu Yakubu and others at large. The suspects pleaded not guilty to the armed robbery charge preferred against them and were granted bail while the case was adjourned to November 23.

This development rather brought to rest the intrigues and politics that had trailed the death of Oshiomole’s Principal Secretary, which gave vent to various shades of accusations and counter-accusations between the police and the SSS. Then on the other hand, between Oshiomole’s government and Peoples Democratic Party’s, PDP, leadership in Edo State since Oyerinde’s death occurred during the tensed build up to the last gubernatorial elections in Edo State.

Parading the six suspects over the murder while police investigation was still ongoing, the SSS had created the impression that it was running a parallel show when it was expected to close ranks with the police initially over the matter. Considering the sensitive nature of the agency to the overall security of the nation, the SSS is also expected not to be amenable to such hasty publicity stunts in its operations.

Is it likely that SSS paraded fake or perhaps innocent suspects in August in that widely televised media stunt? Was the action a deliberate one or perhaps inefficiency and laxity by the secret security agency? Or was it a cover-up for some parochial and political interests?

However, it will be recalled that the police under the DIG “D”, Peter Y. Gana on May 4, immediately deployed an investigating team over the murder case. The police investigating team led by one Chris Ezike, a Deputy Commissioner of Police, Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad, FSARS, had painstakingly identified 18 different suspects.

Yet after careful analysis of the reconstruction of the crime scene and the confessional statements by these different 18 suspects, one had no doubt that the police had successfully cracked the Oyerinde murder case. By dint of hard work and routine investigation that saw the police team traversing Kano, Adamawa, Lagos and Benin, the initial success in the case came through the telephone service providers that established the use and location of Oyerinde’s and his wife’s blackberry phones by the suspects. From there, a chain of other events followed that led to the arrest of the 18 suspects. Evidently, some of these suspects were identified by Oyerinde’s wife and his security guard as those who raided their residence on May 4. Yet on the other hand, Oyerinde’s wife and the guard could not identify any of those suspects earlier paraded by the SSS.

Kudos should, therefore,
be given to the police for cracking the Oyerinde murder case despite the initial attempt by the SSS to bungle the matter at the outset. The investigating team led by Ezike should be commended for its diligence, commitment and courage in cracking the Oyerinde murder case thereby saving the country another round of national embarrassment and shame.

In fact, the Chris Ezike-led team should be promoted immediately to encourage efficiency and productivity in the force since the achievement was no mean feat considering the circumstances and intrigues surrounding it and perhaps considering too that such high profile murder cases in the past have remained unresolved.

Yet one of the factors that contributed to the team’s success was the professional, dispassionate and unbiased stance taken by its leadership over the matter. Although attempts were made to influence and vilify the team, yet it remained focused and dedicated to its duty. No doubt, the team should be celebrated and rewarded, especially over recording such a feat at a time the police force is perceived as some blight in our collective efforts to improve our global image and rating.

President Goodluck Jonathan should auspiciously institute a panel of inquiry to look into the circumstances that caused the initial friction between the police and the SSS in order to forestall such cases of inter-agency rivalry in future since it has been proven to negate the overall principles of national interest. Such has gradually assumed an alarming proportion in the polity. The president should also consider as a matter of urgency awarding national honours to the Chris Ezike-led investigating team. Sincerely speaking, no garland is too much for the team.

Reliable sources have also quoted that this dynamic team led by Ezike have cracked the riddles surrounding the recent death in Lagos of a newly married man, Mr. Ugochukwu Ozuah.

At the moment, five policemen are said to be in custody over the Ozuah murder awaiting the recommendations of an expert ballistician before the development is made public.

Consequently, the nation may miss another opportunity to be so reckoned in the comity of nations if the Chris Ezike-led police investigating team was not rewarded for this selfless service to the nation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/oyerinde-kudos-to-police/
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by pokkadot: 10:28am On Nov 22, 2012
this report lacks substance. it looks like something written by the police to praise themselves for doing nothing. where are the 18 suspects they claim to have arrested? have they been taken to court? or is it only in the imagination of the writer. the day the police does away with their inferiority complex and face their job, that's the day they will get respect from Nigerians. kudos ko, kudos ni
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by PrettyRita(f): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2012
Let them show us Sani Mohammed first. I heared they have also released the notorious Boko haram commissioner of police, Zakari Biu. They have never been thorough, committed, or credible.
They said they paraded 18 persons, the first paragraph says 6 persons for murder. So the police is now parading two sets of suspects abi? Of course the SSS parading their suspects, got confessional statement, brought out recovered items, and linked the items to the crime. This report tells us that the police have paraded the suspects without evidence. Innocent people. The whole police structure is fraud. N20
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Ilaje44(m): 10:46am On Nov 22, 2012
O ga gan o. They should be promoted for doing an "excellent" job they are paid to do? They should be promoted to encourage them to do the job they are paid to do? And should they be relieved of their hitherto promotions because they did not do the work they were being paid to do?
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by HammedSodiqq: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2012
I Hate it when a security agency sponnsors an article for self glorification. Recorded inconsistencies in the report were not even sorted out. When suspects are arrested, evidences are collected and linked to the crime. With weighty evidences, some suspects would have no option than to confess. While some give voluntary confessional statement. The idea of coming out to praise yourself is criminal. Should we scrap them for conniving with boko haram and allowing suspects to escape? Or for being so lazy as to allow arm robbers into their force, remember some arm robbers were arrested in police training school. Lazy people.
I think they understand this better

Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by badlucky: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2012
Police people funny o. Who wan believe them again?
Well, for your info, they have upgraded, they now collect:

Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by dtemidare: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2012

MY ANALYSIS OF THE EXTRACT ABOVE IS PURE PROPAGANDA, SPONSORED REPORT BY THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE AND TOTAL PRAISE SINGING OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY WHOSE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY IS TO PROTECT LIVES AND PROPERTY OF ITS CITIZENS BUT HAVE FAILED SEVERALLY TO LIVE UP TO ITS RESPOSIBILITIES. THIS REPORT IS JUST A PLOY TO SAVE ITS FACE FROM THE MESS IT HAS DRAGGED ITSELF INTO. WITH THEIR SPECIAL FORCE HOW HAVE THEY SOLVED CASES OF INSECURITY, TERRORISM (BH)OTHER THAN LETTING TERROR SUSPECTS ESCAPE FROM ITS CUSTODY.

LET ME QUICKLY REMIND YOU OF ITS RECENT FAILURES

1. AHMED YUSUF WAS ARRESTED WAS BY THE SSS AND HANDED OVER TO THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE, WHAT DID THEY DO THEY LET HIM ESCAPE AND EVENTUALLY KILLED HIM.

2. SEVERAL TERROR SUSPECTS HAVE BEEN LET LOOSE BY THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE. WHERE DO I START FROM. A LONG LIST OF THEM.

3. SANI MOHAMMED A TERROR SUSPECT RECENTLY ESCAPED CUSTODY IN THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE ABUJA.

4. OTEDOLA AND FAROUK LAWAN SAGA THE POLICE NEVER HANDLED IT WELL, THEY TOOK SIDES WITH POLITICIANS AND HANDLED IT LIKE THE HANDLE OTHER CASES OF NATIONAL SECURITY THAT WAS BROUGHT TO ITS DOOR STEP.

5. THE NIGERIAN POLICE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN NUMEROUS NUMBER OF EXTRAJUDICIAL KILLINGS. THATS WHY BH NVR STOPS KILLING......

6. THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE ESCALATED THE BOKO HARAM ISSUE TO WHAT ITS IS TODAY. HOW ARE WE SURE THEY HAVE NOT KILLED ALL THE TERROR SUSPECTS IN THEIR CUSTODY.

MY ADVICE TO THEM IS TO DO THEIR JOB EFFECTIVELY, EFFICIENTLY WITHOUT BIAS AND SET THEIR MINDS AWAY FROM SELF GLORIFICATION AND PUBLIC PRAISE SINGING. IF THEY DO THEIR JOB WELL THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY WILL SEE IT,NIGERIANS WILL SEE IT. IF THEY DONT KNOW NIGERIANS ARE TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THEM.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Israelmossaic: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2012
It appears NPF has shares in Vanguard. Credible Papers must screen articles before publication. Sponsored articles like this should appear as advert. I don't see anything in this.
Thousands of murder cases have been recorded in this country. Non got this publicity. Or is it because Oshiomole is involved? What about ordinary nigerians? Are human lives now diffrent?
NPF has taken up another responsibility- praise singing, even when it has recorded the worst failure in the history of policing or security enforcement. They are numerous but produce little or no result. Let them parade the suspects. No mention was even made of recovered evidence. The report was just aimed at laundering the battered image of the force, and to canvass for promotion for one of their own Crooks.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Stallion77(f): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
This report appears biased and tilted to favour a certain set of individuals... this is not journalism,its more like an advertorial. You dont give orders to President and who are you to ''think'' instead of presenting facts as it is and allow your readers do the thinking for themselves... Jeez! i just wasted another 2mins of my time reading this and replying!!!
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Opiti99: 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
To be very sincere, I think the efforts of the SSS towards curbing the present security challenges in the country has aid the NPF to step up their games. Cos one could hardly feel their impact before the SSS took up the mantle of leadership in championing war against terrorism and crimes within the country. To a large extent, I feel the SSS deserve an applaud for their achievements so far and rather the NPF should take a bold step in ensuring safety of life and properties of Nigerians
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by EteFlexible: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
I am disappointed with the NPF, has solving crime now become a competition? No professionalism in handling issues. This report looks more or less a sponsored article to degrade an active security agency to boost the failure of the NPF.... Shame on themmmmmmmmm
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by bubadaniel13: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
The Police is at it again with their tale of lies,we all know how the issue started Adams Oshiomhole even critised the police for bringing the facts on ground,today one Chuks Madueke who is paid by the NPF published this nonsense called article,I am highly disappointed,the NPF has lost it's credibility a long time ago,imagine the writer saying that the people involved should be promoted,that is to tell u that there is an undertone to this article.I just wonder what the NPF will gain from calling a reputable agency like the DSS a bad name I don't think Nigerians will agree with them.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by BlackMamba2: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
this write up is laughable...infact its a successfull attempt at humor! I wonder why Vanguard allowed their medium to be used for this kinda bull.crap...oh i forgot...the highest bidder gets his story published regardless of its comic content! this should be at the jokes section!

[size=14pt]NEXT[/size]
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by General02: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
pokkadot: this report lacks substance. it looks like something written by the police to praise themselves for doing nothing. where are the 18 suspects they claim to have arrested? have they been taken to court? or is it only in the imagination of the writer. the day the police does away with their inferiority complex and face their job, that's the day they will get respect from Nigerians. kudos ko, kudos ni

Your talking!!! how was the investigation carried out? how did they tie the stolen blackberry phone of oyerinde to the culprits? how did they arrive at the eighteen suspects? nigerians should demand a full report on the investigation under the Free of Information act to enable us know what the Nigerian Police is up to.

There should be a full press statement detailing how they achiecved thier untold success.

I hope they dont kill all the oyerinde suspects before they appear in court?
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Joeadamu86: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
I wonder what the NPF want to get from story,this a strong indication that it's looking for cheap popularity,what kind of unprofessionalism is this,you want to dent another agency's effort to be applauded?that is to tell hoe corrupt the NPF is,all they do is to allow suspect escape,if my memory does not fail me,Kabirusokoto whom they allowed him to escape was later arrested by the DSS,what are they trying to tell us....As for me I have lost confidence in the police a long time ago.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Israelmossaic: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Promote people that run away when they see criminals.
Only Nigerrian police can turn around and kill U when u call them that u are being attacked by arm roobers. They shoot the owner of the house cause they can't arrest robbers.
Only d NPF can arrest few weeks old baby
Only in NPF can suspects freely walk away from custody
Only in npf can u see police supporting hoodlums to kill port harcourt students in Aluu

Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by Joeadamu86: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2012
pokkadot: this report lacks substance. it looks like something written by the police to praise themselves for doing nothing. where are the 18 suspects they claim to have arrested? have they been taken to court? or is it only in the imagination of the writer. the day the police does away with their inferiority complex and face their job, that's the day they will get respect from Nigerians. kudos ko, kudos ni
Maybe the NPF think we are all dummies in Nigeria,we are seeing their unending blunders all over the Nation.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by usmanyaro17: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is rather unfortunate and a cheap blackmail,for the NPF to discredit another Agency to gain cheap popularity leaves much to be desired,when we compare the NPF and the DSS records the DSS will score highier because the NPF is a huge disappointment to many Nigerians.
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by dokzell: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
haba!!!!!!!!! Madueke u can do better. Next time try and conceal d fact that dis is a sponsored piece. Anyway, Nigerians knw d truth., just give us details of d so called police investigation and the evidence linking d suspects arrested by the Ezike led "Crack Squad" with Oyerinde's murder like d SSS peepz have done and leave Nigerians to determine wether ur pay masters deserve all the accolades u are advocating.As far as credibility is concerned, the police has scored zero

++++++
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by KingGeorge1: 9:58am On Mar 06, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy,,,,how much did the police pay this guy to write this? so funny my friend if ur blind becuz of road block money that has been given 2 u by the police Nigerian are not blind,we knw wat police r n how many time they have out rightly shown nigerian that they r not just d bunch of guys 2 believe in..so wake n do a better home work b4 putting this kind of write up on nairaland
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by bubadaniel13: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2013
King George: cheesy cheesy cheesy,,,,how much did the police pay this guy to write this? so funny my friend if ur blind becuz of road block money that has been given 2 u by the police Nigerian are not blind,we knw wat police r n how many time they have out rightly shown nigerian that they r not just d bunch of guys 2 believe in..so wake n do a better home work b4 putting this kind of write up on nairaland
O boy the NPF is doing all its can to make a point, the harm has already been done, they have lost credibility a long time ago,we Nigerians know the truth abt the NPF,we just in the hands of God cos as far as i am concern we don't have anything call police in Nigeria.. cry cry cry
Re: Oyerinde: Kudos To Police by princenayo: 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
wat kind of cock and bull is this. Tcheew nxt.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Not Turn 100 In 2014 By Musiwa / Who Are Ur 3 Most Ugliest Politicians/celebs In Naija That Hav Phd. On Ugliness? / Happy 60th Birthday To Governor Adams Oshiomohole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.