Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) (2028 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Y'all Should Stop Taking The Bible Out Of Context!!! >:( / Things You Need To Stop Doing To Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by iAMsuccess(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
He has been my childhood frnd,It started 4 yrs ago,when his life turned upside down,i tried talking him out of it.But all efforts went down drain,please advice on how to help him
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
Die! and rot in hell!! For suicide will surely land you there, i hope you are there roasting like turkey already.
As for me, i prefer to keep praying to the God of my salvation so that i can reach my expected end. Have a safe journey, 1 chance trip.
Hasta la vista brah! You might find yourself landing in purgatory sha (no where them rcc people, i did not stay long enough to know if suicide cases will end in purgatory).
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Lasinoh: 3:41am On Nov 23, 2012
You are not alone.
Nigeria leaves you no choice but to fail honestly!
Try trekking to Cuba.
I would have done just that instead of contemplating suicide.
Or look for a 'rich' man's daughter to fall in love with you.
Use your 'manly' ways! kiss
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 6:15am On Nov 23, 2012
Or learn a trade!
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by OME1(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2012
If you commit suicide, do you think your soul will rest in peace? NO YOU WILL GO TO HELL IF YOU COMMIT SUICIDE. That aside you will even put yourself and your family in shame..better re-consider
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2012
iAMsuccess: I am a young guy, without d hope
of progress, I tried pk rayer, coucil,
fasting and all sorts, but still, I feel
unnessesary in dis wrld. All av got
is 24 hrs to ut a end in my misery,
suicide for sure, I as v no reasons
to b alive in d first place, all I need
is a quick nd painless death so all
this cld end, jst like dat. Nlanders,
u giys av been gr8, fnx 4 d
hummor. cry

this world is suffering from population problems. at this rate we will all end up dying. so please go die. you do this world a great service.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by manmustwac(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2012
You can't even write proper english. Dude your not serious undecided
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by ujchief(m): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2012
Please, drop ur nairaland pasword for me. I would luv to inherit such a positive handle from u.
Tanks.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

this world is suffering from population problems. at this rate we will all end up dying. so please go die. you do this world a great service.
Meeen, you too wicked o.

ujchief: Please, drop ur nairaland pasword for me. I would luv to inherit such a positive handle from u.
Tanks.
Na ole you be sef.

@op, ARE YOU DEAD YET?
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by OME1(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2012
The guy never reply sha...it be lyk say em don die..oh 24hrs never reach
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2012
YOU PLAY TOO MUCH. QUIT PLAYIN FOO
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
iAMsuccess:

I am a young guy, without d hope
hummor. cry

I read your submission on your other topic and soon realised that there are some things you need to get right. You said that you were baptised at the age of 10 and the church assured you that you were then saved, and since you could not feel saved you began to doubt your salvation.

First, water baptism is not what saves you your faith does. Peter said:

"Repent, and be baptised every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38).

You can see 3 things here; Repentance, water baptism and the gift of the Holy Spirit. You can see that it is only after repentance that one should submit himself to water baptism. Water baptism is only a response of obedience after repentance.

Salvation is like a two sided coin. You have faith on one side and repentance on the other. I could see that you not only based your salvation on water baptism you also based it on what you felt after the water baptism. We are saved by faith not by works it is the grace of God which is largely dependent on faith not on how you feel. The bible says that:

"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on Him shall not be ashamed" (Romans 10:9-11). Read Psalm 51 for a model prayer of repentance.

So you can see from those verses that our salvation is based on the Word of God that we hear. For the Scriptures says again that:

"faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).

As you put your trust in the Word of God and not your feelings, and then submit all your cares and sins to Him with a contrite heart as David did in Psalm 51 you will see God come through for you. Even if you sin don't let that move you still put your trust in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. He said it is finished! So don't go by what others are feeling or not feeling, don't try to impress others, you can only please God by faith;

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

You can see here that the key that opens the door of salvation is faith. Try establishing any sort of friendship without faith and you will see how frustrating that could be. Walk up to a lady and introduce yourself to her and when she responds by telling you her name tell her that you doubt it, if she goes ahead to tell you where she works tell her that you don't believe it, do you think that you will be able to get the friendship started let alone fall in love? No, because your lack of faith in her is a strong indication that you are saying that she is a liar. When we don't trust God's Word we are essentially saying that He is a liar. The Scripture says:

"He that believes not God has made Him a liar" (1 John 5:10).

It also warns us here that we should:

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief" (Hebrews 3:12).

Here is a command to us by our Lord Jesus Christ:

"Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22).

I am saying all these to stress that if we can't establish a meaningful human relationship without faith, how do we expect we could have one with God if by our unbelief we continue to call Him a liar?

Our hope, our strenght and our life is in Christ Jesus and when we call on Him He will surely answer and we would not be put to shame.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
hummor. cry

Get a gun and blow your brains out. You will feel better afterwards.

1 Like

Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by PastorKun(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
I think the OP is really troubled, here is a link to his first thread on NL https://www.nairaland.com/1058135/why-m-no-longer-christian.

@Iamsuccess
Do you mind sharing with us what is depressing you so much that you are contemplating suicide? Kindly desist from taking your own life as whatever is wrong can be solved. You can share your problem with us here and we might just be able to help.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
O.M.E:
The guy never reply sha...it be lyk say em don die..oh 24hrs never reach
The guy don pai finally, he did not even wait for 24hours.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I read your submission on your other topic and soon realised that there are some things you need to get right. You said that you were baptised at the age of 10 and the church assured you that you were then saved, and since you could not feel saved you began to doubt your salvation.

First, water baptism is not what saves you your faith does. Peter said:

"Repent, and be baptised every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38).

You can see 3 things here; Repentance, water baptism and the gift of the Holy Spirit. You can see that it is only after repentance that one should submit himself to water baptism. Water baptism is only a response of obedience after repentance.

Salvation is like a two sided coin. You have faith on one side and repentance on the other. I could see that you not only based your salvation on water baptism you also based it on what you felt after the water baptism. We are saved by faith not by works it is the grace of God which is largely dependent on faith not on how you feel. The bible says that:

"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on Him shall not be ashamed" (Romans 10:9-11). Read Psalm 51 for a model prayer of repentance.

So you can see from those verses that our salvation is based on the Word of God that we hear. For the Scriptures says again that:

"faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).

As you put your trust in the Word of God and not your feelings, and then submit all your cares and sins to Him with a contrite heart as David did in Psalm 51 you will see God come through for you. Even if you sin don't let that move you still put your trust in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. He said it is finished! So don't go by what others are feeling or not feeling, don't try to impress others, you can only please God by faith;

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

You can see here that the key that opens the door of salvation is faith. Try establishing any sort of friendship without faith and you will see how frustrating that could be. Walk up to a lady and introduce yourself to her and when she responds by telling you her name tell her that you doubt it, if she goes ahead to tell you where she works tell her that you don't believe it, do you think that you will be able to get the friendship started let alone fall in love? No, because your lack of faith in her is a strong indication that you are saying that she is a liar. When we don't trust God's Word we are essentially saying that He is a liar. The Scripture says:

"He that believes not God has made Him a liar" (1 John 5:10).

It also warns us here that we should:

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief" (Hebrews 3:12).

Here is a command to us by our Lord Jesus Christ:

"Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22).

I am saying all these to stress that if we can't establish a meaningful human relationship without faith, how do we expect we could have one with God if by our unbelief we continue to call Him a liar?

Our hope, our strenght and our life is in Christ Jesus and when we call on Him He will surely answer and we would not be put to shame.

blah blah blah tongue
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by PATTIBAT10(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
My bro, I feel your pain and hurts. Life can be forking tough but remember the good times. Do you need to end ur life because of what you are facing now. If you feel all hope is gone, why not try something drastic like robbing or kidnapping except you think your problem can't be solved. You ave got one life to live and after that, nothing else. Take one day at a time and try something you ave never done before to derive a different result. I know you are still alive. If it was that bad, you won't announce it on Nairaland. Meanwhile, for me, I need a loan. If anyone can assist, contact 08138386571 or send a mail to imoh4king@yahoo.com. God bless Us.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by OME1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
The guy don pai finally, he did not even wait for 24hours.
nawa..suicide is a way of telling the world that you are a loser
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
O.M.E:
nawa..suicide is a way of telling the world that you are a loser
And also a one-way ticket to el diablo zone!
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Toluk1(f): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
What u nid is Jesus. He's d only one dat can giv u peace. Ending ur life wil land u in bigger misery & pain. Just pray.call Him & He'll ansa. HE'S D PRINCE OF PEACE.

1 Like

Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^Are you preaching to the dead op? The guy don peme since!
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by alexleo(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: Die! and rot in hell!! For suicide will surely land you there, i hope you are there roasting like turkey already.
As for me, i prefer to keep praying to the God of my salvation so that i can reach my expected end. Have a safe journey, 1 chance trip.
Hasta la vista brah! You might find yourself landing in purgatory sha (no where them rcc people, i did not stay long enough to know if suicide cases will end in purgatory).
grin grin grin grin laugh wan kill me here. nairalanders na wa for una.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
Na you sabi, i hope op wrote his will before he killed himself (as he is tired of life). But if he is still alive (which i doubt), then he should consider repentance.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by LordKratos1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
brov jst take things easy, u can mail me if u need sm1 to tlk to.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by joe4christ(m): 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2012
[size=15pt]The Op is not dead, cos he was 'Last seen: 2:26pm' today, so if you guys could help him get to shared his depression so solutions can be profered!

And pls OP suicide is the last thing that should ever come to your mind, i think u actually need deliverance, no normal human under his right mind would wanna commit suicide except under demonic influence.
So pls go and get prayed for, i sense your problem being spiritual.
Suicide is a direct ticket to hell, beleive me on this one![/size]
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 1:17am On Nov 25, 2012
The op seems dead to me, maybe someone else is using the ID.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Image123(m): 1:56am On Nov 25, 2012
double post
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by Image123(m): 1:56am On Nov 25, 2012
ol boi, country hard oh. iamsuccess don turn iamsuicide. All will be well.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by pastormustwacc: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2012
I hear the guy don ressurect, i await to see his ghost.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by ujchief(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2012
It seems our friend has done it.
www.nairaland.com/1113718/man-slits-own-throat-over/1#13115950
i hope its not him, b'cos i will feel guilty that i didnt try to encourage him.
Pls someone tell me its not him.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by PastorKun(m): 8:23am On Nov 26, 2012
ujchief: It seems our friend has done it.
www.nairaland.com/1113718/man-slits-own-throat-over/1#13115950
i hope its not him, b'cos i will feel guilty that i didnt try to encourage him.
Pls someone tell me its not him.

No it doesn't sound like the same person but I must comment that must people on this thread were mean to him and I was really disappointed. A man contemplating suicide must be in a very depressed mental state and it was really unnecessary to mock him. The best you could have done is encourage him not to give up on like or just keep quiet.
Re: He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) by lifestyle1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
hummor. cry

Young man, what can you do with your hands ? are you educated ? do you have any talent ? How old are you ? do you have friends/family ? check your self. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Simple Responses To Science-based Atheism / A Day Of Prayer For Nigeria Live From National Stadium / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His Birthday Today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.