Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:53 PM

Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? (7272 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by omotola1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
There is no doubt we all know parenting is not an easy task.
Some people consider flogging a child cruel, inhumane and callous.
Would you consider insulting a child an appropriate disciplinary measure instead of flogging?
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by greatgod2012(f): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2012
how many pple like to be insulted,if u are d type dt insults ur children, u are killing their morale unknowingly. D golden rule is applicable here, do unto others what u will like to be done unto u, dt they are children doesnt mean dt they are not human beings, so,no insults,pls.
However, we all know that these children can get on our nerves sometimes, so,personally,i prefer to use "egba tinrin" to call them to order, each time they seem to be very annoying, rather than insult them and kill their morale and confidence.
My opinion anyway!
May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 23, 2012
greatgod2012:
how many pple like to be insulted,if u are d type dt insults ur children, u are killing their morale unknowingly. D golden rule is applicable here, do unto others what u will like to be done unto u, dt they are children doesnt mean dt they are not human beings, so,no insults,pls.
However, we all know that these children can get on our nerves sometimes, so,personally,i prefer to use "egba tinrin" to call them to order, each time they seem to be very annoying, rather than insult them and kill their morale and confidence.
My opinion anyway!
May God help us all.

Ah! my sister ! egba tirin! I don't like that idea atall and I would really like to try that egba tirin on you to know how it feels and I am not even kidding!

Take a break if you get frustrated with them! I put my Ipod on the highest volume and listen to the calmest R&B until everybody calm down , even when I drive too and they start their tantrums IPOD!!...no pain infliction pls.

May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by greatgod2012(f): 5:22am On Nov 23, 2012
jidegirl12:

Ah! my sister ! egba tirin! I don't like that idea atall and I would really like to try that egba tirin on you to know how it feels and I am not even kidding!

Take a break if you get frustrated with them! I put my Ipod on the highest volume and listen to the calmest R&B until everybody calm down , even when I drive too and they start their tantrums IPOD!!...no pain infliction pls.

May God help us all.

b4 "egba tinrin" will be used, it shoud be after several warnings and talkings without positive change, my sister, im also not an advocate of pain infliction, but sometimes, u cant just help it, but use it, i use to flog, may be, once in a month, after seriously getting on my nerve. My commonest form of punishment is usually "go and sleep in ur room", but if after this, d misbehaviour continues in their rooms, then "egba tinrin" comes into it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by omotola1(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2012
Some parents find themselves insulting their children against their wish... Some children are very very stubborn!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by ifyalways(f): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2012
Why you insult your kids you are indirectly insulting yourself, IMO. Ok, maybe I should ask, what qualifies as an insult undecided

Its bad parenting to insult kids. You're teaching them that its acceptable to "insult" when you are mad.

I scold, draw their ears etc but no insult.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2012
ifyalways: Why you insult your kids you are indirectly insulting yourself, IMO. Ok, maybe I should ask, what qualifies as an insult undecided

Its bad parenting to insult kids. You're teaching them that its acceptable to "insult" when you are mad.

I scold, draw their ears etc but no insult.

Gosh ify! now you draw ears too!!
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by ifyalways(f): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2012
^ lol. My last son is a handful and right now, we're at the stage of "hold your ears and listen carefully, mommy says . . ." we'll outgrow that stage soon. I don't mean "pinching or whining the ears" .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2012
So how does insulting them make them less sturborn?
When would we learn to talk? Let us start reducing the aggression and pent up anger.
When a child misbehaves you act like an adult not like another uncontrollable child, loosing your owwn temper and resorting to insults shows lack of control

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by salolo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
It is not good, because bible explain that.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
BEAT THE CHILDREN TO A PULP! SQUASH THEM! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by dopeJemi: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
I must confess

Dis z d dumbest question av seen on nairaLand

Wat z wrong wiv dese Mods

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by aryzgreat: 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
Am sorry to say this, the yorubas are in the habit of correcting their wards with insults. To me this is very bad, words of mouth from parents have strong effects on their children's future

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
NO. IT IS PRIMITIVE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by free2ryhme: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
omotola1: There is no doubt we all know parenting is not an easy task.
Some people consider flogging a child cruel, inhumane and callous.
Would you consider insulting a child an appropriate disciplinary measure instead of flogging?
\

your topic is too shallow ..find beta tin do
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Bryan12(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
it's very wrong.bro.i've once been a victim.#ma mumsy#.up till now i still hate ma mum,she doesn't occur,i never think bout her....and i know its definately same with my other brothers,we all prefer staying with our popsy....and i'd never let my children go through what i went through with my mum

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by ziondaughter: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
Insulting ur child is never a disciplinary measure in parenting. A lot of children have been suffering from dis problem. Parents use ur mouth to bless ur children no mata what

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
Most silly question i've had d misfortune to see! Mtcheww

next qweshun pls?! angry
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2012
Our bible says it all..... Spare the rod and spoil the child..... I don't care what anyone thinks o but for me, is canning all the way and it works even when no1 is around, they don't misbehave... To all of u saying no flogging,for u I SMH coz ur kids will be rude towards outsiders.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by ziondaughter: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
omotola1: Some parents find themselves insulting their children against their wish... Some children are very very stubborn!!!

No mata wat. I know its not easy but its just a phase n it will pass out. I know wat am saying. My husband suffered dat abuse to d point wen he was sick i told him to involve his parents n he sed no n by d tym he yielded to my persistent plea it had gone out of hand. Now he is dead. He was so traumatised due to their upbringing but i was like his new moter after we got married. He neva wanted me to shout or insult.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by ziondaughter: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bryan12: it's very wrong.bro.i've once been a victim.#ma mumsy#.up till now i still hate ma mum,she doesn't occur,i never think bout her....and i know its definately same with my other brothers,we all prefer staying with our popsy....and i'd never let my children go through what i went through with my mum

My broda if u are an independent person i would beg u to go talk to ur mother. Lets not hold grudge she carried u 4 nine months. At dis stage if u talk to her she would listen i assure u dat. Just read d comment i made on omotola1's thread. Please ,make peace wit ur mom no mata wat. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by abohrandy: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2012
omotola1: Some parents find themselves insulting their children against their wish... Some children are very very stubborn!!!

against dia wish, huh? they are not kids nau. dey can control it joor!!!
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by abohrandy: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
aryzgreat: Am sorry to say this, the yorubas are in the habit of correcting their wards with insults. To me this is very bad, words of mouth from parents have strong effects on their children's future

what are u sorry for? its a fact. if it pain any yoruba pesin make him go hit head for transformer!! wuna too dey sugar-coat stuff for this country!! effed up shit!!
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by mshd5: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
may God help
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Bertbert: 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
Once they get on my nerves,I don't flog or insult them,I will simply send the kid to prison(a spare room in my house that is not occupied)the kid will spend not less than 1hr there depending on the severity of his crime.He will be hearing the voices of other kids from there while they are playing but he can't join them because he is in prison,when finally released it will be hard for him to commit same offense again. The funniest part of it is that they always remind and alert one another concerning room prison whenever one is trying to derail. They hate room prison die grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by abohrandy: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
since i entered dis country i noticed that parents treat dia children as if they are slaves esp in the rural area. the pikin no beg u to come ur family nau. its only in nigeria that i have seen where children answer their parents "SIR" and "MA". The "MA" is not bad to me oh but na that "SIR" dey burst ma head.

insults are not good coz the kid will tend to b insultive too.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by abohrandy: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bertbert: Once they get on my nerves,I don't flog or insult them,I will simply send the kid to prison(a spare room in my house that is not occupied)the kid will spend not less than 1hr there depending on the severity of his crime.He will be hearing the voices of other kids from there while they are playing but he can't join them because he is in prison,when finally released it will be hard for him to commit same offense again. The funniest part of it is that they always remind and alert one another concerning room prison whenever one is trying to derail. They hate room prison die grin grin grin

i think i will go with this one!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by drnoel: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
good question
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Bryan12(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
ziondaughter:

My broda if u are an independent person i would beg u to go talk to ur mother. Lets not hold grudge she carried u 4 nine months. At dis stage if u talk to her she would listen i assure u dat. Just read d comment i made on omotola1's thread. Please ,make peace wit ur mom no mata wat. God bless u
I think you're right via your post but talking to my mum would be kinda hard
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
[size=18pt]
it's bad because
[/size]
[size=18pt]
insults have
[/size]
[size=18pt]
some have
[/size]
[size=18pt] some negative
effects on children .
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by omotola1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2012
Bryan12: it's very wrong.bro.i've once been a victim.#ma mumsy#.up till now i still hate ma mum,she doesn't occur,i never think bout her....and i know its definately same with my other brothers,we all prefer staying with our popsy....and i'd never let my children go through what i went through with my mum
I experienced same too bro. And here are some ediots condemning this post!!!
I still see it happening frequently especially amongst Yoruba tribe.
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Insult Their Children? by 1ndidi2(f): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
Mama ndidi: ndidi!ndidi!ndiiiiidi! Bia where is that stupid girl undecided

Ndidi: maaaaaa(busy watching #jane by design movie#)

Mama ndidi: come on zuzuru bia ebe a!(Mumishly come here) Ara agbagbuo gi! Okpo(maddness catch you,mumu) grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Moms From Kid President / Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? / Men and their joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.