Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

New Disturbing Trends On NL - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Disturbing Trends On NL (1912 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Disturbing Trends On Nairaland / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 23, 2012
Overtime, We have had different disturbing trends on NL
Earlier this year the garri crew gave all of us a tough time, even Seun had to intervene(tho', he handled it wrongly)
In the past few weeks i've noticed two(2) very disturbing trends, Dunno if i'm over-reacting or something....

1. The First to comment syndrome(FTCS): Sometime last week, i was having a boring day at work and i decided to visit my favorite e-hangout spot(Nairaland.com) I read through the front page and saw a really interesting topic concerning our beloved country. I clicked it open, read through the main post and was expecting to see some reasonable contributions.... next thing i saw was 1st to comment and i was like wtf! i waved it aside and continued reading and i started seeing 49th to comment, 67th to comment. Is there a gold medal for comment positions or do you get to win an aeroplane for constant 1st to comment or are NL members smoking something i've not heard of

2. Sent from my .....: Oga Seun, have people started posting comments from e-mails?
In this last week i've come across the following:
Sent from my Nokia 3310
Sent from my Iphone5
Sent from my private jet
Sent from my Ipad
Sent from my Peugeot 504 V12 engine

The last one left me discombobulated and i immediately shut my laptop and went to bed angry angry
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by JustME7(m): 6:14am On Nov 23, 2012
The first to comment is being written by small kids. They just want to be heard. Matured minds won't write such. And as for the ''sent from my ...'' that one na fun o. Especially when they write something like sent from my calculator, toyota or even micchellin tyre.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by k2039: 6:17am On Nov 23, 2012
I see nothing wrong in writing the following provided the person made a reasonable contribution to the thread.Reverse is the case here though and it just shows the state of the nation,that as much we have intelligient people in this country so also are the dim witted.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2012
Its all fun! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Mynd44: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2012
SniperInADiaper: Its all fun! grin grin grin
Yeah it's fun until you have a serious topic and more than half the post are by clowns
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ITbomb(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2012
^^^clown?
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Mynd44: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2012
Yeah clowns
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2012
k2039: I see nothing wrong in writing the following provided the person made a reasonable contribution to the thread.Reverse is the case here though and it just shows the state of the nation,that as much we have intelligient people in this country so also are the dim witted.

I find it very disturbing to see such
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 23, 2012
Just-ME:
The first to comment is being written by small kids. They just want to be heard. Matured minds won't write such. And as for the ''sent from my ...'' that one na fun o. Especially when they write something like sent from my calculator, toyota or even micchellin tyre.

Sent from my calculator? shocked
Wtf!
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 23, 2012
Another revolution on the way undecided
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 23, 2012
k2039: I see nothing wrong in writing the following provided the person made a reasonable contribution to the thread.Reverse is the case here though and it just shows the state of the nation,that as much we have intelligient people in this country so also are the dim witted.

well said...you nailed it bro..as long as the person made a reasonable post, i won't get pissed with his first to comment ish

sent from flanrey's office

1 Like

Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2012
lalaosky:

well said...you nailed it bro..as long as the person made a reasonable post, i won't get pissed with his first to comment ish

grin
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
lalaosky:

grin grin

The problem is, most of them just write that and post
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ikekings(m): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
I love the sent from... That one is very funny...
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
I never see am for my section sha. . .
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
Aww Flanrey but I find them funny.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ikekings(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
sexkillz: I never see am for my section sha. . .
I dey see am for romance section...

Sent from itsmodella's bedroom...
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Feedmemore(f): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2012

If you see am for your section nko? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
ikekings: I dey see am for romance section...

Sent from itsmodella's bedroom...
lmao, you're not well at all. Yeah, I've seen some of them in the romance section.

Sent from Flanrey's office.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Mynd44: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
No think am oo
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
Everybody dey send from my office now abi....Issorai!
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by 190theclown: 3:55am On Nov 24, 2012
undecided
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Mynd44: 6:13am On Nov 24, 2012
Seems that has been banned in the romance section
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ihebrooke(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with the "sent from". Its funny to me, but the first to comment issue, na, na, na. Most people in their bid to be the first make unreasonable comments.

Sent from ItsModella's stomach.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2012
That's true.

Sent from ihebrooke's di.ck.
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ihebrooke(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2012
Huh!!!
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by wonda26(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2012
In my own opinion, these things could be fun, as far as a reasonable comment/contribution is attached before the 'fun', but moderacy is what matters most. Too much of evrything eventually makes it loose its flavour.
*sent from my panasonic external antenna*
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Emmyk(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
@Op, I dont really give a hoot. #Indifferent
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2012
ItsModella: That's true.

Sent from ihebrooke's di.ck.

must you send it from there huh?...*pissed*

sent from itsModella's pata
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
wonda26: In my own opinion, these things could be fun, as far as a reasonable comment/contribution is attached before the 'fun', but moderacy is what matters most. Too much of evrything eventually makes it loose its flavour.
*sent from my panasonic external antenna*

spot on.its fun as long as one makes a reasonable comment.it aint a big deal.MOD's take note.as long as the NLer makes a reasonable comment, he/she shouldn't be banned.

Sent by NL CEO, Seun
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by ikekings(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
lalaosky:

spot on.its fun as long as one makes a reasonable comment.it aint a big deal.MOD's take note.as long as the NLer makes a reasonable comment, he/she shouldn't be banned.

Sent by NL CEO, Seun
Try am for the romance section now... Sexkillz go just hide your post whether it's reasonable or not...

Sent from my iphone 5...
Re: New Disturbing Trends On NL by Mynd44: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
You guys should try this on a front page thread or the romance section.

Better still on the muslim section. When you have, come back and testify

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Feel When You Meet Mr Oluwaseun Osewa Face To Face? / The Most Ridiculus Post You Ever Read On Nairaland / Funny Buhari Joke Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.