Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,979 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet (2119 Views)

"Anti-Islam Film Signals New Campaign Against Islam" / The Campaign Against Islam On Nairaland / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by solbil: 8:26am On Nov 23, 2012
Nigeria riot over 'blasphemy'
against Islam's prophet
22 November 2012 Last updated at 20:20
Christian and Muslim leaders are
encouraging inter-faith dialogue in Nigeria
A rumour that a Christian man blasphemed
against Islam has sparked a riot in the
northern Nigeria town of Bichi, police have
said.
Residents said four people were killed and
shops were looted.
The riot came on the day the incoming head
of the Anglican Church, the Rt Rev Justin
Welby, launched an initiative to promote
religious tolerance in Nigeria.
Religious clashes have claimed thousands of
lives in Nigeria since military rule ended in
The militant Islamist group, Boko Haram, has
also been waging an insurgency since 2009
to impose strict Sharia across Nigeria, which
is roughly divided between a mainly Muslim
north and a Christian and animist south.
'Learning about religions'
Nigeria's Kano state police chief Ibrahim
Idris said "misinformation" had triggered
the riot, AFP news agency reports.
"Rumours went round that someone
blasphemed the Prophet [Muhammad] and
there was a breakdown of law and order,"
he is quoted as saying.
The BBC's Yusuf Ibrahim Yakasai in Kano, the
main city in northern Nigeria, says that a
heavy contingent of soldiers and policemen
have been deployed to Bichi to restore
order.
It is a small town
about 30km (18
miles) from Kano.
Mr Idris said the riot broke out when a
Christian tailor mispronounced the name of
a dress while chatting with his Muslim
neighbour in Hausa, the main language
spoken in the north, changing the meaning
to "the Prophet has come to the market",
AFP reports.
Angry Muslim youths then attacked
Christian-owned shops, looting and burning
them, he said.
Residents said four Christians were killed,
but Mr Idris could not confirm this.
Our reporter says some residents gave him
a different account of what caused the riot.
They told him that a Muslim crowd first
attacked a Christian man for wearing a T-
shirt that they alleged blasphemed against
the Prophet Muhammad.
In the capital, Abuja, Bishop Welby joined
Nigerian Muslim and Christian religious
leaders and former UK Prime Minister Tony
Blair to launch a campaign to promote
religious tolerance.
The Tony Blair Faith Foundation - which
organised the programme - got students
from Christian and Muslim communities in
Nigeria to chat via a video link with students
from different faiths in the UK city of Derby.
Bishop Welby is a former oil executive who
will become the Archbishop of Canterbury in
March.
He has visited Nigeria 70 times, and was the
special envoy to Africa for the outgoing
Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams,
who is stepping down after 10 years in the
role.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by honeychild(f): 9:07am On Nov 23, 2012
undecidedYes o..Islam the religion of peace
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by KDULAR: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2012
Some christians or people never learnt anything, why make a joke which ordinarily means nothing to or before people are known to go bunkers and blood and life thirsty whenever they perceived rightly or wrongly anything that even in their religion is not considered obnoxious. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE should you play or asssume friendship or familiarity with a wild animal no matter how long you must have stayed together, generally in northern Nigeria ( Kano Jigawa Katsina Bauchi, Borno, )and most especially with the Moslems. Abeg make your money and don't be funny, leave the jokes greetings and banters for them to initiate and respond but not with another statement but simply sallam or any single or at most trple worded sentence .ABEG
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by solbil: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2012
@kdular, you are absolutely right! I mean, Why do you continue to say that which you know could lead to all these senseless killing. But i know you are also going to agree with me that it is ony human to make gest and humur. Many times you say those things not to hurt anyone really but as part of a friendly discussion which could make you people to laugh and its normal with discussions. To avoid statements like this completely, one has to cut off all relationships with the other person. And thats not possible. Most times you say those things without knowing it. To ask people to stop such comments is like telling a leopard to change the spots on its skin. It is human!

And its not as if they do not make such comment about christ and christianity! What do they want christians to do? Go and start killing people? And i am curious to know; may be muslims should answer this: will you see it as ok if christians kill muslims for blasphemy against christ and christianity.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by brentkruge: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2012
KDULAR: Some christians or people never learnt anything, why make a joke which ordinarily means nothing to or before people are known to go bunkers and blood and life thirsty whenever they perceived rightly or wrongly anything that even in their religion is not considered obnoxious. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE should you play or asssume friendship or familiarity with a wild animal no matter how long you must have stayed together, generally in northern Nigeria ( Kano Jigawa Katsina Bauchi, Borno, )and most especially with the Moslems. Abeg make your money and don't be funny, leave the jokes greetings and banters for them to initiate and respond but not with another statement but simply sallam or any single or at most trple worded sentence .ABEG

Please read well before posting;

Mr Idris said the riot broke out when a Christian tailor mispronounced the name of a dress while chatting with his Muslim neighbour in Hausa, the main language spoken in the north, changing the meaning to "the Prophet has come to the market", AFP reports.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by KDULAR: 11:18am On Nov 23, 2012
@ brentkruge Thanks for comment, looking well at circumstances as I know it to be in most cases up here, and knowing how we normally talk or express ourselves especially from the south, the tailor in actual sense was commenting about how and equally complimenting the guy looks great in the beautiful dress and that he (the one putting on the dress and looking like a prophet) has come to the market (my shop). Just like your visitor looking extra fly and or pious and you saying that the angel has descended unto the person.
@A solbil , a christian saying is that be quick to hear but slow to reply also a song says (i'll write in plain english) christians do not relax, hear what your angel said, you are int he midst of enemies BE CAREFUL. Be careful of anything that could harm you physically , emotionally and spiritually. Infact, the guy that the statement was made to might not really have reacted adversely but trouble makers are all around waiting for the next opportunity to take their wicked Un-Islamic ( ? though) anger and rage on whosoever gives them the minutest opportunity.
If Christians can be just wise including moi.

brentkruge:

Please read well before posting;

Mr Idris said the riot broke out when a Christian tailor mispronounced the name of a dress while chatting with his Muslim neighbour in Hausa, the main language spoken in the north, changing the meaning to "the Prophet has come to the market", AFP reports.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by tiarabubu: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
I am wondering why the proponents of "Islam is Peace" mantra are soooo slow to condemn the action of their brethren in Bichi. For mis-pronouncing some folks have been sent to the great beyond.

I thought that this presents an opportunity for Muslims to show us some sincerity of their views about Islam (peace, tolerance etc). Why the "graveyard" silence? undecided
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by maclatunji: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
tiarabubu: I am wondering why the proponents of "Islam is Peace" mantra are soooo slow to condemn the action of their brethren in Bichi. For mis-pronouncing some folks have been sent to the great beyond.

I thought that this presents an opportunity for Muslims to show us some sincerity of their views about Islam (peace, tolerance etc). Why the "graveyard" silence? undecided

Simple, joining you to whine is useless and stupid. Let the authorities apprehend the murderers and punish them accordingly and these crimes will stop. However, instead of doing that, you guys prefer name- calling and Islam bashing instead of insisting that impunity stops!

You have to decide: do you want mindless dolts to keep killing people because you want to insult Muslims and our religion? Or are you ready to take proper action and demand that our government stops impunity!?
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by tiarabubu: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Simple, joining you to whine is useless and stupid. Let the authorities apprehend the murderers and punish them accordingly and these crimes will stop. However, instead of doing that, you guys prefer name- calling and Islam bashing instead of insisting that impunity stops!

Why ARE YOU NOT insisting that the impunity stops? That is my question.

When you guys are silent it implies passive complicity. When Israeli bombs fell on Gaza, you guys were hard a work condemning. Why didn't you allow the UN to do its Job? In your own backyard a simple case of mis-pronouncement has led to lives of fellow Nigerians taken and property destroyed by fellow Muslims, yet you are quiet. And you expect people to think all is ok?

True Muslims should be first to condemn this action on the account of what they say their religion is.

You have to decide: do you want mindless dolts to keep killing people because you want to insult Muslims and our religion? Or are you ready to take proper action and demand that our government stops impunity!?

You are asking me a mindless question. The question should be; Do you Muslims keep quiet and allow people to project this murderous and intolerant image of Islam by some Muslims? What are your Imams teaching about tolerance? If Islam is tolerance, peace etc, how come you are not condemning your fellow Muslims and you expect me to do that FOR YOU undecided

Tomorrow you will tell us Islam is peace, tolerant, so and so. Don't be surprised if you get ignored.

When you guys fail to face the problems within Islam and blame others don't expect respect from others. Its the cold, hard, harsh truth.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by honeychild(f): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Anyone who has ever lived in Northern Nigeria will laugh in all the languages of the world when Lagos Muslims or Muslims who live in Europe and America chant "Islam is a religion of peace."
I was born in Kaduna State. Throughout my childhood, we lived in terror. One never knew when the Muslims would erupt from their Mosque on Friday to embark on a looting, killing and burning spree. And someone says we should get the govt to stop it. During the eighties and nineties when we had Muslims ruling Nigeria (Buhari, Babangida, et al) they were unable to stop their brothers from killing and mailing.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by maclatunji: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2012
tiarabubu:

Why ARE YOU NOT insisting that the impunity stops? That is my question.

When you guys are silent it implies passive complicity. When Israeli bombs fell on Gaza, you guys were hard a work condemning. Why didn't you allow the UN to do its Job? In your own backyard a simple case of mis-pronouncement has led to lives of fellow Nigerians taken and property destroyed by fellow Muslims, yet you are quiet. And you expect people to think all is ok?

True Muslims should be first to condemn this action on the account of what they say their religion is.

You are asking me a mindless question. The question should be; Do you Muslims keep quiet and allow people to project this murderous and intolerant image of Islam by some Muslims? What are your Imams teaching about tolerance? If Islam is tolerance, peace etc, how come you are not condemning your fellow Muslims and you expect me to do that FOR YOU undecided

Tomorrow you will tell us Islam is peace, tolerant, so and so. Don't be surprised if you get ignored.

When you guys fail to face the problems within Islam and blame others don't expect respect from others. Its the cold, hard, harsh truth.

Impunity will only stop when the government acts like a government and stops whining like tiarabubu. I have argued on 10s of pages for the government to be decisive. Treat crime as crime and stop being sentimental thereby perpetuating the vicious cycle.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by maclatunji: 12:21am On Nov 24, 2012
honeychild: Anyone who has ever lived in Northern Nigeria will laugh in all the languages of the world when Lagos Muslims or Muslims who live in Europe and America chant "Islam is a religion of peace."
I was born in Kaduna State. Throughout my childhood, we lived in terror. One never knew when the Muslims would erupt from their Mosque on Friday to embark on a looting, killing and burning spree. And someone says we should get the govt to stop it. During the eighties and nineties when we had Muslims ruling Nigeria (Buhari, Babangida, et al) they were unable to stop their brothers from killing and mailing.

Those governments failed because of sentiments like yours- there should be no "brotherhood" between government officials and criminals, the only things that should bring them together are law enforcement and administration of justice.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by tiarabubu: 1:21am On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Impunity will only stop when the government acts like a government and stops whining like tiarabubu. I have argued on 10s of pages for the government to be decisive. Treat crime as crime and stop being sentimental thereby perpetuating the vicious cycle.

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by honeychild(f): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2012
@maclatunji
Have you ever seen a Muslim mob in action? Who exactly should be treated as a criminal? Is it the 8 - 12 year old almajiri boys who are usually the front guard of the 'holy force'? They have been fed a steady diet of nothing but hatred, ignorance and bigotry. Some of them have been abandoned with their Mallams since they were as young as 3 or 4 years old. They have no recollection of their homes or even what their parents look like. They've no orientation of right and wrong.
Do you even know the mindset of the Northern Hausa Fulani Muslim? I remember then in Zaria, when the Muslim riots start, the only place if refuge was the Army Barracks because the local police would stand by and watch (and secretly root for the mob, I presume). The entire set up in the North, from the Emir down to the littlest 2 year old believe in the rightness of using violence to defend their religion. And you sit in a civilised place and say 'criminals should be treated as criminals'. Everyone in the North is in on it. The police man who is supposed to do the arresting would actually prefer to pick up a matchette and join in the spree.
I can assure you, maclatunji that to your Muslim brothers in the North, you are nothing but an infidel for believing that Islam should be peaceful.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by tiarabubu: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2012
^^^^^

Leave Maclantunji,

What I saw with my own eyes during one the riots in the North is that it is purely beyond "Government dealing with the culprit". Kids as young as ten perpetuating unspeakable violence, Children brought up in Quranic schools! What they teach them there is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admitting the problem is the right step towards taking action to stop it and it largely rests with Muslims themselves
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by maclatunji: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2012
You guys are missing the point, what you witnessed is systemic failure of the state. God will not come to earth to solve our problems. If a group of citizens called Boko Haram can hold the entire North to ransom, it is rather foolish to say that government with all the power at its disposal is "helpless". You will continue to whine until you stop making excuses for failure.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Sweetnecta: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
maclatunji is being objective, honeychild and tiarabubu are not satisfied but insist that Islam and Muslis must be responsible for the ills that frequently happen in the northern nigeria. while you ladies fail to see the forest, are these rioters and killers in the north just muslims and nothing else? There are muslims in the south and outside nigeria, you know. most american muslims regardless of color and social status will confess that it is Islam that has improved their humane quality.

I know that when I finally understand Islam, i began to improve and it is Islam being the source of my God consciousness that stops me from evil and not because of the laws of the land because you see criminals and hearing about crimes daily.

@honeychild:
by honeychild(f): 7:40am
@maclatunji
Have you ever seen a Muslim mob in action?
He is a muslim and he does not have a mob mentality. have you honeychild seen a mob in action? everyone in the mob discards his personal quality and take on the singular demeanor of the group. it is "wilding" ike wild animals. I have read about university students as a mob killing other university students. are those in Aluu near Port Harcourt muslims?

Who exactly should be treated as a criminal? Is it the 8 - 12 year old almajiri boys who are usually the front guard of the 'holy force'?
a person who consciously commit crime that is so heinous that only criminal adults can commit it is actually charged as an adult in societies where there is rule of law. people are not let off the hook just because they are underage. somebody must be responsible, they when it is criminal, their parents when it is civil litigation. children are not left unsupervised.

They have been fed a steady diet of nothing but hatred, ignorance and bigotry. Some of them have been abandoned with their Mallams since they were as young as 3 or 4 years old. They have no recollection of their homes or even what their parents look like. They've no orientation of right and wrong.
then it is their system that is unislamic that must be held accountable. a person in authority in charge of the young is responsible for the evil action of the youth. America knew osama did not fly the planes, but says it was his speech, idea and encouragement that made the people who did it go ahead. the mallams should be responsible for the actions of their wards. I was raised in the south and i knew many who were raised as you are saying the northern al majirins are raised. none of these people from the south in my time did not go to school, hold job and none turned out to be evil.

Do you even know the mindset of the Northern Hausa Fulani Muslim? I remember then in Zaria,
then blame the hausa fulani because if it was Islam, i will be doing the same, so will maclatunji. or as youth each would. i will not even say blame the hausa fulani because the evil doers are just a small percentage. blame evil where evil is and not the innocent Truth that you say may have geared them on just because they perceive in your own eyes to associate with it. they could be completely ignorant of the truth in the same way that some prostitution, stealing and drugging are practiced in Saudi Arabia.

when the Muslim riots start, the only place if refuge was the Army Barracks because the local police would stand by and watch (and secretly root for the mob, I presume). The entire set up in the North, from the Emir down to the littlest 2 year old believe in the rightness of using violence to defend their religion.
violence is the means of defending islam. read the Quran and study the hadith. there is no battle or war started without the other side making the first move. defense is an obligation of all individual and group towards self preservation, otherwise your enemy will not stop until he eliminate you.

And you sit in a civilised place and say 'criminals should be treated as criminals'.
so its the civilization that stops a man from evil, if i follow your logic? no wonder there are several assaults on muslims in america and other places, by red necks, skin heads, white supremacist, conservative christian individuals, etc, which went to over drive after 911 as if all muslims conspired and committed the tragedy. heck, you have this same mindset because you are just short of blaming all muslims in nigeria, including maclatunji. you have already blamed even the emirs. i am not defending anyone because i do not side with evil. but it will be hard to believe that there is no single muslim with dissension mindset in the north is what i read from you here.

Everyone in the North is in on it.
i didnt misunderstand you.

The police man who is supposed to do the arresting would actually prefer to pick up a matchette and join in the spree.
and there is a president in this country? the duty of the president includes the effort to safe guard the life of each citizen. the president is not doing his job.

I can assure you, maclatunji that to your Muslim brothers in the North, you are nothing but an infidel for believing that Islam should be peaceful.
the world infidel is from the bibles and there is no direct Quranic equivalent. if the muslims in the north feels as you said he feels about maclatunji, that is an inkling that their action against those they do evil to is not borne out of their Islam.

@tiarabubu:
by tiarabubu: 7:59am
Leave Maclantunji,

What I saw with my own eyes during one the riots in the North is that it is purely beyond "Government dealing with the culprit". Kids as young as ten perpetuating unspeakable violence, Children brought up in Quranic schools! What they teach them there is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i say without any reservation that they are not teaching them the islam revived by Muhammad [sa].

Admitting the problem is the right step towards taking action to stop it and it largely rests with Muslims themselves
it does not rest with the muslims, but the individual who commits evil, the community that encourages evil, the leadership that is silent about it and the president and citizenry that do nothing about it even though they have the law and the ability to effectuate the change. evil can not be allowed to grow in any society regardless of the religion of those who are committing it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by honeychild(f): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sweetnecta: There are muslims in the south and outside nigeria, you know. most american muslims regardless of color and social status will confess that it is Islam that has improved their humane quality.

I believe what makes you as a Muslim or Muslims in America different from your brothers in Northern Nigeria is because you have other influences (western education for instance) that have made your Islam more humane.

Sweetnecta:
then it is their system that is unislamic that must be held accountable.
What exaxtly is unislamic about the almajiri system? It is a time honoured Muslim practice.

[/quote]violence is the means of defending islam. read the Quran and study the hadith. there is no battle or war started without the other side making the first move.[/quote]
And there you have it. For your Muslim brothers in the North, merely mentioning your prophets name by a non-Muslim counts as an act of war.
I remember in the early 90s when Sunny Okosun did not understand the extent of Muslim protection for their religion and sang a song extolling Muhammad. He had to flee for his life.
If I as a non-Muslim am found to have handled the Quran I.e read it, your Muslim brothers view it as an act of war to be instantly met with killing looting and maiming.

Sweetnecta:
then blame the hausa fulani because if it was Islam, i will be doing the same, so will maclatunji.

Like I said, you and maclatunji and other 'westernised' Muslims have been exposed to other influences. The Northern Hausa fulani Muslim has had no other influences but Islam and the violent Arabic culture

Sweetnecta: they could be completely ignorant of the truth in the same way that some prostitution, stealing and drugging are practiced in Saudi Arabia
Wow. It appears that true Islam is practiced only on the pages of Nairaland.

[quote no wonder there are several assaults on muslims in america and other places, by red necks, skin heads, white supremacist, conservative christian individuals, etc, which went to over drive after 911
[/quote]
The diff is that the attacks on the Muslims in the US was not by the majority of the society. In the US, Muslims as a whole did not feel so in fear for their lives that they had to flee their homes. In the North, once the almajiri pour out, you had better run .... there is no law enforcement officer that will lift a finger to help you.... its better now though bc police officers are brought in from other regions.

[quote author=Sweetnecta
and there is a president in this country? the duty of the president includes the effort to safe guard the life of each citizen. the president is not doing his job.
[/quote]

Sounds so glib coming from Muslims. It is sooo easy to blame the President now that we are no longer ruled by Northern Hausa Fulani Muslims. Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abdusalam and Abacha who ruled Nigeria for almost three decades were unable to do anything. I did not hear Muslims castigating the govt during that time. And before you accuse me of siding with my brother, no, I am not from the south south.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
There will need to be one hell of a lot of changes in the way islam treats its minorities or dissenting opinions before it will ever pass the test of being any religion of peace. . . .Seems the fundamentalist islamic idea of 'world peace' is a world where everyone would be dead.. . ..Islamic 'peace' accomplished at last.
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
^

I think you would do better to explain to everyone here what is exactly wrong with Hausa people, have you notice that every incident that happens in Nigeria always certainly involves your people? . . . Well the answer is not far fetch like every other group of Nigerians their leaders enjoin manipulating the masses in a bid to access power unlike other places your people use and dump their own after manipulating them as bargaining chips, this is the very reason why they being extremely poor and their theiving leaders having millions of dollars stashed abroad react in the most outrageous manner whenever perceived slight is done to them! Until when people like you who despite being atheist can address the poverty and return the stolen wealth back to the people then, people will react sanely! Remember in Pakistan a girl was accused of blasphemy yet due process was followed despite Pakistan having all the indications of a failed state! So until the Hausa elites (which includes you unfortunately) addresses poverty in their region or the accursed imbeci1e running this country grow some spine and take securing life and property his number 1 duty then all this talk and slander of Islam will be simply playing Ostrich rather than being reasonable!
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did you just use Pakistan? The are evn more animalistic than the Hausas.

Someone has mentioned it that muslims are calmer when they live with other people or have other influences.

Yoruba muslims calmer than hausa

Western muslims calmer than Middle eastern muslims

Indian muslims calmer than Pakistani muslims

And this answers my question how? Why don't leave your hausa atheist to answer what is wrong with his people, and to show the extremities of ignorance, Hausas kill muslim from other part of the country in major riots, do you know why? So please let mazaje who has abandoned his people answer why Hausa elites are so wicked that seeing their people travel miles to beg does not twinge their conscience, I wonder how much he has ever sent to his suffering people? Anybody familiar with poverty in the North will tell you clearly that what goes down in always has close resemblance to poverty, after all the full gist of the news clearly shows that they were looting people property, and yet instead of him to bury his head in shame at the despicable level poverty has brought his people to, he rather join others in playing Ostrich, time will come the Mases will rebel, as it happened in 2011they nearly hacked the emir of Zaria head and his house was burnt down same for the kano dude, this deliberate playing with peoples life is reaching its ends phase!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
vedaxcool:

And this answers my question how? Why don't leave your hausa atheist to answer what is wrong with his people, and to show the extremities of ignorance, Hausas kill muslim from other part of the country in major riots, do you know why? So please let mazaje who has abandoned his people answer why Hausa elites are so wicked that seeing their people travel miles to beg does not twinge their conscience, I wonder how much he has ever sent to his suffering people? Anybody familiar with poverty in the North will tell you clearly that what goes down in always has close resemblance to poverty, after all the full gist of the news clearly shows that they were looting people property, and yet instead of him to bury his head in shame at the despicable level poverty has brought his people to, he rather join others in playing Ostrich, time will come the Mases will rebel, as it happened in 2011they nearly hacked the emir of Zaria head and his house was burnt down same for the kano dude, this deliberate playing with peoples life is reaching its ends phase!

lol....it clearly answers your question....read again
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 6:30am On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....it clearly answers your question....read again

So move, and let the Hausa atheist speak of his people or is he so inherently weak to defend the actions of his own constituency the Hausa elites? When done laughing, the same stupidity is playing out in the N/D we dey look unah how after stealing billions whether you guys would remember your people instead of boasting on NL that your father money wan each dangote's fall back funds! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2012
vedaxcool: ^

I think you would do better to explain to everyone here what is exactly wrong with Hausa people, have you notice that every incident that happens in Nigeria always certainly involves your people? . . . Well the answer is not far fetch like every other group of Nigerians their leaders enjoin manipulating the masses in a bid to access power unlike other places your people use and dump their own after manipulating them as bargaining chips, this is the very reason why they being extremely poor and their theiving leaders having millions of dollars stashed abroad react in the most outrageous manner whenever perceived slight is done to them! Until when people like you who despite being atheist can address the poverty and return the stolen wealth back to the people then, people will react sanely! Remember in Pakistan a girl was accused of blasphemy yet due process was followed despite Pakistan having all the indications of a failed state! So until the Hausa elites (which includes you unfortunately) addresses poverty in their region or the accursed imbeci1e running this country grow some spine and take securing life and property his number 1 duty then all this talk and slander of Islam will be simply playing Ostrich rather than being reasonable!

That is because the hausa fulani happen to be the most ethno-religious group in Nigeria. . .This is what happens without the external reality check I was speaking about. Only one reading the Koran with the eyes of faith could seriously disregard that the book on almost every page instructs observant Muslims to despise nonbelievers. On almost every page, it prepares the ground for religious conflict. It is NOT a hausa problem but an islamic problem. . .Take a look at pakistan, syria, egypt, etc. . .Minorities in majority muslim nations are always under attack in one way or the other. . .When the taliban took over in afganistan the first thing they did was to destroy the the stature of buddah. . .It is the same exact phenomena we see with fundamentalist christians that insist on an inerrant bible. Your attitude is exactly the same, whether you like it or not. How will you argue with the fundamentalist christian that insists that his book is infallible when it says that salvation is only through Jesus? Any argument either of you make to the other is will be met with the likes of "contextual errors", "mistranslation", or "misunderstanding". Words will be twisted, definitions will be stretched, and goal posts shall be moved. . . . .The yourobas have a significant number of christians and the christians are not a minority so there is nothing the muslim can do to them. . .The world over muslims are always treating their minorities badly and persecuting them and that is the fact. . .Even the minority shias in saudi arabia and always living in fear and walking on egg shells in a majority sunni country. . .
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 10:15am On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje:

That is because the hausa fulani happen to be the most religio-ethnic group in Nigeria. . .This is what happens without the external reality check I was speaking about. Only one reading the Koran with the eyes of faith could seriously disregard that the book on almost every page instructs observant Muslims to despise nonbelievers. On almost every page, it prepares the ground for religious conflict. It is NOT a hausa problem but an islamic problem. . .Take a look at pakistan, syria, egypt, etc. . .Minorities in majority muslim nations are always under attack in one way or the other. . .When the taliban took over in afganistan the first thing they did was to destroy the the stature of buddah. . .It is the same exact phenomena we see with fundamentalist christians that insist on an inerrant bible. Your attitude is exactly the same, whether you like it or not. How will you argue with the fundamentalist christian that insists that his book is infallible when it says that salvation is only through Jesus? Any argument either of you make to the other is will be met with the likes of "contextual errors", "mistranslation", or "misunderstanding". Words will be twisted, definitions will be stretched, and goal posts shall be moved. . . . .The yourobas have a significant number of christians and the christians are not a minority so there is nothing the muslim majority can do to them. . .The world over muslims are always treating their minorities badly and persecuting them and that is the fact. . .Even the minority shias in saudi arabia and always living in fear and walking on egg shells in a majority sunni country. . .

There is something severely wrong with the Hasua leadership, unfortunately you prefer playing Ostrich and deceiving yourself, Islam remains the only religion in historical times that had a template for handling religious minorities it for this same reason that christians and jews fleeing Europe found refuge and safe heaven in a territory (Ottoman empire) governed by a religion that you claim despises them! So again I ask what is wrong with the Hausa peoples' leadership? A leadership that deliberately kept them away from education! A leadership that easily manipulates it people into poverty? A leadership that want to main an oppressive grip on the people that it has found poverty the only way to maintain control thereby making their people suffer and with little or no provocation they always go into killing freenzy! Keep deluding yourself, and joining people who most times view your people as no different from subnormal human beings even I know a lot of Yuroba muslims who hold such view, Osun state is a Muslim majority state in which no such incidence occur, there are many other state that do not have such incidence that have a muslim majority, so again what is wrong with your people? POVERTY deliberately made by your elites to ensue the domination of them and their children, your people are typically associated with poverty they go far and wide to beg, infact when people begin hurling all sort of insults at your people I try hard to even do some image laundry for them! Have you ever gone to the political section, you will be able to gauge how people actually view your people! Rather than stand here gloating and joining others to debase your people! Fulanis are not so keen on islam, especially the nomadic ones in which their woman walk scantily dress, please Muslims are judge not by the religiousity of Mazaje but by the criteria of Islam. And we know the Hausa Masses to be critically ignorant of Islam!
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2012
vedaxcool:

So move, and let the Hausa atheist speak of his people or is he so inherently weak to defend the actions of his own constituency the Hausa elites? When done laughing, the same stupidity is playing out in the N/D we dey look unah how after stealing billions whether you guys would remember your people instead of boasting on NL that your father money wan each dangote's fall back funds! grin grin grin

At the end of the day, Majaze made the same point that I made. The problem is an islamic one. When there is only one way of thinking through the prism of the Quran in the society, both the minorities outside islam and the progressives in the society suffer.

There isnt anything here that has to do with my father but then, you are a sick muslim.

Islam doesnt tolerate minorities from other religions- it has never and it will never. Your praise of the Ottoman empire is an Arabic myth that a black Nigerian like yourself should not be buying into. But like an Arab slave to an Arab religion, you must praise your masters.

[size=14pt]In the Ottoman Empire, in accordance with the Muslim dhimmi system, Christians were guaranteed limited freedoms (such as the right to worship), but were treated as second-class citizens. Christians and Jews were not considered equals to Muslims: testimony against Muslims by Christians and Jews was inadmissible in courts of law. They were forbidden to carry weapons or ride atop horses, their houses could not overlook those of Muslims, and their religious practices would have to defer to those of Muslims, in addition to various other legal limitations

[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Empire#Christianity_and_Judaism
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Prophet Muhammad sent a message to
the monks of Saint Catherine's
Monastery, Mount Sinai

"This is a message written by
Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a
covenant to those who adopt
Christianity, far and near, we are
behind them. Verily, I defend them
by myself, the servants, the
helpers, and my followers, because
Christians are my citizens; and by
Allah! I hold out against anything
that displeases them. No
compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be
changed from their jobs, nor their
monks from their monasteries. No
one is to destroy a house of their
religion, to damage it, or to carry
anything from it to the Muslims’
houses. Should anyone take any of
these, he would spoil God’s
covenant and disobey His Prophet.
Verily, they (Christians) are my
allies and have my secure charter
against all that they hate. No one
is to force them to travel or to
oblige them to fight. The Muslims
are to fight for them. If a female
Christian is married to a Muslim,
this is not to take place without
her own wish. She is not to be
prevented from going to her
church to pray. Their churches are
to be respected. They are neither
to be prevented from repairing
them nor the sacredness of their
covenants. No one of the nation is
to disobey this covenant till the
Day of Judgment and the end of
the world.”

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
vedaxcool: Prophet Muhammad sent a message to
the monks of Saint Catherine's
Monastery, Mount Sinai

"This is a message written by
Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a
covenant to those who adopt
Christianity, far and near, we are
behind them. Verily, I defend them
by myself, the servants, the
helpers, and my followers, because
Christians are my citizens; and by
Allah! I hold out against anything
that displeases them. No
compulsion is to be on them.
Neither are their judges to be
changed from their jobs, nor their
monks from their monasteries. No
one is to destroy a house of their
religion, to damage it, or to carry
anything from it to the Muslims’
houses. Should anyone take any of
these, he would spoil God’s
covenant and disobey His Prophet.
Verily, they (Christians) are my
allies and have my secure charter
against all that they hate. No one
is to force them to travel or to
oblige them to fight. The Muslims
are to fight for them. If a female
Christian is married to a Muslim,
this is not to take place without
her own wish. She is not to be
prevented from going to her
church to pray. Their churches are
to be respected. They are neither
to be prevented from repairing
them nor the sacredness of their
covenants. No one of the nation is
to disobey this covenant till the
Day of Judgment and the end of
the world.”

lol.....Muhammad was also a diplomat. A diplomat will always say good things to the foriegner's face. We should judge Muhammad by his actions. wink

Anyways, wha happened to your claims about the Ottoman empire? They were debunked?
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by mazaje(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
The problem right now is with islam. At least with the way muslims portray it to others. Muslims go about killing non believers as a religious duty in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, but we have people like vexdacool denying that fact. Those that go about holding the koran and chanting the name of allah while killing others are doing so in the name of islam and they always make it clear. . .many of them even recite verses from the koran they say support their actions. . .Pls watch the boko haram videos for example. Take a look at the whole world, its either its muslims fighting hindus, muslims fighting jews, muslims figting buddhist or muslims fighting christians. You will never see christians fighting hindus or buddhist for examples. . .Hindus fighting buddhist never happens. . its always muslims fighting every body all over the world. . .
Re: Nigeria Riot Over 'blasphemy' Against Islam's Prophet by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
mazaje: The problem right now is with islam. At least with the way muslims portray it to others. Muslims go about killing non believers as a religious duty in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, but we have people like vexdacool denying that fact. Those that go about holding the koran and chanting the name of allah while killing others are doing so in the name of islam and they always make it clear. . .many of them even recite verses from the koran they say support their actions. . .Pls watch the boko haram videos for example. Take a look at the whole world, its either its muslims fighting hindus, muslims fighting jews, muslims figting buddist or muslims fighting christians. You will never see christians fighting hindus or buddiths for examples. . .Hindus fighting buddiths its always muslims fighting every body all over the world. . .

Do you live in the north by any chance?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Muslim Men To Leave Their Beards Unkempt? / Another Hoax!!! Tunisian Girls 'intimate Jihad' / Importance Of Tawheed Al-uloohiyyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.