Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... (43463 Views)

Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight / TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
ifihearam:

Lol. Is she really a sexy monkey
Okuko, dis na new year o! Don't start! angry
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by martyns303(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Shirt and tie say wetin happen? Na interview? Get real mr ode! Dis peeps are doing a lot of running around in dat hot weda, and u expect dem to b suited and booted? Ur stupidity has no limits I swear! Smh!
In all of ur years as an adult? well done.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
martyns303:
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
martyns303:

Now it shows that you are a certified person showing signs of dementia
You see a post and all your dusty shell of a head can think is abuse
Anyway you may not even know better as that is all you know in your miserable life
baboonish lout

@Okija
TEHN is a voluntary, unpaid organisation, They spent a month soliciting for contributions before they started out
They have visited Mushin, PHC and now Eruobodo
However if you want to be considered as a partner, send an email to nairalandcharity@gmail.com so you can be considered when ideas are germinated
Also it is difficult at times to set out targets because it is based on goodwill and you know that is based on how buoyant people are at that period

They have done a very good job
Last year, they handled the Ayomide girl project, Ubong cancer and the End of Year Charity Flight
They deserve a lot of credit

@Idowu

Now we know Okija is a huge financial backer. He will be called upon soon cheesy
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Originalsly: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
The only disappointment I have is that I know we can do far better the next time.To organisers I suggest you make dates, venues, adresses to send stuff available as soon as possible since many people abroad would also like to help with goods and cash. The two reps in the pics...great job!
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Sweetlemon(f): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
edoyad:

You're a proper F00L and thats not an insult. You and your words are a classic example of what a F00L is. You come here and ridicule two beautiful people(who's the girl BTW is she on NL ? I love a devil in blue dress) who took the time to do something even more beautiful.
I know your kind, hope is lost so there's no better tomorrow for you. At least those ones will ensure that orphans don't end up as hopeless as you.

E eya! Oya go and ask the girl if you can buy a bed for both of you wink grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Originalsly: The only disappointment I have is that I know we can do far better the next time.To organisers I suggest you make dates, venues, adresses to send stuff available as soon as possible since many people abroad would also like to help with goods and cash. The two reps in the pics...great job!

This thread was opened Nov 23 and they spent a whole month soliciting
However there is an avenue for foreign based guys to send money via paypal
Can you send an email to nairalandcharity@gmail.com so you can be told immediately there is an initiative
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Sweetlemon(f): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
NLers una well done o!
When is the donantion ending?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by claremont(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
martyns303:
U done? i'll say it again, next time people are being sent to represent NL's make sure they are properly dressed and looking decent, put on a pant, shirt and tie, and if you want to dress traditional, look modest and decent not like some motor park guy. and all those people contesting and winning "Mr." and "Miss" Nairaland, why can't they be used as ambassadors of Nairaland? nairaland is made up of the people that visit it, not the domain, these people are stake holders, irrespective of how you look at it, the money was contributed by NLers and would like to be well represented. My apology to the orginizers. you guys can do better, and if anyone wants to take this personal, ur more than welcome to say whatever but u wont get a response from me.
You do have a point actually. There is nothing wrong if the guy and the girl had at least put on some corporate wear, they are donating on behalf of a supposedly distinguished and respectable charity organisation and should be dressed as such.

@OP: Is there anything being planned for the Easter period? If so, can a thread be opened specifically for it please.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
biolabee:

Now it shows that you are a certified person showing signs of dementia
You see a post and all your dusty shell of a head can think is abuse
Anyway you may not even know better as that is all you know in your miserable life
baboonish lout

Oga Biola! shocked shocked

Roftlmaooooooo! grin grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
biolabee:
@Idowu

Now we know Okija is a huge financial backer. He will be called upon soon cheesy

U don say! I'll b on a special look out for dat catfish. cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
I think some people are either playing stoopid or they really are.

Do you guys know how hot Naija is currently?travelling in a non air conditioned car to Ijebu from another state and you guys are talking about dressing corporate?where are all the m.orons coming out from ?

Can y'all dress "corporately and make yourselves available" for the next charity flight.

Thank you.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
claremont:
You do have a point actually. There is nothing wrong if the guy and the girl had at least put on some corporate wear, they are donating on behalf of a supposedly distinguished and respectable charity organisation and should be dressed as such.

@OP: Is there anything being planned for the Easter period? If so, can a thread be opened specifically for it please.
Wot point? It's a Christmas/New year flight for goodness sake! Y focus on presentation? d most important thing is, dey reached out to d less privileged folks. Jeez! Give em a break! Smh!
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
ifyalways: I think some people are either playing stoopid or they really are.

Do you guys know how hot Naija is currently?travelling in a non air conditioned car to Ijebu from another state and you guys are talking about dressing corporate?where are all the m.orons coming out from ?

Can y'all dress "corporately and make yourselves available" for the next charity flight.

Thank you.

madam ify please dont dignify them wit a response

Idowuogbo:

Oga Biola! shocked shocked

Roftlmaooooooo! grin grin
Idowuogbo:
U don say! I'll b on a special look out for dat catfish. cheesy grin

seriously the guy is stewpid

claremont:

claremont there is no registered organisation, this is somemthing some members took on their own time. It is strictly on a volunteer basis
They spend money and time to verify cases before they get involved because they are people of integrity
Because of their track record here, they have been recognised and obtained accolades in this regard

You can also form your group and determine your dress code..ish

Sweetlemon: NLers una well done o!
When is the donantion ending?

For this flight i dont know if donations are still ongoing.
Youy can contact nairalandcharity@gmail.com for more enquiries

For all who are looking for something to do with your money, there is a 20 year old boy who needs help in LUTH with kidney challenges
See thread for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/1156307/20-year-old-orphan-dying/
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Engineer96(m): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
I am not impressed.
NL members can do much more better than this. We can call for a free will donation and supply different bank account numbers.
We can make it better.
Thanks for the effort.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ifihearam: 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Okuko, dis na new year o! Don't start! angry

Shuuu na me call you sexy monkey ni
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
Engineer96: I am not impressed.
NL members can do much more better than this. We can call for a free will donation and supply different bank account numbers.
We can make it better.
Thanks for the effort.

mr engr if u do not have a bettter solution, i also am not impressed
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by edoyad(m): 10:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Give me those details before i use African remote control on you angry

@those talking about dress code. How do the guys at Google and Facebook dress even at big presentations? How did Steve Jobs appear before the world while presenting the latest apple gadgets.
We have to emancipate ourselves from Zombie mentality. Not everyone must act and talk like you to make sense.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Engineer96: I am not impressed.
We can make it better.
Thanks for the effort.
And y is dis nobody feeling like a somebody? Who gives a flipping dodo if u impressed or not, u are? Messiah of d animal kingdom? Tozo! Get lost or next time, get ur campaign mode on and solicit funds for d charity.Oshisko!
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by newacca: 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Two thumbs up for you guyz. It's nice but it could have been better if you hide the identity of those kids. Nobody knows what the children may become in future,and as you know,photos travel a lot. The photos may negative affect the PR of such kids,when they grow up to be a better person,especially in Politics. Who knows? some of them may be the Governor of a state one day!
I am giving you a pat on the back for giving those kids a helping hand,and I am imploring you to do better. Cheerful givers never lack.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 5:40am On Jan 22, 2013
newacca: Two thumbs up for you guyz. It's nice but it could have been better if you hide the identity of those kids. Nobody knows what the children may become in future,and as you know,photos travel a lot. The photos may negative affect the PR of such kids,when they grow up to be a better person,especially in Politics. Who knows? some of them may be the Governor of a state one day!
I am giving you a pat on the back for giving those kids a helping hand,and I am imploring you to do better. Cheerful givers never lack.

it will be hugely fulfilled if a kid helped by such a illustrious group becomes a privileged member of society
we just hope they dont forget they once had no shoes

1 Like

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by WAM1(f): 10:42am On Jan 22, 2013
People get serious jor. Who cares about dressing up for such events Thumbs up to you guys. Job well done- it would only get better.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by stpat1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
They must be commended. Cos the smallest action is better than an intention that was never translated into action. Kudos guys.

But why are they disguised? They don't want to be identified or what?
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ifyalways(f): 4:51pm On May 20, 2013
Due to logistics and funds problem, we were not able to conclude the december charity flight.
The remaining funds from the charity flight (32,700) is in Tehn's account and would be used for a like project asap.

God bless.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by kokosheen(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hi TEHN admins,

I saw this online and thought it was something we can replicate on a smaller scale:

https://www.nairaland.com/1312937/something-fgn-replicate-why-finnish#16056809

It's all about giving expectant mothers starter boxes which contain clothes, sheets, toys and the box can even be used as a bed. It helped Finland achieve one of the world's lowest infant mortality rates which for Nigeria is a tad on the high side. Apart from infant mortality, it promotes citizen equality and makes it mandatory that mothers attend pre-natal courses.

In my opinion, the body with most to gain with a program like this is the FG but knowing how things here, we might have to wait till the 2nd Niger & 4th Mainland bridges are built first angry

I think TEHN should also look into this by getting an approximate cost of a filled box and ask NLers to pay for some boxes. TEHN can now distribute to expectant mothers where they deem fit.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by kokosheen(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
Also, its not a must that the items are bought here in Nigeria. I know there're better quality baby items in UK/US but only glitch is freight cost. Even at that, we can discuss with freight forwarders to partner with TEHN on this.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
Excellent idea..
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by r231(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
kokosheen: Hi TEHN admins,

I saw this online and thought it was something we can replicate on a smaller scale:

https://www.nairaland.com/1312937/something-fgn-replicate-why-finnish#16056809

It's all about giving expectant mothers starter boxes which contain clothes, sheets, toys and the box can even be used as a bed. It helped Finland achieve one of the world's lowest infant mortality rates which for Nigeria is a tad on the high side. Apart from infant mortality, it promotes citizen equality and makes it mandatory that mothers attend pre-natal courses.

In my opinion, the body with most to gain with a program like this is the FG but knowing how things here, we might have to wait till the 2nd Niger & 4th Mainland bridges are built first angry

I think TEHN should also look into this by getting an approximate cost of a filled box and ask NLers to pay for some boxes. TEHN can now distribute to expectant mothers where they deem fit.

Good idea!!

Thanks
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 9:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dear chief priest.. your people have come again

There is a case of a lady with an extreme goitre that needs your help

This is an early engagement

See thread https://www.nairaland.com/1388182/nairalanders-folake-needs#17283059

Okija_juju: [b]Again, I will love to say a big welldone to una!!

However, I have a problem...

This Charity organisation is a Nairaland thing I believe.. So the organisation and planning isupposed to be on Nairaland I believe and yet I didnt know about this visit!!

Secondly, 48'k na beans money na!! HABA!!! Where are all those people wey dey shout Charity!! This is the time for us to make a difference. Next time, I will love to be informed about future visits. Time and Date so I can make my contribution before hand. Each flight should not take off with less than 100,000 Naira.. There are too many big boys and girls on Nairaland jor!! I dont mind spamming all the threads to solicit for contributions!!

Thirdly, I will love it if the group can sort of do a recce before the actual visit to know if these homes have any particular needs that they have so we can know. E.g water, generator, e.t.c... This would hep us go beyond just giving them indomie and books to targeting their specific needs..

Fourthly!! Congratulations... Make sure the publicity on the next visit is bigger than this!! OSHE!!!!

Lastly!! Seun should permanently leave this thread on the top of the frontpage jor!! If it had to do with Tontoh Dike, It will be on the front page for days!! But in like 2 hours time, we wouldnt even see this thread again!![/b]
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by biolabee(m): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dear followers,

Tehn is at it again....

Your help is needed

https://www.nairaland.com/1388182/nairalanders-folake-needs#17283059

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Police Officer In Ibadan Helps Accident Victim / Just In / Rattle Snake Found In A Water Closet ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.