Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. (20505 Views)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Temi231(f): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Just want to know, which tribe in our great country have the best pronunciation in English.

For me i think i will go for Hausa.. What about you?

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by bittyend(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
^Lol at Hausa. That's laughable because they have arguably the thickest naija accent with Igbos.

I think it should be Yorubas based on ratio.

There are more Yoruba pure English speakers in Nigeria than other tribes.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by ezeagu(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2012
The English tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
it has to be us Hausa.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by ifyalways(f): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
The English tribe .
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Temi231(f): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
ifyalways: The English tribe .
Which one is the English tribe? he no get name. Hausa, Yoruba or ibo

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 24, 2012
Mehn I love listening to hausas, especially when its a well educated woman.

U could just dance in ur head while listening to them. Its so soothing.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 24, 2012
bittyend: ^Lol at Hausa. That's laughable because they have arguably the thickest naija accent with Igbos.

U know u don't have to support ur tribe everytime.
Loosen up, nobody's fighting with u.

Besides, she asked for the tribe that speaks the best diction, not the ratio of people in the tribe.
There's a difference btw quality and quantity, and I think she meant quality.

I personally think the ''H'' factor, which even some well educated yorubas have, and which I deem the funniest thing to come to naija until patience, would kill any of ur chances.

Pls don't think I'm insulting u, everybody has their funny sides.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Temi231(f): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2012
I go for Hausa tribe not because am an Hausa babe but I just like
the way the elite speaks there. Igbo has one bad accent so also Yoruba.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by basra: 5:34am On Nov 25, 2012
you mean to say, which nigerian ethnicity speaks masters language proficiently enough to be like his master. cheesy

Well that would be all west africans. Despite the thick accents that makes it impossible for anyone of you people to whisper your doing alright.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2021
Yorubas obviously. They are the most educated. Plus they have closest ties with the motherland (England) than other tribes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by gregyboy(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2021
Niger deltans speak the best English,

Yoruba and igbos are ok

Hausa is the worst, please you need slap on your brain, is like you are collecting hausa dick currently

Am waiting for the breakup, so you can coma re edit this your post, to the correct tribe

Op stop collecting hausa dick,

Yoruba and huasa are inseparable anyway

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Etrusen(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2021
Niger deltans especially Edo and deltan have the best English

they can speak without you easily figuring the tribe they came from

unlike Hausa , Yoruba, Ibo, calabar that speak and you can easily figure out their tribe because of their tribal asset

Niger deltans have the best asset to English .

4 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by NoChill: 11:55am On Jan 15, 2021
You people are here arguing who speaks English best. English an imported language, it has gotten so bad that our people can no longer speak their indigenous languages anymore, they all want to be like the English man cos they believe the English men are better.

Fools, continue being foolish.

Why can't they (the English men) be competing on who speaks our indigenous languages better

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by gregyboy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
NoChill:
You people are here arguing who speaks English best. English an imported language, it has gotten so bad that our people can no longer speak their indigenous languages anymore, they all want to be like the English man cos they believe the English men are better.

Why can't they (the English men) be competing on who speaks our indigenous languages better

When we conquer them, or if we had conquered them they would

Do we have pride to begin with
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Rossinnki: 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
NoChill:

Dem no get shame. Useless.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Educated Middle belters e.g Jos in fact majority of middlebelters native language rarely influence their English
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 16, 2021
Temi231:
Just want to know, which tribe in our great country have the best pronunciation in English.

For me i think i will go for Hausa.. What about you?

Hausa English accent is sweet but they don't speak the best English
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by RedboneSmith(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
If you meet a well-educated Hausa man speaking English, you'll understand why many people here said Hausa.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by BlackfireX: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
An Igbo man...who schooled in the SW...

Pure , clear cut English
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by gregyboy(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
RedboneSmith:
If you meet a well-educated Hausa man speaking English, you'll understand why many people here said Hausa.

I have huausa friends who speak english and he is school in biu right here in Benin i can play you oue voice note....

You need to hear the awful aboki ascent i clearly had to put my hears down to even know what he was saying, the hausa accent was so terrible in his english..... Just like hearing a calabar man speak english, you will puke

My best bet is still edo, ph, bayelsa, delta having the best english accent, because they mostly likely speak pidgin than their own tribal language

If you need to hear the voice recording of the hausa guy speaking let me know, for the record he could hear mine perfectly

Most of southerners are just tribal insecure to be tagging hausa as having a better accent

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by ORGUST: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
bittyend:
^Lol at Hausa. That's laughable because they have arguably the thickest naija accent with Igbos.

Is itt the same Yoruba people that pronounce Airport as yar-port? This is laughable really.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by ORGUST: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
bittyend:

Is itt the same Yoruba people that pronounce Airport as yar-port? This is laughable really.

U know u don't have to support ur tribe everytime.
Loosen up, nobody's fighting with u.

Besides, she asked for the tribe that speaks the best diction, not the ratio of people in the tribe.
There's a difference btw quality and quantity, and I think she meant quality.

I personally think the ''H'' factor, which even some well educated yorubas have, and which I deem the funniest thing to come to naija until patience, would kill any of ur chances.

Pls don't think I'm insulting u, everybody has their funny sides.

Please tell them o. ���
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by muheeb01(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2021
I think it's niger deltans
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by alawiiyeyoruba1: 6:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Hausa accent with English sounds pleasant to the however, however, this doesn't justify them having the proper accent.

REASONS TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK YORUBA LANGUAGE
With increasing exposure of Africa’s arts, culture and Norms through our music and movies, Yoruba Language has been gaining a lot of popularity, many foreigners and natives who reside abroad are interested in learning how to speak and understand the Yoruba language, also, lovers of arts and tourism will benefit hugely in knowing how to speak and understand Yoruba language, here are some major reasons why you may want to learn how to speak Yoruba.
1. To connect: Yoruba language has been described to have an estimation of about 50 million speakers, hence................ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/reasons-to-learn-how-to-speak-yoruba-language/
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. by Inspirelove: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
ORGUST:

Please tell them o. ���

na Igbo call road load? and Hausa call fish pish ?

say something else

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ooni, Alafin Of Oyo, Aregbesola, Oba Of Lagos At A Summit On Yoruba Language / UNFPA Hosts Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola In New York. Pics / 16 Fascinating African Tribal Traditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.