Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam (7054 Views)

Muslim Sister Arrested For Using Veil In OAU / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister / A Plea From A Muslim Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2012
Tnkxxx my bro n sis.words enof cannot explain hw special i feel..tnk u'all...
Can i get audio of sm of this Surah'idk,seem i grasp more n faster when i listen'..am learning fast now though'..not really as smooth as it shud
my question;
Today is Friday,jumat.. It seem more pronounced dan every oda days of d week..y??.n pls wat time is d jumat prayer?'tnkx
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by zayhal(f): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2012
Well done Sis. I'm happy for you.

The time of jum'a varies depending on the your area and the particular mosque you want to pray. In Lagos, it's between 12.30-2.30pm in most mosques. You should try and get to the mosque early enough to listen to the sermon, the sermon is the main thing you should target.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by zayhal(f): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2012
And yes jum'a day is a special day for Muslims, it's regarded as a small eid. We're required to put on our best clothes, suspend other activities and go for the jum'a prayer. After the prayer, we can always go back to doing our businesses.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by zayhal(f): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2012
Would you mind modifying your topic to read more positively? For example, instead of having 'a backsliden muslim sister', we could have something like 'an upcoming muslim sister'. You know, there's power in words. And the things we say, hear, read often have an impact on us.
I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Sexxydivaa: Tnkxxx my bro n sis.words enof cannot explain hw special i feel..tnk u'all...
Can i get audio of sm of this Surah'idk,seem i grasp more n faster when i listen'..am learning fast now though'..not really as smooth as it shud
my question;
Today is Friday,jumat.. It seem more pronounced dan every oda days of d week..y??.[/b]n pls wat time is d jumat prayer?'tnkx

[b]In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

The Importance of Friday

(Friday speech was delivered by Imam Mohamed Baianonie at the Islamic Center of Raleigh on April 6, 1990)

Friday is the best day of the week. Imam Bukhari and Muslim reported that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "We (Muslims) came last and yet we are the first on the day of judgment. They have received the books before us (meaning Torah and Injil). We have received the book after them (meaning the Qur’an). Friday was their day to be glorified. However, they disputed on that while Allah had told us Friday is the day to glorify. Thus they will follow us. The Jews glorify Saturday, and the Christians glorify Sunday."

Also reported by Imam Muslim, Abo-Dawod, Al-Nesaii, and Al-Termithi, that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "The best day during which the sun have risen is Friday. It is the Day Adam was created. It is the day when Adam entered paradise and also when he was taken out from it. It is also the day on which the day of judgment takes place."

Muslims are supposed to do the following on Fridays:

Men are obligated to participate in Friday Prayer. Allah (S.W.T.) said in Surat Al-Jumauah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "O’ you who believe! When the call is proclaimed to Prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business. That is best for you if you but knew."

In addition, prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had warned from not attending Friday Prayer. Imam Muslim and Ahmad had reported that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) said about people who do not attend Friday Prayer, "I wanted to ask a man to lead people in the prayer so that I may go and burn houses of men who did not attend the Friday Prayer with us" He also said reported by Imam Muslim, Ahmad and An-Nesaii, "Either they (meaning people who do not attend the Friday prayer) stop neglecting Friday prayers or Allah will set a seal on their hearts so they can not find the right path again." In another authentic hadith reported by Abu Dawod, Termithi, An-Nesaii, and Ibn-Majah, that the prophet (P.B.U.H.) said, "Who ever does not attend three Friday prayers, (without a valid excuse) Allah will set a seal on his heart"

It is also recommended to increase supplication especially at the last hour of the day since it is the hour when requests are replied by Allah. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam An-Nesaii, Abu-Dawod, and Al-hakim, that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "Friday has 12 hours, one of which is the hour where cries are granted for Muslim believers. This hour is sought at the last hour after Asar."

It is encouraged to wish peace be upon prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) during Fridays and Friday’s night because of an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, An-Nesaii, and Ibn-Majah, that the Prophet Muhammed (P.B.U.H.) said, "The best day is Friday. On Friday Adam was created, and died. On Friday is the first time the trumpet is blown (meaning when every creature dies) and the second time the trumpet is blown (referring to resurrection). So increase the number of times you wish peace upon me since this prayer will be shown to me." They asked him, How will our prayers be shown to you after you have vanished. He replied, "Allah has prohibited earth to cause the body of prophets to decay."

It is also recommended that Muslims recite surat Al-Kahf, because of the authentic hadith reported by Imam Al-Baihaqee, and Al-Hakim, that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "Who ever recites surat Al-Kahf on Friday, Allah will give him a light to the next Friday."

It is also recommended that Muslims clean and wash themselves and make sure they smell nice when they attend Friday Prayers. Imam Muslim and Bukhari reported that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "Every Muslim is obligated to wash on Fridays and wear his best cloth. Also, he should use perfume if he has any."

It is important to come early to the Friday prayer. All of the hadith collectors, except Ibn-Majah, reported in an authentic hadith that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "If one washes himself and then went to Friday Prayer, it is considered as if he donated a camel for the sake of Allah. However, If he went in the second hour then it is considered as if he donated a cow and if the third hour then as if he donated a big sheep and if the fourth hour then as if he donated a chicken and if the fifth hour then as if he donated an egg. Then when the Imam starts delivering the speech the angels come and listen to it." Also in anther authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod that the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "On Friday the angels come to stand on the doors of the mosque (masjid), the angels record who comes first, if the Imam starts delivering the speech, the angles close their files and come to listen to the speech."

It is forbidden to work on Fridays after the call for the prayer was announced because Allah says in surat Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business."

Also, it is forbidden to talk during the Khutbah. Several sayings of prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) covers this subject. In an authentic hadith reported by (the group of Ahadith collectors), except Ibn-Majah that prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "If you told your friend to pay attention on Friday while the Imam is delivering the speech then you committed a sin of vain talk." Another authentic hadith which was reported by Imam Ibn-Majah and Attermizi that prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "Even who touches the gravel on the floor then he committed vain talk, and he who does commit that there will be no (Jumuah) Friday for him."

It is also disliked to walk between sitting people during Friday gathering unless there is an empty spot to fill. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, An-Nesaii, and Ahmad that, A man came and started walking between people during a Friday gathering while Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) was delivering his speech, so the Prophet told him, "Sit because you caused harm to other people and came in late."

It was not legislated to consider Friday as a day off and not work during it. Because Allah (S.W.T.) said in surat Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 10), what can be translated as, "And when the prayer is finished, then you may disperse through the land and seek of the bounty of Allah." It was not a habit of any of the companions to consider Friday as a day to take off work. On the contrary Imam Al-Malek said, "It is disliked to take Friday off since we will be resembling the Jews and Christians for taking, respectively, Saturday or Sunday off."

Finally , there are two important matters for us in this country to be cautioned of. First of all, we must not neglect Friday Prayers because of work, study, or other matters. Every Muslims should make attending Friday Prayer as his top priority. It is important to do so since ignoring it three times with no valid reason will cause the heart to be sealed from the right path.

The second matter to watch for is the loosing of one’s interest in the importance of Friday. This is especially important for the growing generation who are used to the concept of weekend being Saturday and Sunday and know almost nothing about the importance of Friday in the eyes of Muslims. So it is our duty to remind them and ourselves about this great day which is the best day of the week and try to spend it according to Islamic teaching.

http://islam1.org/khutub/GEN26.html
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
zayhal: Would you mind modifying your topic to read more positively? For example, instead of having 'a backsliden muslim sister', we could have something like 'an upcoming muslim sister'. You know, there's power in words. And the things we say, hear, read often have an impact on us.
I hope you understand what I'm saying.
tnkx dear*i'll ask tunji to help with dat.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
zayhal: And yes jum'a day is a special day for Muslims, it's regarded as a small eid. We're required to put on our best clothes, suspend other activities and go for the jum'a prayer. After the prayer, we can always go back to doing our businesses.
now i understand y everyone look real good on Friday...learning*
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

The Importance of Friday

(Friday speech was delivered by Imam Mohamed Baianonie at the Islamic Center of Raleigh on April 6, 1990)

Friday is the best day of the week. Imam Bukhari and Muslim reported that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "We (Muslims) came last and yet we are the first on the day of judgment. They have received the books before us (meaning Torah and Injil). We have received the book after them (meaning the Qur’an). Friday was their day to be glorified. However, they disputed on that while Allah had told us Friday is the day to glorify. Thus they will follow us. The Jews glorify Saturday, and the Christians glorify Sunday."

Also reported by Imam Muslim, Abo-Dawod, Al-Nesaii, and Al-Termithi, that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "The best day during which the sun have risen is Friday. It is the Day Adam was created. It is the day when Adam entered paradise and also when he was taken out from it. It is also the day on which the day of judgment takes place."

Muslims are supposed to do the following on Fridays:

Men are obligated to participate in Friday Prayer. Allah (S.W.T.) said in Surat Al-Jumauah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "O’ you who believe! When the call is proclaimed to Prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business. That is best for you if you but knew."

In addition, prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) had warned from not attending Friday Prayer. Imam Muslim and Ahmad had reported that Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H.) said about people who do not attend Friday Prayer, "I wanted to ask a man to lead people in the prayer so that I may go and burn houses of men who did not attend the Friday Prayer with us" He also said reported by Imam Muslim, Ahmad and An-Nesaii, "Either they (meaning people who do not attend the Friday prayer) stop neglecting Friday prayers or Allah will set a seal on their hearts so they can not find the right path again." In another authentic hadith reported by Abu Dawod, Termithi, An-Nesaii, and Ibn-Majah, that the prophet (P.B.U.H.) said, "Who ever does not attend three Friday prayers, (without a valid excuse) Allah will set a seal on his heart"

It is also recommended to increase supplication especially at the last hour of the day since it is the hour when requests are replied by Allah. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam An-Nesaii, Abu-Dawod, and Al-hakim, that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "Friday has 12 hours, one of which is the hour where cries are granted for Muslim believers. This hour is sought at the last hour after Asar."

It is encouraged to wish peace be upon prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) during Fridays and Friday’s night because of an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, An-Nesaii, and Ibn-Majah, that the Prophet Muhammed (P.B.U.H.) said, "The best day is Friday. On Friday Adam was created, and died. On Friday is the first time the trumpet is blown (meaning when every creature dies) and the second time the trumpet is blown (referring to resurrection). So increase the number of times you wish peace upon me since this prayer will be shown to me." They asked him, How will our prayers be shown to you after you have vanished. He replied, "Allah has prohibited earth to cause the body of prophets to decay."

It is also recommended that Muslims recite surat Al-Kahf, because of the authentic hadith reported by Imam Al-Baihaqee, and Al-Hakim, that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) had said, "Who ever recites surat Al-Kahf on Friday, Allah will give him a light to the next Friday."

It is also recommended that Muslims clean and wash themselves and make sure they smell nice when they attend Friday Prayers. Imam Muslim and Bukhari reported that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "Every Muslim is obligated to wash on Fridays and wear his best cloth. Also, he should use perfume if he has any."

It is important to come early to the Friday prayer. All of the hadith collectors, except Ibn-Majah, reported in an authentic hadith that the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "If one washes himself and then went to Friday Prayer, it is considered as if he donated a camel for the sake of Allah. However, If he went in the second hour then it is considered as if he donated a cow and if the third hour then as if he donated a big sheep and if the fourth hour then as if he donated a chicken and if the fifth hour then as if he donated an egg. Then when the Imam starts delivering the speech the angels come and listen to it." Also in anther authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod that the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "On Friday the angels come to stand on the doors of the mosque (masjid), the angels record who comes first, if the Imam starts delivering the speech, the angles close their files and come to listen to the speech."

It is forbidden to work on Fridays after the call for the prayer was announced because Allah says in surat Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 9), what can be translated as, "When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday hasten earnestly to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off business."

Also, it is forbidden to talk during the Khutbah. Several sayings of prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) covers this subject. In an authentic hadith reported by (the group of Ahadith collectors), except Ibn-Majah that prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said, "If you told your friend to pay attention on Friday while the Imam is delivering the speech then you committed a sin of vain talk." Another authentic hadith which was reported by Imam Ibn-Majah and Attermizi that prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) said, "Even who touches the gravel on the floor then he committed vain talk, and he who does commit that there will be no (Jumuah) Friday for him."

It is also disliked to walk between sitting people during Friday gathering unless there is an empty spot to fill. In an authentic hadith reported by Imam Abu-Dawod, An-Nesaii, and Ahmad that, A man came and started walking between people during a Friday gathering while Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) was delivering his speech, so the Prophet told him, "Sit because you caused harm to other people and came in late."

It was not legislated to consider Friday as a day off and not work during it. Because Allah (S.W.T.) said in surat Al-Jumu’ah, (verse 10), what can be translated as, "And when the prayer is finished, then you may disperse through the land and seek of the bounty of Allah." It was not a habit of any of the companions to consider Friday as a day to take off work. On the contrary Imam Al-Malek said, "It is disliked to take Friday off since we will be resembling the Jews and Christians for taking, respectively, Saturday or Sunday off."

Finally , there are two important matters for us in this country to be cautioned of. First of all, we must not neglect Friday Prayers because of work, study, or other matters. Every Muslims should make attending Friday Prayer as his top priority. It is important to do so since ignoring it three times with no valid reason will cause the heart to be sealed from the right path.

The second matter to watch for is the loosing of one’s interest in the importance of Friday. This is especially important for the growing generation who are used to the concept of weekend being Saturday and Sunday and know almost nothing about the importance of Friday in the eyes of Muslims. So it is our duty to remind them and ourselves about this great day which is the best day of the week and try to spend it according to Islamic teaching.

http://islam1.org/khutub/GEN26.html
hmmmmm.. More lik Friday's d most important...m guilty of dat(not participating in 3 friday prayers).even more,i pray Allah forgives me..
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2012
It is not compulsory for a Muslim woman to go for Jumat. However, if you don't go, you must pray Zuhr with its 4 rakat complete provided it is not that time of the month for you.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
to d Muslim sisters in d house' do i really need to cover my head as a muslim?'growing up in a mixed environment confused my acts.. Now in my neighbourhood, d so called muslim sisters wear weavon n wigs.,and put their veils on,in d mosque.i can wear all dis if i wna, my working environ does not forbid dat,but smtimes i feel its not normal,pls am i getting it wrong??or my heart is my place of worship....'
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
tnk God u'r onlin... Tunji,if i don't go to mekkah(hopefully i will sm day),and do not throw stones at shaytan on d tower.. Does dat make me a non'partaker,and no jannah in records?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
its more lik only d hajj,umrah,medina fellows dat r celebrated...wat happens to those that r not opportuned to go
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji: It is not compulsory for a Muslim woman to go for Jumat. However, if you don't go, you must pray Zuhr with its 4 rakat complete provided it is not that time of the month for you.
i tot its 17 rakats in all.. Is zuhr included..??tnkx so much for ur time
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sexxydivaa: its more lik only d hajj,umrah,medina fellows dat r celebrated...wat happens to those that r not opportuned to go

Hmmm... I fear you had never been exposed to proper Islamic knowledge prior to now. Hajj is a pillar of Islam. It is a great experience that every Muslim should have.

However, if one cannot afford it or doesn't have the good health to go, you are perfectly fine as long as you live and die as a sincere Muslim.

It is only obligatory for those who are financially and physically endowed to go.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sexxydivaa:
i tot its 17 rakats in all.. Is zuhr included..??tnkx so much for ur time

Subh: 2

Zuhr: 4

Asr: 4

Maghrib: 3

Ishai: 4

Total: 17

There, you have your 17 Rakats of Salat in a day.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BetaThings: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Hmmm... I fear you had never been exposed to proper Islamic knowledge prior to now. Hajj is a pillar of Islam. It is a great experience that every Muslim should have.

However, if one cannot afford it or doesn't have the good health to go, you are perfectly fine as long as you live and die as a sincere Muslim.

It is only obligatory for those who are financially and physically endowed to go.
Let me add. The people who perform hajj are actually in the minority
You find some people even repeating hajj
But let us even ignore that and look at the Arithmetic
People who go for hajj are not more than about 4m yearly
In 100 years, that will be 400m (say 500m) before counting those who do double
Muslims are more than 1b and many people will not live up to 100. At 80years, we can think of 320m/400m

I suggest we pay more attention to what is regular and would be the subject of the 1ST question that we will be asked in the hereafter. That is salat. It is the crucial pillar
Zakat is not compulsory on those who don't have up to a certain amount of wealth. It is usually once a year
Fasting is not binding on the sick (ulcer patients). The compulsory one is also once a year (29/30 days)
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by BetaThings: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
Sexxydivaa: to d Muslim sisters in d house' do i really need to cover my head as a muslim?'growing up in a mixed environment confused my acts.. Now in my neighbourhood, d so called muslim sisters wear weavon n wigs.,and put their veils on,in d mosque.i can wear all dis if i wna, my working environ does not forbid dat,but smtimes i feel its not normal,pls am i getting it wrong??or my heart is my place of worship....'

It is not easy covering the hair. But look at the vid below
Attachments, tattoos, widening the gap between the teeth, shaving the eye brow and replacing it with a pencil line are all forbidden
However beads are allowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6cwUavcaX0
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by zayhal(f): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2012
@op
Asalam alaykum sister. How are you?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by dexmond: 8:19am On Dec 12, 2012
@ OP
it is not difficult
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by dexmond: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2012
@ OP
it is not difficult praying, just ask Gods forgiveness for sins committed and promise Him that u will never do those things again, u will receive peace and assurance, you can now pray to God in a way you can. if u did not receive peace of mind, God has not forgiven. one can not do evil and just decide to come back without first asking for settlement againt him who he sinned against.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sweetnecta: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
@dexmond; the op asked about 'muslim sister learn about islam' not about mere 'praying'.
i guess she is sure about her want and need and wants to make it right in that specific direction.
you should not disregards her 'aim and intention' because she knows herself better than you know her.

if you want to preach your way to her, whatever it is, do so in a manner that will make are pay attention. but the way you are doing it is completely unproductive. you do not identify yourself to be following any way that can be identified. all i know is that if you are a muslim, you have ignored all elements of islam and probably pushing a different 'islam'. i doubt if you are muslim, just the same way i may doubt that you are a christian or jew or idol worshiper and atheist does not believe in prayers.

Islam has a firm process and there is no Paul type man and his idea in Islam.

so back off of her and take your idea to a different thread. thank you.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by dexmond: 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Sweetnecta: @dexmond; the op asked about 'muslim sister learn about islam' not about mere 'praying'.
i guess she is sure about her want and need and wants to make it right in that specific direction.
you should not disregards her 'aim and intention' because she knows herself better than you know her.

if you want to preach your way to her, whatever it is, do so in a manner that will make are pay attention. but the way you are doing it is completely unproductive. you do not identify yourself to be following any way that can be identified. all i know is that if you are a muslim, you have ignored all elements of islam and probably pushing a different 'islam'. i doubt if you are muslim, just the same way i may doubt that you are a christian or jew or idol worshiper and atheist does not believe in prayers.

Islam has a firm process and there is no Paul type man and his idea in Islam.

so back off of her and take your idea to a different thread. thank you.
Thanks for pointing out the fact that the OP wants to learn about Islam. However, learning about religious rituals and not about the God you want to serve appears to me to be waste of time. I believe the first thing before learning the rituals is to come home crying for mercy like the prodigal son who wasted his fathers resources (in the case of the OP, wasted the time to serve God). do u not think this is important than just start learning how to do ablution and the rest?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sweetnecta: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
prodigal son's return in islam is what she has done by saying she wants to learn the process of worship, again and now.

taubah is between her and her Creator Whose Door of Mercy is open to all, except those who ignore it and die not turning to it.

she didn't want to make up her own religion like Paul did of what you call christianity, having many sub makers and sections; pope for the roman catholic, marin luther for protestants, with even sub groups and bibles; the 7th day adventits, jehovah witnesses, the mormons, etc.

i didnt even mention the orthodox groups.

in islam seeking Mercy of God are in many ways. one way is how Adam and Eve did. its in chapter called the Height. there are others, including how Moses realized his fault. even Mohammad [sa] who didnt sin, God commands him to seek forgiveness of his sins; that of the past, etc to the future.

you must realize that assuming that you are sinless, not needing forgiveness is pride/arrogance and that sort of self assurance is sinful.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
^Thank you. @Dexmond, kindly refrain from further comments on this thread.

Thank you.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by dexmond: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2012
Sweetnecta: prodigal son's return in islam is what she has done by saying she wants to learn the process of worship, again and now.

taubah is between her and her Creator Whose Door of Mercy is open to all, except those who ignore it and die not turning to it.

she didn't want to make up her own religion like Paul did of what you call christianity, having many sub makers and sections; pope for the roman catholic, marin luther for protestants, with even sub groups and bibles; the 7th day adventits, jehovah witnesses, the mormons, etc.

i didnt even mention the orthodox groups.

in islam seeking Mercy of God are in many ways. one way is how Adam and Eve did. its in chapter called the Height. there are others, including how Moses realized his fault. even Mohammad [sa] who didnt sin, God commands him to seek forgiveness of his sins; that of the past, etc to the future.

you must realize that assuming that you are sinless, not needing forgiveness is pride/arrogance and that sort of self assurance is sinful.
I did not know that this is how people enter Islam, little wonder that people enter Islam by force not minding the condition of thier heart! Consider the way Abu sufyan became a Muslim after been threatened by the sword.
@OP how will you feel if someone threaten to kill you if you refused to join a course?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
^I have my phone to blame for my unknowingly hiding my post addressed to you. Kindly stop derailing this thread with your comments.

@Sweetnecta, don't respond to him, you are both derailing this thread.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2012
zayhal: @op
Asalam alaykum sister. How are you?
am fine sis,positive progress in islam
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
dexmond: @ OP
it is not difficult praying, just ask Gods forgiveness for sins committed and promise Him that u will never do those things again, u will receive peace and assurance, you can now pray to God in a way you can. if u did not receive peace of mind, God has not forgiven. one can not do evil and just decide to come back without first asking for settlement againt him who he sinned against.
wat evil pls?
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
dexmond:
I did not know that this is how people enter Islam, little wonder that people enter Islam by force not minding the condition of thier heart! Consider the way Abu sufyan became a Muslim after been threatened by the sword.
@OP how will you feel if someone threaten to kill you if you refused to join a course?
u need to read my earlier post,to understand i wasnt forced into islam
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2012
thnk u verymuch@betathings.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by maclatunji: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sexxydivaa:
u need to read my earlier post,to understand i wasnt forced into islam

Don't waste your time with these guys.
Re: Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam by Sexxydivaa: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
@ tunji,zahyal,betathings,and all who has contributed positivly to my jjourney,may Allah (SWT)grant u ur heart desire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily / 1444 Hijri New Year: Tracing The Roots Of The Islamic Calendar / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.