Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday (75286 Views)

Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. / Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
You sleep with make-up
This is very bad. Never sleep with make-up on. Don’t even try it occasionally. The problems can affect your skin for a while. This should never be an option.

You wash your face with bar soap
You want to retain that smooth, soft face. Put that bar soap away. While it may be laudable to keep your face clean, using bar soap makes your face dry and irritated. Bar soaps destroy your skin’s protective lipid barricade and leaves unwanted residue over your skin. You should get yourself a facial cleanser.

You never moisturize
Moisture is what keeps your skin soft, velvety and hydrated. Most people assume that their skins are hydrated simply because they have oily skin. This is untrue. Refusing to moisturize even an oily skin leads to clogging of pores. This causes blackheads and a lot of other skin disturbances. It is healthy to keep the skin moisturized twice daily.

You forget to exfoliate
You complain of breakouts yet you don’t believe in the ministry of exfoliation. How can that be? Exfoliating with Glycolic acid or granular scrubs will help to remove dead skins that clog pores. Exfoliating twice a week helps to make your complexion better.

You over-exfoliate
Aha! Because I mentioned that you don’t exfoliate you started to overdo it. Come on! Don’t mix and match too often such as using an acid-based moisturizer and an exfoliating cream on the same day can ruin your skin.

You don’t throw make-up away
This is hilarious. I have seen women who have clung to old make-up kits rather than discard them due to some nostalgic feeling. They ended up running the risk of using them and then reacting terribly to it. Throw expired make-up away. Abeg.

You do not sunscreen on cloudy days
Sun screening isn’t just for when the sun is out there glaring at us. The UV effects of the sun are also there on cloudy days. SPF helps to protect your skins from the sun’s ultraviolet rays which cause skin cancer. Most people forget that about 90 percent of skin wrinkles are caused by the sun. Use a moisturizer with SPF protection every day.

You do not want to sleep
Many people (I fall into that category lack good sleep hours). Sleeping time is an opportunity for the body to repair itself. “If you’re routinely sleep-deprived, your complexion will show it.” Get the beauty sleep you deserve and you’ll wake up to better skin.
You don’t know what’s in your cosmetic
You should. Learn the things that work for your body and things that don’t. Last time you reacted badly to a soap and another time to another cream. Do you have an idea what Zinc does to your skin? Anyway it protects your skin.

You don’t eat good food
Avocado pear contains the fatty acids you need to keep you skin aglow. Add good food to your diet.

You don’t use oil on your face
That you have an oily face or skin doesn’t mean you should avoid using oil on your face. Infact it has been learnt that using essential oils on face kills bacteria that cause breakouts and can help to slow down the rate of oil production from the sebum glands usually as a result of over-cleansing.

You drink too much cow milk
Skin experts have discovered that dairy products such as cow milk can make your acne go worse and accelerate your ageing process. They usually have more effects on women due to their hormonal nature.

Your skin says everything about you and a beautiful, tender skin can go a long way to help you boost your confidence in yourself.

Source: http://naijapose.com/save-that-skin-12-evil-things-you-do-to-your-skin-everyday/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by dominique(f): 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
By bar soap do you mean toilet soap, medicated soap or laundry soap? I use medicated soap on my face on days I don't exfoliate. Abeg clarify o

1 Like

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2012

You sleep with make-up
This is very bad. Never sleep with make-up on. Don’t even try it occasionally. The problems can affect your skin for a while. This should never be an option.

ME: When MU was still sharking me then, I usually forget to remove it; sometimes I remember, sometimes I forget. So I sleep with it but with time and due to moody change, I hardly wear MU.

You want to retain that smooth, soft face. Put that bar soap away. While it may be laudable to keep your face clean, using bar soap makes your face dry and irritated. Bar soaps destroy your skin’s protective lipid barricade and leaves unwanted residue over your skin. You should get yourself a facial cleanser.

ME: Bar soaps, you mean toilet soaps like Lux, Joy, Premier, Delta, Dettol, Safeguard, Cussons, Lifebuoy? Well, I use Dove Creaming Bar. Is it a bar soap too? Atleast, it's a moisturising soap.

You never moisturize
Moisture is what keeps your skin soft, velvety and hydrated. Most people assume that their skins are hydrated simply because they have oily skin. This is untrue.

ME: My Dove Creaming Bar does that for me! cheesy

You forget to exfoliate
You complain of breakouts yet you don’t believe in the ministry of exfoliation. How can that be?

ME: My bathing sponge is there to do the work; I only use it once a week and gently on my face.

You don’t eat good food
Avocado pear contains the fatty acids you need to keep you skin aglow. Add good food to your diet.

ME: I'm for good food for the body esp. fruits and vegetables.

That you have an oily face or skin doesn’t mean you should avoid using oil on your face. Infact it has been learnt that using essential oils on face kills bacteria that cause breakouts and can help to slow down the rate of oil production from the sebum glands usually as a result of over-cleansing.

ME: My body "lotion" is natural oils(shea butter + olive oil)

Skin experts have discovered that dairy products such as cow milk can make your acne go worse and accelerate your ageing process. They usually have more effects on women due to their hormonal nature.

ME: This is so true; I think more people need to pay attention to this. Since I stopped taking milk, I don't see tiny acnes on my face. Why not stop taking cow milk and see the change for yourself?

4 Likes

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 12:05am On Nov 24, 2012
dominique: By bar soap do you mean toilet soap, medicated soap or laundry soap? I use medicated soap on my face on days I don't exfoliate. Abeg clarify o

Bar Soaps such as medicated soaps and the others that have similar look and feel are best used on the body. Cleansers are more suitable for the face. There are bar soaps that have moisturizing qualities, those are not in this category. This category of bar soaps refers to both medicated, non-medicated soaps that leave your skin dry and maybe irritated after washing. Medicated soaps are to kill germs, they don't remove dead skin cells (which is what happens when you exfoliate).

There are facial cleansing bars. You should use one of them instead.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
segunsd:

Eg Dove Cream bar and shower creams/gels, right?

When I use the above, there is this slippery feel on my skin that makes me want to keep using water all over my body till the slippery feeling is gone. Isn't that a moisturing feeling?
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

When I use the above, there is this slippery feel on my skin that makes me want to keep using water all over my body till the slippery feeling is gone. Isn't that a moisturing feeling?

Yes Feyintola that's a moisturizing feeling. We are used to having our faces squeaky dry before we confirm that it's really clean.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Ammanda(f): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
add water. Good water intake prevents dehydration .

1 Like

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Horus(m): 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ATybZA8dM

Skin Bleaching is Extremely Dangerous to the skin

Video showing the dangers of Skin Bleaching and how it eventually causes skin damage which can even lead to skin cancer; not to mention psychological damage or sensitivity to the Sun. Hydroquinone, the bleaching component, is responsible and banned in many countries. People who use these products don't realise that the chemicals are absorbed into the skin and can even reach the kidneys causing all kinds of internal complications. Be proud of your skin tone, and stop buying into the "myth" that a lighter skin means a better life. When you educate the mind, everything else falls into place!!

4 Likes

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ammanda :
add water. Good water intake prevents dehydration .

Quite true Ammanda. It is essential to drink up to 8 glasses of water everyday. Apart from the fact that it keeps you hydrated, it has many health benefits that add up to your silky skin.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by TCD: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
All these long protocol just for skin? And yet dem no fresh pass me wey just dey rub vaseline for face and body.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by FertilityLady(f): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks so much for these information. I will start taken note of the things listed above, especially, that of sleeping with makeup.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by baby124: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Oh bullshit, this is why men have clearer skin upon all the exfoliating, cleasers and other marketing gimmicks we use. Are you trying to tell me a man has stronger skin on the face? We get ourselves wrapped up in so much trash because these cosmetic companies say so. Even our "OSE DUDU" and "ORI"is a rave for oyinbo people as a cleaser and body wash and moisturizer these days. Because they deceive us with so many complicated names, we think it is better. You wanna enter an endless cycle of money spending. And besides bacteria is the least of your worries with pimples especially for women. Our "Crazy Hormones" are the cause. That is why pimples can arise anytime hormones go wacky.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
segunsd: You sleep with make-up

You never moisturize
Moisture is what keeps your skin soft, velvety and hydrated. Most people assume that their skins are hydrated simply because they have oily skin. This is untrue. Refusing to moisturize even an oily skin leads to clogging of pores. This causes blackheads and a lot of other skin disturbances. It is healthy to keep the skin moisturized twice daily.

You forget to exfoliate
You complain of breakouts yet you don’t believe in the ministry of exfoliation. How can that be? Exfoliating with Glycolic acid or granular scrubs will help to remove dead skins that clog pores. Exfoliating twice a week helps to make your complexion better.

You over-exfoliate
Aha! Because I mentioned that you don’t exfoliate you started to overdo it. Come on! Don’t mix and match too often such as using an acid-based moisturizer and an exfoliating cream on the same day can ruin your skin.

You don’t throw make-up away
This is hilarious. I have seen women who have clung to old make-up kits rather than discard them due to some nostalgic feeling. They ended up running the risk of using them and then reacting terribly to it. Throw expired make-up away. Abeg.

You do not sunscreen on cloudy days
Sun screening isn’t just for when the sun is out there glaring at us. The UV effects of the sun are also there on cloudy days. SPF helps to protect your skins from the sun’s ultraviolet rays which cause skin cancer. Most people forget that about 90 percent of skin wrinkles are caused by the sun. Use a moisturizer with SPF protection every day.

You do not want to sleep
Many people (I fall into that category lack good sleep hours). Sleeping time is an opportunity for the body to repair itself. “If you’re routinely sleep-deprived, your complexion will show it.” Get the beauty sleep you deserve and you’ll wake up to better skin.
You don’t know what’s in your cosmetic
You should. Learn the things that work for your body and things that don’t. Last time you reacted badly to a soap and another time to another cream. Do you have an idea what Zinc does to your skin? Anyway it protects your skin.

You don’t eat good food

Your skin says everything about you and a beautiful, tender skin can go a long way to help you boost your confidence in yourself.

Source: http://naijapose.com/save-that-skin-12-evil-things-you-do-to-your-skin-everyday/
pls hww do i exfoliate n moisturize?
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by elopee3000(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
for bleaching of skin in nigeria as a whole only one tribe love skin bleaching too much that even one of thier governor bleach too , even one of thier king bleach too
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Ammanda(f): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
segunsd:

Quite true Ammanda. It is essential to drink up to 8 glasses of water everyday. Apart from the fact that it keeps you hydrated, it has many health benefits that add up to your silky skin.
true
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Greatest Bullsh*t of 2012.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by fonssy(f): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
segunsd:

Bar Soaps such as medicated soaps and the others that have similar look and feel are best used on the body. Cleansers are more suitable for the face. There are bar soaps that have moisturizing qualities, those are not in this category. This category of bar soaps refers to both medicated, non-medicated soaps that leave your skin dry and maybe irritated after washing. Medicated soaps are to kill germs, they don't remove dead skin cells (which is what happens when you exfoliate).

can baby soap be used for the face?
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
solidbroda: Greatest Bullsh*t of 2012.

shattap there,u foolish he-goat!if u don't have any reasonable thing to comment just Bleep oofff.....
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by Iaz93: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
Rolly83:

shattap there,u foolish useless he-goat!if u don't have any reasonable thing to comment just Bleep oofff.....
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by jelly4belly: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
True talk I realize that whenever I sleep with make up on I usually have pimples on my face. thank you for the informations
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
fonssy: can baby soap be used for the face?

Yeah. Baby soap is mild on the face because of the contents of the soap. However, there are specific soaps for the face. You can also use your Dove/ Olay/ Neutrogena moisturizing bars.

1 Like

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by imarena(f): 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by deols(f): 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

After a while,you will get used to it. I did sha
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by girlking(f): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2012
I drink 'cow milk' every other day and I don't have acene. I'm I malfunctioning undecided
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2012
girl king: I drink 'cow milk' every other day and I don't have acene. I'm I malfunctioning undecided

Hormonal levels and reactions are different in people especially females and they change with time. That you don't react to it now does not mean you won't react to it later. And No! you aren't malfunctioning. While some people react terribly to nuts, others can finish a bottle of groundnut in a day. People are different in the way they react to certain circumstances/ products/ foods/ drugs.
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
deols:

After a while,you will get used to it. I did sha

Thanks deols, I'm already used to the "slippery feeling".
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by girlking(f): 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2012
segunsd:

Hormonal levels and reactions are different in people especially females and they change with time. That you don't react to it now does not mean you won't react to it later. And No! you aren't malfunctioning. While some people react terribly to nuts, others can finish a bottle of groundnut in a day. People are different in the way they react to certain circumstances/ products/ foods/ drugs.
Thank you. Can you recomend a gσσδ exfoliant and cleanser for мe? I wan to start taking care of ℳα skin but I don't know where to begin
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by mitchyy(f): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
girl king:
Thank you. Can you recomend a gσσδ exfoliant and cleanser for мe? I wan to start taking care of ℳα skin but I don't know where to begin

It depends on your type of skin and skin tone. For a facial moisturiser, I'll recommend Johnson&Johnson products. I use the clean n clear morning glow with SPF 15 and it's been doing wonders for my face. No pimple, discoloration or any skin issue. That's what works for me. Or you could try olay products for face. For body moisturiser, I use Aveeno, which you could also try. It doesn't contain a single harmful ingredient(google it).
St Ives exfoliants are cool. But don't overuse it.
My advice to you is google any skin product before you buy it. For example, you want to buy St Ives Fresh skin scrub, google 'St Ives Fresh skin scrub review' and see what people think about the product. You most likely can detect if the product is nice or not.

NB: I'm dark skinned and have a slightly dry skin.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by girlking(f): 8:57am On Nov 27, 2012
Wow! Thanks a lot
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by segunsd: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2012
mawojuuche:
pls hww do i exfoliate n moisturize?

You moisturize by: -Not drying off your skin with towel totally after having your bath. Apply your cream on damp skin
-Use a good moisturizer that doesn't clog pores and isn't too heavy on your skin
-Dry lots of water

You exfoliate by:
-simply adding an exfoliating product to your skincare routine
-Using a body scrub once or twice a week depending on your skin to remove dull flaky skin
Re: 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday by oluchi557(f): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2012
Great tips,i do most of al these,tanz 4 reminding me*holds u n kiss u*i luv u

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring / Are You Addicted To Fake Nails? / Fashion Designers Enquiry? Who Knows The Best Of The Best?/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.